La Villana Hostel Reviews

calle17 No 3-70, Santa Marta, Colombia

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. The atmosphere is great, the staff super friendly and helpfull and English speaking. The dorms and showers are all great and everything is very clean. Also good breakfast and Dinner, great value for money. Only negative is that the WiFi didn't work when I was there. Would definetely recommend and will be back if I'm ever in santa marta again!! :)

Great boutique hostel. The people there were super kind and lovely. The pool in the middle is an added bonus. Good lockers and the bunks have stairs to get to the top which is great. Plugs at each bed and reading lights are great!!

Its a fantastic hostel in the historic center of Santa Marta, the bunkbeds are the best I seen in this type of acomodation... the place was chill and relaxed, the common areas were great and the breakfast ofered for a good price was really tasty and complete.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Colombia

Excellent! This place looks like a trendy boutique hotel & is very well located steps from the cathedral and playa in the historical center. The staff are WONDERFUL & extremely helpful and the place is kept clean and up-to-date, lots of plugs and the dorms have stairs up to the top bunks. A few comfy areas to chill out and aircon at night. There's also a hip little bar (happy hour pricing is a bit lame). This is one of the nicest places I've stayed in S. America and I highly recommend it!

Very well located, clean and well furnished hostel. Very friendly staff doing everything to make you feel good. We would highly recommend this place.

Lovely hostel, comfy beds and very clean. Plenty of storage and space in the dorms. The outdoor showers were such a treat! Well equipped kitchen. Very comfy lounge area with Netflix, great place to just chill out. There is also a really cool bar but it was always empty. I think it may have something to do with the bar man who is very unfriendly and a bit too cool for school! We tried to start conversation with him a number of times when sat at the bar

I really liked this hostel! Its clean, the location and a lovely staff!

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Norway

My girlfriend and I stayed in many hostels during out 2 week trip through Colombia. La Villana was hands down one of our favorites and we felt the best value for the money. It has a fun atmosphere, the private room was spacious and clean and the staff were helpful. It is also in a great location near the beachside boardwalk and pedestrian streets surrounding the local square in the historic district. Would definitely recommend.

This hostel feels more like a hotel. By far the best hostel we have stayed at in Colombia.

Very nice place and kind staff

Location is fine, hostel itself is nice. Staff had no idea about the transport to Mompos when I asked, and looked at me strangely when I said I wanted to go there.

The best hostal I've stayed throughout my trip in Colombia!!! Everything is so beautiful! Staff are super helpful! Environment is relaxing! Not your type of hostel if you're into some super loud party, but dun get me wrong, activities here are fun!! Enjoyed the salsa class a lot :) 100% recommendation!

Great location, really clean rooms, impressive courtyard with Jacuzzi although not perfectly working. I didn't like the fact that the door is not locked shut during the day, also. the air con wasn't strong enough on the one night it was really hot

Really good dorms, sweet plunge pool and Rv area in the centre of town

Excellent hostel. Location is great; just in the center of the city, yet away from the noise. Staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful. Common areas are really cosy and bar has great daiquiry in good price. I totally loved the idea of the stairs leading to the upper bads!

Beautiful and cosy hostel very well located (very close to beach, Cathedral and with lots of restaurants and bars all around). Dorms are good with comfy beds and AC (very important when you stay at Santa Marta!). They also have a cool bar and common room. Staff is friendly and helpful if you need information for the excursions. Its possible to leave your bag here when you go to Tayrona. Good breakfast also. Recommened if you want a cosy place (and not a party hostel) in the center of Santa Marta

Great staff, very helpful. Very good base for exploring the area.

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

This place is really a luxury hostel. It's aesthetically pleasing with a lovely open courtyard with huge palm trees. Lots of showers and separate toilet areas. Comfortable bunk beds, fan and A/C in rooms. Cool bar with cheap happy hour and super helpful staff with free maps and free baggage storage in the attic area. Loved staying there.

loved this hostel, interesting decor, really comfortable beds, all built in with big draws underneath for storage plus additional lockers.. lamps and powerpoints above each bed also.. the pool is small but enough to cool down and an awesome bonus in the first place! very clean, good showers and the outdoor showers were really nice :) The only issue we had was the noise from the television through the night, because my friends private room was directly behind that area..

Nice rooms with air conditioning, pool and court yard for relaxing and in a good part of town, but lacking in atmosphere. The bar looks awesome, but I barely saw anyone socializing (ok, drinking) the whole time I was there.