La Iguana Perdida Reviews

Santa Cruz La Laguna, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala

Staying at iguana was great all boxes ticked excellent there was only 1 thing wriong we didn't stay long enough lol

The best thing about la iguana are the family dinners at night. Great value for money and food is absolutely gorgeous. A bit disappointed about their internet filosophy...no wifi cause "they want you to talk to each other" but then if you need the internet and say to your folks back home that you are alive you have to pay for it. Next door thou there is a lovely bar restaurant which has got free wifi, so you can just go there, buy a great lemonade and use your own device.

Food was awesome

Do not go to this place. It is in the middle of nowhere, just below a big slum. The place tries to be cool, but if you stay there you are gonna miss the whole lake Atitlan. Stay in San Pedro if you wanna climb some volcanos and hang out with cool people. And, by the way, they just forgot my booking and were full, so it took me 3 hours to leave there, but, in the end, it was for my best. Staff try to play the hot people around but they are actually a bunch of amateurs playing with your money.

• 2nd May 2014

I'm sorry for the mix up with your booking, we tried everything we could to fix this by offering you a more expensive room for the same price as the room you booked and then took you to a neighboring hotel to see if they had rooms too. You chose not to stay and were quite rude to me. Mistakes happen and we take full ownership of this, but i find your comments about our home extremely offensive. You were here for all of a few hours so how you could know anything about the staff is beyond me!

Loved it! Wish I could stay forever. Lack of WiFi was annoying at first but just served to illustrate how worryingly dependant on the internet we are today. Lots of cool activities to do - back-strap weaving was phenomenal and the silk/circus acrobatics was a lot of fun. Thank you!

This is a lovely base if you are truly looking to get away from it all. Loved the setting, lush gardens and seating areas overlooking the lakes and the communal dinners was a nice way to meet people on your first night specially if travelling alone. The downside was that nowhere on hostelworld or when I checked in was it mentioned that the room I booked had no electricity which seemed odd given that the rest of the place did. Wasn't a big deal in the end but would have been nice to be informed.

Staff really knew what they were doing and were happy and family like. Beautiful, serene location on Lake Atitlan. The Saturday BBQ and live music was awesome, wish i could have stayed another night...

View all Lake Atitlan Hostels