La Pinta Boogaloo (old Green Saman) Reviews

Carrera 3 Oeste 11 49 Bellavista, Cali, Colombia

We were a little upset about the "free" salsa lessons. They were not free. Although we would have happily paid I think it was 30,000 COP, we were told it cost money for a tip only after we were done. The lessons were great but the after-the-fact change left a bad taste in our mouths. In the United States we call this "bait-and-switch" and it is a universally hated business practice here. Maybe it's a cultural thing and we should have expected it and not let it bother us.

Beautiful place, not your average hostel. A wedding reception took over the night so I felt a bit of an imposter keeping a low profile which was fine for me but maybe not to everyone's taste.

Great hostel. Really good atmosphere, and amazing staff. Really cold showers, I wasn't able to take a hot or even warm shower a single time. Other than cold showers, this hostel is perfect.

My stay at La Pinta couldn't have been better. The place was super clean and the people who greeted me were helpful and friendly. The hostel is actually huge house surrounded by gardens which you don't see from the photos so it was a nice surprise. The door rooms had several bathrooms so I didn't have to wait for showers and I had plenty of secure space to store my gear too. A definite bonus was the great social atmosphere as many guests hung out by the bar, danced salsa, or swam in the pool.