La Floresta Hostel Reviews

Cra 5 No 10 - 11, Salento, Colombia

Spacious private room, clean, towels included, staff very helpful and two kitchens! Less than 10 minutes to main plaza! Would highly recommend!

Great place to stay! It is a little outside of town and very quiet. You can chill in their hammocks outside or on the little terrace. The staff is super friendly and happy to help any time. Their mountain bikes are top quality and amazing for a ride around (be careful, the end of the tour is quite challenging ;-). I had to leave a day early and they cancelled my last night without charge which was amazing. Oh and last but not least, it is super clean. They seem to be cleaning all the time =)

Wonderful place with fantastic and happy staff. Hot showers and only a short walk to he main square. Very relaxing environment. Their bikes are excellent quality and for a reasonable price. Their beds were comfortable and remade every day. A nice touch. Kitchen was also adequate for cooking but if others are cooking also you may need to wait as it gets cramped. Nothing to really worry about though. I'd definitely book here again for my next visit to Salento (whenever that might be).

Great hostel in Salento, 5 min walk from the main plaza. Clean rooms, comfortable beds and good facilities. The kitchen was quite messy but that happens when guests do not clean up after them selves. Would definitely stay here again.

A really nice little hostel in a great town! Good location for nipping down the road to the coffee farms. The only problem is that in our room, you seemed to be able to hear everything that was going on in the hostel! Where is all this noise coming from?! Really liked it though and the staff were friendly.

The staff was really friendly. You get free coffee every morning, which is very nice. To get to he hostel you need to walk little bit, but just a few blocks. There's a lot of "hamacas" where you can rest. The showers are good and in general is good hostel where you can stay and enjoy .

Good wifi, chill vibe easy to meet others and really nice staff

Overall a great hostel for a good price. The staff is friendly and understanding. When my plans changed last minute and had to cancel part of my reservation, they did not charge me a cancellation fee, and even let me store my bags there for a few days. A very homey atmosphere and great place to meet other travelers. The one thing I think could be improved upon though is the kitchen. Because of the set-up it is very difficult for multiple people to try to cook at the same time.

This is a wonderful hostel! They offer many different activities, the staff is super helpful, and the hostel really has a good vibe to it. I would defined stay her again.

Very nice hostel. We stayed in a double and then the 8 bed dorm - both were very comfortable and clean. Great hot showers. Good kitchen. Loads of hammocks

We arrived and were double booked so they upgraded us to a double room for the same price!

The staff at La Floresta were great. Really helpful with booking trips or just pointing you in the right direction. The hostel itself was a bit dated but our room and bathroom were very clean. The kitchen was a bit disappointing - very small and quite messy/dirty, but that was maybe just due to the large number of people who seemed to be using it. The hostel has a nice garden and free coffee and was generally quite sociable. It's just on the edge of town which is nice too.

When taking a shower the hot water is VERY hot so just be careful - not a negative - just an observation.

• 2nd Feb 2015

Lovely staff, good facilities. Great place to stay after medellin carnage.

Hostel was really good and clean. Very comfy beds and hot showers! Although the hot water does run out so you may have to wait abit. Guest kitchen was great but could do with a new toastie maker. Location was close to the square! Make sure you play Tejo in Salento, it's the best!

Great hostel, we got a really friendly welcome from the lady who explained all things to do in Salento and you get this easy map with all the info. They do airport transfer too (too Armenia airport was 80 000 COP). Some of the bottom dorm beds are a bit bigger, so as a couple we could sleep together which is nice.

Really good hostel. Would stay there again

This place is really nice. The best part of it is the STAFF! they constantly cared for us, making us feel super comfortable... The hostel is kinda far from the main square (walking) but we did not care... They arranged every tour we wanted to take. We had a mishap when the administration forgot to fully charge one of the people staying in the room and after that person left, they told us we had to cover for him... Fortunately we contacted the person and he transferred the payment to the hostel.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Venezuela

My Spanish is below average and I communicated well with the staff. I stayed in the 6 bed dorm; 2 of the bottom beds are extra wide, there are small lockers with keys, and the ensuite bathroom is really nice and clean. The 6 bed dorm has a lot of value for a small cost increase over the larger dorm.

Good value for money hostel, only a few minutes from the centre. No English speaking staff, so a good opportunity to work on your Spanish! Plus Salento is a beautiful town, make the most and do some walks, and if you like your coffee make sure you visit one of the Finca's.