La Villa Francaise Reviews

Rua Recife,222 Jardim Brasil-Barra, Salvador, Brazil

We loved staying at la villa francaise. A true relaxing holiday in the heart of vibrant salvador. Thanks!!

• 26th Jan 2016

Stephanie is a wonderful host. When I wanted anything she did her best to accomodate. She makes a traditional Brazilian breakfast. The rooms are bright and clean. The place is well located in Barra. You won't regret your stay here.

Dear Claire, Thank you for your comment and I hope you arrived in time at the airport. Take care ! Stéphanie

My visit to wonderful Salvador was absolutely grand. The owner and staff of La Vile Francaise helped me get the most out of my visit. La Ville is absolutely comfortable and very well located; it was very easy to get to interesting places from there, on foot, by bus or taxi. They also have lots of information and tips to explore as much of Salvador as I wanted. La Ville is also a place to get to meet and chat with other interesting foreign visitors. I would not hesitate to stay with them again,

• 10th Nov 2015

My husband and I had a pleasant stay. Our room was spacious and clean, the bathroom is also clean and has a good shower. The house is located in a secure neighbourhood near by a supermarket, several restaurants and a few minutes walk to the beach. It was nice to wake up with some good breakfast. Stephanie is very friendly and helpfull! She answered all our questions, arranged a taxi to the airport and gave us a great (!) breakfast doggiebag because we left very early. Thanks again Stephanie!

Very nice and clean hostel with an amazing stuff. Thanks for the great stay.

My 13 years old son and I spent 4 night at La Villa Francaise. This a wonderful guesthouse, Stephanie, Nathalie and their daughter make us feel very welcomed and comfortable. Stephanie took the time to write down and gave us detailed information what to see and how to get there. The guesthouse with very clean comfortable and well run. I would be happy to recommend this place!

Lovely hostel in Barra area of Salvador, owner very nice and helpful with recommendations for eating and organising transport.

Positive: Located on a safe, quiet, residential street less than ten minutes from several markets, restaurants/bars, and the beach. The family that owns it is very friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast is simple but good (coffee, tea, fruit, various breads and cakes). Everything is really clean and comfortable. Negative: It's pretty quiet at night. It seems to cater to people traveling with partners/friends and doesn't seem like it would be a good place for solo travelers to meet people.

We had a fantastic stay at La Ville Francaise. Stephanie and Nathalie are wonderful hosts - very kind and helpful. The breakfast is very good and the hostel is a 5 minute walk to the main beach in Salvador which is really nice. It's located super close to the main bus route. The resident doggies are an added bonus - Lola, Yogi and Canele are a lovable trio of pooches. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Great location, within easy walking distance to the main promenade (Avenida Oceanica), supermarket nearby, quiet street. Fantastic owners - super kind and helpful.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Poland

A wonderful place to stay - I strongly recommend staying here. Stephanie is lovely and puts on one of the best breakfasts you ask for. The hostel is very clean - cleaned every day. The location is very near the beach and easy enough to get to the Pelourinho by bus. I'd recommend staying in barra area because you are right by the beach, safer, but also easy to get into the centre. Pousada Francaise is relaxed, comfortable, and made my stay in Salvador better.

• 14th Dec 2014

This place was excellent! One of my favorite stays on our long trip abroad. The family that owns this place is just lovely and the facilities and rooms are adorable and very comfortable. I highly recommend this place to everybody!

Helpful, friendly staff about the local area. They provided us with a map, directions.

This place seems like its only for french people, so in case you're not french, stay away. Our room didn't have a window, the bathroom was tiny. The staff ate breakfast together with us. When I asked about the security in the neighborhood, received a very harsh answer ('How do I know about the security here?') Would not stay here again.

It's a pousada, with limited hours of reception - unless you feel bothering the family living/sleeping there Staff very friendly and easy to talk with, but not knowledgeable about excursions, nightlife etc. Payment only by cash! This should be made more clear when booking is made!

• 10th Sep 2013

The staff here were great, very welcoming and friendly. The breakfast was also good. It's a little bit far from the centre but it's not too difficult to get there by bus.

Owners of the pousada: very nice. Stephanie in particular was very helpful. She gave us good common sense advice about what to expect when moving around Salvador. We got out and enjoyed the city, as a result. Going to the Pelourinho and Terreiro de Jesus was one of the highlights of our trip to Brasil. Cleaning woman: very thorough and kind. Curb appeal: not good. This is a B&B, not a hostel. It is pretty basic - room was dark and bathroom door was a curtain.

• 25th May 2012
  • All Female Group, 41+

A great place to stay during Carnival. A short walk to the circuit but a few streets back so nice and quiet. Unfortunately the bathroom in our room did not have a door, only a curtain. A couple of us had gastro problems so it was rather embarassing/mortifying to have to go to the toilet when there was only a curtain to separate us from the 3 other people in the room. I wouldn't stay here again just for this reason. Although the staff were mostly helpful we occasionally found them to be rude.

Very friendly and well-kept place. Enjoyed the stay. Quick walk away from the beach.

• 23rd Jun 2011

Expensive as Salvador usually is but the place is well located, safe and clean. The staff is friendly and the breakfast is great!

View all Salvador Bed and Breakfasts