La Maison du Patriote Reviews

169, St-Paul Est, Montreal, Montreal, Canada

I will definately be back!

• 29th Jun 2014

Too few toilets for the number of guests in the house.

Best place to stay in Vieux Montreal. Comfortable, secure, easy access at all times. Dorm room is well arranged with curtains around each bunk, makes it feel quite private. Excellent value for money. You need a place to stay in the heart of the heart of Montreal- this is it!

This is the place to stay if you want to be in the center of Old Montréal. It is safe, clean, and within easy walking distance of everything. We parked our car in the underground multilevel parking garage at the intersection of Rue du Champ de Mars and Gosford, 3 blocks away. $37 Canadian for 4 days.

• 21st Jun 2014

I had a very good week

• 18th Jun 2014

Great location. Room was small and a bit noisy because of the street-front on the weekend, but serviceable. Loved the idea of a communal washer and drier. Would definitely recommend you to single friends and friends without children.

• 18th Jun 2014

The hostel had a very cute vibe and was very clean. A friend and reserved a private room at a very low rate that helped make me feel safe and comfortable.

• 17th Jun 2014

Pretty simple place, but it was in a great location and very friendly atmosphere.

This is a good spot. I noticed this time I can't really stay in hostels anymore. I am too old. I can afford a hotel.

• 5th Jun 2014

Great place ! Very atypique and particular. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The beds are comfortable. Kitchen is cute. The showers are working fine. Very nice hostel! And super location !!!!

Without a doubt one of the best hostels I've stayed at. It was so easy to meet people, the facilities were great, and it really felt like home. I would recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Montreal.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Eve and all staff at La Maison made me feel like I was home, making it very easy to get used to and without a doubt my go to place in Montreal. The location is central old Montreal right by the water. The building itself is woven into the local tapestry and the layout makes you feel right at home right away. Musical instruments in the living space, kitchen, all in all very happy to have found such a place look forward to the next time.

• 31st May 2014
  • Ecuador

I read some reviews prior to staying which brought up the limited shower situation. They have 2 open now with a 3rd in progress. I did not have to wait. I think if you grew up in a moderately-sized family you won't have a problem with it and it might even be an improvement since there are plenty of sinks available. Not the easiest thing to find. Look for the Montreal Poutine restaurant which stands out a bit more.

• 30th May 2014

The owners were never there, except when the building next door caught on fire; when that happened, the owners worked to get us back into the hostel as soon as possible, and we were very appreciative. It's on a loud, busy pedestrian street, but that's my only complaint, since we wanted to sleep at night. But that's not the building's fault. We might stay here again, if we want to party, but otherwise we'll find somewhere quieter.

Only stayed for a night while traveling through Montreal (late arrival by bus, early departure by plane), but the hostel seemed to create a nice atmosphere around kitchen and common areas. Facilities included a music jam room (guitars, keyboard, drums) which looked fun - unfortunately, no time to join in. Security (w/ locked entrance), location (@ old port), and cleanliness (shoe-free main areas) were fantastic. Did not meet staff who was unavailable at night (w/ children at home). Good hostel!

This is a nice place, one of the best hostels I've been. The large dorm can be a bit noisy but the overall impression was very good.

Will stay here again. Location is excellent. We stayed here before the busy tourist season started, so the place was quiet and comfortable. Not sure how it'll be in the middle of tourist season though.

• 21st May 2014

More a house then a hostel! I lived there for 4 nights together with other travelers. There's al the facilities of your own house and a lot of travel information written on the walls. Also for other questions almost every day the owners are there or you can call them with the telephone in the living room. Clean!

Really enjoyed my stay at this hostel! The atmosphere was incredibly welcoming and it felt like i was coming home every time i returned to the hostel. I've never stayed at a hostel with such a warm, comfortable atmosphere before!

• 12th May 2014