La Torre Reviews

Avenida Chichas N� 220, Tupiza, Bolivia

Great hostel in centre of Tupiza. From here you can arrange your 4-day tour to the Salt Flats and more. It costs 1350 bab and it was totally worth it! Trip was amazing with a very nice and experienced driver (Hernan) and a great cook (Hector). I would recommend La Torre hostel and tours to everyone,

A beautiful place with lovely staff, a great breakfast (bread, jam, yoghurt, fruit, tea/coffe

Nice hostel and perfect to book a tour to the salt flats in their won agency! We loved our tour and can recommend it to everyone! Staf was really nice and when we left before breakfast Theo even gave us a small back with some bread, fruit and yoghurt!

Good breakfast, close to travel agencies and restaurants. Staff was very friendly with our wrong booking (which was our mistake). Would recommend this for stopover in Tupiza.

Very accomodating staff and exellent tour operators. A little chaotic due to volume of traffic in reception but on the whole satisfactory. Nice breakfast with fresh orange juice. Fidel was an exellent driver/guide for salt flat tour.

Good place, with an ok breakfast. Our room was quite nice, bt the room could have been cheaper for Bolivia. Hostel also books good tours.

More of a hotel than hostel, good place to catch up and recharge batteries. Staff were all friendly and helpful and location was as good as you could hope for in Tupiza. One issue was the drainage, at times it seemed to generate a bit of a bad smell. That said for cost etc was a fine place.

Great place to stay before you leave to the saltflats. Tour to the saltflats was amazing!! Everything was really good organized and the food was really good. The hotel is good and clean. This is not a travelers hostel.

Security was good here, I liked the charger + locker combination in the reception area. Staff was pretty helpful and always open to practicing spanish with me. The beds were nice, large down comforters. No real atmosphere to meet anyone. WiFi and internet was pretty poor. Close to bus station.

Security is a bit dodgy as it is a tour agency and everyone can just walk in and out. Hot shower was very strong, bathroom was constantly flooded though. Very nice room (matrimonial) but no use of kitchen. The best Bolivian pizza (Milan Center) is just around the corner though.

The rooms had lots of weird windows and glass doors that opened out onto the corridor making for lots of light and noise while you try to sleep at night. The hostel was not heated and we were freezing at night. Hot water was intermittent. Most of all the staff were unhelpful and rude. When they discovered we had already booked another company for the salar tour, they were rude to us and refused to assist us from then on. Because of this they lost our business on accommodation when we returned

The hostel is good, more like a small hotel. The rooms are really nice, spacious and comfortable. There was virtually no internet connection on the wifi, but that is fairly typical throughout Bolivia! Most importantly, we booked our 4 day 3 night salt flat tour through La Torre. Couldn't recommend this company more highly, our driver and cook were fantastic and we felt that our experience was better than those on tours with other companies.

I arrived at 3:30am with a reservation for the next night (I got confused by the bus schedules). A guy let me in and gave me a room within fifteen minutes after I said I would pay for the extra night. I also booked the salar tour with them. Our driver listened to this one Peruvian band for the entire first day and a half before offering us an auxiliary cable for our ipods. It was a tough drive with that band on repeat, though. Our cook was absolutely fantastic and an absolute sweetheart.

the staff is amazing! very helpfull in all you need. also booked the salar tour with them, that was great. very recommended

View all Tupiza Bed and Breakfasts