8.7
8.7
Fabulous 562 Total Reviews

• South Africa, Male, 31-40
11th Sep 2017

My stay was enjoyable. Good if you travelling on a budget and Yvette was very helpful.

• England, Male, 25-30
8th Sep 2017

Our stay at La Sienna was fantastic. It was a great value for money and the location was perfect. I would say La Sienna was more like a guest house instead of a hostel. Ms.Yvette was a wonderful hostess and she gave us all the information we needed. To get downtown you can get the A express train from 125th street to 42nd street which is the closest stop to Times Square. The subway station (125th street) is literally a 5 minute walk from La Sienna which is perfect for the location.

• USA, Couple, 41+
30th Aug 2017

We loved staying in La Sienna! It felt like having our own beautiful heritage brownstone in the historic heart of Harlem. Yvette made us feel very comfortable, and provided helpful information about where to eat. The A Line subway was nearby on 125th Street - about a 5 minute walk away. This was a fantastic location for adventuring out into any part of NYC. A fantastic value for such first-rate accommodations with such a delightful hostess!

• South Africa, Female, 25-30
9th Aug 2017
2.9

The lady that runs the hostel seemed very nice when we checked in. But then after I smoked outside the hostel(there's a ashtray on the steps.she accused me of smoking inside the hostel. She banged on our door the next morning saying why did she find my hair in the shower. I didn't even wash my hair.she treated me like a child. Accused me of doing something I didn't do. I have never stayed in such a bad place. Didn't have hot water upstairs, TV only Spanish Channel, remote not work and also light

I asked it she smoked and she said no. She was smoking in the room so I knocked not banged on the door. She was kindly told that she would lose her deposit. She left large clumps of red hair in the drain and would not flush the toilet. I had to check in people and move them to another floor to avoid problems. There is always hot water if it is not on one floor then it would not be on any of the floors. If the light did not work why didn't she say anything. I check it and it is working. The TV has several channels but. sometimes people change the setting on the remote control but it could have easily been fixed. Our number one rule is to be considerate of others.

• darryl_poi4312
  • New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
25th Jul 2017

Our stay was amaizing our host was helpful and lovely nice clean facilities easy to get to train station to go to maddison square n downtown great location the people of harlem are amazing n respectful lovely people , One if the best part of our time was riding the bikes that the hostel had through central park and then to maddison square and back , we will love to come back and stay any time we highly recommend it to everyone

• Lithuania, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
17th Jul 2017
6.9

It's a good deal for the price.

• England, Male, 25-30
7th Jul 2017

A rare find - decent accommodation at a reasonable price in Manhattan. Exceptionally friendly neighbourhood, great affordable food and drinks options around, friendly and knowledgeable host. Don't expect anything fancy - but this is a clean, well-furnished (with original period items), quiet place to call home for your stay. 5 minutes walk from the Subway, 15 minutes walk to Metro North.

1st Jul 2017

Great price for a great location. Only a short 5 min walk to the subway. Clean rooms, showers, etc. Perfect if you want to spend time in Manhattan/Brooklyn but don't want to spend the money to stay there.

• Tayko
  • USA, Female, 18-24
21st Jun 2017

I had a wonderful time staying here. Ms. Yvette was a great hostess, she even sent an email with a complete list of great placeI specifically planned this trip so I could hit the garment district and she was happy to point out exactly where we needed to go. She even sent an email with a complete list of great places to eat. Only a five minute walk from the 125th street station. Def. recommend this place to stay and will be back for my planned trip in October!!

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
17th Jun 2017

Lady who works there very friendly and helpful. Great location. Old building but was very clean.

×