La Maison du Patriote Reviews

169, St-Paul Est, Montreal, Montreal, Canada

Possibly one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

• 10th Oct 2014

Perfect location in historical area lovely owner and staff...would come back again for sure!

Love love love this hostel!!!! Stayed in a private room and did not regret it!

Stayed in the large dorm room which guests in the smaller rooms had to walk through to get to their rooms meaning a lot of people coming and going, not great for sleep

Street noise was awful, constant traffic could even hear people talking on the street. Had to sleep with headphones in. Other than having to climb 3 sets of stairs to reach reception it was a good stay. Located in old montreal, was a nice and safe location. Semi friendly staff and amenities were ok.

Bed bugs in boys' dorm. So for all the positive things I would have had to say, bed bugs is simply a disqualifying factor. People who are willing to accept bed bugs in return for a warm and friendly atmosphere and good location should by all means stay here. I personally will stay another place next time I visit Montréal, since it's not part of my holiday plans to have to spend more than a day after getting home disinfecting bags and inventory.

Bed bugs are one of the most serious pest problems facing the hospitality industry and we take that very seriously. We used the latest and most powerfull treatment not only in the boys dorm, but everywhere in the hostel just to be sure we won't have any bed bugs again. We have regular inspections and preventions treatment. We are sorry for all the troubles that this has caused you.

I could not be more pleased with my stay. The hostel was occupied by a variety of creative travelers and the facility is a safe and secure environment in a superb location in Old Montreal. When I visit beautiful Montreal again there is no question that I will stay at La Maison du Patriote. Highly recommended.

Great place. It's very self-managed as there is no night staff, but they have a good system of leaving information for night arrivals. You get your own code for the door which works through the day you check out, so you can return for luggage/etc. Location couldn't be better and the value for a private room was awesome! I didn't have a problem with street noise, but if you're very sensitive you might. The dorms on the upper floor seemed quiet and privacy curtains are the nice touch!

1 2 3 Next » last »