La Pescheria Backpackers Reviews

San Polo 1699, (calle dei Boteri), Venice, Italy

Cool area, but hard to find! Staff were friendly but not always there! Also there was no security, no lockers, anyone could get in because the door was always left open. It had a kitchen and a cute terrace. Showers were clean and had good pressure. Wifi worked mostly in the "common room"

The hostel was great, but The air conditioner was leaking and no one even acknowledged it. It also was not the greatest air conditioner.

Pros: Excellent location, right next to Rialto Market and all the sights are within walking distance or it is really easy to get the water bus. It is on a really cute little street in Venice and feels like a Venetian hostel! The rooms were also clean. Cons: No air conditioning!!! Showers stone cold no hot water, toilet out of use and still had waste in it, wifi only worked in the common room not in rooms, no free maps, tax added onto price when you get there, staff pretty rude.

Dear Guest Only the City taxe is not included in the price which is one Euro per person or 1,5 per person per night and we are proud to say that we have the cheapest City taxe between ll properties listed in this web site where all other or most start from 3 euros per person per night so if you are in budget this is the place to stay thank you again

Our train was late and we arrived far later than the time we specified - I apologize for that! But we were met in the reception area after midnight anyway. I loved the atmosphere is hostel - a quaint, old building with lots of history. We had a difficult time navigating the streets of Venice, but found it eventually from the train station. I would definitely recommend this place!

Great location, good staff, friendly atmosphere. In room clean. In 2-th floor not working one toilet, and not good smell from toilet. When i was, in second day not working hot water, only 3-th floor. In the kitchen the stove not working.

Good, aircond on the top floor. Checked in at 2am because my train got delayed and thankfully the staff was there.

Basic facilities and very complacent staff. When asked about air conditioning or power problems, it was always said by the staff that "someone must have done something" and it was never their fault. Poorly maintained kitchen and common areas. No bath mats or even hooks in the bathroom. Some staff were ok and happy to have a joke and a laugh, but the place and atmosphere is quite unusual. Oh, and it's almost impossible to spot from the street!!! Met some great people though!!!!

• 16th Jul 2015

Poor. Staff were so unhelpful and one man was so rude we don't know how he is employed. We didn't have any bed sheets when we arrived and when we spoke to someone in reception they said they didn't know and didn't do anything. The cooker and kettle were broken and we kept having the air con turned off. The security wasn't good either. Don't stay here. Otherwise the building is nice and location is good. With the right staff it could be nice. Very hard to find. Not well signed. :(

Stayed in this hostel for 3 nights. The staff was rude, the AC didn't work = woke up in a puddle of sweat, the free map doesn't excist and the toilets are disgusting. Urine on the floor, no soap, one toilet was clogged, no hot water and mold everywhere. The only good thing was the location (close to Rialto). I do not recommend this hostel.

Staff were friendly, room was nice, no air on so very hot, had to open windows and got eaten alive by Mosquitos, they did not provide covers for beds, had to go on a hunt to find them in a little cupboard, only one shower for whole floor, therefore you are spending a long time waiting your turn. Wifi was good but only in the hallway, no connection in any of the rooms, location is great, Venice is very small so it's pretty hard to have a bad location. Pleasant stay, some let downs.

The location as great and facilities alright but I spent the first day with there being no toilet paper in our bathroom. The staff besides one younger gentlemen was very rude and for the most part disinterested in speaking to you or helping you at all for that matter. I'm not looking for a new best friend from the staff but kindness does matter and I wouldn't stay in this hostle again if I had a choice due to its unkind staff.

• 9th Jul 2015

We stayed in a private room. It was nice and the location of the hostel is great.

The location is great! But everywhere wasn't. My room was super hot with no fan. When I asked about luggage room to store my bag, I was just told to leave it in the corridor where anyone could take stuff. Host/owners - didn't really care about guests. No lockers, wifi only in common area and not great bathrooms. It's cheap and central - you get what you pay for.

They were very accommodating being that I was a very last min reservation. The hostel I was suppose to stay at messed up my reservation and I had to figure out where I was going to stay that night. He was so helpful in my stressful situation, he even upgraded my room to a private. I really loved the atmosphere, there were so many people to meet and everyone was so nice. Even with all the people there I felt so safe. Only thing I did not enjoy was the Mosquitos at no fault of the hostel.

Some of the other recent reviews were mixed on this hostel, but honestly it is really great. The wifi works. They tell you it only works on the second floor, but I was able to access it from my room with no trouble. The bathrooms are clean and it is a 3 minute walk to the Rialto bridge. Sure, the place may be a little dated, but this is a great hostel and the staff is very nice. Do not be turned off by some of the other reviews.

Only spent a total of 7 hours in the hostel to sleep.. Not much more to do, but what can I say? It's Venice. Who wants to be hanging out in a hostel anyway? It fit the bill, especially compared to hotels or other hostels without the great location. Free cafe and croissant breakfast from the neighboring cafe doesn't hurt either.

DO NOT STAY HERE. This was the worst hostel experience. The staff entered our room after we had left and locked it for the day and trespassed throughout our room. The problems began when we checked in. We were given the wrong room, and the room we were given was trespassed by a staff member. Our fan was stolen, which was a problem because of the trespass and because the AC was broken. When we brought it to their attention, the staff smiled, did not apologize, and did not care. Unsafe place.

Barely slept due to a snoring roomate, but a fine stay overall. I wish they had lockers to put your stuff in, however. I had to leave my pack in the middle of the reception area while I was traveling all day.

We went here in June and it was a sauna! So hot we did not sleep all night. The staff seemed extremely unprofessional. Would not recommend this hostel. Only good things were location and the wifi

We found it hard to find however had we read the directions properly it would have been easier. ASK FOR DIRECTIONS! The hostel is nice if your looking for a bed for the night we had clean sheets and it was comfy. Room was hot, had a fan until the 2nd night when they took it the next morning and left AC off. Stove/Oven were broken. Fridge worked, bathrooms were cleaned before we got there but not again during our stay Location was fantastic, We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go!

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts