9.0
9.0
Superb 525 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 31-40
9th Mar 2017

I had a great time staying here! The owner was a tiny bit stand-off-ish the first few moments, but she warmed really quickly. It's clear that this place is her baby and does everything she can to keep it in good condition. She had some great recommendations for nativgating the neighborhood and city - both practically (basic getting around and restaurants) and culturally. Couldn't have asked for a better location! Quiet, but still close to the action. Would highly recommend staying here!

• laurahogg137322
  • England, Couple, 25-30
7th Dec 2016
7.1

The owner was a lovely lady who was more than happy to help, make recommendations and check that generally you are OK. Being on 125th street and having the express subway option means being in Harlem really isnt a problem at all, if anything nice to see a different area of the city. My only small watch outs but nothing major, the bed is very small for 2 people - its not a UK size double. Everything is visibly clean, but perhaps places like pipes, picture rails etc were in need of a dust.

• Canada, Couple, 31-40
29th Nov 2016
5.7

The rooms are clean and very well amended, but we had a few incredibly unfortunate interactions with the proprietress that really ruined our experience. She is a forceful presence, this is her house so make sure you abide by her rules when you are in it. Oh, and heads up, she might be going into your room while you are out.

Yes I do randomly check rooms. There was a foul odor coming from this room so yes I went inside and I was shocked at what I saw. Their bad experience had to do with what they did and they know what I am talking about. I had to get someone to clean the other rooms, while I cleaned this room and greet my guests 2 hours late. I was not able to rent the room to the following guests who booked this specific room 6 months prior to arrival. I had to move them to another room and they were upset even though I offered them a discount. It took an extra week of cleaning in order for me to rent this room.

• USA, Male, 41+
25th Oct 2016

A new home away from home! The best possible way to experience Harlem/New York by actually submersing yourself in the neighborhood. And within 10 minutes of checking in, our host made us feel like part of family. Will most definitely be back.