La Posada de Huertas Reviews

Huertas 21, Madrid, Spain

Best hostel in madrid. Just for my particular taste a bit too bit. Otherwhise terrific hostel

The staff was very nice and the hostal was very tidy!

• 2nd Dec 2014

Clean,situation,ambient and personal. No wi fi in the rooms!!!!!

I think this is definitely the worst hostel that I’ve stayed at in 42 countries that I’ve travelled. The staff is incredibly rude, the number of beds are not the ones they say, the kitchen closes very early and they kick you out in a very rude way, there is NO wifi on the rooms, they wake you up in a nasty way, it is not cheap (15€ aprox) their locking system is bad. And their supposedly pubcraw never happened (Tuesday-Sunday).. NEVER AGAIN. Oh and the breakfast… What a horrible experience.

The staff was great, spoke both English and Spanish well, usually very friendly. The included breakfast was certainly a bonus. We arrived very early on the morning of our check-in day, as our overnight bus arrived early; the staff was very accommodating to us, allowing us to eat breakfast, store our things, use the showers, etc. The atmosphere is quite lacking. The key situation is a bit ridiculous. It's some electronic key that works 2% of the time. For the lock/key alone, I wouldn't go back.

For me Internet is basically thing, everywhere they don't tell you about internet it just works. Here they make sure that you know that they have free wifi, but it's work just in the reception. Paying 15€ for the keys is just a joke! It's better find other hostel!!

wonderful

The staff was always friendly when there was a question and helped in the best way. The Location is really good, Close to the centre and many things to visit.

• 3rd Nov 2014

I got what I paid for. It was a great location yes but there was no wifi except on the ground floor. The rooms were also a tight squeeze--it seemed like there were more bunkbeds squeezed into a space than necessary. The fob lockers and door system was a pleasant surprise though.

This is a very good hostel and I will definitely be staying here again when a different friend of mine comes to visit Madrid. yes, it is not right on Sol, but it is only a ten minute walk if that, in a very nice area, and it is a very nice hostel. I already had lots of plans, but they had so many activities planned to keep you busy and feel like you were in Spain if you were short of a plan or two

We spent just over three weeks in this hostel and absolutely loved it! The location was great, less than a 10 minute walk from Sol! The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially Ibrahim behind reception! We'll miss you :-) The hostel was always spotless and the cleaners were very hardworking and friendly! Free sangria every night and free Paella Saturday nights, this place is great! Would definitely recommend it!

Clean and tidy but very noisy and only wifi in the small reception area

Everything is great. The only thing could be improved is the facility of the shower room. It would be better to concern more of the privacy. I don't like being naked in front of others.

Smelly! Several rooms had no windows, and others in the room turned off the (not very noisy) a/c. Awoke to the smell of feet every morning. Breakfast is basic but ok. Lock system neat.

• 30th Sep 2014

WIfi didn't work anywhere but the reception, some sort of stain on my blanket (chocolate or blood?).

negative: It is extremely loud, from the inside as well as from the outside. Could get maximum 4 hours of sleep per night. There is no internet in the rooms. There are way to little toilets for so many people. positive: The staff is very friendly, the location is great. It's not a bad hostel at all, but I would still not "sleep" there ever again.

Bad timing going to Madrid. I was looking for a place to party and chose this place for the reviews but there was nothing going on when I was there because of an religious event that weekend, only on monday we had the pub crawl and the atmosphere became a bit better so still think it can be a nice party hostel. Facilities in general very basic, incredibly tiny toilets, not enough showers. The hostel was very smelly.

its amazing hostel! every one, include the staff, are very open mind and friendly. it could be perfect, but the wifi didnt work well... the food, the rooms, the location- very good.

Great location, but the rest was a grind. The front desk staff taking their leisurely time with absolutely everything and took absolutely forever to check people in and out, with no concern for peoples' time. Atmosphere was poor- wi-fi only worked in the front part of the lobby, which was not a hangout spot, but just a crowded bunch of quiet people in the entrance area. Bathrooms were tight and not the cleanest. Rooms were hot and the beds were cranky. Fob lockers and linens provided were nice.

I didn't like that they used huge amounts of plastic dishes (plastic plates, bowles, knifes, even plastic tea cups!) for the breakfast. Not very ecofriendly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3