La Torre Reviews

Avenida Chichas N� 220, Tupiza, Bolivia

the staff is amazing! very helpfull in all you need. also booked the salar tour with them, that was great. very recommended

We had a nice stay at La Torre Hostel and booked our tour through the Salar de Uyuni with them too. The people at the hostel were very friendly and helpful. I especially want to recommend our cook Reina and our driver Fidel who took perfectly care of us during the trip and made it a very special experience!! Muchisimas gracias a ustedes!!

• 22nd Mar 2014

It is a good property. However I do have some comments. The rooms (I saw) are not bright and sunny, but are on the dark side. My room was lit by a single low wattage CFL bulb, which is kind of depressing. The staff was very nice. I liked the use of their kitchen. I just wish they had a nice communal area. It wouldn't be hard to rearrange the furniture, or bring in some new furniture, to make it friendly to sit down and meet other guests.

Great option for tupiza nice rooms and fantastic breakfast

Everything was great including the breakfast, the friendliness, and the atmosphere. The internet can be a bit slow at times, but that is not a big deal.

• 3rd Jan 2014

A good, reliable place to stay. A little lacking in atmosphere for lack of a common lounge area but the facilities are clean and comfortable. However, the first room I was in needed proper curtains for privacy at night (I had to put up towels and clothing to make it private) and the dorm room was a bit stuffy. But the staff are friendly and polite and the location is central and convenient.

Good hostel, especially for Bolivia. Typical breakfast of bread, jam, coffee and fruit - not very exciting but enough. Strong wifi, comfy clean bedrooms. Really close to the bus station and the rest of town (hard not to be in such a small town though) Strange thing with the kitchen where you can't cook onions or garlic (my bh is still shocked by that. Hasn't stopped mentioning it since we left) Lovely staff and they organised an excellent horse-riding trip for us.

The bathroom needs some attention, it was a shower room with toilet and the mould made the room smell, and with no window it needs to have some sort of ventilation and not just a window to the hallway. Lovely staff though and a brilliant tour!

View all Tupiza Bed and Breakfasts