La Pescheria Backpackers Reviews

San Polo 1699, (calle dei Boteri), Venice, Italy

Very basic hostel in a great location.

LOCATION wins everything (except COLD during night)

Excellent location which is the main thing, however the room smelt like dampness and we got bedbug bites!

From what I had read about this place, I wasn't really sure what to expect. However, it wasn't as bad as most had written about, the one toilet didn't work the whole time I was there, but the hostel was pretty quiet as I stayed there mid week. I lucked out and met some incredible people here. The staff were alright, though rarely around. Very old building. But for the price you really can't beat the location. It was an average hostel. Heads up, they only take cash and wifi only works in one room

it was hard to find. i love grungy places but this place was so bad. it had nothing a hostel usually offers. pricy and sucked

In short: Place to avoid. Very disappointing

The door on one bathroom did not close so there was only one available. That's why there was a line for the bathroom.

• 10th Oct 2015
  • Guatemala

the only thing i didn't like was no locker to put your luggage. The rest was great

the staff very friendly and always happy to help tourists ! thanks

Stayed for 3 nights and loved the location. Really basic when it comes to amenities and facilities but has everything you need. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location is definitely the highlight of this place because unlike the main Venice hostel, you don't need to take the Vaporetto to get to the main islands.

I would recommend this place. I can confirm other reviews that staff is not very friendly nor helpful, rooms are not very spacious, the kitchen might not be great and bathrooms are too few for peak hours. It is also true that staff intrudes the room during the day - they do that for a quite thorough cleaning! The place is in a great location and the house has its charms. You won'f find anything better for that price in Venice.

It's a very clean hostel and the staff are nice. But for a solo traveller it doesn't have the best atmosphere to meet people. There is also no safe and locker. I was a bit worried about my stuff while staying there. The location is great though.

This place was below average for me. The room was okay but the bathroom was disgusting - we even saw a cockroach. To be fair we didn't expect much given the price and we only booked the day before. It certainly didn't ruin my experience of Venice but I wouldn't stay here again.

• 15th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

The Stay a way !

The hostel is located very close to Ponte de Rialto. The problem is to find it. I arrived in the afternoon and it was hard to find the hostel when I was alteady in front of it: there is only a very small sticker at the door to identify the hostel. There wasn't free map. If you are looking for an affordable accomodation in Venice, I recommend it. But be sure it is not the best world.

The hostel was clean and had good accommodations. The staff were helpful, and the hostel is a great environment for meeting other backpackers.

Staffs are very rude. they are crazy.

• 9th Sep 2015
  • South Korea

Very basic hostel. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed. Not much atmosphere. But it's in a fantastic location and good value for Venice which makes up for it. Would stay again.

Nice hostel if you just need a place to sleep. Staff not amazingly helpful if you want advice for activities but good location and clean rooms.

The staff were not welcoming or helpful. I was told they "ran out of free maps yesterday" and directed to a map on the wall,  of which i was welcome to take a photo of, and was then mocked when i couldnt read the handwritten notes scribbled on it. The only thing the air conditioner cooled was the soggy carpet beneath it. There were no lockers or free towels. It was cheap but even for the price i would expect to be treated better. Location was good though.

dirty, unprofessional staff, bad service twice the gas was turned off, so i could´t use the stove. either the kitchen was completely closed staff is shouting at the guests (3th september 2015 afternoon) in the night 3th to 4th september 2015 till morning there was nobody at the reception, so the guests could´t check in, either check out

• 31st Aug 2015