La Posada de Huertas Reviews

Huertas 21, Madrid, Spain

I probably averaged 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night at this place due to the rowdy people on my floor. Also having the go downstairs to get wifi is a pain. the room was unbearably hot too.

I just want to thank the Staff for their polite gesture, respectful, loving and kind atmosphere.

Great people at this hostel! Location is great- hostel is not the nicest but it's a place to sleep! Would totally recommend though! DO THE PUBCRAWL!

The location is great, only a 5-10 min walk to Sol, and there's nearby metro stations. Restaurants, convenience stores and take away stores all close. My only complaint would be with the communal showers. Some of the shower doors have gaps that people can see into and there isn't an area where you can get undressed/dressed is the shower area. You have to do that in the toilets opposite. Apart from that i would still recommend this hostel, just try to use the ensuite shower/toilets on each floor.

Great value for one night. Staff were friendly and efficient. Wifi was only in the main area not in the rooms.

One of my best experiences in a YH! Very welcoming staff, great breakfast, cheap rooms and clean bathrooms! My spot when I'll go back in Madrid! There you you can enjoy Free tours to visit and discover the old town centre, with a local guide, everyday in the summer! You should go!

I had the loveliest time here. Lots of free things, great atmosphere, and helpful staff. Definitely would come back

Really good hostel, great location, nice rooms and bathroom. Staff is very helpful and funny, so there is nice atmosphere. Good quality for such a low price, moreover breakfast is not included but you can get it just for €1.5. Wifi and air conditioning was working perfectly. I would definitely come back here.

Best hostel we have stayed at on our trip so far! Awesome location, close to all the nightlife and metro. Awesome atmosphere, pub crawls, free paella night all organised by staff. Each bed had its own PowerPoint. Would stay here again if I return to Madrid.

Wifi isn't good. Staff unfriendly.

Wifi is the worst point of this hostel, only in the reception and some points at the stairs and first floor, non existent in the rooms. Other than that really good.

I walked from Estacion Sur to this hostel with a 15 kg backpack on and it was doable. Great location and close to Plaza Mayor, but for some reason I got lost every time I tried to find it without using my GPS. Very close to Real Jardin Botanico, and walking distance to everything else you could see. The staff are not very personable. But, they're very anal about who enters and even have cameras in the luggage room, so security is not an issue.

We stayed in a 12 bedded room which was a little too crowded for our liking. The other stayers were also very unfriendly and uncompromising especially in the night and morning where we do not sleep and wake up at the same time. Toilets were also a little too small and the shower doors were see through. Other than that, it was clean, convenient and safe. Staff were very friendly and helpful, suggesting places we can visit and helping us with directions. Breakfast is also included.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. I will definitely be staying again my next time in Madrid!!

Very cool, the rooms very good, cheap.

Good location within walking distance of the park and close to the metro. The hostel had a great atmosphere and was a really good place to meet other travelers. Rooms had lockers, wifi is available in the common areas and breakfast was basic but good.

It was the first time I have been to a hostel and sure it was amazing! The atmosphere is awesome and the people that I have met even more! It is something I would recommend to all!

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Portugal

great hostel, cheap, friendly staff, free sangria, lockers, computers, muy bien. except for the first day i was there, the kitchen smelled like balls, literally.

The hostel is located in an adorable street in the very centre of the city, within the walking distance from the most important sights. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There are free sightseeing tours, free paella on Saturdays and free sangria every night. All this makes it easier to meet new friendly people from all around the world. I'd definitely visit it again and I definitely recommend it!

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Serbia

Great value for money! Breakfast is super basic (toast, cereal), but free sangria every night, and common area was great for meeting people. Very friendly staff and atmosphere, good for both partying and for quiet nights. Computers free to use, and they print boarding passes free! Within 5 minutes walk of the Prado, Reina Sophia and Thyssen museums