La Maison du Patriote Reviews

169, St-Paul Est, Montreal, Montreal, Canada

Loved this place! So clean and a fantastic atmosphere with a beautiful set up. Friendly people, good location, plenty of privacy.

• 17th Jan 2015

La Maison du Patriote was by far my favorite hostel I've ever stayed at because it felt less like staying at a hostel and more like staying with a good friend. While I was there, Eve was working on staff and she was incredibly friendly and helpful, always willing to answer any questions I might have. Hostels tend not to be the cleanest places, but La Maison de Patriote is different! I was surprised how clean the bathrooms were! Overall, great value and highly recommended for staying in Montreal.

• 16th Jan 2015

Nice, cozy hostel with a good location. We stayed in a private room off of the main living area. Due to the location of the room and it being an older building, it was a bit noisy for a light sleeper. The common area and kichen were roomy with everything you need and showers were excellent.

Great as always!

This Hostel experience was fantastic. It is small, cozy, and a little eclectic. The vibe is great, and the location is perfect. Warm bed, bathrooms and showers are spotless. Large community space and kitchen, perfect for travelers especially solo ones. I've already booked another stay here when Montreal warms up!!!!

• 2nd Jan 2015

My (our first stays at a hostel) there were three of us and we stayed in three different ones on our trip. La Maison du Patriote was absolutely the best and a wondrous experience for all 3 of us. The time was New Years. The house was filled to the last sleeping possibility and the owner was there to celebrate and supervise. House was filled with young folks from all over the world, communing easily in the kitchen and living areas. Everything needed was provided. One of the best times I ever had.

Good atmosphere. Beds annoyingly close to other people's and the sleeping area was cold with not enough bedding.

• 29th Dec 2014

Lovely place. Disliked all the noise some of the other patrons caused. The night curfew needs to be strictly enforced as the walls were thin and the doors let in a lot of noise.

This is an exceptionally clean, well-kept, eco-friendly, and ideally-located hostel (in old city - it is a transit ride or long walk to Mont Royal). There is a passcode to get in so you don't have to wake someone up if you come back late at night. Only one staff member present during the day and she leaves early in the evening. The owners, who live there, explain that this is to keep costs down, though the gentleman did check in on me when I was sitting in the kitchen late one night.

Awesome friendly people. Dorms were clean and felt more private due to the curtains. Location was perfect and value for money was great.

• 28th Dec 2014

We had the private rooms and the staff were super friendly. Decor was a surprise! They had a list of activities around the city, and we location was in the heart of old montreal and close to subway stations. Only down fall was the water pressure in the showers.

• 27th Dec 2014

This was my first hostel experience and it was great! I visited Montreal and Quebec City as a solo traveler (first time for that and out of the country) so I am glad everything went well! I expected more up beat, talkative, want to hang out crowd. did meet a gentleman by the name of James (I think, from Australia) and he was really nice! I would return!

• 26th Dec 2014

The Hostel was very nice! Nice people and it's cute!Location excellent, in the old part of Montreal and very close to the other things and the metro. :-)

An amaaazing place in the centre of Montreal! It has everything, for a very low price. Cutely decorated and kept with love. They use chalk on their walls! =P

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Latvia

The hostel itself is located in heart of downtown area so you would be able to reach any places easily. The kitchen and the living room they have is pretty lovely and in most of the cases they are filled with people which is a good thing if you are down for chill. Great memories and overall it's clean and tidy! (you can even do free laundry there if necessary )

Good location in the heart of old town, great staff - very laid back, great atmosphere. Only two toilets and three showers for quite a number of people, but generally it wasn't an issue. Overall I was happy with my experience there.

This place is great to stay. Excellent price and is a hostel with actual character, not just another soulless dwelling with a bed. I know I'll be staying again because I've already booked, ha!

Check-in and out was very smooth. Water is never hot, other guests seemed oblivious of Host Hostel requests for quiet and cleanliness, also seems to have a bed bug problem. Other than that, staff were all very pleasant, and helpful, (refused tip!) Security cameras for all main rooms. Floors are very old and creaky everything on second level so you need to be able to climb stairs. (that fits with its designation as youth hostel, but hard for people with mobility issues). Couple of nice freebies.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

La Masion du Patriote is a backpacker's dream come true. It's a cozy, homey hostel located in the heart of Old Montreal. It offers impeccably clean facilities, funky decor, friendly and helpful staff and free wifi all for less than $20 per night! it's also located in the centre of one of the most beautiful neighbourhoods in the city and is a five minute walk away from the metro Champ de Mars.

This is a lovely, unique and colourful little hostel in the heart of Old Montreal. I had a very pleasant stay here and would be happy to recommend it to anybody.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4