La Posada de Huertas Reviews

Huertas 21, Madrid, Spain

I had the loveliest time here. Lots of free things, great atmosphere, and helpful staff. Definitely would come back

Really good hostel, great location, nice rooms and bathroom. Staff is very helpful and funny, so there is nice atmosphere. Good quality for such a low price, moreover breakfast is not included but you can get it just for €1.5. Wifi and air conditioning was working perfectly. I would definitely come back here.

Best hostel we have stayed at on our trip so far! Awesome location, close to all the nightlife and metro. Awesome atmosphere, pub crawls, free paella night all organised by staff. Each bed had its own PowerPoint. Would stay here again if I return to Madrid.

Wifi isn't good. Staff unfriendly.

Wifi is the worst point of this hostel, only in the reception and some points at the stairs and first floor, non existent in the rooms. Other than that really good.

I walked from Estacion Sur to this hostel with a 15 kg backpack on and it was doable. Great location and close to Plaza Mayor, but for some reason I got lost every time I tried to find it without using my GPS. Very close to Real Jardin Botanico, and walking distance to everything else you could see. The staff are not very personable. But, they're very anal about who enters and even have cameras in the luggage room, so security is not an issue.

We stayed in a 12 bedded room which was a little too crowded for our liking. The other stayers were also very unfriendly and uncompromising especially in the night and morning where we do not sleep and wake up at the same time. Toilets were also a little too small and the shower doors were see through. Other than that, it was clean, convenient and safe. Staff were very friendly and helpful, suggesting places we can visit and helping us with directions. Breakfast is also included.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. I will definitely be staying again my next time in Madrid!!

Very cool, the rooms very good, cheap.

Good location within walking distance of the park and close to the metro. The hostel had a great atmosphere and was a really good place to meet other travelers. Rooms had lockers, wifi is available in the common areas and breakfast was basic but good.

It was the first time I have been to a hostel and sure it was amazing! The atmosphere is awesome and the people that I have met even more! It is something I would recommend to all!

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Portugal

great hostel, cheap, friendly staff, free sangria, lockers, computers, muy bien. except for the first day i was there, the kitchen smelled like balls, literally.

The hostel is located in an adorable street in the very centre of the city, within the walking distance from the most important sights. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There are free sightseeing tours, free paella on Saturdays and free sangria every night. All this makes it easier to meet new friendly people from all around the world. I'd definitely visit it again and I definitely recommend it!

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Serbia

Great value for money! Breakfast is super basic (toast, cereal), but free sangria every night, and common area was great for meeting people. Very friendly staff and atmosphere, good for both partying and for quiet nights. Computers free to use, and they print boarding passes free! Within 5 minutes walk of the Prado, Reina Sophia and Thyssen museums

Great hostel in the middle of the city! If you're fine with toast and cornflakes for breakfast, than it was great :D This was the cheapest night on interrail - 11€ - amazing!

Love love loved this place. AC, wifi, and the staff was just so excellent and friendly. They had suggestions for everything on things to do. Right next to the blue line so transportation is super easy to the rest of the city (buy a 10-ride always). I will definitely stay here again. Major props to Yellow Nest. :)

Staff was so kind that I could get every information from them. The atmosphere was cheerful and young travelers from all around the world were enjoying their time. Just one problem... I stayed in the 12 dorm and I kept coughing because of the air conditioner. I understand that everybody have a different preference and we were in the middle of summer, but it was too much for me. Except for that, the hostel was perfect for me. It is located in the very convenient and familiar area.

Large hostel, and nice. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean. Security was very good. Atmosphere was pleasant and it was easy to meet people.

Couldn't have asked for more at that price!

Good party hostel, activities (mostly involving Sangria) every night. The hostel itself is a little grubby, but was totally fine.