La Posada de Huertas Reviews

Huertas 21, Madrid, Spain

Great location. Great staff. Wish the common area stayed open later, 11pm is a little early

While in a good area and quite cheap, there are better hostels in Madrid for the same cost. Within an hour of arriving we decided that we didn't want to stay and arranged another hostel which worked out to be the same price. The rooms are very basic and the beds are quite uncomfortable. You have to press the shower button constantly for the water to stay on which is also frustrating. While this hostel is tolerable, there are better options for the same price

They only have plastic dishes and the toilets are too small even for slim people. Cleanliness is average. They have cornflakes, very sweet orange juice, Coffee and toasts for breakfast. Staff is very nice and helpful. Location is just perfect! I would say, value for money is really good and I would recommend it.

It is annoying that there is no wifi in the upper floors, and the kitchen closes too early. We cannot hang out at the common room after 11pm, so you would expect that the patio and/or the dinning room remained available. Staff is friendly, and helpful and I appreciate that.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Great Hostel, friendly staff and good chances to meet people! Only complaint is there was not a lot of bathrooms, so just be prepared to be very flexible about when you use the bathroom/shower!

• 14th Aug 2014

I ha deben there, and I liked it so much that when I came back to Madrid I went back to this hostel!

Loved staying here. Needed a couple of quiet nights and this was the perfect spot. Good value for money and the staff were lovely and extremely helpful.

If you are on a budget, maybe this could be an option. It's very cheap, the location is good and the facilities are ok. However, to be honest, I don't really recommend. The staff seemed pretty rude, specially the cleaning guy and some guys on the reception. They treat you as they are just doing you a favor. And it wasn't just in one occasion, it was like that pretty much all the the time. If I knew that, I would for sure have chosen somewhere else.

Great atmosphere in this hostel, one of the best I've encountered. Very central, very cheap, awesome place.

Awesome location, best in Madrid! Close to everything, awesome cafes, bars. Staff are super friendly. My only gripe is that I was in a room that had a window that opened to the corridor and the windows from the corridor to the outside were locked. IT FELT SUFFOCATING and there was no fresh air. This needs to be rectified. IN saying that there was AC but nothing beats a dorm room air out.

Great value for the cheap price. Perfect location. Staff were fantastic

Close to pretty much everything, you won't be spending money with Metro, that's for sure but if you do there's a station nearby too. The free breakfast is great and the common area is a great place to meet people and make new friends. Free sangria at night was a plus too! Totally recommend it.

only negative is that WIFI is only available in the lobby; which has a few seat compacted in to the small space for the entire building to share.

• 24th Jul 2014

Very nice hostel and as compared to the price the best option. It has air conditioned so very peaceful sleep in the hot summer of Madrid. The main lobby was bit dirty but overall the hostel was very clean and good environment. Highly recommend!!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Pakistan

Brilliant hostel and location. You will get laid if you go to this hostel. GUARANTEED

We had a great experience at la posada. Everyone was very helpful at the front desk and we met so many great people just hanging out at the hostel. The free tip-based walking tour was excellent and we'll worth the 5€ we gave vivianna. They also hosted a pub crawl with cats hostel down the street. Best pub crawl I've been on that's for sure!

Dear guest, we would like to show you our appreciation for writting a review about Posada de Huerasl! Your feedback has been very important to us!! We hope to see you very soon again here in Madrid! :) Greetings from the Posada Team!!

This hostel is perfectly located in between the museums and the large park (parque buen retiro) and near the major attractions and best tapa places like el mercado San Miguel, plaza mayor, puerta del sol and the royal palace and cathedral. The staff is super friendly and the pub crawls are a great deal. The rooms are small and the beds are hard but for the amount you are paying this hostel is great. The twin girls who do walking tours are really funny. Stay here you won't regret it.

It was one of the best hostels I've ever been! It has a lot of things to do for a really good price and a lot of nice people! The security system, location and people there are great! Made some really good friends! Thanks a lot!

• 14th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Your Response to this Review: Dear guest, we would like to show you our appreciation for writting a review about Posada Your feedback has been very important to us!! We hope to see you very soon again here in Madrid! :) Greetings from the POSADA Team!!

Pubcrawl and tapas Night are tourist traps, otherwise Nice place to stay,

Great Hostel, perfectly located in the heart of the city. So good i came back and stayed again on my return to Madrid. Free waling tour was good fun and Erica was great! Staff very helpfull, bit of a pain that only the lobby has wifi not the rooms and that check out is 10.30 esp if youv enjoyed the nightlife in Madrid till 7am the night before haha. But honestly its a nice place on a nive street with acces to everywhere in madrid!

• 14th Jul 2014