La Sienna Reviews

241 West 123rd Street, New York, USA

I'm SO glad that I found this place. Yvette the owner was so nice and helpful to me. I felt that I could trust her and her opinions. I WILL come back here in the future. THX :) Some things to keep in mind if you wanna stay here: Well organized; AC is an additional $10per day charge; there's a $50 security deposit for incidentals; She has a dog & cat-so if allergic, do not come; turn off all electricity to conserve energy; it's a walk-up-NO elevator here; M60 bus line & subway are 2.5 blks away.

• 15th Jul 2015

The hostel is situated in HARLEM. Therefore, it is nosy at night. Almost every night I couldn't sleep properly either because of the music or fights on the streets. The host is a nice, friendly and helpful lady. She has cats and dog. The location is perfect, only 5 minutes walking from 125th street. I didn't like: towel was smelly, room wasn't cleaned during my staying.

She arrived during the July 4 holiday so yes it is noisy and people are partying but it is not normal. I always tell my guest that if you are not happy please speak up and let me know. When I asked her how is everything she said fine. If she did not like the towel she should have said something and I would have given her another. We do not go into the room and clean unless you are there 5 days or more. It doesn't make sense to complain after you have left. It is your vacation. Speak up.

Fantastic location - cash only seemed a little sketchy, especially as a tourist. Also kind of weird how me and my gf each paid to stay in the room, there was no per-room price so we essentially paid 2x for the room. The lady was nice and friendly after we paid but not before and hurried us right out of the room on our last day. Would recommend again based on location but with some hesitations.

• 27th Jun 2015

That is completely inaccurate. You pay what the agency tells you to pay. Everything is written clearly out for you. The room is private so there is no sharing. You are paying for the room. There were two people so they can do the math and divide it amoung themselves. Check out is at 11:00AM. You cannot decide that you will check out when ever you want. You should be considerate of the next person who is waiting for their arrival. It is just about being considerate.

It was a very nice place to stay. The hostel in general was very clean specially the bathrooms. If I come back to NY I'll stay again in La Sienna.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Chile

One shower for up to 5 rooms to share. Shower is old claw foot tub with wrap around curtain, which stuck to me as Im sure it everyone else. Gross. We did not have a kitchen as described but a kitchenette. With no stove, oven or even toaster. Plates provided did not fit in microwave.

• 4th Jun 2015

Yvette was a Perfect host. Our room was about 1/3 the cost of the Marriott and larger. 9 private rooms, all 1 bed, table and chairs, tv, closet , access to a full kitchen, tea,(1suite w kitchen.) We overlooked quiet residential street and a lovely tree. There are 9 rooms sharing 2 toilets and 1 shower. No problem except from 6-8am and 7-9pm. Subway 2blocks away with a police station in between. We came home at 12a.m. just fine. .. 10 min.walk to Columbia. CASH ONLY.

• 18th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I was so blessed to have stayed in La Sienna. I will share this hostel to all my family, relatives and friends who will visit NY someday. I will definitely come back to this Hostel. The owner is exceptionally accomodating and kind. Thank you so much for all your support and kindness. God bless

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Philippines

Our stay in La Sienna was really nice. We get some tips on cheap (but still delicious) local food, as well as on the neighbourhood and the NY public transport. The room was quite big and clean, the kitchen was quite good equipped. I don't think that you can get this quality for this price anywhere else in New York.

Great location in terms of being near the express train stop (125th). Yvette answered any questions we had and when we feedback shower was unclean she immediately cleaned it for us. Bathroom is shared with numerous rooms so be prepared to wait a little for a shower if the rooms are full. Didn't impact on us much because we slept late most days. Wifi signal a little weak on highest floor but manageable. Good kitchen facilities. Would recommend for a stay in New York.

I loved my stay at La Sienna. The communal facilities (shower, toilet and kitchen) were always kept clean, and the room was very comfortable. If there was a sink in the room that would be even better, but that's a minor quibble and the place is excellent value. The landlady Yvette runs the place well and the location is fantastic for transportation, with numerous subway lines in walking distance. There's also lots to explore in Harlem too.

Definitely enjoyed the stay...felt like staying with family. Yvette is fantastic, and (thank you!) recommended great local places to eat! Wonderful experience. Cannot imagine a place that would make me feel so "at home" in NY!!!

• 1st Apr 2015

The rooms in this Hotel are really nice and definitifly worth the Money. A good Supermarket ("Best market") is nearby and the Prices in Harlem are low (in comparision to the rest of NY). The kitchen in "LaSienna" is good too.

We truly enjoyed our stay at La Sienna and would highly recommend it to others.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Yvette is a great host and her home is lovely. Harlem is a great neighbourhood and it is quick and easy to get to central manhattan. Highly recommended

This little hotel/hostel is located in a great area, near the A-train, good restaurants, delis and bars. Our room was cosy and of a good size. The place felt very safe. Comfortable beds

Very relaxed and peaceful place to stay.

Freunde hatten uns "La Sienna" empfohlen, und wir haben es nicht bereut... Friends recommended "La Sienna" and we didn't regret it... Yvette was very good company, clear, caring and helpful with all questions, we liked the style of the house, and the fact that it is in steady progress, it was a nice neighbourhood and fairly close to the Station of Harlem from where we could go everywhere. A+S

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Nice surrounding, if you don't want to see the usual Downtown-Manhattan-Stuff... A movie theatre right in the neighbourhood, Popeye's, Subways and Kennedy's Fried Chicken (yeah, Kennedy is right) just around the corner... With Express-trains A or 2 you can be at Penn-Station within less than15 mins. You'll enjoy your stay, if you don't want to see NYC like every tourist. A very friendly and helpful host and you'll get your sleep, if you need. LA SIENNA = the quietest place, I ever slept in NY.

I didn't have any bad experience, but I feel like you could get much more from your money. The location is not exactly centric or nice, the building is old, and the rooms are small.

Where in New York do you get to stay in manhattan for $68 and have a private room. Free coffee, tea and WIfi. The building is called prewar and has original moldiing. If you want modern setting this is not it. He probably booked without looking at the pictures. Nothing is misrepresented. I asked how he was doing, make sure he had enough heat. But he never spoke up. Once he saw the room he could have walked out. Instead he internalized everything and took it out on his comments.

Yvette was very helpful and accommodating. We had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. The location is ideal with a very short walk to the subway station, Harlem shops on 125th, supermarket and food as well as it being a very short distance on the subway to Manhatten and away from all of the crowds in Manhatten. Only very minor complaint was that sometimes the wifi didn't work and other nights it worked fine.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7