La Posada de Huertas Reviews

Huertas 21, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

I got insulted by staff

The location was great, the rooms were spacious and airy and the beds quite comfortable. The staff were helpful, but not very friendly to non-Spanish speakers. There wasn't really a nice common area to meet people. The kitchen was fairly unpleasant, the facilities in there usually dirty and only plastic plates, bowls and cutlery provided. The bathrooms were clean but the almost clear shower screens were a bit uncomfortable.

It is for sure a good place to stay, it is clean, secure, well located... But I definitely would never come back because of the staff. From the guy from the reception to the guy who cleans the rooms, everyone would be really rude to you, specially if you dont speak Spanish. I took the stairs to go to my dorm with my 20-kilos-luggage and only after a while I realizes there was an elevator (NO ONE TOLD ME). Stuff like this happened more than one.

Dear What did happen with the staff? May be they forgot to tell you that there is a lift at check in but this day we do have 80 check in ? any way there is also advertising on the wall where are the lift, bathrooms kitchen, internet rooms...... Anyway, we are not so rude, if you willask us to get your lugage to your room, it would be pleasure for us to get your lugage to your room in case if lift if out of order.... happy news years la posada de huertas

I come back to Madrid every year and I stay at La Posada de Huertas. When I arrive I can not wait to see Erasmo, el chico francés and the rest of staff again.

• 12th Dec 2013

heyyyy grazie signorile . pero piano piano...... happy new years La posada de huertas

There is no even a soap to wash the hands in common bathrooms!

Dear Olga, WE do have the soap to wash the hands in the bathroom.... But why did you value the security : 2 we do have lockers in the rooms.... The staff 2: did you have a problem with then? What was wrong twith atmosphere ? Value for money : 16 euros the night in 4 beds droms? Cleaness : 1 how dirty was the hostel? Facilties : 2 waht do you sugest to improve our facilties. Apologise us for the soap... Regards La posada de huertas

Simply great! I stayed at la posada twice 'cause this is a great place (staff, location, security, atmosphere, value for money, facilities, cleanliness). Thanks for everything guys (Ibra and Vale), it's me, Fede, from Córdoba Argentina!

Hey Fede , Aqui todo bien, nos alegramos que la haya pasado bien con nosotros. Saludos La posada

The staff was so good since they provided us so much information about attractions, shops and restaurants. The location is quite close to the Sol square as well. It is easy for us to walk in Madrid.

• 12th Nov 2013
  • South Korea

The room was to the street so it was quite noisy, but not so terrible... the guests were really noisy and disrespectful, but that's not the hostel's fault.

We loved our stay at La Posada de Huertas! Really central and surrounded by lots of lovely restaurants and shops. The staff are really cool and helpful and there is always something on at the hostel for example, free paella!! Highly recommended - especially if you're going to Madrid for a party weekend!

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Northern Ireland

Good location, no internet in the rooms.

Great location, clean, helpful staff. Only downside was lack of lockers but would definitely recommend and stay here again.

This hostel has really nothing special. The only good thing is the location. The rooms stink, and have no windows, so they have to leave a gap open above the door, which let a lot of noise inside the bedrooms and does not help ventilate the room at all. A lot of light also enters the room, which makes it uncomfortable when trying to sleep. Staff was the less helpful I have seen, specially the guy that works the night shifts. His face has a stamped "gtfo". Wi-fi also does not work sometimes.

Had a really nice time in la posada! Very good location near everything! Thanksss

1 2 Next » last »