La Pescheria Backpackers Reviews

San Polo 1699, (calle dei Boteri), Venice, Italy

It was cold at night, poor heating, shower was not hot enough

This hostel is in the perfect part of Venice! However that would be the wrong reason to choose to stay there. We felt very uncomfortable our entire stay and didn't want to even sleep in the beds. It also has an extremely potent smell throughout the hostel. I wouldn't recommend

An excellently located place to stay. Rooms are decent enough, but outlets are not so easy to come by. Wi-fi is of a good speed but you can only connect in a small waiting room outside of the sleeping facilities. Bathrooms are big and comfortable, but there's only one shower on the upper floor

The door to my dorm was damaged where someone had obviously tried to break in. There's no lockers. The kitchen area had run out of milk by 8:30 in the morning, so the cereal out was pointless. The hostel is very hard to find with no sign outside of it. The staff said cash only, then didn't have enough change for me. The guy ended up having to short change me.

location is too good but its difficult to find it .there are two ways to go there one is to go straight to the first bridge on front of the bus station and another one is first right after the first bridge that one is more easy to find it. the kitchen is there you can cook till 10:00 pm. staff is so nice. i recommended this hostel.

• 20th Dec 2015

Highly recommend! Charming and cozy feel. Great location. Staff friendly and welcoming. Pretty easy to find.

I really don't think you can be at a better location for such a low price, it's an old building so I'm not going to complain about the facilities, you just have to appreciate it. The commons area (the part with wifi) is quite small but that probably motivated some rad fellow travelers and I to go get some drinks. I stayed two nights here and very much so enjoyed it.

Very basic hostel in a great location.

The location is everything here. If all you need is a place to sleep and keep you're things it's perfect but don't expect to meet people or want to spend much time here! There are no lockers and wifi only works in 1 room which resulted in most people sat about on their phones in silence! All that said, it is clean enough and staff are friendly enough.

LOCATION wins everything (except COLD during night)

Excellent location which is the main thing, however the room smelt like dampness and we got bedbug bites!

From what I had read about this place, I wasn't really sure what to expect. However, it wasn't as bad as most had written about, the one toilet didn't work the whole time I was there, but the hostel was pretty quiet as I stayed there mid week. I lucked out and met some incredible people here. The staff were alright, though rarely around. Very old building. But for the price you really can't beat the location. It was an average hostel. Heads up, they only take cash and wifi only works in one room

it was hard to find. i love grungy places but this place was so bad. it had nothing a hostel usually offers. pricy and sucked

In short: Place to avoid. Very disappointing

The door on one bathroom did not close so there was only one available. That's why there was a line for the bathroom.

• 10th Oct 2015
  • Guatemala

the only thing i didn't like was no locker to put your luggage. The rest was great

the staff very friendly and always happy to help tourists ! thanks

Stayed for 3 nights and loved the location. Really basic when it comes to amenities and facilities but has everything you need. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location is definitely the highlight of this place because unlike the main Venice hostel, you don't need to take the Vaporetto to get to the main islands.

I would recommend this place. I can confirm other reviews that staff is not very friendly nor helpful, rooms are not very spacious, the kitchen might not be great and bathrooms are too few for peak hours. It is also true that staff intrudes the room during the day - they do that for a quite thorough cleaning! The place is in a great location and the house has its charms. You won'f find anything better for that price in Venice.

It's a very clean hostel and the staff are nice. But for a solo traveller it doesn't have the best atmosphere to meet people. There is also no safe and locker. I was a bit worried about my stuff while staying there. The location is great though.

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts