La Guayunga Hostal Reviews

Antepara e4-27 y Vicente Leon, Quito, Ecuador

It can happen that you forget sth but it should be possible to get it back (even in Ecuador und especially when you it's clear that you'll return to the hostal)

• 2nd Apr 2015

Upon arrival we were greeted by the owner who failed to show us where our private room was or mention the fact the shared bathroom was being renovated and out of order. I later discovered this in the middle of the night and found the other bathroom locked, nearly ended up pissing in a pot plant. There is very little in the surrounding area in terms of places to eat, it's located in some weird no mans land between old/new town. Staff staying for a free bed were much more helpful than the owner.

When I arrived in the hostel, the welcoming was really poor. The lady juste showed my room and that's it. Nothing about the city, the breakfast, the facilties... The location is all right, close to the old city but the place is pretty old. I would not recommend specially this hostel.

When we arrived I was placed on a top bunk which I was unable to use because both ladders where used as hanging racks. But when I did finally try to climb up I was unable to because the ladder wouldn't even reach the rail on the side of the bed then I placed the ladder at the back of the bed. This didn't work out either because they was no way to make it over the bed frame which was located to close to the ceiling. I told the owner who replied that someone moved the beds and would check on it.

Only stayed one night, for a flight to the Galápagos. Massive hostel with terrace on the roof with excellent breakfast. Good facilities, and great location in old town.

The breakfast terrace was absolutely wonderful! Even though the meal was not included in the price, I would definitely recommend that future visitors take advantage of the lovely rooftop restaurant. (On the downside... The shared bathroom floor could certainly have been kept cleaner, both in the evening and the next morning.)

Got an ensuite room at ground level. Very humid (dry clothes got damp, and wet towels didn´t get dry), all walls full of mould (both in room and bathroom), not very clean (bin not emptied from previous guests, containing toilet paper with blood stains + more). No window. Noisy from cars in parking lot just outside door. We felt simply depressed in this room! After our two, already booked, nights we changed to Hostel Chicago nearby (both cheaper and super nice!). Avoid room #1, ground level!

Went during a slow month, Nov 19-21. It was cloudy every day, rained around 1 or 2 pm. Would I recommend this place/stay again? No Good - Clean - Staff is super nice - Very homey Bad - Wasn't much to do at the hostel - Spotty Wi-Fi, reception in room 16 is terrible. - Too homey because we wanted to use the Wi-Fi in the lobby, but the family was having a meeting. Seemed like we were intruding, so we left. - The kitchen in the terrace wasn't opened during stated hours, understandable (slow month

Room was bit creepy. Very old furniture and old filthy carpet. Luckily we don't got any bed bugs with us. There is a common kitchen but we didn't used it. It was too scabby. Internet was OK. You can stream movies. All in all the hostel is a bit shabby! Renovation of whole facilities is quite necessary!

Location is on the edge of the Old Town but there are few bars and restaurants near by and it's pretty quiet. It costs $6 return from the tourist centre (ora30 minute walk each way). The hostel is silent and the lounge closes at 11pm. Good value for money though.