8.7
Fabulous 557 Total Reviews

• South Africa, Female, 25-30
9th Aug 2017
2.9

The lady that runs the hostel seemed very nice when we checked in. But then after I smoked outside the hostel(there's a ashtray on the steps.she accused me of smoking inside the hostel. She banged on our door the next morning saying why did she find my hair in the shower. I didn't even wash my hair.she treated me like a child. Accused me of doing something I didn't do. I have never stayed in such a bad place. Didn't have hot water upstairs, TV only Spanish Channel, remote not work and also light

I asked it she smoked and she said no. She was smoking in the room so I knocked not banged on the door. She was kindly told that she would lose her deposit. She left large clumps of red hair in the drain and would not flush the toilet. I had to check in people and move them to another floor to avoid problems. There is always hot water if it is not on one floor then it would not be on any of the floors. If the light did not work why didn't she say anything. I check it and it is working. The TV has several channels but. sometimes people change the setting on the remote control but it could have easily been fixed. Our number one rule is to be considerate of others.

• darryl_poi4312
  • New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
25th Jul 2017

Our stay was amaizing our host was helpful and lovely nice clean facilities easy to get to train station to go to maddison square n downtown great location the people of harlem are amazing n respectful lovely people , One if the best part of our time was riding the bikes that the hostel had through central park and then to maddison square and back , we will love to come back and stay any time we highly recommend it to everyone

• Lithuania, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
17th Jul 2017
6.9

It's a good deal for the price.

• England, Male, 25-30
7th Jul 2017

A rare find - decent accommodation at a reasonable price in Manhattan. Exceptionally friendly neighbourhood, great affordable food and drinks options around, friendly and knowledgeable host. Don't expect anything fancy - but this is a clean, well-furnished (with original period items), quiet place to call home for your stay. 5 minutes walk from the Subway, 15 minutes walk to Metro North.

1st Jul 2017

Great price for a great location. Only a short 5 min walk to the subway. Clean rooms, showers, etc. Perfect if you want to spend time in Manhattan/Brooklyn but don't want to spend the money to stay there.

• Tayko
  • USA, Female, 18-24
21st Jun 2017

I had a wonderful time staying here. Ms. Yvette was a great hostess, she even sent an email with a complete list of great placeI specifically planned this trip so I could hit the garment district and she was happy to point out exactly where we needed to go. She even sent an email with a complete list of great places to eat. Only a five minute walk from the 125th street station. Def. recommend this place to stay and will be back for my planned trip in October!!

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
17th Jun 2017

Lady who works there very friendly and helpful. Great location. Old building but was very clean.

• ingewiekenkamp7089
  • Netherlands, Female, 25-30
13th Jun 2017

Nice place to stay, very helpfull and friendly host. Good room with AC, especially during those warm days.

• Australia, Female, 41+
12th Jun 2017
8.0

Was very happy with the whole experience Yvette was lovely home was really nice no creaky floors lol which was a blessing walking up 2 flights of stairs st all hours loved the use of a kitchen all round good throughout Harlem cool location easy access to the subway.

• stanbednarcyk4852
  • USA, Male, 31-40
1st Jun 2017

La Sienna was a pleasure staying at. Yvette welcomed us into her house, and was incredibly generous and pleasant. The room was nice, the house and neighborhood quiet for a good night's sleep, and the neighborhood was great. We loved Bailey and the three cats too! I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.