La Jangada Hospedaje Reviews

Carrera 9, No 8-106, Leticia, Colombia

Friendly owners and manager and great tours booked through the hostel. However, the place needs a really good clean, the breakfast takes forever, no kitchen use and there's only one nice table to sit at in the front of the hostel, which was often frequented by school kids and moody teenagers...

The staff here are rude and it made me feel like I was inconveniencing them when I asked a question. The window beside my bed had no glass or screen so I was attacked by Mosquitos all night, plus that's not very safe. The bathrooms are dirty. I wouldn't stay here again.

Hello Kimberly, Sorry to hear that you didn't liked your stay in our place and didn't felt right with us. We always try to do and give our best and we will take note of your comment to improve ourselves because we value the social side and respect everybdoy in our working philosphy. We wish you the best.

La Jaganda was a good place for a night in between an Amazon tour and flying up to Bogota. It was nice to not have bunkbeds but individual beds and lockers that would fit a lot near your bed, although they were all different sizes so it was first come first serve. The staff was friendly and helpful. Not far from the airport either, R$4 mototaxi or COP8000 regular taxi. If I was coming through Leticia again I would stay here, but not for an extended stay.

Hello Kristen: Thank you for your comment. We appreciate that you´ve enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the center of Leticia so if you come again we will love to show the jungle around with the tours we organize, may be next time you are going to have an extended stay with us. :) . Enjoy your trip. Thank you again.

Nice staff, place is run by nice family. One minus for killer cockroach who attacked us middle of night, otherwise no complaints:)

Hi Anselmi: Thank you for your comment. We are very sorry for the killer cocroach, we fumigate periodically but sometimes one of them escape from us, jungle is jungle! :). We will tell Martha to focus on them and we will tell your compliment for her and her nice family.

This place was nice. They have a great breakfast. The beds are comfy. My only complaint was that the bathrooms were pretty dirty.

Hi Jonathan, Thank you for your comment. We are aware of the problem of the bathrooms. Actually we are changing the separation of the showers because we realize that some people flood the bathrooms having shower and from our side we clean them more often. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast and bed! Have a nice trip and see you.

No one really seems to work here, just various people hanging around on the couch who you have to interrupt from chatting or watching TV to ask a qt. None of whom speak English. Check in included no info.. Herve was there for 15 minutes and in that time did help me get my stamps organised and book a tour. I was not told where to go for it, or that the guide spoke no English. Drom room had cobwebs everywhere and sheets smelled.organise your own tour easily in the town, and stay somewhere else.

Stayed here for 4 nights. On arrival I was met by staff who spoke no English and didn't attempt to give me any information about the hostel or the area. The two bathrooms were always dirty. The WiFi didn't work for the first two and a half days i was there. The only common area was constantly occupied by the staff/family that live there. On the positive side, the location was OK. I was given some help getting my exit/entry stamps. There are single beds instead of bunk beds which was nice.

Great place to stay, the staff is wonderful and friendly. You are centered in the middle of Leticia, all the restaurants/parks are walking distance. I even walked from the Tabatinga airport to the hostel and enjoyed every minute of it (both Columbia and Brazil had won their game that day).

• 19th Jun 2014

Cool hostel with an extremely knowledgeable and friendly owner. Could have done with more and cleaner bathrooms though. Also no cealing fans or air conditioning which meant it could get hot at night.

Great location the owner is nice and full of good info ... Unfortunately the room were smelly probably cause the one we stayed in did not have windows... Toilets were dirty

Great place to stay, staff was super friendly and super helpful, best caipirinias in town!

La jangada is a very nice and relaxed hostel. I stayed here for three nights, and from the moment of arrival the support of the staff was great already. They really made my stay there. Besides that, it's also a very pleasant hostel. Rooms are good, it's clean and good location.

• 2nd Jun 2014

We were lucky to be upgraded to a room including private bathroom for one night for free. This room was very nice and comfortable as it also included cable tv which was not in the other rooms. We ended up having to stay a couple of extra days waiting for our boat to Manaus so moved in to the private room at the back of the hostel with the shared bathroom. This room unfortunately did not have good ventilation which resulted in a mouldy smell :(

The owner herve is so helpful and can speak quite good english. he is a nice guy and willing to supply any info he knows. the other staff do not speak engligh. the location is ok, while there is no hot water, the room facility is simple but ok.

I am actually very demanding regarding accommodation, I am not a young boy anymore so I look for confort besides the opportunity to meet travelers, La Jangada offers both things, and an extra bonus, HERVE, the owner in an authentic traveler and you may get lots of tips for free, plus a wonderful time with this fellow whom I must congratulate for running such a fantastic place. I do recommend La Jangada as a top ten Hostel in Amazonas..

Staff are extremely friendly. The people staying at the hostel were extremely rude. Rather than explore the amazon basin they would sit in the doorway and create an extremely hostile environment. But luckily we just needed a bed to stay in before a 4 day trip on the river. If you just need an overnight stay in the Leticia this is ideal.