La Maison du Patriote Reviews

169, St-Paul Est, Montreal, Montreal, Canada

Beautiful hostel in an incredible location! Really homely and super cool decor!

The walls between the rooms are like a thin paper and at weekend-nights the outer ones too.

I stayed here with my boyfriend and our friends; we had an amazing experience. The location's great, it's affordable,and a wonderful place to meet people from all over the world! Interestingly, there were three things I found made my stay a unique experience. If you like cooking you can make dinner in the hostels little quaint kitchen. The design and artwork is very unique; you can draw on the walls. Lastly, the living room is filled with games and instruments to play with. Home away from home

• 16th Feb 2014

Really enjoyed my stay. The small hostel provides a cozy atmosphere were you quickly meet lots of new people. The beds in the 22 bed room are arranged to create small private spaces and each bed has curtains. There is no night staff, but this was no problem (you get a key code to get in anytime). The day staff is friendly and concerned that you have a good stay. The hostel is located in the beautiful Rue St Paul, the touristic center. A variety of music instruments is provided in the lounge.

• 15th Feb 2014

The atmosphere in La Maison du Patriote was the coolest -- fun, hip, and very homey. The location was also incredible, and the staff were very friendly. I see why it was voted best small hostel in the world last year! I would highly recommend this place.

• 14th Feb 2014

The hostel was awesome!

• 14th Feb 2014

AMAZING EXPERIENCE! So homey, great value and excellent facilities, I will go back here every time i'm in Montreal for sure! Thank you so much for an incredible time!

This hostel has character in a very cool way. It's like you're hanging out with some old and new friends. Ella and Hubert are very nice and so as the owners Naima and Marc. They place made us feel at home even though we're far away from home (California) in a cold snowy Montreal winter. We will definitely come back on a Spring or Summer time. Merci

Stayed here for 3 nights this past February. It's a renovated townhouse right in the middle of Vieux Montreal. Had a private room with a window right out onto the street. Can't beat the location. The place is run very professionally- everything is discreetly done. Really a joy to return here every night. Great way to travel in style.

This is a nice hostel in a good location (Winter location is so-so, Summer would be perfect). The hostel was very clean. We never saw anyone working here and the power went out once which prevented us from entering the hostel by the keypad. Owner seemed annoyed that he had to come and fix it and was not to friendly on the phone in my opinion. We also saw a mouse in our room, but this is an old building so what can you expect. However, apart from that the hostel would be a very good time.

Best Hostel I've been at thus far.

1 2 3 Next » last »