La Sienna Reviews

241 West 123rd Street, New York, USA

Perfect location in harlem. Two blocks from the 125th station which brings you downtown very fast with the express trains. (A C E line). Excellent coffe and tea shop around the corner!

This is the second time I spend some days at La Sienna and I will definitely go back there. I really like the atmosphere. Yvette is a very kind person and she is always helping you and giving you advice. La sienna is located near of the bus stop to laguardia airport and near of 2 metro stations. There is a lot of good places around the hostel. I really enjoy spending my vacations there.

We stayed at La Sienna with a group of twelve friends, so we occupied almost all rooms and we were able to share the kitchens and bathrooms. Yvette was a wonderful host: she made us feel at home immediately and she helped us tremendously by supplying breakfast stuff. If we visit NY again, we will definitely stay at La Sienna. The neighbourhood is safe, and the subway station 125th Street (express line A) is only 5 minutes away from La Sienna.

I liked Harlem. La Sienna was great value, clean, comfortably furnished & secure. The location was convenient to subway, buses, shops & attractions. Yvette was always there to meet & greet, very helpful with local information & proved to be a great host. Thank you Bronwyn.

• 22nd Sep 2014

La Sienna is absolutely great value for money! It is very close to the subway line which goes express to downtown but in a nice quiet and safe neighbourhood with shops, banks, pharmacies all nearby. Our room was spacious, very nicely decorated and very clean. Yvette was friendly, very helpful and full of advice on NYC like where to eat, how to get around etc. I would highly recommend staying here and I will again when visiting New York.

Old furniture but very well maintained. Recommended to everybody who not want to spent even more money in this expensive city :-) would go there every time again!!

• 5th Sep 2014

The furniture is not old it is called antique or retro with a tiny touch of modern. This building is about 104 yrs old with the original moldings. The building has details and so does the furniture.

Very affordable, nice and cozy hostel. We really enjoyed our stay in La Sienna, and were surprised how easy it was to get to Manhattan, since the nearest subway station is only 5 minutes walk away. The owner Yvette is a lovely lady, who made us feel welcomed right away and gave us some restaurant and subway tips. The only thing we didn't like about the hostel was that the rooms had no air conditioning. But overall a really nice place to stay, and definitely one of the cheapest options :)

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Finland

I stayed here as a female 22yo solo traveller from AUS and loved it. Yvette was a very lovely and warm host had gone to much effort to help me with transport to the airport. Loved Yvette and her dog Bailey! The house is a gorgeous brownstone townhouse with 3 storeys. Truly an authentic NY feel.My room was very gorgeous, 'old-style' but in the best way possible - it suited the brownstone townhouse. Only felt unsafe returning after a night out alone at 2am.During 'sociable' hours, I was fine!

• 5th Aug 2014

The place was a bit quirky but I peraoally really liked it. The area is a full of latin and african american people, very lively and authentic. The lady at the hostel was very nice and helpful, although at the beginning there was a little misunderstanding with the arrival time and she cancelled our booking. Luckily evrything was sorted quite quickly. The hostal is very well equipped, but the toilets could have been cleaner. Quick express metro train to center.Overall good value for money!

The toilets are cleaned several times a day by hand. I never used a mop. However sometimes a person may use the toilet before you and is not so considerate.

Great, affordable accomodation in New York! Really well equipped and very clean. Since it is not an official hostel, don't be suprised about the absence of any sign at the street (just know the house number!) and that you might need to wait a bit until your knocking at the door is heard...) Yvette suggested that when you are going to stay as a single person, just tell her in advance and she will try to swap some rooms so that you don't need to pay the biggest, most expensive double room.

• 18th Jul 2014

We loved our stay at La Sienna! The owner is lovely and made our stay a pleasure. Our room was beautiful, extremely clean and gorgeously furnished. La Sienna is extremely accessible through the subway making travel through the city a breeze. Definitely a great price for the location and quality of the room! If catching a taxi to this location definitely know the cross street for the taxi to take you to (8th Avenue & W.123rd.) as we were taken to East 123rd late at night which was eye-opening.

We stayed for 3 nights. When we checked in the owner said it was overbooked so we need to change to down grade room with refund some. OK we choose it. The room was 3rd fl. It was so noisy from morning because there was construction next to window. just 2m from the window, many people walk and use noisy machines from 8am. dusts come to inside room. about Internet, we couldnt use wifi by iPhone coz the wifi router is at 1st fl. owner tried to do best to fix but we both couldnt use wifi at all.

• 8th Jul 2014

Yes I did have an overbooking for the Studio so I gave them a substantial discount for a room. I also gave them the option to go somewhere else if they were not happy. This is New York and there is always construction going on somewhere. Also we have many people walking around the city all hours of the night and yes during the day there are many people. I have had problems with this internet provider and currently looking for another.

View all New York Bed and Breakfasts