La Floresta Hostel Reviews

Cra 5 No 10 - 11, Salento, Colombia

Staff are amazing. But unfortunately I got attack by ticks, unfortunately. But it was not bedbugs. Hopefully they will check and clean out it. Generally, nice hostel for traveler.

Loved this hostel! The owner is such a lovely person and the staff are so helpful and genuinely friendly, it's such a lovely experience staying here. It is slightly out of town but closer to the vineyards. The kitchen is good, there's lots of chill out space and you could easily stay here for days just chilling out drinking coffee - thanks so much for a lovely stay!!

La Floresta is a very beautiful place and the stuff so charming and helpful. I will definitely return to that excellent hostel when returning to Salento. Thanks a lot!

Staff are fantastic and really help out with all queries and problems. It's so relaxing sat in the hammocks with a book and a coffee

A relaxing hostel on the outskirts of town. Easy to meet people, and plenty of information given by the reception. If they were unsure about something they would find out for you. There are two kitchen, the one inside is quite small, but functional, requires patience if others are using but no huge problem.

Very clean and tidy! helpful staff, always with a smile. 5min from the center. Would definitely go back

Staff are very friendly and nice, but they don't speak much English. Only one computer, so you may need to struggle a bit. Bed are comfortable and clean. Hot shower. There's no one hanging out in the common area, so it's a bit hard to meet other travelers besides your roommates. The kitchen is not very clean, a lot of flies on the coffee machine. But you can always have coffee in other places since it's a coffee town.

This place is ok. Middle of the road. Not much atmosphere, but then Salento is a quiet place! The staff speak no English but are helpful. Its a 10 minute walk from town, not too far. When in Salento, go to La Eliana and ask for the coffee classes. I learnt far more here than on my actual coffee tour and it was much better value! 10k for about 2 1/2 hours learning about coffee, history, health, methods to prepare, Colombian coffee, and I wasn't bored once.

Nice hostel all u really need in Salento.

Two barhrooms is too few. Otherwise lovely.

Nice place, feels homely and has comfortable beds. Nice outdoor area with hammocks.

The staff here are great. We were warmly welcomed and given lots of information on activities we could do, as well as info and discounts on restaurants. Our private room was fine, comfy bed and clean. Unfortunately the common areas (garden, lounge and kitchen) were pretty dirty during our stay (plus garden in construction). Maybe we were unlucky, but no one seemed to clean up after themselves. The hostel could be great, but we felt there were just too many people crammed into a small space.

Nice place to base treks out of in Salento. A bit far from the main square but close to the path that takes you to the coffee fincas.

This is a brilliant hostel. Staff are so kind and helpful. They are full of info on the locality. The hostel has an excellent kitchen, relaxation area and a nice garden with hammocks. It is in an ideal location a few mins from the main square. The beds are very comfortable

This hostel is amazing. Located just over the bridge, you are within walking distance to everything you need in Salento. The staff and very friendly and helpful so feel free to ask questions. I do believe they speak English too although I only spoke to them in Spanish. The only issue I would say is the battle with the wifi but if you know South America then you know that is an issue that they have almost everywhere Overall I loved my stay. Definitely recommended for anyone of any age. Have fun!

Very nice hostel, but wifi sucks

Good facilities

I stayed in La Floresta Hostel for five nights. This hostel has a very nice living room including a good kitchen area. I felt directly comfortable there. The staff is very helpfull and friendly. Even with my very very basic spanish we could communicate. Book trips at their office, it's a little bit cheaper. Wifi is working well and the beautiful garden has many hammocks to relax. All in all I would highly recommend La Floresta Hostel to everyone - it's amazing!

Staff is great, all of them want to make you feel comfortable, one can tell. No breakfast, unfortubately, but great free coffee and 'panelemonade'. Good laundry service. It's a superb place within a superb place. Wish there were more like this along the way...