La Vita House Reviews

541-543 E Speedway Blvd, Tucson, USA

I loved this place! great character and the owner is very nice.

I was a bit unsure what to expect from the photos, but I very much enjoyed my stay! I ordered a twin private, and ended up in an enormous room with a King bed! Located really close to he uni and easy to get to downtown.

It was my worst experience in Hostels. First of all when I made the reservation they didn't show me that I had made a reservation for a yurt in the yard. I requested to change to a real bedroom inside the house. When I got there I was really scared the house was weird. It looked like I was in a horror movie. Plus, House's owner looked like a psychopath. I paid the night and didn't stay there. I looked for other place to stay. Don't go to this Hostel! I'm not exaggerating about it.

Very good value for money. Dean, the landlord, was very helpful and kind.

It's a little odd staying here, because it doesn't really strike me as being a hostel, but rather it's more like student accommodation that is advertised as a hostel. This means that the encumbent residents can potentially view you as an intrusion into their living space, rather than a fellow traveller, which can be uncomfortable. Also, there is christian iconography everywhere. If you are christian then it won't bother you, but it certainly gave me an implicit sense of being 'other'.

• 13th Sep 2014

Right by the college. The owners are really nice.

• 6th Sep 2014

Accommodation was very cheep. The room was clean. And I was able to spend comfortaby. They were very kindly.

View all Tucson Bed and Breakfasts