La Posada de Huertas Reviews

Huertas 21, Madrid, Spain

The staff is very helpful and they are always busy working and cleaning. A lot of people stay there at the same time so I understand that the bathrooms can't be perfectly clean. I felt safe and nothing was stolen from me. I ill definitely stay her again when I go back to Madrid.

The wifi at this place is atrocious. You have to be in the lobby to use it. On top of that, they sell your information to a 3rd party - it is disclosed on a paper they hand out when you check in. Got a lot of random emails after staying there. That said, good location, just don't stick around the hostel much.

It was a pleasant, great stay. The bunk beds kind of shake a lot at night, but other than that everything else was fine !

This hostel was pretty good. Very noisy at night - Madrid is the party place though so it is as expected I guess. And the wifi only works in the reception area. Breakfast was nothing special I would probably stay here again as the price is good

La Posada de Huertas is a lively hostel in a great location at a great price. You could hear the people on the streets below at night, but it didn't bother me. There were lots of people hanging out, so this is a good place to meet people.

Good hostel for the price

Good location! Average hostel - it did the job :)

• 10th Sep 2015

Carlos, the walking tour guy, was great !

• 8th Sep 2015

Location is great, very helpful staff, but in any terms is a noisy place! People seems to don't respect that..there's a night! Playing parting all night long! There's a noise from the street as well..

Awful! No proper common room to meet people, No WIFI in most of the hostel, this is very bad, i've never not had WIFI in a hostel before! Staff at reception would bring their kids in and be screaming at them at the top of their voice, disturbing everyone. A lot of backpackers complained about a cleaner whistling all day, may be ok for one day but after two days is really annoying, maybe not for Spanish people but other Europeans it is. Not enough showers and toilets for everyone to use.

Cheap but not always clean in the bathrooms. Gets very loud at night due to location.

I probably averaged 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night at this place due to the rowdy people on my floor. Also having the go downstairs to get wifi is a pain. the room was unbearably hot too.

I just want to thank the Staff for their polite gesture, respectful, loving and kind atmosphere.

Great people at this hostel! Location is great- hostel is not the nicest but it's a place to sleep! Would totally recommend though! DO THE PUBCRAWL!

The location is great, only a 5-10 min walk to Sol, and there's nearby metro stations. Restaurants, convenience stores and take away stores all close. My only complaint would be with the communal showers. Some of the shower doors have gaps that people can see into and there isn't an area where you can get undressed/dressed is the shower area. You have to do that in the toilets opposite. Apart from that i would still recommend this hostel, just try to use the ensuite shower/toilets on each floor.

Great value for one night. Staff were friendly and efficient. Wifi was only in the main area not in the rooms.

One of my best experiences in a YH! Very welcoming staff, great breakfast, cheap rooms and clean bathrooms! My spot when I'll go back in Madrid! There you you can enjoy Free tours to visit and discover the old town centre, with a local guide, everyday in the summer! You should go!

I had the loveliest time here. Lots of free things, great atmosphere, and helpful staff. Definitely would come back

Really good hostel, great location, nice rooms and bathroom. Staff is very helpful and funny, so there is nice atmosphere. Good quality for such a low price, moreover breakfast is not included but you can get it just for €1.5. Wifi and air conditioning was working perfectly. I would definitely come back here.

Best hostel we have stayed at on our trip so far! Awesome location, close to all the nightlife and metro. Awesome atmosphere, pub crawls, free paella night all organised by staff. Each bed had its own PowerPoint. Would stay here again if I return to Madrid.