La Posada de Huertas Reviews

Huertas 21, Madrid, Spain

Your Hostel is nice, I will stay there again:-)

• 26th Jun 2015

Well located, sufficiently clean, good security. I was in a 12 bed dorm and it was comfortable, spacious and cool, despite the brutal heat outside. The staff were lovely and extremely helpful. I didn't do the pub crawl, but the free walking tour was great and the little events (sangria/paella) sampling were good. Overall, a solid hostel. Breakfast is basic and the wifi sketchy sometimes, but that's hostel life, really. I'd recommend it as a good place to crash after a day of running around.

Great staff, super safe and secure, clean, good bathrooms and showers, good beds, great AC in the room, good location. Free walking tour with Carlos is highly recommended, he's the man, hilarious and super knowledgeable about the incredible history of Madrid. Walking distance from the not to miss Reina Sofia museum. This is a very solid hostel overall.

• 18th Jun 2015

The location of the hostel is excellent and it has nice facilities and good cleanliness for a very good price.

Everything is good and liked the hostel location, breakfast served early morning. Young people are loud and unconsidered of others. I am assuming they are from east Europe.

You guys helped start my Camino on the right track! Thank you so much for being so accommodating.

Helpful staff, lousy wifi situation with all crowded near reception to get it. Industrial size is a bit off-putting but AC in rooms helped. Lots of kids looking to pub crawl together, etc. Breakfast rather poor even by typical hostel standards. If looking for a crash pad and nothing more in a tourist night spot, then this is just fine.

Pretty good hostel. The only thing I have to criticize are the very small toilets (felt like sitting in an airplane). Other than that, everything was good. Personal was very very friendly.

Close to everything in Madrid, met some really wonderful people there, staff were pretty helpful. The wifi only worked until the first floor, breakfast was a bit scarce, but it was a great hostel. Lots of space in the rooms.

Spent 3 nights in hostel and it was great! Constantly meeting new and interesting people because of the hostels friendly atmosphere. Very caring staff that went out of their way to help us. Would recommend the free walking tour, guide, Carlos, was very knowledgeable and funny!

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

heyyyy many thanksssss hope to see uuuuu soon.... regards La posada de huerta

Great hostel! Great atmosphere with free sangria each night to encourage people to socialise.

• 9th Jun 2015

Friendly hostel, it is quite big, so they organise different events. The atmosphere is really good, it is a good place to meet people, if you want ;). We stayed in a dorm and had the problem that uppeer beds are really unstable, maybe this is possible to improve.

Great location, nice staff

hey ... thanks for your review... Have a good one. La posada de huertas b

I enjoyed my stay at La Posada. The hostel arranges free walking tours by day and pubcrawls at night, both of which let you get to know other travellers. The bathrooms and kitchen are cleaned quite often. Kitchen has most utensils so you will not have any problem cooking food. If anything, the staff are willing to help you. Atmosphere in the common areas was very chill and the people were easy to get to know. Location is fantastic as most museums, restaurants are well within walking distance.

Very well run and organised Hostel. The location is perfect with the immediate area full of bars, restaurants you are spoilt for choice and you are still less than 10 mins from Puerta del Sol/Gran Via. Also organise by Hostel for were Tour of Madrid and various other social events. Great place to stay

• 2nd Jun 2015

hey thanks to stay a la posada de huertas. Best regards Xavier

As a first timer in the system, Ibrihim was an incredible host. I was there 6 nights and there were new things to learn every day. I am a new pensioner and not that familiar with the hostel lifestyle. After this short time, I see that I am going to really enjoy it.

Really enjoyed my stay. My only critiques would be that they kept making my friends and I move rooms randomly for what seemed like no reason. For instance, we would be switched from one 4 person room to another, even though no one proceeded to them take our old beds. It just seemed a bit annoying that we were being shuffled around for what seemed like no reason. Additionally, it was annoying that the wifi was only available in the public downstairs lobby.

• 27th May 2015

Didn't enjoy our stay here. This hostel has an electronic key system for the front door, dorm rooms and lockers but for our booking of two people they were only able to give us one key. Logistical nightmare as we often split up during the day. No apology, compensation or attempt to move to a room with more keys from staff. Start of a bad stay really. Bad wifi & wooden chair in the hall fell apart when a girl in our dorm sat on it (she weighed about 60kg!). Clean but would stay elsewhere.

The front desk staff was phenomenal! The tapas tour was cancelled during our visit, so one of the girls working gave us a map with her 5 favorite tapas bars in the city with directions and details about each. The one day we ate breakfast there, the kitchen staff was not so pleasant, but anyone can have a bad day. After a chaotic two days of missed flights and bad customer service from airlines, La Posada de Huertas was just what we needed to start our vacation on a better note.

• 25th May 2015

Had a good time. Was surprised with a smaller room, paella night, and free breakfast. The breakfast was just toast and cornflakes, but it was something. WiFi is pretty slow and spotty, like other people said. And the showers are bad. But the staff, location, and kitchen are all very nice. I would consider staying again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4