La Posada Chetumal Hostel Reviews

Ave. Venustiano Carranza No. 481. Col. Flamboyanes, Chetumal, Mexico

The woman running the hostel is incredibly helpful in guiding you through to Belize (which is what most people probably stay in Chetumal for).

Nice family, but I think most people come to sleep well and regarding this point I have to say that the mattress was very hard and significantly impaired the experience.

Empty Hostel. No atmosphere. Paid for expensive private room when could have dorm to ourselves. IT WAS SO HOT, there was an air conditioning unit in the room but when we asked for the remote to turn it on we were told WE HAD TO PAY EXTRA!! Shower just dribbled out COLD water, apparently there was no gas so they offered us a BUCKET OF WARM WATER! I could feel the springs in my back from my matress. Breakfast was ok and the family had some cute kids! That's the only postives i can find, sorry.

The place is clean and large but it is also relatively far from the center of town. I think I was the only person there so I had time to talk to the staff: helpful to a certain extent... He helped me get to the bus to Belize with no setbacks and had good info on the city. I'd recommend it as a place to stay for a night but the ambiance is not as high as other places.

The hostel is far from the ADO-busterminal, as well as from the town-center and buses to Belize (+25min on foot, Taxi M$50.-). Rooms are reasonably clean. Beds too. One bathroom for +10 people is not enough, though. It's clean and only the shower smells a bit. But not as bad as other people experienced. Wifi works and is stable. The Staff (the boy) was helping us, but the information turned out to be wrong. Might have been due to the holiday. Overall acceptable for one night, but not more.

Great place we will return! Close to the ruins, very beautiful!

• 20th Mar 2015

The owner of the hostel is very friendly and accommodating. She has great advice for how to get around and how best to continue your journey into Belize as chetumal is one of the main border crossings. The facilities are basic but sufficient and good value.

I very much enjoyed my stay here before I took te water taxi over to Caye Caulker. Nice outside patio overlooking a less busy street and the rooms are clean. The best part of the stay was the manager and how helpful/friendly she is. She also cooks you a nice breakfast and offers good coffee. I definitely reccomebd this place if you are staying overnight in chetumal for the water taxi.

• 18th Jan 2015

If you go to Chetumal, go to La Posada Chetumal Hostel. It's like staying with a local family, the "hostel mum" is so nice and will make you breakfast in the morning and care for you so much. I really enjoyed my stay there. The location is a bit far from the city center but taxis are not expensive and there is a bus station around the corner. The supermarket and an ATM are only 3 minutes walking away.

Excellent and lovely people running this hostel. Great. Taxi driver had a few issues locating it however.

• 7th Jan 2015