La Iguana Perdida Reviews

Santa Cruz La Laguna, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala

The location is unreal -- right on the water in Santa Cruz La Laguna. Peaceful to stay put, or easy to day trip to neighboring towns by boat or by foot. The staff are friendly and helpful, the food was epic (I never missed the super social family dinner) and the dorms were comfortable. I came for two days and stayed for five, and I have a feeling that happens often. A++ experience all around.

A backpacker's backpacking spot! In a culturally unique place this hostel has developed a niche that complements and elevates an already sublime location. Attentive staff. Value for money in every direction. I would stay here any day of any week. DO NOT LOOK ANY FURTHER.

The place is beautifull but everything costs extra money (computer, food...) so it becomes a bitt expensive to stay in.

Wow best hostel ever! Such a great atmosphere and the food is fantastic. Great value as well for how nice the place is. Felt more at home here than anywhere on my trip. 110% !!!

Excellent location in Santa Cruz de La Laguna, with incredible views over Atitlán. Bathrooms are clean, hot water, no real complaints about the rooms, very cheap. Staff is very helpful, but sometimes a bit under trained, as it is staffed mainly by volunteers. Very cheap drinks during happy hour, and parties while good do allow sleep, as everything shuts down round 11pm.

Beautiful breathtaking location - can't emphasise enough!! Lovely restaurant/cafe to laze away the day by the lake. 3 course dinner in the eve is a lovely way to meet others. Shame that there is no wifi and charge for using computers (only 2 of which we're working and constantly occupied). I stayed in a no-elec dorm - a little unusual but a cheap option!

Excellent stay, only the cold showers made it a little bit less (and yes, I know about not opening the shower too much). Also it would be nice to have a light outside in de no electricity room for when you go to the bathroom in the night.

• 19th Jul 2015

This hostal has so much potential, yet I ended up only staying a night. It's so full of rules that I felt I was back in high school. And it may appear to ve cheap to stay but they charge for EVERYTHING so it really isn't cheap... and you're not allowed to eat your own food in the eating area... Being a hostal, especially this rule was ridiculous to me..

loved it here. the place is really clean with comfortable beds. keep in mind there is no WiFi but you can use their computers for a small fee. the food was excellent, I really enjoyed the family style dinners. you can't beat the location and the view.

I loved my stay at this hostel! Great staff, good vibes and really good food. I had a fantastic time at this place and participated in the yoga classes, which they offered in the morning. If you are looking for a relaxed hostel with a great atmosphere, this is the place you have to go!

I had an amazing time here meeting the staff and other guests. It was a beautiful place to stay and they had great accommodations for the price. Meals are a little more pricey than you might find in local restaurants, but the dinner experience was worth it. I highly recommend this to anyone looking to enjoy the lake, meet fellow travelers, or just relax!

• 28th May 2015