La Villada Inn Hostel Reviews

Felipe Angeles 204, Ejido Guadalupe Victoria, Oaxaca, Mexico

We came here to relax but we where kept awake the first night by a loud private party. We were the only guests there but the service was really poor, when we wanted to buy breakfast at the restaurant there where no staff there and we had to chase them around to get any service and still it felt like they didn't care. The most uncomfortable beds ever!!! It's cash only and they couldn't even give us 3 pesos back that we have to leave behind. It looks like this place have had it's glory day's faded

• 23rd Nov 2015
  • Denmark

We really enjoyed our stay here, very relaxing, beautiful views andwelcoming hosts! It was nice to get out of city centre and chillbuy the pool.

I truly enjoyed my stay at La Villada Inn. The room was great, the food was delicious, and the staff was excellent. It is not centrally located, but I was well aware of that before I booked my stay, and it actually made my stay more relaxing. The family who runs the hostel is wonderful and they go above and beyond to make you feel welcomed. If i return to Oaxaca, I will definitely be staying there again.

La Villada is more than a hostel. It is a family with open arms. It is comfort, picturesque views, excellent food and big smiles. It is safe to take children (who are confident swimmers) too, and will make you never want to leave.

• 30th Oct 2015

The hostel is far from downtown which can be good and bad, but be prepared to pay 60 pesos for a taxi ride. Since it is so far, there aren't any restaurants around to eat at, making the hostel breakfasts the obvious option, though they are over priced for the little food they offer (55 pesos, small plate). They mixed up our reservation and put me and a friend in one room with a double bed, when we had booked a 4 person room. The hot water in our shower didn't work. Nice relaxing place & view.

• 10th Oct 2015

After enduring one hellish night at a hostel downtown I was able to find this one instead, which is more than I can say for my taxi driver. But eventually he found his way here and man am I glad he did. The compound is perched near the top of a hill overlooking downtown Oaxaca and the view is amazing. BIG place with a GREAT restaurant and fair prices, plus a gigantic pool. It was more like a resort than a hostel. I asked for a fan and they went out and BOUGHT me one! Definitely recommend it!

Genuine, helpful, sweet and homely! Stay here to give yourself time to think clearly after a busy day at the markets.

• 7th Sep 2015

Although a little off the main drag, a beautiful oasis awaits, with kind, friendly, family run business that are more than willing to help you anyway they can. We came outside there peak time so was only us and one other staying at the time which can be good and bad depending on what your after.

• 31st Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Secluded and scenic. I really enjoyed it. Pool is beautiful and staff were great. I enjoyed the long walks to and from the city. Not for the casual walker though. Wifi was hit n miss in the room but great by the pool. Really well put together excursions. I would definitely stay again.