La Posada de Don Simon Reviews

Alvarado 1070, Salta, Argentina

I don't understand the 'amazing' reviews for this place. The rooms and facilities are not clean. The tours they organise for you are however good value for money.

A very nice, and clean hostel. The owners are incredibly nice, happy, and helpful. While the breakfast was the standard Argentinian bread and dulce de leche, the coffee was excellent! The owners ask your morning coffee/tea preference each day and bring it to your table. Not really a place to socialize and meet other people, but if you're looking for a quiet, relaxing, clean hostel - this is the place! Good location, only a few blocks from the main square.

Nice little place with excellent bathrooms, plenty of hot water. Breakfast is pretty uninspiring and beds are super small but overall not a bad place

We did not have a great experience in this hostel. We had a private room with a bathroom, but when people used the public bathroom we could hear EVERYTHING. There is no real common area, other than outside area (too cold in winter) and breakfast is below average.

The beds were comfy and the room nice although they all look onto a large hallway so they aren't particularly private. The hostel is in a good location and is a good price. Kitchen is limited but works and we didn't have a problem cooking dinner in it. Breakfast is small but ok-I think one big bread roll would be better than the cold toast and small croissant. They charge 30A pesos to leave your bags there- seems a bit harsh, surely they could make this free!? They did for us!

The nicest people we have met in South America. Genuinely warm, friendly and very helpful.

Thank you for your opinion, it is easy to be all that you say, with passengers as friendly as you.

We enjoyed our stay very much. Keep up the good work!

Nic enough hostel but the rooms are very cramped and the kitchen isn't that clean

Super quiet hostel. Good if you need to catch up on sleep. Staff speak no English but we're still very helpful and friendly.

We had a great stay here. We planned on staying only one night but ended up doing 3. The place is very clean, the staff are friendly, and the showers are fairly modern with good temperature control. The breakfast is a croissant and white bread with dulce de leche and coffee. The only negative is that you are not allowed to hang clothing up to dry.

The dorm room is very snug and the kitchen isn't up to much, but a nice enough place to stay in. Showers were great! There were a few breakfast bits for those of us who had to leave very early in the morning vStaff were really lovely, when I had to cut my stay short because of buses they gave me a full refund. The hostel is mostly private rooms with 1 dorm

Stayed for 3 nights - a fairly good hostel, nothing worth noting as an issue. Clean, friendly staff, and reasonably well located in terms of main attractions.

A really nice homely hostel, the staff were absolutely lovely and the hostel as a whole ticked all the boxes

Small, quiet hostel. The location is great. The beds and breakfast are both quite small, but the bathrooms are nice.

The hostel is very close to the center, anought clean and with good wifi. The owners are very friendly and gave me very nice tips, maps and explane for what to visit and when to go. They sell me some touristic trips and i was happy to do them. Was good organized. The price of trips was very cheap. In hostel there are some ruels that allow to guest to find a clean place. I didnt use breakfast because went out very early every day because of trips but early had warm water to make coffee.

Its in a great location. The staff are really friendly and happy to help. There is a good atmosphere outside at the back, and I met some great people here. The only negative is the breakfast - it's not buffet. Great coffee but so so small on the food side, I politely asked for seconds but they said no as there would not be enough for the others. If you are leaving on a tour before breakfast starts they give you a choice of some packets of biscuits and leave hot water and tea/coffee bags out.

Only stayed one night but a decent little joint close to the city centre. Friendly staff, they stored our big backpacks for free when we went to Cafayte for the night after we checked out. Kitchen was pretty small but the common area out the back was good.

For night or two, good. The location is ok, the room is good, the bed is good, showers are really good. No party hostel. It's clean and quiet. Breakfest is nothing, one of the worst breakfast so far on my trip. Staff is really nice and they help you, if you need any help planning your trip (only spanish speaking thought, but that was ok for me). You have to pay, if you want to storage your back for day, which I think is not a good thing (I'm happy I didn't, I left early in the morning).

Excelent Hostel, staff is so good. I really loved this place.

Basic nice hostel. A few blocks from the centre of town, reasonably priced and free (but basic) breakfast and wifi. The owner went out of his way to go and buy something for my coeliac friend for breakfast. A pretty nice hostel for backpackers. We had booked a boutique hotel for our return after our roadtrip but decided to cancel and come back here, as it was great value for money.