La Posada de Huertas Reviews

Huertas 21, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

This is a hostel for groups or people that want to have fun. Sleeping is an issue since people are coming and going all night and Madrid is just a night life hub, so given the price I can't say I am too upset with everything. Friendly staff for sure and if you want a good time consider staying here. Cleanliness is good as expected since its so big; not immaculate but suitable.

Only one things annoyed us. If we would have booked the room in the internet we would have only paid 9 euros. we didnt reserve it and had to pay 12 euro for the first night. then we went to the computer and booked the next night for 9 euros. totaly stupid system. But if you book in advance you will have a nice and clean hostel in a good location for a good price.

• 26th Mar 2014

security level is pretty high through electronic locker system. location is great!!! breakfast included!

Great hostel, especially for night life. Good facilities and cool building. Clean, well decorated, nice staff, all the basic amenities at a great price. Would stay again.

the hostel needs some major renovations!

• 10th Mar 2014

The four bed dorm was good, a little small but fine. There are lots of common areas. Breakfast wasn't amazing. Wifi was okay. Would I stay there again? There are better places to stay in Madrid.

Great hostel for this price. The only bad thing is tthere are few bathrooms, besides that it is a great hostel, well located, helpful staff and a great atmosphere, including a lot of activities, specially during the night. I definitely recommend.

Why do you use plastic dishes??

Dear, WE do use plastic dishes for security, customers use to broke cristal dishes and customers use to cut thenself, so for security we use plastic dishes, but do not worry we are recycling.... A part of that i hope you did have a good time with us. Best regards

Booked one night and ended up staying two weeks. That tells you how great the hostel is. Best value in Madrid. Location, Free Breakfast , Clean Bathrooms, Clean Kitchen , Great Atmosphere. It has everything you need and more. But what sets this hostel apart from the other ones is the friendly family vibe the hostel gives you. Add on top of that it has the BEST staff I have seen in any hostel, especially Xavier, El number 1

Awesome hostel! Free upgrade from a 10bed room to a 2bed room! Really friendly staff and good service! Printed boarding passes for us free of charge and do free Paella parties on Saturdays and free Sangria every night. Highly recommend staying here - for the price couldn't ask for anything more! :)

This hostel is great!! Very centrally located, within walking distance of many local attractions - I saw a lot and never once took the metro! The room that I stayed in, a 6 bed female, had it's own bathroom with toilet, sink, and shower, that was very convenient! Every night there was free Sangria in the kitchen as well as Paella night, one night too. I would definitely recommend this hostel for anyone that is looking for a bang for your buck!!

Well everything was good accept for the fact when a huge raging party was going on for an hour or so in a dorm with a bunch of students at 4:00 in the morning and no one at the reception did anything about it, still overall it was great.

Excellent! Very nice and helpful staff, very well located and great vibe. Only the breakfast could be a little better, but it's really worth the price.

I wouldnt recommend it at all!!

• 9th Jan 2014
  • Jordan

Dear Yazan, Waht was wrong to value us so bad? Apologise us Xavier SIMON la posada de huertas

Great hostel for such a price. The only bad point is that maybe there are few bathrooms, but in general it is a good hostel, well located, helpful staff and a great atmosphere, including a lot of activities, specially during the night. I will take it into account when returning to Madrid.

more cleaning please room temperature too high

• 1st Jan 2014

Dear custoemrs, Thanks to stay at the psoada de huertas What was wrong with the cleaning .... for the next time, you can regulate the temperature ( there is a remote on the wall) Happy years The staff

While I don't mind the odd inconvenience such as two bathrooms for an entire floor of rooms, I did notice a few things that were out of the ordinary and made the Hostel a little less worthy of the money I was paying. Since it's Madrid and the city centre, it's expected to be that bit more expensive. Still, there was only Wifi downstairs and in parts of the hallways which was just plain annoying. But if you don't mind, it doesn't matter, all the essentials were there. Free maps and breakfast!

• 31st Dec 2013

I didn't like the hostel, I think the staff is mostly rude and don't help users, but make you feel bad for asking. It's a huge hostel where the most important thing is money(as I was told when i was forced to wake up early and check out) with very poor common facilities(more a hotel lobby than a hostel), poor wifi(only in common areas) bad heating system and not a lot of hot water(be thanked if you get it in morning). I definetely wouldn't come back to this one in Madrid.

Daer Before at all apologise for this bad impresion taht you ve got from us. But let me clearify something: huge hostel, we are concidering a medium hostel. Then, the most important thing for us is the customers , money have is importance too, if we will not anymore longer open....how can you tell that money is the most important thing paying 18 euros for new years ? with free paella? with free beer game.... What was wrong with the heating? and the water? we do have 150% capicity hoter.

Would definitely stay at this hostel again! We only stayed for one night, but it was in a great location, within walking distance of the main train station (Atocha) and most of the main attractions. Very friendly staff and they provided us with basic information about Madrid, including museum times, things to see, etc. The only problem was that there were two bathrooms for an entire floor of people, but there were other bathrooms available. Overall a very enjoyable stay for a very cheap price!

It was a really nice place to stay in. The atmosphere there is calm when it needs to be calm and partying when everybody meets downstairs, but it closes early though. Hannan, at the counter, was very very welcoming and open to any sort of conversations.