La Pinta Boogaloo (old Green Saman) Reviews

Carrera 3 Oeste 11 49 Bellavista, Cali, Colombia

Had an awesome stay here, mainly cos I met some great people. The set up of the hostel is perfect for meeting people, with a pool and terrace, big kitchen for cooking together and free salsa lessons in the evening. Good breakfast: cereal, fresh fruit and bread or crackers with jam. Bit far away from the center but still in a nice area. Couple of suggestions, better curtains in the dorms and no need to play music from 8 am onwards!

Amazing hostel A bit away from centro

A great hostel with a great atmosphere ! Easy to meet new people here and always opportunities to discover the life of Cali from here. I had a great time here, only problem would be that they didn't clean our bathroom during my stay and that it could seem a but disorganized at times. That said, I would recommend anyone going to Cali to stay here!

The two Oscars were so friendly and helpful. A really great hostel, I love the pool! And free salsa classes.

I would like to thank all the staff members especially Oscar 1, Oscar 2 and Samy for their help and their welcome.

• 29th May 2014

Great hostel with pool and huge kitchen. Very friendly and helpful staff - thanks miguel and oscar!

• 24th May 2014

La Pinta Boogaloo has great facilities, a nice staff, and luxury you won't find anywhere else. A pool, sauna, salsa lessons, and a garden to hang out in while drinking cheap beers and meeting other travelers. Also, a short ten minute walk to San Antonia where you will find all the restaurants you want with delicious food. I highly recommend staying here, especially if you want time and space to relax while enjoying the fun times in Cali.

• 25th Apr 2014

Probably the nicest hostel I have stayed at so far. The hostel is in excellent condition and is a really relaxed environment. the staff are also very friendly and are more than happy to help you from ordering you taxis and pizzas to helping you plan your next destination. Carlos and Oscar are really cool guys that come across as if youve known them for a long time the moment you walk in.

• 25th Apr 2014

we enjoyed CALI the most, and oscar helped us out immensely to 'get us there'. we signed up for bike tour but they were unable to do the tour because i think in reality they were short on 'working bikes' but after my husband fixed them they were o.k. for us to rent. my husband fixed the electrical system on the steamroom &asked if he did so could we have our room paid for the second night. (he gets paid $200/hour) but miguel only gave us 10% discount. we had a blast there with the sauna, pool

Beautiful house and garden. Basic breakfast but kitchen well furnished so if you buy delicious fruits from Colombia you can make good juices with the blender. A bit far from the city center but really close to the zoo that I would recommend to visit. Free salsa classes! And staff really nice.

We had a great time in the hostel, the location is beautiful, the staff is nice and you can meet a lot of people.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Colombia

One of the most beautiful hostels I ever stayed at. Offers a tranquile environment to escape the busy city life, an amazing house with beautiful gardens and a refreshing pool. The staff is very friendly and helpful! Highly recommended!

look no further, this is the best place to stay in cali. great facilities. staff amazing. very nice and friendly Martha will cook you up something nice in the kitchen. nice swimming pool, sauna, bbq, and spacious kitchen, and many toilets and showers. free salsa lessons everyday too. there is only 1 fault I have which is not really with the hostal itself, their dirrections online from the bus terminal needs to be reviewed. they are very vague and have some gaps which make it imposible to arrive

The staff at this hostel are very helpful and are bilingual. It´s not an easy place to find in a taxi and it´s a good 30 minute walk from town so this is a bit of a disadvantage. The building itself is spacious and the dorms are clean and comfortable and lockers are provided. There is a bar and a swimming pool and a simple breakfast is served daily. The toliets are clean and you have hot showers most of the time. The neighbourhood is safe as well. The biggest annoyance is the hostel dog!

The hostel is very clean and the staff helpful (for the most part). It would be a much nicer place to stay if two things were fixed. 1. Train the dog. It would try to eat everything from mobiles to socks, towels and the food you were preparing/eating. It bit me on two occasions. 2. The music blaring outside nearly all of the time. Please, put a speaker in reception so the music doesn't have to be so loud. Breakfast is good, showers are great. Good shop just down the road.