La Posada de Don Simon Reviews

Alvarado 1070, Salta, Argentina

We had a great stay here. We planned on staying only one night but ended up doing 3. The place is very clean, the staff are friendly, and the showers are fairly modern with good temperature control. The breakfast is a croissant and white bread with dulce de leche and coffee. The only negative is that you are not allowed to hang clothing up to dry.

• 10th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The dorm room is very snug and the kitchen isn't up to much, but a nice enough place to stay in. Showers were great! There were a few breakfast bits for those of us who had to leave very early in the morning vStaff were really lovely, when I had to cut my stay short because of buses they gave me a full refund. The hostel is mostly private rooms with 1 dorm

Stayed for 3 nights - a fairly good hostel, nothing worth noting as an issue. Clean, friendly staff, and reasonably well located in terms of main attractions.

A really nice homely hostel, the staff were absolutely lovely and the hostel as a whole ticked all the boxes

Small, quiet hostel. The location is great. The beds and breakfast are both quite small, but the bathrooms are nice.

The hostel is very close to the center, anought clean and with good wifi. The owners are very friendly and gave me very nice tips, maps and explane for what to visit and when to go. They sell me some touristic trips and i was happy to do them. Was good organized. The price of trips was very cheap. In hostel there are some ruels that allow to guest to find a clean place. I didnt use breakfast because went out very early every day because of trips but early had warm water to make coffee.

Its in a great location. The staff are really friendly and happy to help. There is a good atmosphere outside at the back, and I met some great people here. The only negative is the breakfast - it's not buffet. Great coffee but so so small on the food side, I politely asked for seconds but they said no as there would not be enough for the others. If you are leaving on a tour before breakfast starts they give you a choice of some packets of biscuits and leave hot water and tea/coffee bags out.

Only stayed one night but a decent little joint close to the city centre. Friendly staff, they stored our big backpacks for free when we went to Cafayte for the night after we checked out. Kitchen was pretty small but the common area out the back was good.

For night or two, good. The location is ok, the room is good, the bed is good, showers are really good. No party hostel. It's clean and quiet. Breakfest is nothing, one of the worst breakfast so far on my trip. Staff is really nice and they help you, if you need any help planning your trip (only spanish speaking thought, but that was ok for me). You have to pay, if you want to storage your back for day, which I think is not a good thing (I'm happy I didn't, I left early in the morning).

Excelent Hostel, staff is so good. I really loved this place.

Basic nice hostel. A few blocks from the centre of town, reasonably priced and free (but basic) breakfast and wifi. The owner went out of his way to go and buy something for my coeliac friend for breakfast. A pretty nice hostel for backpackers. We had booked a boutique hotel for our return after our roadtrip but decided to cancel and come back here, as it was great value for money.

I can very much recommend This hostel. The owners and The staff are Really sweet and helpful. Facilities are very clean. Walls are very thin though and at times it can be hard to sleep.

Staff were great, not much English but was still able to work out what to do around Salta. Kitchen facilities are a bit basic but just a good excuse to eat out! Nice place to stay.

La posada de don simon was a good experience for me. The owners are nice people, the common rooms are enjoyable. The little blames I can give are about the light breakfast and the lake of air in my room ( too hot). But I recommend this place.

The owner was really nice as we booked an extra night by mistake but he didn't charge us. He also told us lol about the city. The rooms don't have any windows and are small so you don't want to spend much time in them. The was quite a nice courtyard and average small kitchen. Breakfast was average. There was trouble with wifi when we were there but apparently that happens a lot all over the city

Very clean with comfortable beds. Staff were really friendly. Breakfast was amazing with an espresso coffee, bread and a warm croissant. Only complaint would be the 6 bed dorm is far too cramped.

Very nice and clean place. 5 min walk from the center.

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Israel

Very friendly and helpfull staff. Interesting offer of tours.

Very friendly and helpful owners keep this hostel clean and comfortable. It is very close to anywhere you need to go in Salta. We enjoyed our stay and would go back without any hesitation. Wifi is very fast and reliable as well!

Very nice and cute hostel. The owners are very friendly and they have a funny cat.