La Lechuza Hostel Rosario Reviews

San Lorenzo 1786, Rosario, Argentina

Great hostel to spend a few days. Lovely hosts who will make you feel at home (insults and all!) and help you make the most of your stay. The hostel has a lovely relaxed feel and is a great place to meet and make new friends. Juan introduces everyone so no one is a stranger. It is not a party hostel but there is a small bar and nice garden area for socializing and it's a good place to meet others to go partying with if you want. We were sad to leave and thoroughly recommend it to everyone.

Nice hostel with a good atmosphere, big dorms and a great breakfast. Definetly recommended!

Nice place, conveniently and safely located, good in-hostel beer selection, friendly and fun staff. The staff threw together a fun empanada night and we all went out to see two musical groups were staying in the hostel, it was awesome. Would definitely go back in I'm in Rosario again.

La Lechuza has a special atmosphere, comfortable and friendly, with easy going people around. Beds are very good, the owner is a really nice guy, knowledgeable of the city, staff also quick to assist, stable internet connection, 6 or 7 bathrooms, supermarket 2 blocks away. Though my favourite it's a small interior grass patio, a very nice shelter and a place for gathering and relax with a cool beer at night. This cute hostel stands up from the crow, my kudos to La Lechuza. Highly recommended!

• 7th Nov 2014

Great hostel in a good location in Rosario. Close to most points of interest. Atmosphere very including, so good for solo travellers as well. Breakfast until late!

The stuff was really friendly and gave helpful advices! But customers should be informed before booking, that there is a bar open till 2 am with loud music and that it does not mean that you have a shower when you book a room with a bathroom. Also the toilette brush was weak and should be renewed!

Thanks for your review , please note that the description of the room says : "Room with a double bed plus one single . Bathroom: toilet , hot water . No Shower." , About the bar is true but only at weekends the bar is open untill 2AM. Thanks to another review which conplained about the same problem we have restricted the hours when music is played .This is not a party hostel but we try to keep all the guests happy .And, there is now a new toilet brush.

I stayed in the private room with bathroom And it was the worst experience ever. The walls were full of mold so the smell of the room was intoxicated. The bathroom was absolutely dirty, seems like it was never cleaned up. And for two nights we couldn't sleep because of the noise, during all night. It's a pitty because the owners are really Nice people and treated us very well. But i think they have two review some things and pay more attention especially about the cleanliness of the rooms.

• 19th Aug 2014

hi herbert , its me Juan , thanks for your comment , i did talk with the staff who was working those two nights , as you know the comfort of the guest is my priority , i am working on the points that you have mentioned about the hostel. i hope do you return to see the change. saludos desde Rosario juan

The guy who runs this place is the happiest, nicest guy in Rosario and the free breakfast is great. The whole place has a relaxed vibe that other hostels in Rosario lack. I´ve got nothing but good things to say about this place.

friendly staff, particularly the owner. Quirky hostel with a lovely bar. The breakfast was nice, great to have sugary pastries first thing in the morning. The outside looks a bit scary! The kitchen and bathrooms were quite old and run down. Try to get a room away from the street as it can be noisy at night, I never knew cars could make such sounds!! This hostel like its staff has great character but with a little investment into its kitchen/bathrooms it could be outstanding :)

I liked this hostel, I recommend it. The owner is very sociable and likes to joke with guests. The female staff member who welcomed me to the hostel was also very friendly. The beds were comfortable, but if you want a bit more room, I recommend not staying in the larger mixed dorm. When I stayed in this hostel there was big conference happening in Rosario, so there was no beds available for the weekend, but the staff left me hanging by saying there was a bed for me when in fact there was not

Nice staff, good breakfast, the only problem was the internet which was hard to connect to.

I've enjoyed my stay at the hostel. very helpful and kind staff, breakfast was fullfilling with enough variety of food. Central location: I was very good suggested about what to see in the city. If I had much time I'd have stayed longer!

Very friendly and helpful staff.You can use the kitchen,great decoration at the bar and in the garden.It close to the center.Everything was great,recommend this hostel.

• 12th Jul 2014

Owner is a fun fellow. Had a great time.

A very homely hostel. Great location. Staff are amazing, helpful and full of ideas for things to do around Rosario. Would definately come back again.

Great staff but pretty much a basic hostel. Has everything you need and would want

Quick stopover in Rosario was all that was needed really. We stayed 2 nights, with the hostel being small but perfectly fine. Staff were great and helpful, speaking perfect English and helping with all queries. Dorm was cold at first but Juan was more than happy giving us a heater. Breakfast could have been better, lots of sweet stuff and not much fruit bu still ok for a free meal. Small but good communal/bar area, kitchen facilities good, wifi a little hit or miss. Overall good for 2 nights