La Iguana Perdida

Fabulous 285 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 285 Total Reviews

12th Apr 2017

Great hostel in a beautiful location with friendly staff. Showers were a bit cold but that's Guatemala for you. Great dinner

• tenderlovecaring183
  • Italy, Female, 41+
5th Apr 2017

Very happy to have found this gem. Having no wifi (don't panic, some PCs are available) meant travellers did what they are supposed to do: got off their phones and socialise! Lovely dinners (although a little pricey) and absolutely amazing dorms with no windows surrounded by lush vegetation. It felt like sleeping on a tree. Sam, thank you for providing a warm welcome, a friendly service and for always looking happy, despite obvious hic hups here and there. Your work is appreciated!

• Denmark, Mixed Group, 18-24
3rd Apr 2017

Simply an amazing experience! Was there with a friend of mine and we both loved how they had designed the whole hostel into nature. We lived in a private room which was clean and just big enough for it not to be uncomfortable. The staff was super nice and helped with anything, and the family dinner at night was so cool with great food. All in all, go there for one night at least if you're at Lake Atitlan.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
29th Mar 2017

Best hostel! Staff are so nice and accomodating. Staff are helpful/knowledgable and booked the shuttle for us. Rooms were clean, bathrooms clean. They recycle too which is so good to see. Breakfast was amazing. Location is excellent. Wish we could of stayed longer

24th Mar 2017

I could not have asked for a better place to stay- my only complaint is that I couldn't stay longer. I am travelling alone through guatemala and I felt safe, comfortable, and welcome at the Iguana. The food is delicious and affordable and the view cannot be beat. I needed to hang out for awhile after I checked out and I was free to read and relax on the comfortable patio until I had to catch my shuttle back to Antigua. I can't recommend La Iguana Perdida highly enough.

• Canada, Female, 41+
21st Mar 2017

I loved the atmosphere at La Iguana Perdida and would have stayed for much longer if I had had more time. It was hard to leave. Will definitely return.

21st Mar 2017
8.0

The showers were not really clean. The room was ok, super small and not amazingly clean neither. The staff is super friendly. Very well located. The only thing I didn't like is the flies everywhere. I had about 10 in my bedroom and it's impossible to eat any food without fighting.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
20th Mar 2017

Really nice hostel. Very chilled with great staff. The hostel dinners were really nice!

• USA, Female, 41+
12th Mar 2017

Don't miss an opportunity to spend some time with this talented crew. Inclusive to all thru the nightly events..."Open Mic ", "Game Night", Costume dress up night, family style dinner meals etc...The hostel offers the stunning lake view but the icing on cake is the staff! I loved the yoga instructor, Whitney who was so intuitive to each attendee's needs. My favorite class was the night time yoga with candle light. The stars were stunningly beautiful from the yoga deck.

• France, Female, 18-24
3rd Mar 2017

Such a great place to stay and chill out! I wish I could have stayed more than one night. The diner in the common room was lovely and the staff great. If you're planning a trip to Guate, this is must-do :)