La Floresta Hostel Reviews

Cra 5 No 10 - 11, Salento, Colombia

Staff was nice and kind, allowing me free coffee and access the day AFTER I checked out. Good vibes from other Travellers with some nice music.

Booking not honored

Nice hostel with good facilities.

There was no wifi or hot water during our stay. The staff only recommended tours and things to do that they got commission for. It was clean and there were lots of places to chill. But overall a bit disappointing.

Excellent hostel, wish we could have stayed longer!

I think this hostel was too high in price for its location and facilities. Despite advertising hot water on their sign, they have the most freezing cold showers I have ever experienced in Colombia (other guests agreed, so it was not an isolated incident). A hostel with ice cold showers at this high an elevation should be cheaper. Also, I paid extra for an in dorm bathroom, which I ended up not using because it was hardly ever cleaned.

I don't understand why this hostel is highly rated. It's a dump. There are bugs everywhere (on my bed too, and I insisted on changing beds, which one of the rotating girls at the front desk complied with). Some bathrooms were clean but some had bugs and NO HOT WATER IN THE SHOWER. The whole place is lit with cold lighting and has drab walls and furniture, cold floors, not a welcoming place at all. The dorms were overcrowded and STUFFY. And the kitchen was GROSS.

Awesome place in Salento. The dorm room is bit tight, but the common area is huge to hang around. The beds are comfy, wifi is fast. 5 mins walk to the square. The staff is very helpful with directions and tours. Lovely place to stay

Nice little hostel. The staff members were super friendly. The place is spotless clean. I would recommend them putting a TV or something in the common area.

Really nice and friendly staff! Cool common areas to chill.

Cancellation went easy, but no confirmation.

Great hostel, helpful staff

Nice hostel, close to town and loved the hammock area!

The hostel never felt clean. The bathroom in the dormitory didn't have any soap for cleaning hands (even after it had been cleaned), I had to ask for it. The kitchen areas were dirty and didn't appear to be cleaned from the night before. The staff were friendly and nice but didn't seem to do a lot. They also made a lot of noise outside the dorm rooms when people were trying to sleep!

I had the private room, which is really good value for money. The place is clean and the staff very friendly. The centre is 10min walking distance and I felt safe at all times. I would stay there again.

Only stayed 1 night but liked it a lot. It is easy to meet people to do the Cocoa Valley Hike or a Coffee Tour. The hostel supports you with a hand-drawn map which also has a lot of good tips / hints on it. Dorms are OK, but the top beds are missing a shelf and a powerplug.

Nice hostel, no breakfast but there is a nice place to go nearby. The location is good, you are close to the center and to the green.

All the staff are so helpful and cheerful. This place is an chilling place for me on the whole trip. The staff arranged me a horse from the neighbor, and I had a great ride through the coffee farm, waterfall the the valley. The free coffee in the morning is a bonus. Tasting Colombian coffee in the misty valley is an absolutely joy.

perfect!!!!

My favorite hostel on this trip; great energy, professional staff and good facilities.