La Oveja Negra Hostel Reviews

Calle Guanacaste, frente al Hotel Portofino, Tamarindo, Costa Rica

I'm the dude who got his locker ripped open by another guy whom gave a stolen passport to reception to get entry into the room....There is nothing the hostel could have done, however its not what they could have done but how they handled the situation after...and they did everything after to help me, drove me to the police station, notified the whole town to look for the guy. When i returned from San Jose they treated me like royalty while i waited for my PP. These guys are great..STAY HERE!!

• 9th Feb 2014

They put in a 6 bed dorm instead of 4 for 3 dollars more saying that they have new prices. The 4 bed dorm didn't has AC working so i stayed. When i told them there wouldn't be any information about this on hostelworld the owner only responded to me that "the guys of hostelworld" wouldn't know his place. I also had to argue with them about getting back my online deposit already payed by card. Bathroom dirty, worst mattress on my trip in CA. A guy lost his passport when a guest opened his locker.