La Posada de Huertas Reviews

Huertas 21, Madrid, Spain

As a first timer in the system, Ibrihim was an incredible host. I was there 6 nights and there were new things to learn every day. I am a new pensioner and not that familiar with the hostel lifestyle. After this short time, I see that I am going to really enjoy it.

Very nice hostel. Quite big rooms. The staff were excellent!!

Really enjoyed my stay. My only critiques would be that they kept making my friends and I move rooms randomly for what seemed like no reason. For instance, we would be switched from one 4 person room to another, even though no one proceeded to them take our old beds. It just seemed a bit annoying that we were being shuffled around for what seemed like no reason. Additionally, it was annoying that the wifi was only available in the public downstairs lobby.

• 27th May 2015

Didn't enjoy our stay here. This hostel has an electronic key system for the front door, dorm rooms and lockers but for our booking of two people they were only able to give us one key. Logistical nightmare as we often split up during the day. No apology, compensation or attempt to move to a room with more keys from staff. Start of a bad stay really. Bad wifi & wooden chair in the hall fell apart when a girl in our dorm sat on it (she weighed about 60kg!). Clean but would stay elsewhere.

bar crawls dope

The front desk staff was phenomenal! The tapas tour was cancelled during our visit, so one of the girls working gave us a map with her 5 favorite tapas bars in the city with directions and details about each. The one day we ate breakfast there, the kitchen staff was not so pleasant, but anyone can have a bad day. After a chaotic two days of missed flights and bad customer service from airlines, La Posada de Huertas was just what we needed to start our vacation on a better note.

• 25th May 2015

Had a good time. Was surprised with a smaller room, paella night, and free breakfast. The breakfast was just toast and cornflakes, but it was something. WiFi is pretty slow and spotty, like other people said. And the showers are bad. But the staff, location, and kitchen are all very nice. I would consider staying again.

My experience has been totally good: the staff was very kind and willingful, the structure was good and well located, with safes and all the necessary to protect belongings... Clean, and a very good value for money, including also the breakfast. Some events are also organised by the hostel, like the free sangria or free paella, and that's great! The only thing to improve is the internet connection, that is reaching only until the first floor.

Thank you so much for this stay! I had an amazing time! Definitely coming back someday! wifi in the rooms would be great ;)

The hostel is located almost in the city center, at the street with many bars and clubs. It's a very typical youth hostel with a lot of young people, which explains why this place was relatively loud. Wifi is free and covers almost all of the hostel. At the reception desk I got bedsheets and wasn't lead to my room by anyone from the staff. When I entered the room I had difficulties recognizing which bed is free because all of them looked taken. Does anyone from the staff check the rooms?

Dear, Thanks to stay at the posada de huertas. All the beds are with number asocited with the keys....things is all the customers want lower beds. best regards La posada de huertas

no WiFi in room. and, although the guests have to make bed, the hostel doesn't even seem to try to make the bed less dirty and disgusting.

Dear Customer, HOw can you say that we do not have wifi? Then cleaning service does make the beds....dirty? customer change linen every 3 days, digusting? why? regards La posada de huertas

It's located in a very good location and with a very reasonable price and breakfast included. Don't forget the free Pealla night and Sangria game. But the shower room and toilet are tiny. And suggest not to use so many disposable cutleries during the breakfast time.

tahnks to stay at the posada de huertas. The disposbale cutleries go to recycle then. Best regards La posada de huertas

Had so much fun staying here! There was a free walking tour (the guide was so fun and it was so helpful), free paella on saturday nights, and the pub crawl was fantastic. The location couldn't be better, you're within walking distance of everything!

• 14th May 2015

it was a great place to stay. i loved the activities they put on, such as the bar crawl, free paellas, and the free walking tour.

• 14th May 2015

The location is great. A lot of activities. Easy to make friends. The security is really good.

Love this hostel with awesome and friendly staff , we wish we could stay here longer but a group of small little kid were checking in ....

The staff was extremely helpful and always willing to go out of their way to offer their assistance. The facilities was super clean and right in the center of the city. Would definitely stay again!

Walking in, we weren't expecting much. The staff were nice, especially Valentina, but the common area isn't very conducive to meeting new travelers. That's not to say there isn't a backpacker vibe. It's definitely there, but the lack of age restrictions meant large groups of school-age kids and older people staying as well. Regardless, we had a great time cooking nice meals with other travelers in the well-stocked kitchen and met many cool people.

Dear guest, We did the booking with an travel agency and we didnt know that was for the kids....but can travel too...... regards

Bed is very noisy and I can't move a little bit made me very stressful The door of bathroom need to be improved

Arrived early in the morning but was offered to put our bags away and a washroom to shower and get ready in. We also had breakfast even if we weren't checked in. Basic breakfast but it was perfect! Very nice people and good location!