La Palapa Ecolodge Resort Reviews

Quepos, Portalon, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

We really enjoyed our stay at La Palapa. Cristina & Manuel are lovely hosts. The grounds of the resort are breathtaking & rooms are spacious & clean. Please note: in order to get to border towns (Manuel Antonio/Dominical) you have to take the local bus or a taxi. It is simple enough to take the bus but something people need to be aware of. Also note, there are only a couple convenience stores near the resort & no cash machines so make sure you come prepared.

This place is horrendous! I have never in my life encountered such rude management and such a poorly run facility. Cons: in the middle of nowhere which is not advertised very well. If you are going to manuel antonio you are looking at a 45 minute drive one way min. They charge you $20 if you want to walk to their waterfall, they have a filthy pool, no common area for guests and a set of ridiculous rules. We met three couples there all three hated it. Don't give these people your money!!

• 7th Feb 2014

Our stay at La Palapa was fantastic. Our hosts were warm and inviting, the room was clean, spacious, and fresh flowers greeted us when we arrived. On a special note, I had the best meal of my visit to Costa Rica right at the Lodge. I can't recommend La Palapa enough with it's proximity to the Manuel Santonio national park, gorgeous grounds, and just lovely hosts.

• 25th Sep 2013