La Pescheria Backpackers Reviews

San Polo 1699, (calle dei Boteri), Venice, Italy

La Pescheria Backpackers has the potential to be a gem in the heart of the city, but it is far from it. When I got there the guy at the front basically just took my money and didn't tell me anything about the place or tips for anything in Venice. I had to ask . The rooms were pretty run down, broken cupboards and such. My pillow had hair all over it , the sheets seemed like they were cleaned but still had hair all over them. Felt really uncomfortable here .

The only good think of the hostel is its location, although the beds are confortable the place is not renovated inside, smell of humidity inside is terrible and the fact that I went on winter and they didnt turned on the heaters was terrible. Personal not to interested in helping, although it was only one guy.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Colombia

My holiday in Venice was horrible because the hostel was horrible. When i arrived, nobody was in the lobby.In the night after 10 PM the internet was off. we couldn't access anymore. I ask for help but the boy from the lobby, doesn't care about this. No toilet pape in the bathroom.Te kitchen was close with the key after 10 pm. i arrived at 10 :00 and was close. i ate my food with my hand, no forks, nothing. when it was open we did'n t find matches to open the gas stove.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Romania

Location was perfect. Quiet area and everything is an easy walk in venice. Beds and showers were nice and clean and the rooms were very nice with lofted ceilings. The atmosphere was lacking a little but I think that mostly depends on the other guests present. Kitchen on my floor did not have a stove but had a fridge. Could not leave my bag after check out because staff was busy at other jobs.. so check out at 11am and had to walk around Venice with my big bag until my train departure :/

First, go find another place. It was very cold hostel heating system didn't work. Kitchen is very dirty you can only use kitchen for 4 hours. You can use wifi only in common room and its really slow. Staff was very mean they were not friendly. They took 4euro from us just cus we sat on the wrong bad. They just think about money nothing more. Listen us it is the worst hostel i've ever stayed.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Turkey

Great location. Rooms and bathroom at the second floor look better and cleaner than the first floor ones. We've got a noisy room with a smelly carpet. Reasonable bed, but maybe the place have bedbugs (still not secure about it). Nice staff. For one night in Venice is ok.

This place was fantastic! Great location, free of bugs and mosquitoes (but I was there in November). Staff was friendly and helpful enough, nothing special. Room was comfortable and clean and the bathrooms were great. Wifi only worked in common room area. No kitchen or anything. But perfect stay for my time in Venice. Highly recommend it!

overall pleased with this hostel

no service, no personal the most time, to expensive

• 26th Oct 2014

No complaints what so ever, not the best place ever but most certainly pleasant.

I had an amazing time on my weekend get away in Venice. The location was perfect. You are right in the middle of everything. The staff was extreamly helpful and informative which is important if you're new to Venice. I am going back for sure

• 23rd Oct 2014

Very handy location and clean, tidy rooms. Kitchen facilities are not really of use to make meals, but make sure you ask for your breakfast token for the bar next door, great way to start a bust day with a coffee and a croissant.

The worst staff I've experienced in 5 months of backpacking. The owner swore at me for asking him for help, and told me to go home but refused to give me back my money. The facilities were run down, kitchen was broken and you could only use it after 6pm. If you want to enjoy Venice, avoid this hostel.

You never Checked in!! you pretended to cancel your reservation in the same day without any charge!!! try to immagine if you arrive here and we have no bed for!!! how it will be your reaction??

Location is terrific. Very convenient for most of the city. No elevators are kind of a bummer, as arevery few bathrooms and showers, though. No screens on windows and no air conditioning. I got eaten alive by mosquitoes, kind of ruined my last day there.

• 17th Oct 2014

A group of 6 girls stayed at this hostel and I can guarantee none of us will ever stay there again. Not only was it hard to find, the signage was so small that we weren't sure we were in the right place. The rooms weren't clean, the blankets had hair woven in from past guests and the shower areas were dirty. In my opinion, we paid too much money to stay in a place like that. Thankfully we only stayed for one night.

• 14th Oct 2014

The only thing this place really has going for them is the location. That's probably why they're super expensive despite being the cheapest hostel actually in Venice. Nothing else was really great about this place. Staff was rude (one guy was helpful), bathrooms smelled horrible, and the wifi only works in one small room

For the price was good. Compared to the other options in Venice. The bathroom was clean ans also the sheets. Is not the best place for making friends if f travelling alone. Theres no comum area apart from the living room for internet. Not a hostel atmosphere, more like a hotel. But Id come back and reccomend.

Staff were rude when we arrived early and surprised that we wanted to leave bags which were then left in the corridor. No luggage room and limited security. No common room apart from a corridor to access WiFi so no atmosphere. Breakfast was a coffee and pastry from the café next to the hostel both hostel staff and café staff weren't too happy when we tried to get breakfast at 10 when we were told we could get it till 10.30. Bathroom was clean but dimly light with exposed wires - unsafe?

Can't beat this spot for the price in Venice! Was great for proximity to the market and easy to get to... as easy as just about anything is to get to in Venice that is. Our room was alittle bit noisy and had lots of mosquitoes but I don't know that that can be avoided in Venice without a big price tag. We were very happy with our stay there because it allowed us to stay in the city to experience fewer tourists at a better price. People were very nice and quite helpful.

• 22nd Sep 2014

The hostel was very clean and in a great central location for the main sights in Venice.

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts