La Villana Hostel Reviews

calle17 No 3-70, Santa Marta, Colombia

Lovely hostel, comfy beds and very clean. Plenty of storage and space in the dorms. The outdoor showers were such a treat! Well equipped kitchen. Very comfy lounge area with Netflix, great place to just chill out. There is also a really cool bar but it was always empty. I think it may have something to do with the bar man who is very unfriendly and a bit too cool for school! We tried to start conversation with him a number of times when sat at the bar

My girlfriend and I stayed in many hostels during out 2 week trip through Colombia. La Villana was hands down one of our favorites and we felt the best value for the money. It has a fun atmosphere, the private room was spacious and clean and the staff were helpful. It is also in a great location near the beachside boardwalk and pedestrian streets surrounding the local square in the historic district. Would definitely recommend.

This hostel feels more like a hotel. By far the best hostel we have stayed at in Colombia.

Very nice place and kind staff

Location is fine, hostel itself is nice. Staff had no idea about the transport to Mompos when I asked, and looked at me strangely when I said I wanted to go there.

The best hostal I've stayed throughout my trip in Colombia!!! Everything is so beautiful! Staff are super helpful! Environment is relaxing! Not your type of hostel if you're into some super loud party, but dun get me wrong, activities here are fun!! Enjoyed the salsa class a lot :) 100% recommendation!

Great location, really clean rooms, impressive courtyard with Jacuzzi although not perfectly working. I didn't like the fact that the door is not locked shut during the day, also. the air con wasn't strong enough on the one night it was really hot

Really good dorms, sweet plunge pool and Rv area in the centre of town

Excellent hostel. Location is great; just in the center of the city, yet away from the noise. Staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful. Common areas are really cosy and bar has great daiquiry in good price. I totally loved the idea of the stairs leading to the upper bads!

Beautiful and cosy hostel very well located (very close to beach, Cathedral and with lots of restaurants and bars all around). Dorms are good with comfy beds and AC (very important when you stay at Santa Marta!). They also have a cool bar and common room. Staff is friendly and helpful if you need information for the excursions. Its possible to leave your bag here when you go to Tayrona. Good breakfast also. Recommened if you want a cosy place (and not a party hostel) in the center of Santa Marta

Great staff, very helpful. Very good base for exploring the area.

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

This place is really a luxury hostel. It's aesthetically pleasing with a lovely open courtyard with huge palm trees. Lots of showers and separate toilet areas. Comfortable bunk beds, fan and A/C in rooms. Cool bar with cheap happy hour and super helpful staff with free maps and free baggage storage in the attic area. Loved staying there.

Nice rooms with air conditioning, pool and court yard for relaxing and in a good part of town, but lacking in atmosphere. The bar looks awesome, but I barely saw anyone socializing (ok, drinking) the whole time I was there.

Great atmosphere! Spent Christmas 2014 there and the other travelers were really nice. Best Christmas eve in a long time.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

Fantastic hostel! Definitely our favorite one in our two-weeks trip around Colombia. The hostel is beautiful, dorms are really great, with new and comfortable beds, lockers; there is a common outdoors area in the middle, with a swimming pool tables and chairs to chill out anytime in the sun. The bathrooms are also great, pretty new and clean, as well as the kitchen. You can go out at night (the bars area is just around the corner, ask staff!). Special thanks to night staff for the swimming pool!

The air conditioned do not stay on all day, but the room and the bed are super good

Very good hostel - beautiful, clean, good security and in the heart of Santa Marta. The only downside was the lack of atmosphere but this was not the hostels fault - just the people staying there as everyone would rather be on wifi than talk to each other.

This is a beautiful hostel that is more like a boutique hotel. The dorm beds are the best we've seen during out stay each with its own power socket and steps up to the top bunks. The only problem, we didn't rate Santa Marta itself.

The hostel is relatively new and has excellent facilities and small details which make the hostel stand out from others (i.e. own bed light and socket, own storage room under the bed, a clean and relaxing swimming pool, a well equipped kitchen...) The staff is very friendly and helpful for all kind of questions. It is also very well located in Santa Marta in the center.

Nice hostel but hardly anyone there when I went so there wasn't any atmosphere or socialness for a solo traveller. Very clean and new though.