La Guayunga Hostal Reviews

Antepara e4-27 y Vicente Leon, Quito, Ecuador

When I arrived in the hostel, the welcoming was really poor. The lady juste showed my room and that's it. Nothing about the city, the breakfast, the facilties... The location is all right, close to the old city but the place is pretty old. I would not recommend specially this hostel.

When we arrived I was placed on a top bunk which I was unable to use because both ladders where used as hanging racks. But when I did finally try to climb up I was unable to because the ladder wouldn't even reach the rail on the side of the bed then I placed the ladder at the back of the bed. This didn't work out either because they was no way to make it over the bed frame which was located to close to the ceiling. I told the owner who replied that someone moved the beds and would check on it.

Only stayed one night, for a flight to the Galápagos. Massive hostel with terrace on the roof with excellent breakfast. Good facilities, and great location in old town.

The breakfast terrace was absolutely wonderful! Even though the meal was not included in the price, I would definitely recommend that future visitors take advantage of the lovely rooftop restaurant. (On the downside... The shared bathroom floor could certainly have been kept cleaner, both in the evening and the next morning.)

Got an ensuite room at ground level. Very humid (dry clothes got damp, and wet towels didn´t get dry), all walls full of mould (both in room and bathroom), not very clean (bin not emptied from previous guests, containing toilet paper with blood stains + more). No window. Noisy from cars in parking lot just outside door. We felt simply depressed in this room! After our two, already booked, nights we changed to Hostel Chicago nearby (both cheaper and super nice!). Avoid room #1, ground level!

Went during a slow month, Nov 19-21. It was cloudy every day, rained around 1 or 2 pm. Would I recommend this place/stay again? No Good - Clean - Staff is super nice - Very homey Bad - Wasn't much to do at the hostel - Spotty Wi-Fi, reception in room 16 is terrible. - Too homey because we wanted to use the Wi-Fi in the lobby, but the family was having a meeting. Seemed like we were intruding, so we left. - The kitchen in the terrace wasn't opened during stated hours, understandable (slow month

Room was bit creepy. Very old furniture and old filthy carpet. Luckily we don't got any bed bugs with us. There is a common kitchen but we didn't used it. It was too scabby. Internet was OK. You can stream movies. All in all the hostel is a bit shabby! Renovation of whole facilities is quite necessary!

Location is on the edge of the Old Town but there are few bars and restaurants near by and it's pretty quiet. It costs $6 return from the tourist centre (ora30 minute walk each way). The hostel is silent and the lounge closes at 11pm. Good value for money though.

Very nice location near the old town (although the old town is very quiet in the evening). Amazing city views from the rooftop terrace. Serves an adequate breakfast for 3 usd. Also very convenient is the good tour operator Carpe DM across the street.

Good location- walking distance to old down. Great roof top terrace with excellent wifi and one of the best views across the city in Quito.

A nice hostel with comfortable common area and stunning view from roof terrace. There is not much in terms of fun at night though, it's very much family run. Goof value for you money.

We weren't at all impressed with our stay here, it was one of the worst places we stayed at in South America!! The kitchen is open till 10pm, but you'd be very lucky if the staff can be bothered cooking anything for you, they're more interested in getting high on the rooftop!! Bathrooms were disgraceful, no lockers in the rooms for your belongings, my feet got more dirty walking around barefoot in the room than they did outside!! Find somewhere else

A fantastic place to stay! Nice people, comfortable, great value, great location. Showers could use some improvement and none of the soap dispensers had soap. It would be convenient to have lockers on all floors. Sean is awesome! He should get a raise. :)

Bed was comfy, place was fine. Info from staff was a bit hit and miss though. Not many bathrooms, which is probably only a problem if you're in a hurry. When I stayed it sounded like breakfast was available every day, but lunch or dinner you just had to go up to the terrace and see if the cook was there.

Clean hostel with good location, but there aren't really any common areas where you can meet other travelers. There is a rooftop deck with a view, but we were consistently the only ones using it? Desk isn't super helpful as far as recommendations for spending time in Quito.