La Mansion Hostel Reviews

1929 Rochester Circle, Los Angeles, USA

La mansion is only concerned about putting as much people into their run down facilities as possible. I was put into the workers dorm the first night and then moved the next day to a small strange little house across the street into a room with 3 doors. People came in at all hours of the night and very early in the morning to use the common bathroom. Do not count on having a bed. They overbook and put people on mattresses on the floor. Crazy!

• 20th Mar 2015

The hostel is far away from bus station, but anyway if you don't have a car in LA, you are on a big trouble. I was in 8 bed room. It was a mess, no lockers, everyone putting his stuff on floor. The atmosphere was just amazing, I met people from all over the world and they were all funny, partying every night

I have been to many hostels in my lifetime..... MANY, but this hostel was seriously the best one I have EVER stayed at. Free breakfast which was actually really awesome, and everyone was super cool and just wanted to have a good time. Worth every cent and I will definitely recommend this to anyone staying in the L.A area

• 17th Mar 2015

Arrived to an overbooked hostel without any available beds - and ended up sleeping on madresses in the livingroom even though we booked over two weeks before. The staff tried to be helpful, but couldn't answer any questions.. I would recommend you to stay somewhere else

Sketchiest hostel i've ever been in. It's not clear wheather people work there or that there are any rules at all. Our dorm "room" had people walk in through at all time. No locks on doors nor lockers. Most people don't get to stay in the Mansion but in the houses around it. There's nothing fancy about this place. They bought houses and put bunk beds in some of the rooms. It's just not made for that many people to stay there. The kitchen was so dirty would could hardly do anything in it.

this hostel was the best between my stay in La. Great to meet new people and find friends(I travel alone so appreciate this) the stuff was so friendly and funny. We even went out together ( great night in Hollywood with Stuart :) the place was very clean and you got your own towel and washer! Breakfast was the best. Where else do u get bacon, eggs, waffles with strawberry sauce and even more ?!?! The area looks scary at night but even walking at night by myself was alright. Great hostel!

Arrived to the hostel at approx.5pm

• 9th Mar 2015

Perfect breakfast. The host is pretty nice.

The place is big, great pool, spacious rooms, and breakfast is the best i've ever seen in a hostel, variety of options. They do overbook, we stayed for four nights in a mixed room, and the first two I had two sleep in the same bed with my couple because they assigned my bed twice... never got my money back... the guy in the front desk only gave us thumbs up when the guy sleeping in my bed finally checked out..... The place is far from everywhere, even from the metro station (15 min).. =S

It was an amazing experience! The 24 hour pool and friendly staff. It was beyond what I expected. :)

The place really looks nice from the outside. And inside it has antique furniture which gives a nice look. The hostel also owns two side houses which need to be prepared to be a hostel. The beds would make a lot of noise whenever someone moved on it. The front door is always open even at night, so anybody, guests or homeless, could easily get in. The breakfast is good but they should add some kind of bread as it is part of most breakfast tables in the world. From all hostels I've been this is OK

My stay at La Mansion properties was great. Facilities were fantastic for the price, and clean. The breakfast was one of the best I've ever had, even compared to some more expensive hotels. My roommates were great, except for one guy from Russia who I learned later, after he left, that he was suspected of stealing other roommates things. I suspect he went through my bag as well, though he didn't take anything. My only suggestion would be to have lockers and locks guests can buy cheap.

• 15th Jan 2015

Our bedroom was merely a hall: anyone could pass through it. Even though we booked an ensuite, the bathroom was shared with the whole house. We were given a key but it was useless: there were three more doors that we could not lock and once we came back to find the only door we could lock carelessly open to the street.

• 11th Jan 2015

Beautiful mansion house . However the management by all means is careless and inattentive , cleaning situation is disastrous, security inexistent, overbooking is a everyday issue, many guest were often relocated to a less appealing nearby cabin house. It is a shame that the owner, charming character, just relays on past fame and the first impression that the lobby gives. Much more could be done with a little more attention, to make this place appealable despite its unfortunate location.

My stay was great, beds were comfortable, breakfast was excellent, and the staff is wonderfully pleasant.

• 2nd Jan 2015

I really recomend this hostel, they have really confortable beds and a great breakfast! and the people who work there are really nice and helpful.

• 30th Dec 2014

La Mansion was an excellent choice! I really had a good time there! The place is beautiful, organized and its staff is incredibly kind! The breakfast was very good too. I highly recommend La Mansion Hostel!

Inefficient check-in that takes an hour; mess in room and bed allocation; extra beds and mattresses in rooms and halls; slow and inadequate supply of breakfast; ifi that barely works; dirty bathrooms with unstable water temperature, outside of rooms; no lockers or door locks. The owner is a very nice guy with good intentions; he just doesn't know how to make this work.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • China

- There are not sufficient bathrooms in this hostel. Two main bathrooms are detached with residence house and sometimes you have to wait outside in the cold evening to take a shower. - Every morning stuff would bake bacon and sausage downstairs and make the rooms upstairs quite smelly. The smell polluted all my clothes. - The check-in process is very inefficient. I wasted at least half an hour there. - There is no locker or hair dryer in this hostel. - The manager is very nice and friendly.

I enjoyed my time here; the breakfast was great, although it was the same every day. The grounds are really nice and the decor was far above what I expected for a hostel. Lots of parking is available and I always had a quiet place to sleep. Only caveat is the lineups for the bathrooms; it's good to get in early ;)