La Valija Hostel Reviews

Papudo 526, Cerro Concepcion, Valparaiso, Chile

I was so pleased with everything about this hostel. Valija is a true embodiment of the hostel lifestyle and every member of the staff is welcoming and accommodating. They went out of their way to make us feel at home in Valparaíso and I found myself the entire time thinking about my next stay! 5/5, and would recommend to anyone.

• 29th Jan 2016

This hostel overbooked us and emailed us a few days before saying they had an alternate hostel for us to stay at. However it wasn't a hostel it was a room in a local families home. The family was VERY nice but it wasn't what we were expecting. We didn't have wifi and a couple other things we we're suppose to but still had to pay the same price. In my opinion it should have been cheaper then the original hostel.

What can I say. It was epic. The most amazing atmosphere for any hostel I have visited. The staff are like family. I felt so at home and had such a blast. Wifi is terrible, and frequently cuts out, but that's a minor. Great terrace and common areas. The dorms are quite snug, but comfortable warm beds. Showers and toilets can get busy, but such a sweet location and atmosphere that nothing else matters. Just go and have an awesome time!

Good hostel in great location. A few people seem to live there but that seems normal in south america. Everyone is very friendly. Nothing to complain

Nice hostel and the best staff!! So friendly and helpful! Really nice people! They care about you!! :) The beds are confortable and good shower!

The staff was very supportive and gave good advice about what to do in Valparaiso. The löcation on the hill above the harbour was very nice and clos to the main attractions. The building seems to be quite old and partly affected by the weather.

Very comfy beds and great host. Very close to bus station and the centre.