La Maison du Patriote Reviews

169, St-Paul Est, Montreal, Montreal, Canada

This place is fabulous. The best part was coming home after a day of exploring and feeling like you were coming home to your own apartment (meaning, very homey). All of the people who pass through seem to be legit, lots of backpackers. I slept in the big dorm and the curtains around each bunk bed were awesome. For the price (of the big dorm), couldn't be any better. If you want more privacy, book the smaller room. Good location in old Montreal but still have to walk a bit to most sights.

This place is amazing. I extended my stay in Montreal solely because of the people and atmosphere La Maison provides. The staff were all super friendly, live music was constantly emitted from the living room and such beautiful people stayed there. I will definitely be back and have nothing bad to say about my visit - other than I was sad to leave. The location and access to amenities can't be beat. I'm not experienced in the hostel realm but I must say this one was superb :) -Kiyomi from Vic

• 16th Nov 2014

I stayed in the 22-person dorm and was surprised at the level of privacy considering the circumstances. The people staying there were all really nice and social. I didn't get a change to meet any of the staff, bet it seem like they've got a well oiled machine on their hands.

• 14th Nov 2014

I had a lovely time and met interesting people at the hostel. The atmosphere was conducive to great conversations. Historic building and neighbourhood was lovely.

• 13th Nov 2014

The facilities were incredibly clean and well cared for. The mixed dorm has long curtains around each of the bunk beds, adding a fort-like, serene touch. I had a truly comfortable and peaceful experience there.

• 12th Nov 2014

Really nice hostel! lots of instruments to jam with people and have a good time, so far one of the best hostels I've been.

I have been astonished by the quality of the place in such a central area of Montreal. Staff was also so great. Many thanks to give us the opportunity to have a very affordable housing, with this quality. Hervé

• 2nd Nov 2014