La Maison du Patriote Reviews

169, St-Paul Est, Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Loved it! I would highly recommend this hostel. Very nice staff and beautiful building!

• 30th Mar 2014

Really enjoyed my time here, met lots of cool people and all the staff were very friendly and always happy to help.

• 26th Mar 2014

Had an absolutely incredible time- nothing could be better! Thank you!

• 22nd Mar 2014

An absolutely incredible hostel experience, the best place I could imagine to stay in Montreal!

• 21st Mar 2014

La Maison du Patriote felt a bit like home, a bit like camp, a bit like a train, and a bit like something I saw in a movie once. The kitchen was clearly the hub of the hostel: warm, welcoming, and very homey. We took several of the suggestions for dining out and things to do written on the boards and walls. Everything made sense and was logically provided.

• 11th Mar 2014

Beautiful hostel in an incredible location! Really homely and super cool decor!

The walls between the rooms are like a thin paper and at weekend-nights the outer ones too.

I stayed here with my boyfriend and our friends; we had an amazing experience. The location's great, it's affordable,and a wonderful place to meet people from all over the world! Interestingly, there were three things I found made my stay a unique experience. If you like cooking you can make dinner in the hostels little quaint kitchen. The design and artwork is very unique; you can draw on the walls. Lastly, the living room is filled with games and instruments to play with. Home away from home

• 16th Feb 2014

Really enjoyed my stay. The small hostel provides a cozy atmosphere were you quickly meet lots of new people. The beds in the 22 bed room are arranged to create small private spaces and each bed has curtains. There is no night staff, but this was no problem (you get a key code to get in anytime). The day staff is friendly and concerned that you have a good stay. The hostel is located in the beautiful Rue St Paul, the touristic center. A variety of music instruments is provided in the lounge.

• 15th Feb 2014

The atmosphere in La Maison du Patriote was the coolest -- fun, hip, and very homey. The location was also incredible, and the staff were very friendly. I see why it was voted best small hostel in the world last year! I would highly recommend this place.

• 14th Feb 2014

The hostel was awesome!

• 14th Feb 2014

AMAZING EXPERIENCE! So homey, great value and excellent facilities, I will go back here every time i'm in Montreal for sure! Thank you so much for an incredible time!

This hostel has character in a very cool way. It's like you're hanging out with some old and new friends. Ella and Hubert are very nice and so as the owners Naima and Marc. They place made us feel at home even though we're far away from home (California) in a cold snowy Montreal winter. We will definitely come back on a Spring or Summer time. Merci

This is a nice hostel in a good location (Winter location is so-so, Summer would be perfect). The hostel was very clean. We never saw anyone working here and the power went out once which prevented us from entering the hostel by the keypad. Owner seemed annoyed that he had to come and fix it and was not to friendly on the phone in my opinion. We also saw a mouse in our room, but this is an old building so what can you expect. However, apart from that the hostel would be a very good time.

Best Hostel I've been at thus far.

Amazing hostel. The atmosphere was great. It allowed everyone to get to know each other. It's a small hostel but feels like home

Fantastic hostel with great staff. The reviews say this place can be rowdy and it was a bit but the staff members were really great everyday getting anything back in order that needed to be and addressing any issues. The building is one of the best I've been in and definitely for a hostel - wow. Kitchen feels clean, great group atmosphere - met some amazing people and had a great location from which to explore Montreal - I'd love to come back and would recommend to anyone!

There is no night staff after 5 p.m.

• 16th Jan 2014

Very pretty little hostel in the old town of Montreal! Definitely recommend it, only criticism would be the lack of staff presence - think it would be important for someone working at the hostel to be there 24/7 since many other guests had to be let in by other guests. Also it is not a party hostel, more relaxed and laid back.

The hostel itself was ok, but not great. I stayed at one of the 5-person rooms and there were only 2 power outlets. I noticed there used to be individual power outlets on each bed, but those were gone. Staff also was a bit confused when I asked for suggestions of things to see/do. But overall was an ok place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3