La Maison du Patriote Reviews

169, St-Paul Est, Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Good hostel! The kitchen and the lounge room are very cosy and homely, albeit small. The top floor is a massive bedroom, slightly open, with partial curtains. It can be quite noisy. Nice hostel though.

This was my first time at a hostel and it was an AMAZING experience. The people are friendly and extremely generous, the place is decorated beautifully, the facilities were cleaned every day, and the general environment was very warm. I was there for New Year's Eve and they hosted a party with free drinks for all its guests. Truly a place that cares about the people who live there. I'm definitely returning here whenever I go to Montreal and recommending it to all my friends.

• 30th Dec 2013

Fantastic staff, so nice and welcoming and willing to help. Atmosphere was good. Very clean and cute hostel. I had some money stolen but otherwise it felt safe and comfortable.

• 30th Dec 2013

The cleanest hostel I've ever been to by far, great job.

Excellent place to stay in Montreal. The only problem is the location and number of washrooms for those who stay in the dorms.

I had such a great time staying here! The staff was really friendly and super helpful. You can always ask for suggestions of cool bars or places you should check out and they'll be more than willing to give you all the info they have. They're also really cool people if you get a chance to chat with them. The atmosphere of the hostel is really chill and pleasant. I always looked forward to coming back there after a day in the city.

• 29th Dec 2013

Only stayed for one night but my friend and I had a blast! Such a cute little 'village' type area, very good location!

• 29th Dec 2013

Very highly rated but not over-rated hostel. Small but clean, very welcoming atmosphere, friendly staff. Nice little kitchen. Small touches like the privacy curtains and valuables shelf on the dorm beds really go a long way. Close to the river and the nice older part of town. Highly recommended.

The staff was really nice, I should got there the day before, but I missed the train, but he didn't complain and treated me quite friendly without charging me. I didn't ask him for help but he forwardly gave me some suggestions of traveling in Quebec city. Thanks for his suggestions, I chose a right hostel which pleased me very much, and also went to a fantastic attraction that I didn't plan to go. Next time I go there, I am sure I will live there again.

• 17th Dec 2013
  • China

I have stayed at a lot of hostels in many different countries, and this ranks right up there with the best. The staff were so friendly and had great recommendations for food and things to do. The kitchen and the living room were lovely and clean. I had a hard time tearing myself away from the guitar and cup of tea (both provided for guests!) in order to explore the city! I would stay here again in a heartbeat and I've already recommended it to a few friends who are considering making the trip.

• 7th Dec 2013

The most fun I have had in a hostel thus far. The hostel itself is absolutely adorable, I already miss it! The staff are super funny and sweet. Bathrooms/showers/and free washer and dryer all in wonderful and clean conditions. I made the most friends in this hostel, everyone is very friendly and easy going.

Very lovely hostel and friendly, thank you Eve! the location is good, near by all major spots, so It is a little bit hard to find at first time. It is more like family hostel made everything by their own with good price. Like girls' room. Little warming: Watch your head!

• 30th Nov 2013
  • China

Really enjoyed my stay. La Maison Du Patriote is my favourite hostel I've stayed at. It's located in such a scenic and beautiful region of Montreal and if architecture's your thing it's a very cool old building. I stayed in a 4 person room but if knew, I would've stayed in the larger (16 person I think?) room. It's not as open and public as you'd expect. Excellent kitchen and common room. There are also laptops and laundry facilities free to use which were great.

The only thing we didn't like was the smokiness and noise in our room (the deluxe queen) on Saturday night. I know the hostel can't do anything about the noise, but it might be nice if they added a air filter for the room for Saturday and I assume Friday nights.

• 16th Nov 2013

I loved the hostel, you feel really comfortable there as soon as you enter, and the location is great. The owner is not the most friendly woman but you almost don't see her and the staff is otherwise young, always available and absolutely great !

I had thd most amazing time at this hostel. The staff is extremely nice and the location couldn't be better!

I loved this hostel but there is no night staff... no one to tell all the drunk people not to play drums at 2 am. It's a great place to stay but not to sleep. The private room we were in was between the kitchen and common room. With the paper-thin walls we could hear every word spoken. Not that it mattered because people were screaming until 3 am.

• 9th Nov 2013

Can't complain. Super clean and it is very close to all attractions. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. I woold definitely stay there again for the third time. Kudos!

• 8th Nov 2013

Very noisy inside

An awesome hostel, where you can meet awesome people in a good atmosphere. The living room is welcoming with guitar, synth, books, chess... free of access and people always up to have a talk, order tapas or drink a beer...! Thanks for the weekend, expect to see me again!

• 1st Nov 2013