Fabulous 523 Total Reviews

• laurahogg137322
  • England, Couple, 25-30
7th Dec 2016
7.1

The owner was a lovely lady who was more than happy to help, make recommendations and check that generally you are OK. Being on 125th street and having the express subway option means being in Harlem really isnt a problem at all, if anything nice to see a different area of the city. My only small watch outs but nothing major, the bed is very small for 2 people - its not a UK size double. Everything is visibly clean, but perhaps places like pipes, picture rails etc were in need of a dust.

• Canada, Couple, 31-40
29th Nov 2016
5.7

The rooms are clean and very well amended, but we had a few incredibly unfortunate interactions with the proprietress that really ruined our experience. She is a forceful presence, this is her house so make sure you abide by her rules when you are in it. Oh, and heads up, she might be going into your room while you are out.

Yes I do randomly check rooms. There was a foul odor coming from this room so yes I went inside and I was shocked at what I saw. Their bad experience had to do with what they did and they know what I am talking about. I had to get someone to clean the other rooms, while I cleaned this room and greet my guests 2 hours late. I was not able to rent the room to the following guests who booked this specific room 6 months prior to arrival. I had to move them to another room and they were upset even though I offered them a discount. It took an extra week of cleaning in order for me to rent this room.

• USA, Male, 41+
25th Oct 2016

A new home away from home! The best possible way to experience Harlem/New York by actually submersing yourself in the neighborhood. And within 10 minutes of checking in, our host made us feel like part of family. Will most definitely be back.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
26th Sep 2016

This place is perfect, the host is friendly and helpful. The bed is comfortable and clean, as is the bathroom and kitchen. She supplied us with towels also. Great location near by express trains to downtown! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Mexico, Female, 41+
15th Sep 2016

For me was perfect, all my days were spent visiting NYC and only returned to sleep. It is located in a quiet street, three blocks away from the MTA Subway lines A/C/B/D, so I could go by subway everywhere. The room was clean, well ventilated and since the hostel is being renovated, it had a ceiling fan pretty silent so I had no trouble sleeping. Next time I am in NYC I will definitely consider staying at La Sienna again.

• USA, Male, 25-30
9th Sep 2016
4.3

The place is in Harlem which is not the best place to begin with. The staff consists of one person and she treats you like a criminal. She will take advantage of your situation if she can. The room is fine, but the A/C is loud and the windows don't open. To be fair the place is kept very clean. The kitchen is minimal at best.

Harlem is beautiful. You can google this neighborhood and see for yourself. We may not smile but we truly are friendly. If your lost just ask us for directions and we will go out of our way to help you. Her issue was with people who were different from her which already puts you in the wrong State to visit. That's when you stay in a hotel and go only where tourist go and everyone looks like you. If you want to see the real New York and experience life here you stay in a guest house or hostel. How could I possibly treat her like a criminal and take advantage when the only interaction I had with her was when I originally greeted her. I don't even remember any interaction with this person other than my greeting. I did send her an email but received no response as of yet. It is your time, money and memories so don't wait until after you leave to express yourself. Deal wit the problem at the present moment that it is happening. I can't read your minds but if you speak up and express yourself then I can try to accommodate you as much as possible. Speak up.

• Slovenia, Couple, 25-30
8th Sep 2016
7.7

We were satisfied with staying at La Sienna. It is a small hostel and this way more private. The owner is very kind, she really cares how you feel, but she never interruped us. We had kitchen at our disposal. Subway is also very near. The only thing that bothered us was airconditioning, because it was very hot and humid at that time, thats why we didnt sleep good.

4th Sep 2016

Really cannot fault this place. We stayed for 10 nights and loved it. Yvette was lovely and so accommodating. She even emailed us a list of places to eat which fit well into our price range. It's really not a far walk at all to Central Park and the A train gets you to all the big tourist destinations in minutes. Would stay here again!