La Maison du Patriote Reviews

169, St-Paul Est, Montreal, Montreal, Canada

This is a good spot. I noticed this time I can't really stay in hostels anymore. I am too old. I can afford a hotel.

• 5th Jun 2014

Great place ! Very atypique and particular. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The beds are comfortable. Kitchen is cute. The showers are working fine. Very nice hostel! And super location !!!!

Without a doubt one of the best hostels I've stayed at. It was so easy to meet people, the facilities were great, and it really felt like home. I would recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Montreal.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Eve and all staff at La Maison made me feel like I was home, making it very easy to get used to and without a doubt my go to place in Montreal. The location is central old Montreal right by the water. The building itself is woven into the local tapestry and the layout makes you feel right at home right away. Musical instruments in the living space, kitchen, all in all very happy to have found such a place look forward to the next time.

• 31st May 2014
  • Ecuador

I read some reviews prior to staying which brought up the limited shower situation. They have 2 open now with a 3rd in progress. I did not have to wait. I think if you grew up in a moderately-sized family you won't have a problem with it and it might even be an improvement since there are plenty of sinks available. Not the easiest thing to find. Look for the Montreal Poutine restaurant which stands out a bit more.

• 30th May 2014

The owners were never there, except when the building next door caught on fire; when that happened, the owners worked to get us back into the hostel as soon as possible, and we were very appreciative. It's on a loud, busy pedestrian street, but that's my only complaint, since we wanted to sleep at night. But that's not the building's fault. We might stay here again, if we want to party, but otherwise we'll find somewhere quieter.

Only stayed for a night while traveling through Montreal (late arrival by bus, early departure by plane), but the hostel seemed to create a nice atmosphere around kitchen and common areas. Facilities included a music jam room (guitars, keyboard, drums) which looked fun - unfortunately, no time to join in. Security (w/ locked entrance), location (@ old port), and cleanliness (shoe-free main areas) were fantastic. Did not meet staff who was unavailable at night (w/ children at home). Good hostel!

This is a nice place, one of the best hostels I've been. The large dorm can be a bit noisy but the overall impression was very good.

• 24th May 2014

Will stay here again. Location is excellent. We stayed here before the busy tourist season started, so the place was quiet and comfortable. Not sure how it'll be in the middle of tourist season though.

• 21st May 2014

More a house then a hostel! I lived there for 4 nights together with other travelers. There's al the facilities of your own house and a lot of travel information written on the walls. Also for other questions almost every day the owners are there or you can call them with the telephone in the living room. Clean!

Really enjoyed my stay at this hostel! The atmosphere was incredibly welcoming and it felt like i was coming home every time i returned to the hostel. I've never stayed at a hostel with such a warm, comfortable atmosphere before!

• 12th May 2014

It's really nice!

• 7th May 2014
  • Taiwan

Prices were unclear and I felt I was overcharged and provided with no receipt.

• 3rd May 2014

It wasn't my kind of hostel. Only two bathrooms and one shower (the second shower was being renovated) for like 50 people. The toilets were downstairs and the beds upstairs. The girls dorm didn't have a lock on the door. The lockers were tiny and the beds all so close together that everyone's stuff was all over the floor, there was very little space! Cool atmosphere but I felt like I was on school camp with no teachers, it was quite chaotic! (Easter weekend so very busy)

• 22nd Apr 2014

Nice hostel with all the necessities, great location in old montreal, close to trains stations making it easy to get around Montreal.

• 20th Apr 2014

A little home away from home in Old Montreal :) Great location among plenty of shops and cafes. Reasonable walking distance to the Metro station. The lounge room was a great space to chill out and meet other traveling folks. Fully equipped, clean kitchen to prepare your own meals. The dorms were well spaced with curtains around the bunks for privacy. Free small lockers were handy Super friendly receptionist! They only had one shower in operation during our visit but we managed to make do.

Excellent location, the hostel is really charming perfect for short stays.

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay but were upset when we arrived and their was only one shower for everything in the hostel to use. but they are doing renovations on the showers and i am sure they will be top notch by the time summer comes.

It was absolutely fantastic I can't wait to stay again!

• 11th Apr 2014

Lovely decoration and atmosphere. Downside was only 1 shower and no staff on duty