La Posada de Huertas Reviews

Huertas 21, Madrid, Spain

The hostel is in a good location, the staff members on the front desk were very good but the cleaning staff were very loud and wouldn't allow me to go to the toilet as they were cleaning it I was located on the first floor but each floor the cleaner told me to keep going to the next floor very annoying! Also keep in mind if you do not wish to party or go on the pub crawl this hostel is not for you as they make loads of noise that echoes thoughout the halls!

When I arrived there, I felt comfy from the first moment on. Staff was supernice and gave lots of advice and recommendations. Also the Free Walking Tour (with Carlos) was superinformative. Met loads of people sitting on the terrace, where it was very nice (also for breakfast). Location is perfect to check out the centre and you have everything you need. I can totally recommend to stay there!

It was the best hostel I've stayed at so far. The night receptionist was extremely helpful. Julio took us on a pub crawl, we started with 9 people, best pub crawl ever, and finished with 20+ prople. GREAT location, best price in all of Madrid and the people there had such good vibes. Great place to meet a ton of people.

• 31st Jul 2015

This hostel is a great option for seeing Madrid. In an excellent location close to all downtown sights and nightlife and with a welcoming staff that helps organize events and social gatherings. Would definitely recommend to someone traveling to Madrid in the future.

Great location. Needs more showers and toilets though because there can be a long wait at peak time.

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. The atmosphere was great and I met a lot of people. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I loved the free walking tour with Carlos, he was great! And the pub crawl with him was a lot of fun also.

A hostel for everyone. Good place to socialice, they are organising pub crawls and other activieties here everyday, but it is still quiete in the rooms and if you want to go early to bed you can do so. good location, very friendly staff, big hostel

Nice Rooms, good atmosphere, stuff always happy to help, free sangria.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Very good location! Close to the major place in the city. With AC. Nice staff. Enjoyed my stay.

Had a great stay at the hostel! Only downside are the extremly tiny toilets! Men with longer legs hardly fit in! But overall and especially for the great price per night it is very recommandable! In the middle of madrid and very clean!

Good hostel. Offered free tour, paella and sangria. Staff generally very nice. Was very loud at night but I guess you expect that central madrid on a Saturday night.

out of 10, I would give them 9. clean, excellently located, good kitchen, nice rooms, free wi fi. the only minus is occasionaly noise, like really noisy laugh, singing, screaming durig the night. during my two night stay, I was on the third floor (don't know about other floors), both nights was like that, it just has to wake you up. maybe stuff could do something about it.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Serbia

Ideal for one night, with free breakfast, free sangria after 9:30pm , free paella after 10pm and many tours and events happening daily. The location is also pretty good, close to the metro and some of the most important places in Madrid. The only bad thing was that the internet was only available at the reception and the check out is annoyingly early (10:30 am). Also you are not given any towels. Other than that, I would most probably recommend it.

The facilities seemed clean but were definitely older. My room was nice with its own bathroom and shower adjacent to the room. The location of the hostel was awesome! The hostel was only about a ten minute walk from the Prado Museum and a ten to fifteen minute walk from the Gran Via, the palace, and plenty of other Madrid sites. The staff were friendly and willing to answer any questions. Breakfast was decent but fairly average -- cereal or toast.

really interesting place. I met some awesome people here. It's great for the most part but it does have its flaws, not really a big deal though.

Place was fantastic, staff were funny the walking tour with Carlos was great. The rooms were clean and had aircon. I will be coming back next time I'm in Madrid

i had a very nice stay at this hostel,helpfull staff,the dorm i was in was quite spacious and confortable,and the patio is nice for having breakfast.but one thing i cannot understand is that they use plastic plates,cups and cutlery when serving the breakfast,it would be a nice idea to change this to produce less waste and also it would be nice to have separated rubbish bins for paper,glass,plastic and organic waste.

This place was in a great location, close to the underground so made it easy for me to get from the bus station. The kitchen is big and useful, it is clean and comfortable.

I stayed at the hostel for 2 nights. Their security is good and bathrooms are ok overall. At morning they serve breakfeast at night sangria. I definitely recommend them

The location was great because it is very close to all the historical sights. Also, the street is very quiet so one can sleep peacefully. The staff consists is very nice and helpful. I was surprised by how clean the rooms and bathrooms were. They were spotless! Also, they have A/C, which is great during the summer. I would definitely recommend this hostel.