La Iguana Perdida Reviews

Santa Cruz La Laguna, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala

The place is beautifull but everything costs extra money (computer, food...) so it becomes a bitt expensive to stay in.

Wow best hostel ever! Such a great atmosphere and the food is fantastic. Great value as well for how nice the place is. Felt more at home here than anywhere on my trip. 110% !!!

Beautiful breathtaking location - can't emphasise enough!! Lovely restaurant/cafe to laze away the day by the lake. 3 course dinner in the eve is a lovely way to meet others. Shame that there is no wifi and charge for using computers (only 2 of which we're working and constantly occupied). I stayed in a no-elec dorm - a little unusual but a cheap option!

Excellent stay, only the cold showers made it a little bit less (and yes, I know about not opening the shower too much). Also it would be nice to have a light outside in de no electricity room for when you go to the bathroom in the night.

• 19th Jul 2015

This hostal has so much potential, yet I ended up only staying a night. It's so full of rules that I felt I was back in high school. And it may appear to ve cheap to stay but they charge for EVERYTHING so it really isn't cheap... and you're not allowed to eat your own food in the eating area... Being a hostal, especially this rule was ridiculous to me..

loved it here. the place is really clean with comfortable beds. keep in mind there is no WiFi but you can use their computers for a small fee. the food was excellent, I really enjoyed the family style dinners. you can't beat the location and the view.

I loved my stay at this hostel! Great staff, good vibes and really good food. I had a fantastic time at this place and participated in the yoga classes, which they offered in the morning. If you are looking for a relaxed hostel with a great atmosphere, this is the place you have to go!

I had an amazing time here meeting the staff and other guests. It was a beautiful place to stay and they had great accommodations for the price. Meals are a little more pricey than you might find in local restaurants, but the dinner experience was worth it. I highly recommend this to anyone looking to enjoy the lake, meet fellow travelers, or just relax!

• 28th May 2015

Amazing place, the staff were definitely the highlight. I am travelling by myself and everyone made me feel very welcome instantly. Would definitely have stayed longer if I had the time.

• 12th May 2015

Overall, a decent stay. We paid a little more to stay in the deluxe suite. They advertised "cozy, warm" showers...but we had nothing but cold water. A sign on the bathroom door told us to let them know and they'd check whether the gas needed changing, and we did that, but they said there was no problem. So, we lived with it. Ants crawling all over the sink in our bathroom--more or less to be expected in Guatemala though. Dinner was delicious on Saturday (BBQ), less impressive Sunday.

This hostel is a bit like going to an adult summer camp. Isolated, beautiful scenery, really nice people. The dinner is very good; afterwords often they have a social experience -- trivia, talent show, jokes. The custom alcohols are great. Deedle, Dave, and staff make the place feel like a home which will be refreshing during a trip.

Super cozy and everybody was so friendly! Loved it there!

I came to this hostel in order to do some fun dives in the lake, unfortunately, because of lack of staff, there were no divings during my stay, i was really disappointed, so if you want to go there in order to dive, contact the diving center before booking. Except that, the hostel is nice, the showers are not comfortable.

The view of the lake is fantastic but the staff on our stay (with the exception of one guy) didn't do the place any favours.

View all Lake Atitlan Hostels