La Villana Hostel Reviews

calle17 No 3-70, Santa Marta, Colombia

The air conditioned do not stay on all day, but the room and the bed are super good

Very good hostel - beautiful, clean, good security and in the heart of Santa Marta. The only downside was the lack of atmosphere but this was not the hostels fault - just the people staying there as everyone would rather be on wifi than talk to each other.

This is a beautiful hostel that is more like a boutique hotel. The dorm beds are the best we've seen during out stay each with its own power socket and steps up to the top bunks. The only problem, we didn't rate Santa Marta itself.

Even though we were only at La Villana one night, I would highly recommend this hostel. Not only is it in a fabulous location (restaurants with happy hour drink specials are just a couple of blocks away. there is also a large supermarket 5 blocks away if you want to cook), but it is also a beautiful old-fashioned building with a courtyard in the middle. La Villana did a fantastic job of renovating the place. Great stay!

Amazing staff, this hostel feels and looks more like a boutique hostel, keeping prices affordable, and yet maintaining cleanliness, comfortable spaces, and service. Facilities are brand new, and they made an effort to offer the best sheets, free wifi, a bar, and a chill yet fun vibe. It's the best hostel i've visited in Colombia.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Great hostel in a great location! Very homely with a good bar and hangout area. Nice rooms with cold aircon, very friendly staff and an awesome Chiva bus party on Fridays highly recommended 👌

Love the staff here - so friendly and helpful. Needs more sinks though.

Fantastic staff who do everything the can tohelp you.

This was my first trip to Santa Marta. I thought the location was excellent. Nearby many restaurants, attractions and transportation. The helpful and friendly staff stood out in the memory of my stay here.

• 13th Sep 2014

This is easily one of the greatest hostels i have ever had the pleasure of staying in!!! I dont iften write reveiws, not unless a place really sticks out and the memory will stay with me forever. Amazing staff, fantastic atmosphere, clean friendly, homely & social. I highly recomend ro all tyoes of travelers ... Solo, grouos or couples this place will suit you perfectly. And if you have the pleasure of a night out with the staff you are in for a real treat. 10/10

Hi When I'm on holiday, I love to be completely free, especially that at work I have lot of serious responsibilies. I left my room real dirty in the morning without any explanation as I was heading to the national park. When I came back in the evening the manager who was a woman was extremely polite and nice to me when she explained the mess I left behind. I would like to thank her for all her kindness and patience. Thank you lovely Colombians and thank you La Villana hostel.

This hostel is incredible! Really friendly staff, super clean, nice beds with your own light and powerpoint, and a pool in the middle of the courtyard. Everything is really well-designed and new, location is great, really can´t recommend it highly enough!

My only problem was poor wifi when actually in our room, so I guess you could say that was no problem at all. Everyone at this hostel was superb and took great care of my large group of friends and I. This hostel is well located to make your way to the nearby beaches and bars from only a short walk to just 10 000 pesos to the beaches like Playa Grande and Playa Blanca. The location next to good restaurants and sites to walk around was excellent, we weren't far from anything while there. Come!

• 15th Aug 2014

Awesome pool, great friendly staff, awesome location right in the middle of the historical center of Santa Marta. Good food and weekend nightlife nearby as well as a big grocery store. Also, icy cold aircon which is awesome with how hot the Colombian coast is. One of the best hostels I stayed in during my 4 month trip in South America.

Super clean, very new hostel. Spacious room and bed. Nice lounge area with xbox + netflix which was great as well!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

I stayed here before and after doing the Lost City trek and it was perfect. Nice and chilled out during the day, pool in the middle of the courtyard. More of a party atmosphere in the evening (especially at weekends). Breakfast is optional but a good range to choose from. Near the beach and buses to Rodadero or Taganga. Beds are super comfy and have lockers. The staff are really nice and remembered me from before my trip when I came back. Ended up staying longer here than planned!

Great staff; very clean place with everything you need. But you do pay for this level of quality. However highly recommended.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Friendly, fluently English speaking staff. Very helpful with booking excursions. Great value!

HIGHLY reccommend this hostel. This place pretty much ticks all the boxes. It has everything you need, AC in all romos, good beds with powerpoints, decent kitchen, good range of breakfast on offer, jacuzzi, bar with an amazing bartender, TV with netflicks for the chill out nights, computers, WiFi. Its basically the closest hostel to all the decent nightlife in Santa Mata. Location couldnt be better. All the staff are amazing helping you with any tours. Will be coming back!!

Great location, helpful staff, comfy bed, fantastic breakfast. Felipe was a star! Couldn't ask for more really. Thank you!

• 8th Jul 2014