La Maison du Patriote Reviews

169, St-Paul Est, Montreal, Montreal, Canada

Will stay here again. Location is excellent. We stayed here before the busy tourist season started, so the place was quiet and comfortable. Not sure how it'll be in the middle of tourist season though.

• 21st May 2014

More a house then a hostel! I lived there for 4 nights together with other travelers. There's al the facilities of your own house and a lot of travel information written on the walls. Also for other questions almost every day the owners are there or you can call them with the telephone in the living room. Clean!

Really enjoyed my stay at this hostel! The atmosphere was incredibly welcoming and it felt like i was coming home every time i returned to the hostel. I've never stayed at a hostel with such a warm, comfortable atmosphere before!

• 12th May 2014

It's really nice!

• 7th May 2014
  • Taiwan

Prices were unclear and I felt I was overcharged and provided with no receipt.

• 3rd May 2014

It wasn't my kind of hostel. Only two bathrooms and one shower (the second shower was being renovated) for like 50 people. The toilets were downstairs and the beds upstairs. The girls dorm didn't have a lock on the door. The lockers were tiny and the beds all so close together that everyone's stuff was all over the floor, there was very little space! Cool atmosphere but I felt like I was on school camp with no teachers, it was quite chaotic! (Easter weekend so very busy)

• 22nd Apr 2014

Nice hostel with all the necessities, great location in old montreal, close to trains stations making it easy to get around Montreal.

• 20th Apr 2014

A little home away from home in Old Montreal :) Great location among plenty of shops and cafes. Reasonable walking distance to the Metro station. The lounge room was a great space to chill out and meet other traveling folks. Fully equipped, clean kitchen to prepare your own meals. The dorms were well spaced with curtains around the bunks for privacy. Free small lockers were handy Super friendly receptionist! They only had one shower in operation during our visit but we managed to make do.

Excellent location, the hostel is really charming perfect for short stays.

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay but were upset when we arrived and their was only one shower for everything in the hostel to use. but they are doing renovations on the showers and i am sure they will be top notch by the time summer comes.

It was absolutely fantastic I can't wait to stay again!

• 11th Apr 2014

Lovely decoration and atmosphere. Downside was only 1 shower and no staff on duty

The hostel was in a great location and had a really relaxed and friendly atmosphere. It was a great way to meet new people. It was also close to the bus that goes to and from the airport.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Wales

Loved it! I would highly recommend this hostel. Very nice staff and beautiful building!

• 30th Mar 2014

Really enjoyed my time here, met lots of cool people and all the staff were very friendly and always happy to help.

• 26th Mar 2014

Had an absolutely incredible time- nothing could be better! Thank you!

• 22nd Mar 2014

An absolutely incredible hostel experience, the best place I could imagine to stay in Montreal!

• 21st Mar 2014

La Maison du Patriote felt a bit like home, a bit like camp, a bit like a train, and a bit like something I saw in a movie once. The kitchen was clearly the hub of the hostel: warm, welcoming, and very homey. We took several of the suggestions for dining out and things to do written on the boards and walls. Everything made sense and was logically provided.

• 11th Mar 2014

Beautiful hostel in an incredible location! Really homely and super cool decor!

The walls between the rooms are like a thin paper and at weekend-nights the outer ones too.

1 2 3 Next » last »