La Posada de Huertas Reviews

Huertas 21, Madrid, Spain

very basic.

There was a noisy and long fight between numerous males at 3am that moved throughout the building (including right outside my room) that lasted close to an hour. This place claims to have staff on site 24/7 and enforce quiet times however no one seemed to intervene and it made me feel unsafe sleeping on the other side of the thin wall.

I booked an 8-bed dorm for 19EUR in December. I have no major complaints. The hostel has everything a backpacker needs (good location, good connections, kitchen, friendly staff, ... ). As in most of hostels, people were quite loud at night as well as pedestrians (if your room faces to the street), so ear plugs can be a good idea. Facilities were OK, but rather deteriorating, so some remodelling to keep up value for money will be needed soon. Thanks for the paella!

Dear guest, many thanks for your reviews, we are working on it....and waitin for the low season regards la posada de huertas

Best hostel in madrid. Just for my particular taste a bit too bit. Otherwhise terrific hostel

I do not know if we are the best, but we try do our best..... thank la posada

Had an unpleasant experience in the hostel due to another guest bringing a male visitor into the female dorm overnight. Despite this, the hostel is located in a very nice part of Madrid with lovely cafes and shops nearby as well as being very close to Puerta del Sol in one direction and El Parque del Retiro in the other.

Dear, Sorry for what s happennnnn, but sometimes is hard to keep all under controlllll....anyway we do have 24/24 repcetion for any complain or problem..... regards hope to seeeee uuuu sooonnnnn

The staff was very nice and the hostal was very tidy!

• 2nd Dec 2014

Dear guest, We are glad that you did have good time with us..... See uuuu sooonnnnnnn

Room was very small and run down. Uncomfortable and small beds. Generally gross. We stayed at others hostels in Spain including another hostel in Madrid on the same trip and they were all excellent and cheaper.

Clean,situation,ambient and personal. No wi fi in the rooms!!!!!

I think this is definitely the worst hostel that I’ve stayed at in 42 countries that I’ve travelled. The staff is incredibly rude, the number of beds are not the ones they say, the kitchen closes very early and they kick you out in a very rude way, there is NO wifi on the rooms, they wake you up in a nasty way, it is not cheap (15€ aprox) their locking system is bad. And their supposedly pubcraw never happened (Tuesday-Sunday).. NEVER AGAIN. Oh and the breakfast… What a horrible experience.

The staff was great, spoke both English and Spanish well, usually very friendly. The included breakfast was certainly a bonus. We arrived very early on the morning of our check-in day, as our overnight bus arrived early; the staff was very accommodating to us, allowing us to eat breakfast, store our things, use the showers, etc. The atmosphere is quite lacking. The key situation is a bit ridiculous. It's some electronic key that works 2% of the time. For the lock/key alone, I wouldn't go back.

1 2 3 Next » last »