9.8
Superb 519 Total Reviews
9.8
Superb 519 Total Reviews
La Maison Bacana B&B Located at 9 Rue Emile Zola, Vitry Sur Seine, Paris.
France
Paris 94400 9 Rue Emile Zola, Vitry Sur Seine
98% 519
48.8008427 2.4009340
    Rooms available

25th Nov 2016

Incredible value for the price. It's a nice mix between a bed/breakfast and a hostel- you still share a room with others, but it is much smaller and feels more home-like. Breakfast is very nice as well. Nice shower in the bathroom, towel provided, and there is space provided to store small luggage (think backpack-size) as well as a lock, although I doubt you'd have many problems with security here. :) Location is great, on the RER C line which goes to many major monuments!

• Finland, Female, 18-24
18th Nov 2016

Me and my sisters first stay in Paris. Fred and Manns absolutely lovely place has made our stay that much better. If you are looking for a place in a quiet but close to all the major sights in Paris, this is the place for you! We loved it!!

• USA, Female, 18-24
9th Nov 2016

I loved staying at Maison Bacana! The atmosphere is so welcoming, Fred is very sweet, and the breakfast is amazing (by that I mean, you'll definitely be ready to take on a day of exploring after eating it). The location may be outside the center of the city, but the hostel is less than a five minute walk from the Vitry-Sur-Seine RER stop, and from there, it's super easy to get into the center of Paris. I would highly recommend staying here :)

• England, Female, 18-24
17th Oct 2016

This is the nicest place I've ever stayed! Fred was so welcoming and helpful and had guides on all the different parts of Paris. The hostel was incredibly clean and even in our dorm we had towels and a kettle with various teas and mugs and glasses etc. so it was really civilised. The breakfast was incredible, I couldn't eat it all but Fred let me take some of it with me for lunch! And at breakfast time you sit with the other guests and chat about what you've been up to in Paris, it's so lovely!

• USA, Female, 41+
12th Oct 2016

It was the perfect place for me! Fred is so helpful. I loved the breakfast conversations. Everyone shares about their activities from the day before. It helped guide my plans. If you like to be in the center of town perhaps this is not the place for you. If you like to feel like you live in Paris-this is your place! 1/2 block to the metro but a neighborhood feel. By the time I left it felt like home Miss you already Fred! 😘

11th Oct 2016

There are specific things that I look for in a hostel and mainly, it's the toilet. There was only 1 toilet/bath in the 4-bed female dorm. I usually avoid this set-up as some girls would stay in the toilet/bath for as long as 30 mins. And being among fellow travelers, you all have the same toilet/bath schedules. Very inconvenient. It would hsve helped if there was at least a spare toilet/bath somewhere even outside the room. Other than that, I rate this property superb esp. the host and his staff

• stefan_sinclair6362
  • USA, Male, 41+
2nd Aug 2016

We loved our stay at the guesthouse. Fred made our stay unforgettable, very welcoming and friendly to our whole family. The breakfasts each morning and friendly conversation were the perfect start to each day of our stay in Paris. The guesthouse is also just a 5 minute walk from the Paris Metro making it a perfect launching point to our day's activities. Absolutely recommend La Maison Bacana to anyone visiting Paris - you will not be disappointed.

• USA, Female, 31-40
31st Jul 2016

Very well located ( a short 10 min subway to the city center) and really clean. This little spot is like paradise. Beautifully decorated with lots of plants, flowers and greenery. They greet you every morning with a huge breakfast The room was spacious, and appealing. Totally worth it !!!!…Will also recommend this place to my family and friends! :)

22nd Jul 2016

PROS: Location was a 3 minute walk to the RER, 2 trains and a 30 minute train ride, you were in Paris. Location, the street the B & B was on was quiet, well maintained. The hosts Fred and Mand were very nice, helpful and had wonderful maps and tips to all the sites, restaurants and tube system. CONS: The cat smell. Never saw a cat, but the smell of a litter box/urine smell was noted.

Connie, of course you never seen a cat ... there are no cat in the b & b. The cats live in our house (the house next to the b & b) They NEVER go in the b &b . The cleanliness and hygienne are for us an important preoccupation. You should have speak to us about this smell during your stay ... we would have resolved it . best regards, Fred

• Scotland, All Female Group, 18-24
3rd Jul 2016

This is the best place we have ever stayed!! Fred was the best host and so friendly and helpful, he provided maps and helped us find anywhere we wanted to go! The room was extremely clean and well decorated. There were lots of nice extras like DVDs provided which made us feel at home! The location was a little out of town but Fred was very helpful in explaining the best way to get into Paris. Breakfast was fantastic every morning and we would definitely return here!!