La Vita House Reviews

541-543 E Speedway Blvd, Tucson, USA

I enjoyed the stay, and would stay there again.

There are several separate buildings at this property all set around a courtyard. I stayed in the main house, in which the owner's family lives. Guests are mostly international students, not backpackers or travellers really. There is a nice kitchen, awesome balcony with amazing views, spacious bathroom, and a couple refrigerators. Bikes can be locked outside, and there is space to park. Owner was friendly, no issues. It's walking distance to 4th Avenue and the UofA. Good stay overall.

It was NOT as advertised. It's some sort of religious study house and had more a B&B vibe. It smelt funny upon entry like carpet and cat. Furthermore, nothing was labeled and no front office/reception. No one greeted me despite ringing he bell numerous times even though I eventually found the couple in the part of he house they reside in. The room was large, comfortable and had a fridge. If you're looking for a typical hostel this is not it. If you want somewhere quiet then it's more suitable.

This hostel is in a large historic house right across from the University area. While the house certainly had great architecture, it was clearly not meant as a hostel. The place smells like cats/diapers (badly), doesn't have a sign, had ZERO socialization between guests, had no common area and a dirty kitchen. Clean room but very loud with people washing dishes at all hours only a couple feet away. Wound up paying $40 for this, when a hotel costs $10 more in the area.

I had a very pleasant stay proprietor extended Arizona hospitality to us. Very cool building with all kinds of amenities and yurt. Outback. The host is very accommodating. Great location right down the street from the University of Arizona.

I could not recommend this place to backpackers.

Right off of bus line. Went to gem show and was able to go back and forth without having to rent a car. I was given my own room with a queen bed and great linens and quilt. IThe antique tub and shower had great water presure and had nice hot water to relax in morning and night. The host was vrry cordial. I really enjoyed my stay and things were very quiet.

Dean was a very good host . Quirky building. Close to bus and 4th ave and the university area.Lovely verandah for sunsets and mornings .

• 1st Feb 2015

Had a great stay

• 28th Jan 2015

I loved this place! great character and the owner is very nice.

View all Tucson Bed and Breakfasts