La Guayunga Hostal Reviews

Antepara e4-27 y Vicente Leon, Quito, Ecuador

Great family run hostel, convenient central location, this is a quiet hostel but the party hostel with rooftop is just across the street for fun. Excellent wi-fi and really helpful staff!

Beautiful house, amazing staff. Location was good, in a quiet street but close to the center. Only thing I didn't like was that my room was open all the time and anyone could have walked in.

Location was great. Staff were lovely and very helpful and the food was amazing and great value for money.

This hostel is perfect for someone looking for a clean, safe room close the busses and historic part of Quito. The staff is nice and helpful, they have laundry service and the internet was decent. The only thing I didn't love about this place is that the shower water was only like warm - still, better than freezing cold like some that I've experienced. The balconies look into a cute court yard or out over the city - absolutely beautiful. I'd definitely stay here again.

lovely owners who will do anything to help- meals supplied on request - home cooking. hostel bathrooms bit run down but rooms fine - wooden floors etc- it is an old house- spectacular view from roof terrace- free wi fi- great supply dvd's

The hostel is a bit rundown and shabby, but relatively clean. The staff was really nice and helpful, but one thing that annoyed me was, that when I asked them to reserve a taxi for me the next morning really early at 5:45, they charged me 12 Dollars for it. In the morning I waited til 06:00 for the taxi to come, but it didn't arrive. So I had to find a taxi myself when it was still dark, in order to catch my bus from the bus terminal.... I guess it was not on purpose, but I was still angry.

Very helpful & friendly staff. A good place to practice your Spanish & handy to transport. The local food market is very near, for an opportunity to eat local & very cheap. Also close is a new brewery pub with great beer.

• 5th Feb 2014