La Iguana Perdida Reviews

Santa Cruz La Laguna, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala

I would highly recommend La Iguana. I met some great travelers here! Loved how locals were employed and I felt very comfortable here. If you are on a budget Its worth it for Saturday only. The Mayan sauna is awesome and free on Sunday's!!!! In general the volunteer staff was really nice and fun but to be honest 2 girls were not as nice. The one that speaks during dinner isn't exactly pleasant (possibly management) I would return regardless !

Nice place!

Gorgeous place, with lovely staff who were efficient, so friendly and lots of fun. There was a lovely calm and easy going atmosphere that just seemed to make the warm days last so long with time for everything or nothing!! There was a really social, happy vibe that livened up at night should you want to join in, but no pressure. I met some great people who made my stay. Just lovely.

A wonderful place to stay, do yoga, relax, meet people! I look forward to going back!

• 19th Jan 2016

Santa Cruz is really quiet place and not so many places to visit. but it's really nice for relaxing. this hostel..if you like party,this hostel is perfect for you. about facilities,just normal

I met some wonderful people from all over the globe and enjoyed myself thoroughly. As a mature female solo traveler I appreciate the opportunity to interact with fellow travelers, but also enjoy the safety and serenity of my own private room.

• 31st Dec 2015

Really nice hostel and location with a fun and relaxing vibe!

We loved the hostel but the "lanchas" service is not util late in case you wanna party you have to consider this if you want to stay in this hostel, however La iguana perdida itself is really nice!

I adored my stay, and actually extended my stay at La Iguana! The location is fantastic, Santa Cruz is by far the best village on the lake, and La Iguana is meticulously-run. The staff is incredible, and facilities are gorgeous. The private rooms are not worth it, though, they are tiny and smell funky due to the straw material that covers the rooms.

Nice place, friendly atmosphere, brilliant view and staff were mostly welcoming and very accommodating to my bizarre food allergy during communal meals (which were yummy). Santa Cruz itself does not have an abundance of things to do but La Iguana provides helpful suggestions on things to do around the lake. Overall great hostel.

This hostel has a WONDERFUL location ... The view is the best i've ever seen. The people who work here are nice, the place is clean but there are no lokers, no free breakfast, no wifi (which is not a real problem but still), ...

Best hostel out. Certainly the best place to stay on the Lake. Would return.

This hostel, in my opinion, is one of the best around the lake. It is in a stunning location, it is clean and comfortable and the food is delicious! Highly recommend anyone visiting Lake Atitlan to stay here, and also to complete the walk between Santa Cruz and San Marcos. Fab place :)

The location is unreal -- right on the water in Santa Cruz La Laguna. Peaceful to stay put, or easy to day trip to neighboring towns by boat or by foot. The staff are friendly and helpful, the food was epic (I never missed the super social family dinner) and the dorms were comfortable. I came for two days and stayed for five, and I have a feeling that happens often. A++ experience all around.

A backpacker's backpacking spot! In a culturally unique place this hostel has developed a niche that complements and elevates an already sublime location. Attentive staff. Value for money in every direction. I would stay here any day of any week. DO NOT LOOK ANY FURTHER.

The place is beautifull but everything costs extra money (computer, food...) so it becomes a bitt expensive to stay in.

Wow best hostel ever! Such a great atmosphere and the food is fantastic. Great value as well for how nice the place is. Felt more at home here than anywhere on my trip. 110% !!!

View all Lake Atitlan Hostels