La Maison du Patriote Reviews

169, St-Paul Est, Montreal, Montreal, Canada

We had the private rooms and the staff were super friendly. Decor was a surprise! They had a list of activities around the city, and we location was in the heart of old montreal and close to subway stations. Only down fall was the water pressure in the showers.

• 27th Dec 2014

This was my first hostel experience and it was great! I visited Montreal and Quebec City as a solo traveler (first time for that and out of the country) so I am glad everything went well! I expected more up beat, talkative, want to hang out crowd. did meet a gentleman by the name of James (I think, from Australia) and he was really nice! I would return!

• 26th Dec 2014

The Hostel was very nice! Nice people and it's cute!Location excellent, in the old part of Montreal and very close to the other things and the metro. :-)

An amaaazing place in the centre of Montreal! It has everything, for a very low price. Cutely decorated and kept with love. They use chalk on their walls! =P

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Latvia

The hostel itself is located in heart of downtown area so you would be able to reach any places easily. The kitchen and the living room they have is pretty lovely and in most of the cases they are filled with people which is a good thing if you are down for chill. Great memories and overall it's clean and tidy! (you can even do free laundry there if necessary )

lovely place. A bit crowded but I love the people here.

Good location in the heart of old town, great staff - very laid back, great atmosphere. Only two toilets and three showers for quite a number of people, but generally it wasn't an issue. Overall I was happy with my experience there.

This place is great to stay. Excellent price and is a hostel with actual character, not just another soulless dwelling with a bed. I know I'll be staying again because I've already booked, ha!

Check-in and out was very smooth. Water is never hot, other guests seemed oblivious of Host Hostel requests for quiet and cleanliness, also seems to have a bed bug problem. Other than that, staff were all very pleasant, and helpful, (refused tip!) Security cameras for all main rooms. Floors are very old and creaky everything on second level so you need to be able to climb stairs. (that fits with its designation as youth hostel, but hard for people with mobility issues). Couple of nice freebies.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

La Masion du Patriote is a backpacker's dream come true. It's a cozy, homey hostel located in the heart of Old Montreal. It offers impeccably clean facilities, funky decor, friendly and helpful staff and free wifi all for less than $20 per night! it's also located in the centre of one of the most beautiful neighbourhoods in the city and is a five minute walk away from the metro Champ de Mars.

Easily one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The staff are great, the location is good, the price is super affordable and the place is very charming, cozy and friendly. Please note that the "22 bed dorm" has little sections separated by curtains so you have much more privacy than you would think. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Montreal.

This is a lovely, unique and colourful little hostel in the heart of Old Montreal. I had a very pleasant stay here and would be happy to recommend it to anybody.

this was my best hostel experience so far. This is not a hostel, it is a home. If I ever visit Montreal again, this is the place I will stay. Thank you.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Turkey

Absolutely amazing ! Thanks for everything ! The ambiance was incredible

Tiene una excelente ubicación, pero no hay personal que te asesore, no puedes descansar en toda la noche, porque son pisos de madera y se escucha todo, además de que como no hay personal cuidando, los inquilinos no cumplen con las reglas establecidas y meten bebidas alcohólicas y tienen un escándalo a altas horas de la noche. Solo hay 3 regaderas y dos baños para todo el hostal, y solo en una de las regaderas puedes bañarte bien, debido a que las otras dos son muy incomodas. No incluye desayuno

This place is fabulous. The best part was coming home after a day of exploring and feeling like you were coming home to your own apartment (meaning, very homey). All of the people who pass through seem to be legit, lots of backpackers. I slept in the big dorm and the curtains around each bunk bed were awesome. For the price (of the big dorm), couldn't be any better. If you want more privacy, book the smaller room. Good location in old Montreal but still have to walk a bit to most sights.

This place is amazing. I extended my stay in Montreal solely because of the people and atmosphere La Maison provides. The staff were all super friendly, live music was constantly emitted from the living room and such beautiful people stayed there. I will definitely be back and have nothing bad to say about my visit - other than I was sad to leave. The location and access to amenities can't be beat. I'm not experienced in the hostel realm but I must say this one was superb :) -Kiyomi from Vic

• 16th Nov 2014

I stayed in the 22-person dorm and was surprised at the level of privacy considering the circumstances. The people staying there were all really nice and social. I didn't get a change to meet any of the staff, bet it seem like they've got a well oiled machine on their hands.

• 14th Nov 2014

I had a lovely time and met interesting people at the hostel. The atmosphere was conducive to great conversations. Historic building and neighbourhood was lovely.

• 13th Nov 2014

The facilities were incredibly clean and well cared for. The mixed dorm has long curtains around each of the bunk beds, adding a fort-like, serene touch. I had a truly comfortable and peaceful experience there.

• 12th Nov 2014