La Villana Hostel Reviews

calle17 No 3-70, Santa Marta, Colombia

This is easily one of the greatest hostels i have ever had the pleasure of staying in!!! I dont iften write reveiws, not unless a place really sticks out and the memory will stay with me forever. Amazing staff, fantastic atmosphere, clean friendly, homely & social. I highly recomend ro all tyoes of travelers ... Solo, grouos or couples this place will suit you perfectly. And if you have the pleasure of a night out with the staff you are in for a real treat. 10/10

Hi When I'm on holiday, I love to be completely free, especially that at work I have lot of serious responsibilies. I left my room real dirty in the morning without any explanation as I was heading to the national park. When I came back in the evening the manager who was a woman was extremely polite and nice to me when she explained the mess I left behind. I would like to thank her for all her kindness and patience. Thank you lovely Colombians and thank you La Villana hostel.

This hostel is incredible! Really friendly staff, super clean, nice beds with your own light and powerpoint, and a pool in the middle of the courtyard. Everything is really well-designed and new, location is great, really can´t recommend it highly enough!

My only problem was poor wifi when actually in our room, so I guess you could say that was no problem at all. Everyone at this hostel was superb and took great care of my large group of friends and I. This hostel is well located to make your way to the nearby beaches and bars from only a short walk to just 10 000 pesos to the beaches like Playa Grande and Playa Blanca. The location next to good restaurants and sites to walk around was excellent, we weren't far from anything while there. Come!

• 15th Aug 2014

Awesome pool, great friendly staff, awesome location right in the middle of the historical center of Santa Marta. Good food and weekend nightlife nearby as well as a big grocery store. Also, icy cold aircon which is awesome with how hot the Colombian coast is. One of the best hostels I stayed in during my 4 month trip in South America.

Super clean, very new hostel. Spacious room and bed. Nice lounge area with xbox + netflix which was great as well!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

I stayed here before and after doing the Lost City trek and it was perfect. Nice and chilled out during the day, pool in the middle of the courtyard. More of a party atmosphere in the evening (especially at weekends). Breakfast is optional but a good range to choose from. Near the beach and buses to Rodadero or Taganga. Beds are super comfy and have lockers. The staff are really nice and remembered me from before my trip when I came back. Ended up staying longer here than planned!

Great staff; very clean place with everything you need. But you do pay for this level of quality. However highly recommended.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Friendly, fluently English speaking staff. Very helpful with booking excursions. Great value!

HIGHLY reccommend this hostel. This place pretty much ticks all the boxes. It has everything you need, AC in all romos, good beds with powerpoints, decent kitchen, good range of breakfast on offer, jacuzzi, bar with an amazing bartender, TV with netflicks for the chill out nights, computers, WiFi. Its basically the closest hostel to all the decent nightlife in Santa Mata. Location couldnt be better. All the staff are amazing helping you with any tours. Will be coming back!!

Great location, helpful staff, comfy bed, fantastic breakfast. Felipe was a star! Couldn't ask for more really. Thank you!

• 8th Jul 2014

Incredibly new and clean hostel, very comfortable and well thought out. I think as more people come here it will become very popular. Bunks have own charger points and light, small pool area, netflix and TV area, impeccable showers and bathroom facilities, AC in all rooms. I made this a base to head out to other places and was very easy to leave my stuff here and pop back for a night when needed.

Super friendly and chilled out hostel.

La Villana is a beautiful place. It's not very large, so it doesn't get too busy or loud, yet Inside it's very charming and pretty. At night time, the place lights up nicely under the palm trees. It's in a good location in the center, walking distance to shops, bars, and restaurants. The staff we're very open and helpful and everything was clean. Really enjoyed the stay, will go back there again.