La Guayunga Hostal Reviews

Antepara e4-27 y Vicente Leon, Quito, Ecuador

lovely owners who will do anything to help- meals supplied on request - home cooking. hostel bathrooms bit run down but rooms fine - wooden floors etc- it is an old house- spectacular view from roof terrace- free wi fi- great supply dvd's

• 19th Mar 2014

The hostel is a bit rundown and shabby, but relatively clean. The staff was really nice and helpful, but one thing that annoyed me was, that when I asked them to reserve a taxi for me the next morning really early at 5:45, they charged me 12 Dollars for it. In the morning I waited til 06:00 for the taxi to come, but it didn't arrive. So I had to find a taxi myself when it was still dark, in order to catch my bus from the bus terminal.... I guess it was not on purpose, but I was still angry.

Very helpful & friendly staff. A good place to practice your Spanish & handy to transport. The local food market is very near, for an opportunity to eat local & very cheap. Also close is a new brewery pub with great beer.

• 5th Feb 2014

Great view at the roof!!!!

This hostel had nice reviews on Hostelworld, and tripadvisor, so booked this for two nights - private unsuite rooms. For the price I paid $17, there are far better options in the old town area. The room was very basic, was a bit smelly, bathrooms were not very clean either. The only good about the hotel is, its quite close to the old town, and a nice rooftop terrace. The staff was friendly and nice. However, as I said before I think there are far better options in that area for that price.

Very good services considering how packed they were at my visit

Beautiful atmosphere and a nice and clean kitchen!

Staff are very friendly & helpful