La Mansion Hostel Reviews

1929 Rochester Circle, Los Angeles, USA

Perfect breakfast. The host is pretty nice.

The place is big, great pool, spacious rooms, and breakfast is the best i've ever seen in a hostel, variety of options. They do overbook, we stayed for four nights in a mixed room, and the first two I had two sleep in the same bed with my couple because they assigned my bed twice... never got my money back... the guy in the front desk only gave us thumbs up when the guy sleeping in my bed finally checked out..... The place is far from everywhere, even from the metro station (15 min).. =S

It was an amazing experience! The 24 hour pool and friendly staff. It was beyond what I expected. :)

The place really looks nice from the outside. And inside it has antique furniture which gives a nice look. The hostel also owns two side houses which need to be prepared to be a hostel. The beds would make a lot of noise whenever someone moved on it. The front door is always open even at night, so anybody, guests or homeless, could easily get in. The breakfast is good but they should add some kind of bread as it is part of most breakfast tables in the world. From all hostels I've been this is OK

My stay at La Mansion properties was great. Facilities were fantastic for the price, and clean. The breakfast was one of the best I've ever had, even compared to some more expensive hotels. My roommates were great, except for one guy from Russia who I learned later, after he left, that he was suspected of stealing other roommates things. I suspect he went through my bag as well, though he didn't take anything. My only suggestion would be to have lockers and locks guests can buy cheap.

• 15th Jan 2015

Our bedroom was merely a hall: anyone could pass through it. Even though we booked an ensuite, the bathroom was shared with the whole house. We were given a key but it was useless: there were three more doors that we could not lock and once we came back to find the only door we could lock carelessly open to the street.

• 11th Jan 2015

My stay was great, beds were comfortable, breakfast was excellent, and the staff is wonderfully pleasant.

• 2nd Jan 2015

I really recomend this hostel, they have really confortable beds and a great breakfast! and the people who work there are really nice and helpful.

• 30th Dec 2014

La Mansion was an excellent choice! I really had a good time there! The place is beautiful, organized and its staff is incredibly kind! The breakfast was very good too. I highly recommend La Mansion Hostel!

Inefficient check-in that takes an hour; mess in room and bed allocation; extra beds and mattresses in rooms and halls; slow and inadequate supply of breakfast; ifi that barely works; dirty bathrooms with unstable water temperature, outside of rooms; no lockers or door locks. The owner is a very nice guy with good intentions; he just doesn't know how to make this work.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • China

- There are not sufficient bathrooms in this hostel. Two main bathrooms are detached with residence house and sometimes you have to wait outside in the cold evening to take a shower. - Every morning stuff would bake bacon and sausage downstairs and make the rooms upstairs quite smelly. The smell polluted all my clothes. - The check-in process is very inefficient. I wasted at least half an hour there. - There is no locker or hair dryer in this hostel. - The manager is very nice and friendly.

I enjoyed my time here; the breakfast was great, although it was the same every day. The grounds are really nice and the decor was far above what I expected for a hostel. Lots of parking is available and I always had a quiet place to sleep. Only caveat is the lineups for the bathrooms; it's good to get in early ;)

Excellent place. I will go there again. The staff is very helpful.

This hostel has pros and cons, for sure. The location was relatively near the metro, which is a big plus, the price is reasonable, and they provide REAL breakfast in the morning---eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, etc. As to the cons: the bedroom I was placed in was not ideal for sleeping if one is a light sleeper. It had french doors leading immediately outside, and lots of light came in. Also residents of another room had to walk through this room to get to theirs, so there was noise.

• 5th Nov 2014

The main building is a actually mansion so thats pretty cool and the inside of the building is nice as well. Breackfast could change a bit more often. Cool pool and wifi works well, staff are always busy and friendly, you can organise to be picked up and droped of from the airport in a limo and its not much more expensive than the taxi so thats cool and a fun way to travel. There is lots of food places in walking distance and a supermarket also in walking distance

The absolute best place to stay. Comfy beds, great breakfast and unbeatable location (close to the train line and walking distance to food for less) the place to stay if you're in LA.ses

Staff was very very friendly and welcoming! Was the perfect last hostel before we went back home. 20 minutes to the airport, 1 hour by train to downtown.

10 mins walk from the subway, but far from everywhere else. It's an ok place, but I'm sure there are better value for money places around in LA (private double for 2x45)

The hostel was fantastic. The beds were not your regular wobbly and squeaky type but were instead sturdy and SO comfortable. The pool was fantastic, the staff were lovely, the included breakfast was AMAZING with bacon, eggs, sausages, waffles and juice

• 5th Sep 2014

There are few hostels in LA, so we ended up in this one. We had low expectatives and it turned out to be a great hostel, and the staff is just awesome, it doesn't feel like the safest place in the world, but that's LA. Even though, we had no incidents and met a lot of great people, would stay there again.

• 30th Aug 2014