La Pescheria Backpackers Reviews

San Polo 1699, (calle dei Boteri), Venice, Italy

Stayed in this hostel for 3 nights. The staff was rude, the AC didn't work = woke up in a puddle of sweat, the free map doesn't excist and the toilets are disgusting. Urine on the floor, no soap, one toilet was clogged, no hot water and mold everywhere. The only good thing was the location (close to Rialto). I do not recommend this hostel.

Staff were friendly, room was nice, no air on so very hot, had to open windows and got eaten alive by Mosquitos, they did not provide covers for beds, had to go on a hunt to find them in a little cupboard, only one shower for whole floor, therefore you are spending a long time waiting your turn. Wifi was good but only in the hallway, no connection in any of the rooms, location is great, Venice is very small so it's pretty hard to have a bad location. Pleasant stay, some let downs.

The location as great and facilities alright but I spent the first day with there being no toilet paper in our bathroom. The staff besides one younger gentlemen was very rude and for the most part disinterested in speaking to you or helping you at all for that matter. I'm not looking for a new best friend from the staff but kindness does matter and I wouldn't stay in this hostle again if I had a choice due to its unkind staff.

• 9th Jul 2015

We stayed in a private room. It was nice and the location of the hostel is great.

The location is great! But everywhere wasn't. My room was super hot with no fan. When I asked about luggage room to store my bag, I was just told to leave it in the corridor where anyone could take stuff. Host/owners - didn't really care about guests. No lockers, wifi only in common area and not great bathrooms. It's cheap and central - you get what you pay for.

They were very accommodating being that I was a very last min reservation. The hostel I was suppose to stay at messed up my reservation and I had to figure out where I was going to stay that night. He was so helpful in my stressful situation, he even upgraded my room to a private. I really loved the atmosphere, there were so many people to meet and everyone was so nice. Even with all the people there I felt so safe. Only thing I did not enjoy was the Mosquitos at no fault of the hostel.

Some of the other recent reviews were mixed on this hostel, but honestly it is really great. The wifi works. They tell you it only works on the second floor, but I was able to access it from my room with no trouble. The bathrooms are clean and it is a 3 minute walk to the Rialto bridge. Sure, the place may be a little dated, but this is a great hostel and the staff is very nice. Do not be turned off by some of the other reviews.

Only spent a total of 7 hours in the hostel to sleep.. Not much more to do, but what can I say? It's Venice. Who wants to be hanging out in a hostel anyway? It fit the bill, especially compared to hotels or other hostels without the great location. Free cafe and croissant breakfast from the neighboring cafe doesn't hurt either.

DO NOT STAY HERE. This was the worst hostel experience. The staff entered our room after we had left and locked it for the day and trespassed throughout our room. The problems began when we checked in. We were given the wrong room, and the room we were given was trespassed by a staff member. Our fan was stolen, which was a problem because of the trespass and because the AC was broken. When we brought it to their attention, the staff smiled, did not apologize, and did not care. Unsafe place.

Barely slept due to a snoring roomate, but a fine stay overall. I wish they had lockers to put your stuff in, however. I had to leave my pack in the middle of the reception area while I was traveling all day.

We went here in June and it was a sauna! So hot we did not sleep all night. The staff seemed extremely unprofessional. Would not recommend this hostel. Only good things were location and the wifi

We found it hard to find however had we read the directions properly it would have been easier. ASK FOR DIRECTIONS! The hostel is nice if your looking for a bed for the night we had clean sheets and it was comfy. Room was hot, had a fan until the 2nd night when they took it the next morning and left AC off. Stove/Oven were broken. Fridge worked, bathrooms were cleaned before we got there but not again during our stay Location was fantastic, We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go!

The owner was pretty weird & there were no bath mats in the bathroom so the floor was disgusting. No air conditioning at all in the whole building & the wifi only worked in the designated "common" room. Great location, right next to the water bus stop & the Rialto Bridge.

Great location, otherwise terrible hostel. Doesn't seem like any effort is put into this place at all, provides the bare minimum in pretty much every sense.

Great location, right by the Realto Mercato. Very communal atmosphere with everyone hanging out. Fresh herbs on the patio to cook with. Feels very dirty. Some broken beds. We didn't have top sheets in our room. Some rooms didn't lock. No place to put your things... Forget about lockers. I'm a woman traveling alone, and the guy at the reception asked me if I'd like him to come sleep with me so I wouldn't be lonely. He also added another girl on FB. This place could be awesome, but needs WORK.

1 2 3 Next » last »