La Provinciana Hostel

• ellaroche5985
  • New Zealand, Female, 25-30
20th Aug 2017
7.4

Nice modern hostel with a kitchen, pool and Netflix. Lovely staff though hard to find sometimes when you need them. Good lockers that you can put your whole backpack in, and the AC goes 24/7! Only downsides were that the fridge was broken and stunk, hard to learn about tourist activities there, and the atmosphere was dry. Not the place to go if you want to meet people and have a good time, but a very nice hostel all the same.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
30th Jul 2017

The hostel was in a great location, about 50m from the bus stop and a 5 minute walk to the beach. The owner was VERY nice but brush up on your Spanish before talking to the other workers. Great pool and decent rooms for a good price! I would come here again!

29th Jul 2017

Ivan is the most friendly and helpful hostel owner I have met. He seriously puts in the extra mile to make sure you are comfortable. He speaks English really well and can help you figure out whatever adventure you need to set up. There are massive lockers that you can fit your entire backpack in. You can buy beers and water at the bar. There is a nice pool to cool off in. It is located within some walls so it feels safe. The only downside is that the kitchen is a bit sparse.

• Norway, Couple, 25-30
27th Jul 2017
5.4

Fridge is not working. Kitchen is a mess. The door to our dormitory was scraping along the floor when opened. No staff attends the reception between midnight and 7:30 - horrible. Tip for taganga: There are lots of better hostels. Dont waste time on this one

17th Jul 2017

We booked the suite and the room is simply amazing!It feels like your own little appartment, there is a nice pool to use & Ivan,the owner is super service oriented and wants you to enjoy your stay. However, unfortunately, this was not true for the rest of the staff. They were lazy and incompetent,watching Netflix all day, no one at the reception,gave us wrong information and we always felt like we bothered them if they had to open the door... That ruined the atmosphere,but the hostel is perfect.

• busseeric4649
  • Germany, Mixed Group, 31-40
12th Jul 2017
8.0

I just want to rate this hostel because it is not a 10 - the rating it had when we booked it. From what I've heard it probably one of the best hostels in Taganga but still nothing special in itself. The owner Ivan is nice and knows everything; however, we only saw him for a couple of minutes. All the other times we had to deal with cleaning ladies that didn't really know how to answer our questions. Also there is a jacuzzi on the pictures but I doubt it is ever in use or has worked at some point

• USA, Male, 18-24
11th Jul 2017

The best hostel experience I have yet to date. Ivan, the owner, is super helpful and fun to talk to. The two housekeepers are gems. They made me a broth when I came down with food poisoning. The hostel is super clean and A/C is on at all times. It is a great place to cool off and use the pool or chill out and watch Netflix. I found it to be the perfect hostel to use as I did my open water scuba certification. It is a must stay if you are in the area!!

• Israel, Female, 18-24
5th Jul 2017

Ivan is the best owner i had in my trip so far! He will help you with everything you need. A way to somewhere\find a flight\help you when you seek! Every time that i wasn't there for one night he saved a bed for me when I'm back. The hostel is clean there is just a little bit weird smell in the toilet. You have netflix to relax and a pool which is very clean. If I will be back to Colombia\Taganga i wil definitely sleep there again. It was like a home for me 2 weeks and i will never forget!

• Portugal, Female, 25-30
3rd Jul 2017

Lovely place with friendly and super helpful staff. The air conditioned rooms are perfect since it's so hot and the pool area with bar is amazing. Great location. Just to note there is no hot shower but this is pretty much everywhere. Also we had booked 4 nights and our room was never cleaned. I'm assuming this is due to low season and less staff but nevertheless the bedding was clean. Amazing TV with Netflix. Kitchen not the best equipped but lots of great places to eat in the small town.

27th Jun 2017

This is officially my favorite hostel of all time. You simply feel at home. Comfy beds with AC running all day. Well equipped kitchen and a huge TV with Netflix. Of course the pool is a great sized pool and very clean. My favorite part of this hostel is the owner Ivan and the way he reaches out to help constantly. Always making sure his guests are satisfied and will go so out of his way to help you.