La Posada de Huertas Reviews

Huertas 21, Madrid, Spain

This was a great place! I loved the atmosphere and the age group around me. Made friends! Great central location in Madrid. A little loud at night but that's spain for you. It was definitely worth my time and money!

The hostel is good, great location, very clean but the bad thing is the atmosphere, too many people living there and the shared place is not very good.

Nice hostel, the facilities and rooms were clean and well kept. No wifi in rooms which was kinda annoying, the breakfast is kinda disappointing (cereal, toasts, jam and coffee). Staff was generally friendly. There is no bar in the hostel, but there's always someone hanging out in the common area so just grab some beer from the store and you're set.

Tha hostel is okay, and the security sistem with the lockers is great. The walls are ridiculosly thin, it could be annoying if you are not used to this noise.

Only here for one night, seemed okay. For the price and location you cant go wrong. Staff were really nice and helpful but I can't imagine anyone getting any sleep at this hostel and I'd definitely question the cleanliness...

We had a lovely stay at this hostel. We were only there for one night, a Monday, and we can imagine it would get fairly loud on a Friday or Saturday night, as the halls have a lot of echo. The front desk staff was so lovely and helpful. Breakfast was basic, but free! It's definitely more of a young people hostel. Would stay again.

Had a great time, only anniying thing was the wifi was on the groud fkoor only

Compare this place to Room007 (which was only €1 more per night for 4 bed ensuite dorm) and you'll see what a rip off this place is. Stayed in a 10 bed dorm for €24. Breakfast was pretty terrible - cornflakes & toast. Had guys coming in at 4am turning lights on and talking / laughing after being out on the hostel's pub crawl. Only 2 toilet / showers per floor. Lobby is horrible looking I thought I was in the wrong place. Wifi doesnt work in rooms. Badly needs updating & investment. Go elsewhere!

Cheap in a pretty good location. Stayed two nights pub crawl was canceled both nights but for some reason everyone was having their own rave parties in their own rooms so no one got any sleep was so loud

Very hard for a solo traveller to make friends unless you're lucky and have good people in your room. Everyone spoke Spanish and not many spoke English

Noisy at night after midnight. More attention needs to be focused on noisy guests

Overall decent hostel, you get what you pay for. Great location. Everything was pretty clean, lockers in the rooms, plugs by every bed. Front desk staff was nice. Each floor has 3-4 toilets and showers per gender, except my floor only had 2 bathrooms total. But they were private which was nice. Although I ended up going downstairs to use the other toilets which are tiny. Wifi only works in the lobby. Cons: Wifi only worked in the lobby and doors were a bit tricky to use. Also my floor only

Good hostel , they have free wine at night

very noisy street so bring your earplugs, but bars enough to go to get a pequeña :)

This is a party hostel. If peace and tranquility is what you desire, look elsewhere. It's a *fun* party hostel, though. Pub crawl with Julio was entertaining, and Ibrahim(?) at the front desk was super friendly and helpful. Also, these guys have the best clothes dryer I've ever used in my life. Seriously, my clothes were bone dry, and still warm after a night. It's the little things. The WiFi is broken - not OK! All the routers are running on the same channel and stepping on each other.

thank to stay at theposada de huertas.....for internet we are working on it to imporve it.... regards la posada de huertas

Great location.

I liked this hostel and it was in a very central location. staff were friendly, wifi could be better

Beautifully located hostel minutes away from the sights of Madrid. The hostel does everything they can to involve their tenants, including a free walking tour led by Carlos (an absolute must! He's so funny and engaging) and a pub crawl as well. I don't drink but I went on the pub crawl and had SO much fun! If I ever come back to Madrid I hope La Posada has a place for me!

thank to stay with us.... see u soon...

Great hostel, excellent location, nice staff, good security, clean facilities, good value for money. The showers ran cold water, but otherwise no complaints. Would recommend!

I enjoyed staying at this hostel. It was in a central location and the staff were very helpful. My only complaint has to do with some of the other travelers, not the hostel in itself. My first night there, a few travelers came back very late at night/early morning and they were exceptionally loud. After some time, the receptionist did come and quiet them down. I suppose it may helpful if the hostel some how enforced a more strict policy on noise levels late at night. Other than that, it was good

• 25th Sep 2015