La Floresta Hostel Reviews

Cra 5 No 10 - 11, Salento, Colombia

This place is ok. Middle of the road. Not much atmosphere, but then Salento is a quiet place! The staff speak no English but are helpful. Its a 10 minute walk from town, not too far. When in Salento, go to La Eliana and ask for the coffee classes. I learnt far more here than on my actual coffee tour and it was much better value! 10k for about 2 1/2 hours learning about coffee, history, health, methods to prepare, Colombian coffee, and I wasn't bored once.

Nice hostel all u really need in Salento.

Two barhrooms is too few. Otherwise lovely.

Nice place, feels homely and has comfortable beds. Nice outdoor area with hammocks.

The staff here are great. We were warmly welcomed and given lots of information on activities we could do, as well as info and discounts on restaurants. Our private room was fine, comfy bed and clean. Unfortunately the common areas (garden, lounge and kitchen) were pretty dirty during our stay (plus garden in construction). Maybe we were unlucky, but no one seemed to clean up after themselves. The hostel could be great, but we felt there were just too many people crammed into a small space.

Nice place to base treks out of in Salento. A bit far from the main square but close to the path that takes you to the coffee fincas.

This is a brilliant hostel. Staff are so kind and helpful. They are full of info on the locality. The hostel has an excellent kitchen, relaxation area and a nice garden with hammocks. It is in an ideal location a few mins from the main square. The beds are very comfortable

This hostel is amazing. Located just over the bridge, you are within walking distance to everything you need in Salento. The staff and very friendly and helpful so feel free to ask questions. I do believe they speak English too although I only spoke to them in Spanish. The only issue I would say is the battle with the wifi but if you know South America then you know that is an issue that they have almost everywhere Overall I loved my stay. Definitely recommended for anyone of any age. Have fun!

Very nice hostel, but wifi sucks

Good facilities

I stayed in La Floresta Hostel for five nights. This hostel has a very nice living room including a good kitchen area. I felt directly comfortable there. The staff is very helpfull and friendly. Even with my very very basic spanish we could communicate. Book trips at their office, it's a little bit cheaper. Wifi is working well and the beautiful garden has many hammocks to relax. All in all I would highly recommend La Floresta Hostel to everyone - it's amazing!

Staff is great, all of them want to make you feel comfortable, one can tell. No breakfast, unfortubately, but great free coffee and 'panelemonade'. Good laundry service. It's a superb place within a superb place. Wish there were more like this along the way...

Room was fine, location just across a bridge from the main part of town (10 minute walk) - nice and quiet at night but close enough to everything. Friendly staff, always willing to help. Good information about what to do and see, tours, restaurant recommendations, etc. Shower was good, despite the shower rooms themselves being perhaps a little small. Any complaint like that minor and overall a decent place to stay. Also has Wellington Boot hire, outside area with hammocks and a TV.

The staff at La Floresta is very helpful and friendly. They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The property is nice and the location is excellent as it is only a couple of blocks away from the main plaza. Salento is an amazing place.

Staff was very helpful. Rent the books from them if you are going on a hike. Would definitely stay here again

• 6th Jun 2014

Breakfast was NOT included as it was stated in the HostelWorld info (they said it was a mistake). Apart from that it's a nice place, not too far away from the action. Nice

Clean kitchen, cheap rooms and good location. I would go back!

Great little hostel across the bridge from the main town, really friendly and helpful staff, nice common areas and kitchen.

Staff is really nice and helpful. Also bike and rubber boots rental a fair deal. However kitchen is too small and communal area is outdated and not very clean. Sofas smell of cat. Hostel is a bit outside (5 min walk) but thats ok.

We really enjoyed our stay at La Floresta. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The location is perfect. It's just a 5 minute walk to the main square (willys to cocora)/restaurants/"bus station". They hand out coupons for different breakfast/dinner places all over town. Furthermore they give great recommendation, for example there's a wonderful traditional breakfast place (cheap and delicious) just down the road. Very unique!