8.7
Fabulous 533 Total Reviews

• Singapore, Couple, 31-40
7th Apr 2017
7.7

The location was about 5-10 minutes walk away from the express trains (A,B,C,D) and the local trains (1,2,3) and about half hour away from the city. The rooms were clean, had a lot of hangers and comfy bed. Two small shared toilets. I wasn't sure why but we booked 3 nights and were told we had to change rooms after the first night. The host gave us great recommendations for food and was very nice and friendly. We were told to ring a bell to reach her but it wasn't always easy to reach her.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
25th Mar 2017
8.0

This is a bed and breakfast...without the breakfast. Really, it's more an Airbnb than anything; it's obvious that it's the owners home that she's converted. Not to say that the apartment isn't lovely with lots of character (there's a TARDIS shower stall and a Darth Vader toaster). The single rooms is quite cramped though. Also, don't be alarmed by the pipes hissing (which startled me a bit on the first night). On the other hand, the location is quite good, easily walkable to the subway.

9th Mar 2017

I had a great time staying here! The owner was a tiny bit stand-off-ish the first few moments, but she warmed really quickly. It's clear that this place is her baby and does everything she can to keep it in good condition. She had some great recommendations for nativgating the neighborhood and city - both practically (basic getting around and restaurants) and culturally. Couldn't have asked for a better location! Quiet, but still close to the action. Would highly recommend staying here!

• laurahogg137322
  • England, Couple, 25-30
7th Dec 2016
7.1

The owner was a lovely lady who was more than happy to help, make recommendations and check that generally you are OK. Being on 125th street and having the express subway option means being in Harlem really isnt a problem at all, if anything nice to see a different area of the city. My only small watch outs but nothing major, the bed is very small for 2 people - its not a UK size double. Everything is visibly clean, but perhaps places like pipes, picture rails etc were in need of a dust.

• Canada, Couple, 31-40
29th Nov 2016
5.7

The rooms are clean and very well amended, but we had a few incredibly unfortunate interactions with the proprietress that really ruined our experience. She is a forceful presence, this is her house so make sure you abide by her rules when you are in it. Oh, and heads up, she might be going into your room while you are out.

Yes I do randomly check rooms. There was a foul odor coming from this room so yes I went inside and I was shocked at what I saw. Their bad experience had to do with what they did and they know what I am talking about. I had to get someone to clean the other rooms, while I cleaned this room and greet my guests 2 hours late. I was not able to rent the room to the following guests who booked this specific room 6 months prior to arrival. I had to move them to another room and they were upset even though I offered them a discount. It took an extra week of cleaning in order for me to rent this room.