La Maison du Patriote Reviews

169, St-Paul Est, Montreal, Montreal, Canada

Very conveniently located, hospitable staff and good atmosphere. Would highly recommend!

• 12th Oct 2014

綺麗、雰囲気良い、スタッフ不在の時間あり

Possibly one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

• 10th Oct 2014

Perfect location in historical area lovely owner and staff...would come back again for sure!

Love love love this hostel!!!! Stayed in a private room and did not regret it!

Stayed in the large dorm room which guests in the smaller rooms had to walk through to get to their rooms meaning a lot of people coming and going, not great for sleep

Street noise was awful, constant traffic could even hear people talking on the street. Had to sleep with headphones in. Other than having to climb 3 sets of stairs to reach reception it was a good stay. Located in old montreal, was a nice and safe location. Semi friendly staff and amenities were ok.

Bed bugs in boys' dorm. So for all the positive things I would have had to say, bed bugs is simply a disqualifying factor. People who are willing to accept bed bugs in return for a warm and friendly atmosphere and good location should by all means stay here. I personally will stay another place next time I visit Montréal, since it's not part of my holiday plans to have to spend more than a day after getting home disinfecting bags and inventory.

Bed bugs are one of the most serious pest problems facing the hospitality industry and we take that very seriously. We used the latest and most powerfull treatment not only in the boys dorm, but everywhere in the hostel just to be sure we won't have any bed bugs again. We have regular inspections and preventions treatment. We are sorry for all the troubles that this has caused you.

I could not be more pleased with my stay. The hostel was occupied by a variety of creative travelers and the facility is a safe and secure environment in a superb location in Old Montreal. When I visit beautiful Montreal again there is no question that I will stay at La Maison du Patriote. Highly recommended.

Great place. It's very self-managed as there is no night staff, but they have a good system of leaving information for night arrivals. You get your own code for the door which works through the day you check out, so you can return for luggage/etc. Location couldn't be better and the value for a private room was awesome! I didn't have a problem with street noise, but if you're very sensitive you might. The dorms on the upper floor seemed quiet and privacy curtains are the nice touch!

In general it was a good place to stay. Though the toilets were an issue 'cause there weren't enough for the people.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Chile

The hostel decor was so unique and ecclectic! The staff was SUPER friendly and made you feel right at home. I stayed in the 22 person dorm and it's set up in a way that gives you lots of privacy. Beds are sectioned off into groups of 3/4 so it really doesn't feel like you're sharing a room with so many people. Very clean (no shoes allowed upstairs!) . Located in Old Montreal which is very scenic and european-like. would definitely stay here again!

Security to the building was excellent. Security within, not so much. I had the 6 bed female dorm and there was no lock on the door/keys given. The whole point I booked the 6 bed instead of 22 bed was for the security of less people being in the room. Kind of defeating this purpose if theres no lock on the door. Location is good for Old Town and Chinatown but pretty bad for Rue Saint Catherine. Not sure if the top floor/dorm level is fire safe given so many people in such a small space.

Absolutely loved my stay here. Homey feel, inspiring writing on the walls, musical instruments, really helpful, laid back (and beautiful!) staff.. Only thing I would comment on would be the showers.. very minor thing really but I remember a few others commenting on the push button being quite annoying. Also maybe a draining mat of some kind would be useful for when you get out.. so you don't have to stand in a pool of somebody elses water while you dry yourself.

The no-shoes rule is a nice idea but not worthwhile, as the first thing you notice on entering the property is the smell of feet from the shoes.

I loved this hostel!

• 20th Aug 2014

Just be aware that the hostel staff will not be there 24-7, if you're fine with that then it's a perfect place to stay! Lovely rooms, cozy, great neighborhood, very friendly and helpful staff.

• 18th Aug 2014

Very good location, nice kitchen, lounge, and price!

Good: The atmosphere. The common areas are really good, and there's a good variety of people; it's easy to meet people to do things with. The location is killer. Staff are helpful. Bad: The girls' dorm AC is right over someone's bed so they have control. Uneven - some beds/bedding were decent, some had lights, others not. Only two toilets and they're downstairs. No sound protection. No staff most of the time - I never even got formally checked in, they charged my hostelworld credit card!

La Maison du Patriote was a super cozy place right in Old Montreal. I loved my stay. The small size of the hostel forces you to meet the others in the hostel. The staff isn't there at night, so you have to rely on the others staying in the hostel to help you out, unless you ask during the daytime. I would definitely stay there again.

• 16th Aug 2014