La Pescheria Backpackers Reviews

San Polo 1699, (calle dei Boteri), Venice, Italy

Great location. Rooms and bathroom at the second floor look better and cleaner than the first floor ones. We've got a noisy room with a smelly carpet. Reasonable bed, but maybe the place have bedbugs (still not secure about it). Nice staff. For one night in Venice is ok.

This place was fantastic! Great location, free of bugs and mosquitoes (but I was there in November). Staff was friendly and helpful enough, nothing special. Room was comfortable and clean and the bathrooms were great. Wifi only worked in common room area. No kitchen or anything. But perfect stay for my time in Venice. Highly recommend it!

overall pleased with this hostel

no service, no personal the most time, to expensive

• 26th Oct 2014

No complaints what so ever, not the best place ever but most certainly pleasant.

I had an amazing time on my weekend get away in Venice. The location was perfect. You are right in the middle of everything. The staff was extreamly helpful and informative which is important if you're new to Venice. I am going back for sure

• 23rd Oct 2014

Very handy location and clean, tidy rooms. Kitchen facilities are not really of use to make meals, but make sure you ask for your breakfast token for the bar next door, great way to start a bust day with a coffee and a croissant.

The worst staff I've experienced in 5 months of backpacking. The owner swore at me for asking him for help, and told me to go home but refused to give me back my money. The facilities were run down, kitchen was broken and you could only use it after 6pm. If you want to enjoy Venice, avoid this hostel.

You never Checked in!! you pretended to cancel your reservation in the same day without any charge!!! try to immagine if you arrive here and we have no bed for!!! how it will be your reaction??

Location is terrific. Very convenient for most of the city. No elevators are kind of a bummer, as arevery few bathrooms and showers, though. No screens on windows and no air conditioning. I got eaten alive by mosquitoes, kind of ruined my last day there.

• 17th Oct 2014

A group of 6 girls stayed at this hostel and I can guarantee none of us will ever stay there again. Not only was it hard to find, the signage was so small that we weren't sure we were in the right place. The rooms weren't clean, the blankets had hair woven in from past guests and the shower areas were dirty. In my opinion, we paid too much money to stay in a place like that. Thankfully we only stayed for one night.

• 14th Oct 2014

The only thing this place really has going for them is the location. That's probably why they're super expensive despite being the cheapest hostel actually in Venice. Nothing else was really great about this place. Staff was rude (one guy was helpful), bathrooms smelled horrible, and the wifi only works in one small room

For the price was good. Compared to the other options in Venice. The bathroom was clean ans also the sheets. Is not the best place for making friends if f travelling alone. Theres no comum area apart from the living room for internet. Not a hostel atmosphere, more like a hotel. But Id come back and reccomend.

Staff were rude when we arrived early and surprised that we wanted to leave bags which were then left in the corridor. No luggage room and limited security. No common room apart from a corridor to access WiFi so no atmosphere. Breakfast was a coffee and pastry from the café next to the hostel both hostel staff and café staff weren't too happy when we tried to get breakfast at 10 when we were told we could get it till 10.30. Bathroom was clean but dimly light with exposed wires - unsafe?

Can't beat this spot for the price in Venice! Was great for proximity to the market and easy to get to... as easy as just about anything is to get to in Venice that is. Our room was alittle bit noisy and had lots of mosquitoes but I don't know that that can be avoided in Venice without a big price tag. We were very happy with our stay there because it allowed us to stay in the city to experience fewer tourists at a better price. People were very nice and quite helpful.

• 22nd Sep 2014

The hostel was very clean and in a great central location for the main sights in Venice.

wqs great but reception lady is a little unhelpful. but have a kitchen and realy close. Nice facilities and rooms have awsome street view.

Hostel staff are unfriendly and not willing to help. No air conditioning be careful you might get bite by mosquitos. But it central location

A great location to explore Venice by stepping out the front door. The hostel itself doesn't have a great communal area to meet new people, but spacious rooms and clean bathrooms. Nice and cheap for the location especially in the summer months.

Nice staff but sometimes a bit confused. Great location. Facilities were good but the bed frames were missing multiple screws and broke on a couple of occasions. Lacking good common rooms to create a social atmosphere.

Location was great but hard to make up for the many negatives we encountered in our short stay here. Our lock on our door did not lock and nothing was done about this. The hostel lists air conditioning as a feature what they lack to mention is that you can use it for 1 hour a day and not at night. Staff were not very accommodating

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts