La Torre Reviews

Avenida Chichas N� 220, Tupiza, Bolivia

We stayed here the night before taking a tour of salar de uyuni with la Torre tours. The staff were very helpful and the breakfast was great. Rooms were a bit hot - some fans would have been much appreciated!

Double room was comfortable and clean, breakfast was nice and great location. There was no windows/air conditioning in our room so it was really hot and stuffy. The bathroom didn't have toilet paper or soap and there was a huge ball of hair in the shower that didn't get cleaned the two days we were there. We also booked our tour to Salar de Uyuni through La Torre and it was amazing. Reccomend for a short stay

We booked this before we started our La Torre salt flats tour. The staff were extremely helpful with booking the tour and with any queries we had about Tupiza. The rooms were very big, great shower and lovely breakfast (the first hostel that we were served at the table). The only downfalls - the rooms at the front can be noisy and the wifi is slow but apart from that a great hostel!

We enjoyed our stay here, and we also booked our salt flat and a horse riding tour through through their company which were totally amazing and I would highly recommend. I must say I was disappointed at checkout when the owner told me that the deposit you pay on hostel world doesn't count towards our booking and tried to make us pay the entire amount of the room (even though my partner had spent hundreds of dollars in their travel agent) breakfast was okay.

I became very sick with altitude sickness; they had an in-house nurse who took my blood pressure and pulse and made te de coca to help me deal with the symptoms. I decided to turn back to Argentina and the staff went above and beyond to help me get back to the Bolivia/Arg border. I highly recommend this hostel!!

We made a reservation. When we showed up in the middle of the night, there was no place for us. We had to look for an other hostel..

• 31st Jul 2015

While hot water was claimed to be provided, I did not have hot water for both nights which I have stayed. The water can only be regarded as slightly warm although I followed the instruction provided to wait for a few minutes. It's a bit unacceptable considering the cold weather during winter time.

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

This place is more of a hotel than a hostel. We only stayed for one night, and booked a salt flats tour with La Torre as well. Their staff was exceptionally helpful and answered all our (MANY) safety questions. They are very attentive to detail on their tours, provide TONS of food, good medical training, well-educated guides, and safe drivers. Would highly recommend them to anyone. They even found jeeps with heating in them when we asked-- made the cold mornings less miserable.

View all Tupiza Bed and Breakfasts