La Posada de Huertas Reviews

Huertas 21, Madrid, Spain

Location is perfect, middle of the city and bars, restaurants. Good area, not dangerous at all at late night. Perfect value for money plus breakfast which no one gives free. EXCELLENT! Only one bad, u can't cook, no facilities available for that and breakfast is in disposables.

There was a noisy and long fight between numerous males at 3am that moved throughout the building (including right outside my room) that lasted close to an hour. This place claims to have staff on site 24/7 and enforce quiet times however no one seemed to intervene and it made me feel unsafe sleeping on the other side of the thin wall.

I booked an 8-bed dorm for 19EUR in December. I have no major complaints. The hostel has everything a backpacker needs (good location, good connections, kitchen, friendly staff, ... ). As in most of hostels, people were quite loud at night as well as pedestrians (if your room faces to the street), so ear plugs can be a good idea. Facilities were OK, but rather deteriorating, so some remodelling to keep up value for money will be needed soon. Thanks for the paella!

Dear Alejandro, many thanks for your reviews, we are working on it....and waitin for the low season regards la posada de huertas

Best hostel in madrid. Just for my particular taste a bit too bit. Otherwhise terrific hostel

I do not know if we are the best, but we try do our best..... thank la posada

Had an unpleasant experience in the hostel due to another guest bringing a male visitor into the female dorm overnight. Despite this, the hostel is located in a very nice part of Madrid with lovely cafes and shops nearby as well as being very close to Puerta del Sol in one direction and El Parque del Retiro in the other.

Dear Genevieve, Sorry for what s happennnnn, but sometimes is hard to keep all under controlllll....anyway we do have 24/24 repcetion for any complain or problem..... regards hope to seeeee uuuu sooonnnnn

The staff was very nice and the hostal was very tidy!

• 2nd Dec 2014

Dear Abigaillll We are glad that you did have good time with us..... See uuuu sooonnnnnnn

Room was very small and run down. Uncomfortable and small beds. Generally gross. We stayed at others hostels in Spain including another hostel in Madrid on the same trip and they were all excellent and cheaper.

Clean,situation,ambient and personal. No wi fi in the rooms!!!!!

I think this is definitely the worst hostel that I’ve stayed at in 42 countries that I’ve travelled. The staff is incredibly rude, the number of beds are not the ones they say, the kitchen closes very early and they kick you out in a very rude way, there is NO wifi on the rooms, they wake you up in a nasty way, it is not cheap (15€ aprox) their locking system is bad. And their supposedly pubcraw never happened (Tuesday-Sunday).. NEVER AGAIN. Oh and the breakfast… What a horrible experience.

The staff was great, spoke both English and Spanish well, usually very friendly. The included breakfast was certainly a bonus. We arrived very early on the morning of our check-in day, as our overnight bus arrived early; the staff was very accommodating to us, allowing us to eat breakfast, store our things, use the showers, etc. The atmosphere is quite lacking. The key situation is a bit ridiculous. It's some electronic key that works 2% of the time. For the lock/key alone, I wouldn't go back.

For me Internet is basically thing, everywhere they don't tell you about internet it just works. Here they make sure that you know that they have free wifi, but it's work just in the reception. Paying 15€ for the keys is just a joke! It's better find other hostel!!

wonderful

The staff was always friendly when there was a question and helped in the best way. The Location is really good, Close to the centre and many things to visit.

• 3rd Nov 2014

I got what I paid for. It was a great location yes but there was no wifi except on the ground floor. The rooms were also a tight squeeze--it seemed like there were more bunkbeds squeezed into a space than necessary. The fob lockers and door system was a pleasant surprise though.

This is a very good hostel and I will definitely be staying here again when a different friend of mine comes to visit Madrid. yes, it is not right on Sol, but it is only a ten minute walk if that, in a very nice area, and it is a very nice hostel. I already had lots of plans, but they had so many activities planned to keep you busy and feel like you were in Spain if you were short of a plan or two

We spent just over three weeks in this hostel and absolutely loved it! The location was great, less than a 10 minute walk from Sol! The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially Ibrahim behind reception! We'll miss you :-) The hostel was always spotless and the cleaners were very hardworking and friendly! Free sangria every night and free Paella Saturday nights, this place is great! Would definitely recommend it!

Clean and tidy but very noisy and only wifi in the small reception area

Everything is great. The only thing could be improved is the facility of the shower room. It would be better to concern more of the privacy. I don't like being naked in front of others.

Smelly! Several rooms had no windows, and others in the room turned off the (not very noisy) a/c. Awoke to the smell of feet every morning. Breakfast is basic but ok. Lock system neat.

• 30th Sep 2014

WIfi didn't work anywhere but the reception, some sort of stain on my blanket (chocolate or blood?).