La Floresta Hostel Reviews

Cra 5 No 10 - 11, Salento, Colombia

The place is only 10 min. away from the town centre. Spacious dorm with ensuite bathroom (both clean). Small but sturdy lockers in the dorm. Shower with hot water. The backyard is especially beautiful with a nice view. The kitchen is good too. Wifi is stable and reasonably fast. The staff is very helpful and can give you good and accurate information. I can recommend this place for 2 or 3 nights.

Nice little hostel with lots of hammocks to hang out in. Good laundry facilities- I got mine back in 4 hours. I can't give it a glowing review though as the showers are all freezing cold and some don't have actual shower heads so it's just a jet of icy water which isn't ideal. Also noticed a fair few dead insects around my dorm, one of which was on my bed when I arrived

A lovely hostel conveniently located to the town (a short walk over the bridge) and a scenic walk to the coffee farms. Great room with a fantastic garden (with hammocks). Very relaxing.

• 18th Aug 2015

Really nice hostel with lots of space to cook. Lots of comfy hammocks. Good location very close to the plaza but not too close that you can hear any noise.

Super Nice Hostel in a calm área a bit far from the Main Street but the city is so small that is quite good to be in a quiet area. The receptionists are super nice and help us a lot with info about all we could do around Salento. The room that I was it was a little noise cause it was in front of a comun area so you can always ask to change to a quieter room, but it's a really good hostel with lots of green area, places to relax and good lockers.

Would strongly recommend this hostel in Salento. It is situated a couple of minutes from the main plaza and it is very tranquil. The view from the 'garden' area is incredible. The staff are very welcoming and helpful at all times. The hostel is very clean. Ideal if you want to relax away from the hustle and noise from Colombia's cities. The hostel have good links with locals tour companies which are the purpose for most people's visit!

Great hostel and good location. Pretty easy to get to from bus stop. The town is small but there are some other hostels in the outskirts that aren't so easy to get to. They had lockers for large bags and a cool vibe. The staff was also very helpful.

Good hostel with a nice, relaxed vibe. Plenty of hammocks. Staff were lovely, but dont speak much english if that matters. Location is a short walk off the main square, which is better because it is more tranquil at night. 8 Bed ensuite dorm i stayed in had comfortable beds and was quite spacious

Really damp beds. Very strange. I thought it was only mine but my friend said his bed was the same. Therefore I slept very uncomfortably through the night. Apart from that eveything else was fine. If you like a damp bed, this hostel is the one for you...

Clean, friendly, good location and great facilities.

I loved the staff at La Floresta. It's a great hostel for the price!

Put some more kitchen utensils in the kitchen. It wouldn't cost you much and make a big difference to people's stay

Super charming hostel with great hang-out facilities and nice hammocks :) clean rooms and nice beds! Only downside was a really strict check-in time, the place being a little out of the town and the staff giving wrong information on busses! I would stay there again :)

I loved it! Really nice pleace and people!

nice, relaxed hostel....

A calm and relaxing hostell in the beautiful city of Salento. Stayed here 4 nights. Only thing that shouldn't be allowed here or in any hostell is to allow couples to share dormbeds. We had 2 couples at the same time in a 10 bed dorm

We loved staying at La Floresta. The staff were so friendly, the place was lovely especially the views and the hammocks! Our Room was clean and comfortable and we had a great stay. Would loved to have stayed longer! Highly recommended - it's great!

• 13th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Good location, nice staff and big social area with lots of hammocks. Very clean. 2 kictchens, but Kitchen utensils were dirty and pans had no handles.

A lovely place to stay. It's a short distance, over the bridge, from the main square which makes it accessible to all yor transport needs and yet relaxing and quiet.

The hostel was located away from the main center of town, which meant that it was very quiet and peaceful. The main center of town was only a short walk away. The back area had nice hammocks available for guests. The thing that really pushed this place over the top was the friendliness of the staff. We stayed one night but then had to move because of availability issues. The other place had terrible internet and I could not connect and La Floresta graciously allowed me to use their internet!

• 28th Jun 2015