La Pescheria Backpackers Reviews

San Polo 1699, (calle dei Boteri), Venice, Italy

Only spent a total of 7 hours in the hostel to sleep.. Not much more to do, but what can I say? It's Venice. Who wants to be hanging out in a hostel anyway? It fit the bill, especially compared to hotels or other hostels without the great location. Free cafe and croissant breakfast from the neighboring cafe doesn't hurt either.

DO NOT STAY HERE. This was the worst hostel experience. The staff entered our room after we had left and locked it for the day and trespassed throughout our room. The problems began when we checked in. We were given the wrong room, and the room we were given was trespassed by a staff member. Our fan was stolen, which was a problem because of the trespass and because the AC was broken. When we brought it to their attention, the staff smiled, did not apologize, and did not care. Unsafe place.

Barely slept due to a snoring roomate, but a fine stay overall. I wish they had lockers to put your stuff in, however. I had to leave my pack in the middle of the reception area while I was traveling all day.

We went here in June and it was a sauna! So hot we did not sleep all night. The staff seemed extremely unprofessional. Would not recommend this hostel. Only good things were location and the wifi

We found it hard to find however had we read the directions properly it would have been easier. ASK FOR DIRECTIONS! The hostel is nice if your looking for a bed for the night we had clean sheets and it was comfy. Room was hot, had a fan until the 2nd night when they took it the next morning and left AC off. Stove/Oven were broken. Fridge worked, bathrooms were cleaned before we got there but not again during our stay Location was fantastic, We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go!

The owner was pretty weird & there were no bath mats in the bathroom so the floor was disgusting. No air conditioning at all in the whole building & the wifi only worked in the designated "common" room. Great location, right next to the water bus stop & the Rialto Bridge.

Great location, otherwise terrible hostel. Doesn't seem like any effort is put into this place at all, provides the bare minimum in pretty much every sense.

Great location, right by the Realto Mercato. Very communal atmosphere with everyone hanging out. Fresh herbs on the patio to cook with. Feels very dirty. Some broken beds. We didn't have top sheets in our room. Some rooms didn't lock. No place to put your things... Forget about lockers. I'm a woman traveling alone, and the guy at the reception asked me if I'd like him to come sleep with me so I wouldn't be lonely. He also added another girl on FB. This place could be awesome, but needs WORK.

Basic hostel. A place to sleep, but not much more. No hot water on main level, have to go upstairs for a warm shower. Location was excellent. Felt safe and secure.

Solid location, walking everywhere is easy. Right next to the Rialto bridge so it's easy to locate. I'd stay again.

Solid location يا اير

Great location

We really liked the location and the athmosphere. Unfortunately we didn't get fitting bedding covers and the room seemed not to be cleaned shortly. In addition, the restrooms were not cleaned regularly and we were missing pegs. All in all, we enjoyed our stay and were happy to find a not overpriced hostel.

• 1st Apr 2015

I would never choice this place again. Dirty and smelly dormitory. Screaming guest outside at the balcony (party all night).

If you arrive at night it is an issue to get an answer from the reception to get in. Te rooms are confortable but the sheets may not be enough. This place totally worth it to just get a place to sleep. Also they have good internet connection.

It took me 2 hours to find it. I consumed 30% of my battery for GPS. The receptionist wasn't there most of the time and no wifi in the room. What was nice that we were only 2 in the floor so, we had everything for ourselves. Toilets were nice and clean, was somehow cold at night but the worst is the location.

I went in the slow season when there wasn't a lot of people and it is winter they never put the heat on I slept in my coat

La Pescheria Backpackers has the potential to be a gem in the heart of the city, but it is far from it. When I got there the guy at the front basically just took my money and didn't tell me anything about the place or tips for anything in Venice. I had to ask . The rooms were pretty run down, broken cupboards and such. My pillow had hair all over it , the sheets seemed like they were cleaned but still had hair all over them. Felt really uncomfortable here .

The only good think of the hostel is its location, although the beds are confortable the place is not renovated inside, smell of humidity inside is terrible and the fact that I went on winter and they didnt turned on the heaters was terrible. Personal not to interested in helping, although it was only one guy.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Colombia

My holiday in Venice was horrible because the hostel was horrible. When i arrived, nobody was in the lobby.In the night after 10 PM the internet was off. we couldn't access anymore. I ask for help but the boy from the lobby, doesn't care about this. No toilet pape in the bathroom.Te kitchen was close with the key after 10 pm. i arrived at 10 :00 and was close. i ate my food with my hand, no forks, nothing. when it was open we did'n t find matches to open the gas stove.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Romania

Location was perfect. Quiet area and everything is an easy walk in venice. Beds and showers were nice and clean and the rooms were very nice with lofted ceilings. The atmosphere was lacking a little but I think that mostly depends on the other guests present. Kitchen on my floor did not have a stove but had a fridge. Could not leave my bag after check out because staff was busy at other jobs.. so check out at 11am and had to walk around Venice with my big bag until my train departure :/

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts