La Mansion Hostel Reviews

1929 Rochester Circle, Los Angeles, California, USA

I'm not satisfied with the treatment i got over the mansion hotel. It does not seem like a hotel or hostel, but looks like a few set of houses that they are using to raise money, to, what appears, save the houses that keep going in and off auctions. I, personally, Highly not recomend it.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean, spacious and bed was comfy! We had our own bathroom,which was clean as well. The Kitchen was okay,not very well Equipped.. They Said the Area wasnt Safe but i felt Secure. Unfortunately a Bit far from everything but ok to reach with Car. I would come back!

Very friendly place, very laid back and nice staff on hand to help you if needed. There are dogs running around, which is okay if you like dogs which we lucky do! Farly clean, except a few ants did come through my top floor bedroom window. Also a little more organisation could be recommended, we were not told breakfast was offered until one of the last few days.

Very clean hostel, a bit far out from the city but the metro is nearby. Security wasn't great because anyone could have used the patio door to walk into our room from outside. There was coffee and muffins or poptarts there in the mornings which was nice. The kitchen and bathrooms were very clean and the rooms were very spacious and fully air conditioned. Staff were lovely especially Jerome

No staff at all, very bad ambiance, a kitchen but nothing to cook (not even a forks & knives ...) ! Not very clean, unsecure location ... and don't be fooled by the pictures, you CANNOT go to that wonderful swimming pool, nor to the mansion itself ... I clearly do NOT recommend this place !!!

Just as a friendly update, as of this month (September, 2013) we have increased our staff and committed ourselves to administrative restructuring. We have also completed remodeling the mansion, and it is now much more accessible. We would like to thank you kindly for your support. It is due to customers like you that we are able to continue serving our commitment to our international community daily, and to improving our services and facilities. We greatly appreciate your honest feedback.

Convenient location. And the neighborhood was v quiet. Looked safe. :)

They charge 25 dollars late fee if you arrive after 19h. Traveling always takes more time than expected, so think over it and better spend these 25 dollars on another hostel because: after check-in our beds were not made (who's late here?), when bed was made 1,5 hours later one of the beds had used sheets on it. Hostelworld site said towels included, but we got no towels. Neighbourhood is not safe at night , no proper grocery store at walking distance. Large window in bathroom without coverin

• 5th Aug 2013

Hello, Maaske, We apologize for your unpleasant stay. Since then, we only charge the $25 fee after midnight. Also, we have increased our staff so everything is now more efficient. Our towels are available upon request and we have an information packet also available upon request which includes directions to conveniences such as the nearest grocery store as well as bus routes etc. As our community grows richer so does our neighborhood, and so do our windows. Thank you for your honest comment.

When I arrival the hostel, they told me there is not available room for me. and did not return money. Terrible!

• 3rd Aug 2013
  • China

Hello, Shibo Bian, We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to a restructuring of our systems we have had a number of refunds we could not immediately issue. They are being processed. Since we are obliged to make our rooms available to walk-in customers with emergencies, reserved rooms tend to vanish. Having restructured, now we can guarantee we will have beds available for our hostel bookers. La Mansion has become one of a unique character of hostels that will always have beds available.

My room was not unavailable at check-in and offered a 6 person room. While my reservation was for a 4 person suite, when I saw the unkept, overcrowded and smelly room I decided to go elsewhere.

hi, we apologize for any issues with your booking. We hope your stay in LA was fun. Please, consider giving us an opportunity to provide you a better experience the next time you are here. We appreciate your feedback and assure you that we are always improving.

I would book again! Actually I did it ;) I mean the reason that the staff is soooooo nice and friendly and welcoming..makes me feel well. It is close to the Metro, the room was big and clean..I slept like a Baby. If I would visit Los Angeles again, I would stay in this Hostel..for sure!

Hi, thanks for such a great review. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. Of course, we would welcome you back anytime that you are ready. Safe travels.

we stayed for 4 days and had a nice time :)

• 20th Apr 2013

i was moved a couple times to meet the needs of other residents. I was moved from the guest house to the main mansion and then to another location down the street. It was a hassle but not charged another rate. So overall it was awesome.

• 20th Mar 2013

I enjoy a lot my stay. Everything Was very Clean and confortable. I recomend tenis place.

• 3rd Mar 2013
  • Colombia

Nice Hostel, great facilities and very close to public transport

Hostel is in a kind of nowhere. It is not a safe neighborhood and no safety arrangements from hostelside. Everything is very cold and not cozy. The "common area" is closed from 8pm because it´s in the mainhouse where the owner and his family lifes. You never see someone from the staff but some strange men who pretends to be construction worker. Didn´t feel safe or comfotrtable at all.

Hello, Christiana, We apologize for the unkempt state our affairs were in then. We had just begun work and everything was in its meager beginnings. Since then we have increased our staff and thoroughly reorganized our operational systems. Certain phases are under way to this day but our rooms are much warmer, now. Honest customers like yourself have contributed to this effort. We hope that you will consider La Mansion and her network of brother and sister houses for your next visit to LA.

Excellent hostel for a very good price, it's very clean...you should have car, if not it's too far from the city center

Great place. For me it was perfect for someone just moving to LA. Great price, great people.

• 7th Dec 2012

nice place to stay although you need a car because its out of the way. staff are friendly. nice old mansion to stay in. good value for money, clean, sheets and good breakfast included.

The stuff is friendly, BUT the owner has 2 or 3 dogs and they are all in her office while she is working. Unfortunaly the office smeels and is very dirty - not a good first impression at all. We were in the smaller house on ruthelen street. 2 big houses, very nice, but the train station is approximantely 2 streets awa from that house and there are trains in the night like every 30 min. on the good side, there were alot of very nice people from all over the world :)

Pam is an excellent manager, she goes out of her way to be helpful.