La Villana Hostel Reviews

calle17 No 3-70, Santa Marta, Colombia

Nice rooms with air conditioning, pool and court yard for relaxing and in a good part of town, but lacking in atmosphere. The bar looks awesome, but I barely saw anyone socializing (ok, drinking) the whole time I was there.

Great atmosphere! Spent Christmas 2014 there and the other travelers were really nice. Best Christmas eve in a long time.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

Fantastic hostel! Definitely our favorite one in our two-weeks trip around Colombia. The hostel is beautiful, dorms are really great, with new and comfortable beds, lockers; there is a common outdoors area in the middle, with a swimming pool tables and chairs to chill out anytime in the sun. The bathrooms are also great, pretty new and clean, as well as the kitchen. You can go out at night (the bars area is just around the corner, ask staff!). Special thanks to night staff for the swimming pool!

The air conditioned do not stay on all day, but the room and the bed are super good

Very good hostel - beautiful, clean, good security and in the heart of Santa Marta. The only downside was the lack of atmosphere but this was not the hostels fault - just the people staying there as everyone would rather be on wifi than talk to each other.

This is a beautiful hostel that is more like a boutique hotel. The dorm beds are the best we've seen during out stay each with its own power socket and steps up to the top bunks. The only problem, we didn't rate Santa Marta itself.

The hostel is relatively new and has excellent facilities and small details which make the hostel stand out from others (i.e. own bed light and socket, own storage room under the bed, a clean and relaxing swimming pool, a well equipped kitchen...) The staff is very friendly and helpful for all kind of questions. It is also very well located in Santa Marta in the center.

Nice hostel but hardly anyone there when I went so there wasn't any atmosphere or socialness for a solo traveller. Very clean and new though.

Even though we were only at La Villana one night, I would highly recommend this hostel. Not only is it in a fabulous location (restaurants with happy hour drink specials are just a couple of blocks away. there is also a large supermarket 5 blocks away if you want to cook), but it is also a beautiful old-fashioned building with a courtyard in the middle. La Villana did a fantastic job of renovating the place. Great stay!

Amazing staff, this hostel feels and looks more like a boutique hostel, keeping prices affordable, and yet maintaining cleanliness, comfortable spaces, and service. Facilities are brand new, and they made an effort to offer the best sheets, free wifi, a bar, and a chill yet fun vibe. It's the best hostel i've visited in Colombia.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Great hostel in a great location! Very homely with a good bar and hangout area. Nice rooms with cold aircon, very friendly staff and an awesome Chiva bus party on Fridays highly recommended 👌

Love the staff here - so friendly and helpful. Needs more sinks though.

Fantastic staff who do everything the can tohelp you.

This was my first trip to Santa Marta. I thought the location was excellent. Nearby many restaurants, attractions and transportation. The helpful and friendly staff stood out in the memory of my stay here.

• 13th Sep 2014

This is easily one of the greatest hostels i have ever had the pleasure of staying in!!! I dont iften write reveiws, not unless a place really sticks out and the memory will stay with me forever. Amazing staff, fantastic atmosphere, clean friendly, homely & social. I highly recomend ro all tyoes of travelers ... Solo, grouos or couples this place will suit you perfectly. And if you have the pleasure of a night out with the staff you are in for a real treat. 10/10

Hi When I'm on holiday, I love to be completely free, especially that at work I have lot of serious responsibilies. I left my room real dirty in the morning without any explanation as I was heading to the national park. When I came back in the evening the manager who was a woman was extremely polite and nice to me when she explained the mess I left behind. I would like to thank her for all her kindness and patience. Thank you lovely Colombians and thank you La Villana hostel.

This hostel is incredible! Really friendly staff, super clean, nice beds with your own light and powerpoint, and a pool in the middle of the courtyard. Everything is really well-designed and new, location is great, really can´t recommend it highly enough!

My only problem was poor wifi when actually in our room, so I guess you could say that was no problem at all. Everyone at this hostel was superb and took great care of my large group of friends and I. This hostel is well located to make your way to the nearby beaches and bars from only a short walk to just 10 000 pesos to the beaches like Playa Grande and Playa Blanca. The location next to good restaurants and sites to walk around was excellent, we weren't far from anything while there. Come!

• 15th Aug 2014

Awesome pool, great friendly staff, awesome location right in the middle of the historical center of Santa Marta. Good food and weekend nightlife nearby as well as a big grocery store. Also, icy cold aircon which is awesome with how hot the Colombian coast is. One of the best hostels I stayed in during my 4 month trip in South America.

Super clean, very new hostel. Spacious room and bed. Nice lounge area with xbox + netflix which was great as well!

• 7th Aug 2014