La Villana Hostel Reviews

calle17 No 3-70, Santa Marta, Colombia

Excellent stay, very clean and comfy, great air con. Rooms super clean. very helpful staff. Plenty of amenities available, more than the vast majority of hostels. Only downside is the poor wifi, needs to be updates and made stronger. Overall awesome stay

La Villana is a raet hostel to stay at! Really deserves all the good reviews it has gotten. Comfy home made beds with own outlet and lamp (which is so convenient), really nice staff, comfy hangout area with Netflix, really nice staff (mostly English speaking), really clean, and has a great location. Would really encourage you to stay here!

nice, helpfull staff

Perfect location, great staff, and excellent stay!

We chose this hostel because it was in the citycentre and close by the office of one of the "Lost city" tour operators. We stayed one night and I was pleased since everything was fine. The only comment would be that it was too cold in the room at night and too windy because of the fan. But overall a good hostel!

Excellent hostel! Great staff and very helpful! Nice rooms with air con and fans, personal lights/plugs. Large kitchen you can use and supermarket nearby. We used this as a base to get around locally and leave our big bags (Palomino/Minca/Tayrona). Breakfast is great. Only negatives: messed up our check in but sorted it instantly and the atmoshpere is very relaxed and chilled, not much to do at night, but lots to do locally and close to the beach! One of the top 5 we have stayed at in SA!

Excellent hostel. I tried different places in Santa Marta before finding La Villana. The dorm was perfect with actual stairs going to the upper bunks. I dont normally like upper bunks as I have an issue with the ladders, but in this case it was perfect. I could even leave my backpack on the last step of the staircase. Each bed had its own light and electrical plug. There was enough lockers for everyone. I didnt use the kitchen or the pool but they looked clean and nice.

Perfect hostel! Location is great, close to everything but on a quiet street. Best bunk beds in South America, built in & with stairs. Rooms and bathrooms are big and always clean. Common area is great and the kitchen is very well equipped. The bar is great and the staff are SO helpful. Bikes for hire, computers to use, good wifi and free towels. This place is more like a hotel than hostel. Would highly recommend!

The hostel is well located in the lively area of Santa Marta and close to the beach. It has a nice and playful design with the outdoor patio and palmtrees and open air showers. Two minusses: the pool was extremely dirty, the water was literally brown and looked like it hadnt been cleaned lately. And the bar, which is actually nice and part of the hostel, plays loud music untill very late. Our last night (sunday) even till 5 in the morning.. Aircon's in the room work very good!

Great place. Perfect location. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very quiet rooms at night but only one block from everything. Breakfast was delicious. Highly recommend it.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. The atmosphere is great, the staff super friendly and helpfull and English speaking. The dorms and showers are all great and everything is very clean. Also good breakfast and Dinner, great value for money. Only negative is that the WiFi didn't work when I was there. Would definetely recommend and will be back if I'm ever in santa marta again!! :)

Great boutique hostel. The people there were super kind and lovely. The pool in the middle is an added bonus. Good lockers and the bunks have stairs to get to the top which is great. Plugs at each bed and reading lights are great!!

Only stayed for a night but it was a really nice hostel. Staff were incredibly informative and helpful and speak English which is a bonus. They helped us organize our ciudad Perdida trek, and the hostel is literally around the corner from Expotur (a company for CP) which was awesome in the early morning departure. Didn't really like santa marta, but could chill at the hostel because it was so great. Gigantic palm trees in the courtyard was amazing! And the bar there had anything you needed!

Its a fantastic hostel in the historic center of Santa Marta, the bunkbeds are the best I seen in this type of acomodation... the place was chill and relaxed, the common areas were great and the breakfast ofered for a good price was really tasty and complete.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Colombia

Excellent! This place looks like a trendy boutique hotel & is very well located steps from the cathedral and playa in the historical center. The staff are WONDERFUL & extremely helpful and the place is kept clean and up-to-date, lots of plugs and the dorms have stairs up to the top bunks. A few comfy areas to chill out and aircon at night. There's also a hip little bar (happy hour pricing is a bit lame). This is one of the nicest places I've stayed in S. America and I highly recommend it!

Very well located, clean and well furnished hostel. Very friendly staff doing everything to make you feel good. We would highly recommend this place.

Lovely hostel, comfy beds and very clean. Plenty of storage and space in the dorms. The outdoor showers were such a treat! Well equipped kitchen. Very comfy lounge area with Netflix, great place to just chill out. There is also a really cool bar but it was always empty. I think it may have something to do with the bar man who is very unfriendly and a bit too cool for school! We tried to start conversation with him a number of times when sat at the bar

I really liked this hostel! Its clean, the location and a lovely staff!

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Norway

My girlfriend and I stayed in many hostels during out 2 week trip through Colombia. La Villana was hands down one of our favorites and we felt the best value for the money. It has a fun atmosphere, the private room was spacious and clean and the staff were helpful. It is also in a great location near the beachside boardwalk and pedestrian streets surrounding the local square in the historic district. Would definitely recommend.

This hostel feels more like a hotel. By far the best hostel we have stayed at in Colombia.