La Sienna Reviews

241 West 123rd Street, New York, USA

Yvette is a great host and her home is lovely. Harlem is a great neighbourhood and it is quick and easy to get to central manhattan. Highly recommended

This little hotel/hostel is located in a great area, near the A-train, good restaurants, delis and bars. Our room was cosy and of a good size. The place felt very safe. Comfortable beds

Very relaxed and peaceful place to stay.

Freunde hatten uns "La Sienna" empfohlen, und wir haben es nicht bereut... Friends recommended "La Sienna" and we didn't regret it... Yvette was very good company, clear, caring and helpful with all questions, we liked the style of the house, and the fact that it is in steady progress, it was a nice neighbourhood and fairly close to the Station of Harlem from where we could go everywhere. A+S

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Nice surrounding, if you don't want to see the usual Downtown-Manhattan-Stuff... A movie theatre right in the neighbourhood, Popeye's, Subways and Kennedy's Fried Chicken (yeah, Kennedy is right) just around the corner... With Express-trains A or 2 you can be at Penn-Station within less than15 mins. You'll enjoy your stay, if you don't want to see NYC like every tourist. A very friendly and helpful host and you'll get your sleep, if you need. LA SIENNA = the quietest place, I ever slept in NY.

I didn't have any bad experience, but I feel like you could get much more from your money. The location is not exactly centric or nice, the building is old, and the rooms are small.

Where in New York do you get to stay in manhattan for $68 and have a private room. Free coffee, tea and WIfi. The building is called prewar and has original moldiing. If you want modern setting this is not it. He probably booked without looking at the pictures. Nothing is misrepresented. I asked how he was doing, make sure he had enough heat. But he never spoke up. Once he saw the room he could have walked out. Instead he internalized everything and took it out on his comments.

Yvette was very helpful and accommodating. We had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. The location is ideal with a very short walk to the subway station, Harlem shops on 125th, supermarket and food as well as it being a very short distance on the subway to Manhatten and away from all of the crowds in Manhatten. Only very minor complaint was that sometimes the wifi didn't work and other nights it worked fine.

This small hostel is located in south Harlem. It is directly located to a metro station, so you can reach the center of Manhattan within 15min taking the express metro. We stayed in the middle floor. There is a small kitchen you share with the other people in that floor. The same is for the bathroom. Our room itself was small and had bad air. The bed is directly next to the heater. When the heater was off, it got cold in the night, when it was switched on, it got very hot. OK for a short trip.

They booked a share kitchen and bathroom not private. It is made clear on the website. I always tell my guests if something is not right please let me know and allow me the opportunity to make it right. . If you are cold speak up. If the bathroom is not clean please let me know right away The rooms and bathrooms are steamed cleaned at a high temperature to disinfect all othe the rooms and beddings and my toilets sparkle. This is your vacation please speak up.

Perfect location in harlem. Two blocks from the 125th station which brings you downtown very fast with the express trains. (A C E line). Excellent coffe and tea shop around the corner!

This is the second time I spend some days at La Sienna and I will definitely go back there. I really like the atmosphere. Yvette is a very kind person and she is always helping you and giving you advice. La sienna is located near of the bus stop to laguardia airport and near of 2 metro stations. There is a lot of good places around the hostel. I really enjoy spending my vacations there.

So helpful, really nice caretaker, best value for the money in Manhattan. Right near the Apollo theater and really close to the subway. Very homey, access to shared kitchen. Sweet cats and dog. Great for couples

We stayed at La Sienna with a group of twelve friends, so we occupied almost all rooms and we were able to share the kitchens and bathrooms. Yvette was a wonderful host: she made us feel at home immediately and she helped us tremendously by supplying breakfast stuff. If we visit NY again, we will definitely stay at La Sienna. The neighbourhood is safe, and the subway station 125th Street (express line A) is only 5 minutes away from La Sienna.

I liked Harlem. La Sienna was great value, clean, comfortably furnished & secure. The location was convenient to subway, buses, shops & attractions. Yvette was always there to meet & greet, very helpful with local information & proved to be a great host. Thank you Bronwyn.

• 22nd Sep 2014

La Sienna is absolutely great value for money! It is very close to the subway line which goes express to downtown but in a nice quiet and safe neighbourhood with shops, banks, pharmacies all nearby. Our room was spacious, very nicely decorated and very clean. Yvette was friendly, very helpful and full of advice on NYC like where to eat, how to get around etc. I would highly recommend staying here and I will again when visiting New York.

Old furniture but very well maintained. Recommended to everybody who not want to spent even more money in this expensive city :-) would go there every time again!!

• 5th Sep 2014

The furniture is not old it is called antique or retro with a tiny touch of modern. This building is about 104 yrs old with the original moldings. The building has details and so does the furniture.

Very affordable, nice and cozy hostel. We really enjoyed our stay in La Sienna, and were surprised how easy it was to get to Manhattan, since the nearest subway station is only 5 minutes walk away. The owner Yvette is a lovely lady, who made us feel welcomed right away and gave us some restaurant and subway tips. The only thing we didn't like about the hostel was that the rooms had no air conditioning. But overall a really nice place to stay, and definitely one of the cheapest options :)

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Finland

I stayed here as a female 22yo solo traveller from AUS and loved it. Yvette was a very lovely and warm host had gone to much effort to help me with transport to the airport. Loved Yvette and her dog Bailey! The house is a gorgeous brownstone townhouse with 3 storeys. Truly an authentic NY feel.My room was very gorgeous, 'old-style' but in the best way possible - it suited the brownstone townhouse. Only felt unsafe returning after a night out alone at 2am.During 'sociable' hours, I was fine!

• 5th Aug 2014

The place was a bit quirky but I peraoally really liked it. The area is a full of latin and african american people, very lively and authentic. The lady at the hostel was very nice and helpful, although at the beginning there was a little misunderstanding with the arrival time and she cancelled our booking. Luckily evrything was sorted quite quickly. The hostal is very well equipped, but the toilets could have been cleaner. Quick express metro train to center.Overall good value for money!

The toilets are cleaned several times a day by hand. I never used a mop. However sometimes a person may use the toilet before you and is not so considerate.

Great, affordable accomodation in New York! Really well equipped and very clean. Since it is not an official hostel, don't be suprised about the absence of any sign at the street (just know the house number!) and that you might need to wait a bit until your knocking at the door is heard...) Yvette suggested that when you are going to stay as a single person, just tell her in advance and she will try to swap some rooms so that you don't need to pay the biggest, most expensive double room.

• 18th Jul 2014

We loved our stay at La Sienna! The owner is lovely and made our stay a pleasure. Our room was beautiful, extremely clean and gorgeously furnished. La Sienna is extremely accessible through the subway making travel through the city a breeze. Definitely a great price for the location and quality of the room! If catching a taxi to this location definitely know the cross street for the taxi to take you to (8th Avenue & W.123rd.) as we were taken to East 123rd late at night which was eye-opening.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7