La Posada de Huertas Reviews

Huertas 21, Madrid, Spain

Staff was very friendly and helpful. They allow travelers to leave luggage for free in their storeroom, which is very useful! There is a pleasant festive atmosphere, kitchen facilities where travelers can store food in the fridge, a simple breakfast, everything that I needed to have a nice stay in Madrid!

Pretty good hostel with nice location and good kitchen area where you can meet people and go on pub crawls. Did not have a great common room though and wifi only works in lobby so everyone crowds there. Poor air flow in rooms

Rooms without windows! !! Air conditioning didnt work. Key system too clever so didnt wirk proprly

Very nice hostel, good breakfast included, very nice staff The accommodation was very clean We met a lot of nice people there, loads of activities are offered there, free walking tours, dance lesson, pub crawls The location is perfect, next to the prado, the train and metro station, many sights, pubs etc

there are not enough pots and silverware in the kitchen. and the wifi works only in the main floor. but it's a really cool party hostel.

I would stay here again! Also the free walking tour was excellent (we had Vivianna).

Best in town

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Finland

Free Sangria and paella, how can you go wrong?? They also have free promoting, which made my life :)

I stayed here for 5 nights and had a wonderful experience. The location is unbeatable for the price (right in the middle of the city and within walking distance of all the "hot-spots"). The lockers are very secure, the rooms are clean and well organized, there's air-conditioning in the rooms (big plus in the spanish heat) and the kitchen is fully equipped. I really can't say anything bad about this hostel.

Great location. Great staff. Wish the common area stayed open later, 11pm is a little early

While in a good area and quite cheap, there are better hostels in Madrid for the same cost. Within an hour of arriving we decided that we didn't want to stay and arranged another hostel which worked out to be the same price. The rooms are very basic and the beds are quite uncomfortable. You have to press the shower button constantly for the water to stay on which is also frustrating. While this hostel is tolerable, there are better options for the same price

They only have plastic dishes and the toilets are too small even for slim people. Cleanliness is average. They have cornflakes, very sweet orange juice, Coffee and toasts for breakfast. Staff is very nice and helpful. Location is just perfect! I would say, value for money is really good and I would recommend it.

It is annoying that there is no wifi in the upper floors, and the kitchen closes too early. We cannot hang out at the common room after 11pm, so you would expect that the patio and/or the dinning room remained available. Staff is friendly, and helpful and I appreciate that.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Very good location of the Hostel, amazing staff, both at the reception as well as at pub crawl and city walk. Bathrooms and rooms were clean. Breakfast is basic, but you can eat as much as you want.

Great Hostel, friendly staff and good chances to meet people! Only complaint is there was not a lot of bathrooms, so just be prepared to be very flexible about when you use the bathroom/shower!

• 14th Aug 2014

I ha deben there, and I liked it so much that when I came back to Madrid I went back to this hostel!

Loved staying here. Needed a couple of quiet nights and this was the perfect spot. Good value for money and the staff were lovely and extremely helpful.

If you are on a budget, maybe this could be an option. It's very cheap, the location is good and the facilities are ok. However, to be honest, I don't really recommend. The staff seemed pretty rude, specially the cleaning guy and some guys on the reception. They treat you as they are just doing you a favor. And it wasn't just in one occasion, it was like that pretty much all the the time. If I knew that, I would for sure have chosen somewhere else.

Great atmosphere in this hostel, one of the best I've encountered. Very central, very cheap, awesome place.

Awesome location, best in Madrid! Close to everything, awesome cafes, bars. Staff are super friendly. My only gripe is that I was in a room that had a window that opened to the corridor and the windows from the corridor to the outside were locked. IT FELT SUFFOCATING and there was no fresh air. This needs to be rectified. IN saying that there was AC but nothing beats a dorm room air out.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4