La Posada de Huertas Reviews

Huertas 21, Madrid, Spain

The outlets for two of our parties beds were not working. The staff neglected to fix the problem.... Also, isn't it supposed to be a youth hostel? There should be a maximum age limit at a 'youth' hostel.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Too much noise throughout the night from other guests and no staff on the 3rd floor to ask them to quieten down or go outside.

Very central, nice establishment. Excellent for its price. Some complained that personal lights were not working and sometimes the electric outputs were located in a very awkward place. No wifi on the 3rd floor though. I had to walk down to the second floor stairs to get connected. But overall, it was a good experience. I would recommend to stay here.

There is one bathroom for ten people in the room 209, which was a bit annoying.

Dear guest, That true 209 is a 10 beds ensuite dorms, with one bathroom inside that why you do have another bathroom just outside the 209 Best regards Xavi

Was fun time staying here. Location is def great. And clean. I liked activities here.

• 14th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

The staff is good and nice and the facility is far from enough for the cooking. The hostel is very safe and the location is good. But one bad thing is the wifi is unstable. Overall, this hostel is very good. :)

The staff was SUPER awesome and friendly. They made me feel welcome and comfortable. The single person restrooms were wet and dirty like 90% of the time I tried to use them. Other than that, the hostel was great.

The hostel was a decent hostel with a great location. I liked that they gave you a bracelet as an electronic lock for your locker,rooms and hostel. It didn't have that much lounge room but there was a small main lobby. It was good for an overnight stay in Madrid.

cheers stephanieeee...... happpy newwsssss yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............2015 la posada de huertas

We stayed there twice and enjoyed both times. Staff was always very nice and helpful. The only down is the breakfast, but that seems to be the same problem in all the spanish hostels I have been to.

heyyy stefan..... many thanks to come back to the posada de huertas next time i will invite you for breakfast.... regards Xavier

The receptionists were always very friendly and everything else was very nice too. Except that my shower was cold and there was no internet in the rooms.

Heyyyy Anne, Cold shower ???? i didn t get a report of any porblem with the boiler system...seem strange ....anyway sorry for that.... internet will coming soon in all the bulding.... regards la posada de huertas

Location is perfect, middle of the city and bars, restaurants. Good area, not dangerous at all at late night. Perfect value for money plus breakfast which no one gives free. EXCELLENT! Only one bad, u can't cook, no facilities available for that and breakfast is in disposables.

There was a noisy and long fight between numerous males at 3am that moved throughout the building (including right outside my room) that lasted close to an hour. This place claims to have staff on site 24/7 and enforce quiet times however no one seemed to intervene and it made me feel unsafe sleeping on the other side of the thin wall.

I booked an 8-bed dorm for 19EUR in December. I have no major complaints. The hostel has everything a backpacker needs (good location, good connections, kitchen, friendly staff, ... ). As in most of hostels, people were quite loud at night as well as pedestrians (if your room faces to the street), so ear plugs can be a good idea. Facilities were OK, but rather deteriorating, so some remodelling to keep up value for money will be needed soon. Thanks for the paella!

Dear Alejandro, many thanks for your reviews, we are working on it....and waitin for the low season regards la posada de huertas

Best hostel in madrid. Just for my particular taste a bit too bit. Otherwhise terrific hostel

I do not know if we are the best, but we try do our best..... thank la posada

Had an unpleasant experience in the hostel due to another guest bringing a male visitor into the female dorm overnight. Despite this, the hostel is located in a very nice part of Madrid with lovely cafes and shops nearby as well as being very close to Puerta del Sol in one direction and El Parque del Retiro in the other.

Dear Genevieve, Sorry for what s happennnnn, but sometimes is hard to keep all under controlllll....anyway we do have 24/24 repcetion for any complain or problem..... regards hope to seeeee uuuu sooonnnnn

The staff was very nice and the hostal was very tidy!

• 2nd Dec 2014

Dear Abigaillll We are glad that you did have good time with us..... See uuuu sooonnnnnnn

Room was very small and run down. Uncomfortable and small beds. Generally gross. We stayed at others hostels in Spain including another hostel in Madrid on the same trip and they were all excellent and cheaper.

Clean,situation,ambient and personal. No wi fi in the rooms!!!!!

I think this is definitely the worst hostel that I’ve stayed at in 42 countries that I’ve travelled. The staff is incredibly rude, the number of beds are not the ones they say, the kitchen closes very early and they kick you out in a very rude way, there is NO wifi on the rooms, they wake you up in a nasty way, it is not cheap (15€ aprox) their locking system is bad. And their supposedly pubcraw never happened (Tuesday-Sunday).. NEVER AGAIN. Oh and the breakfast… What a horrible experience.

The staff was great, spoke both English and Spanish well, usually very friendly. The included breakfast was certainly a bonus. We arrived very early on the morning of our check-in day, as our overnight bus arrived early; the staff was very accommodating to us, allowing us to eat breakfast, store our things, use the showers, etc. The atmosphere is quite lacking. The key situation is a bit ridiculous. It's some electronic key that works 2% of the time. For the lock/key alone, I wouldn't go back.

« first « Prev 1 2 3