La Vita House Reviews

541-543 E Speedway Blvd, Tucson, USA

I could not recommend this place to backpackers.

Right off of bus line. Went to gem show and was able to go back and forth without having to rent a car. I was given my own room with a queen bed and great linens and quilt. IThe antique tub and shower had great water presure and had nice hot water to relax in morning and night. The host was vrry cordial. I really enjoyed my stay and things were very quiet.

Dean was a very good host . Quirky building. Close to bus and 4th ave and the university area.Lovely verandah for sunsets and mornings .

• 1st Feb 2015

Had a great stay

• 28th Jan 2015

I loved this place! great character and the owner is very nice.

I was a bit unsure what to expect from the photos, but I very much enjoyed my stay! I ordered a twin private, and ended up in an enormous room with a King bed! Located really close to he uni and easy to get to downtown.

It was my worst experience in Hostels. First of all when I made the reservation they didn't show me that I had made a reservation for a yurt in the yard. I requested to change to a real bedroom inside the house. When I got there I was really scared the house was weird. It looked like I was in a horror movie. Plus, House's owner looked like a psychopath. I paid the night and didn't stay there. I looked for other place to stay. Don't go to this Hostel! I'm not exaggerating about it.

Very good value for money. Dean, the landlord, was very helpful and kind.

It's a little odd staying here, because it doesn't really strike me as being a hostel, but rather it's more like student accommodation that is advertised as a hostel. This means that the encumbent residents can potentially view you as an intrusion into their living space, rather than a fellow traveller, which can be uncomfortable. Also, there is christian iconography everywhere. If you are christian then it won't bother you, but it certainly gave me an implicit sense of being 'other'.

• 13th Sep 2014

Right by the college. The owners are really nice.

• 6th Sep 2014