La petite auberge de Saint-Sernin Reviews

17 rue d Embarthe, Toulouse, France

If you are on your own and arrive late my advise is to get a taxi there, as you will go through some dogie parts of the city and you most certainly do not want to walk through them alone or even in a group. Beds were good, it was clean and tidy. Lockers were not big enough for my backpack. Bathrooms need updating, a bit concerned that I could see the electric wires especially when the bathroom fogged up easily when having a shower. Wifi comes and goes in the rooms, use the common areas.

• 22nd May 2015
  • New Zealand

The lockers were quite small. Some travellers would rather have a locker which would fit all their luggage in if management take no responsibility for theft from the rooms. Otherwise the location is great (five minutes from Place du Capitole). The room I stayed in was immaculately clean, had cooking facilities and a balcony with a wonderful view. I would stay here again.

• 21st May 2015

Should have some sort of vending machine for water And snacks.

Simply loved it there. Thank you especially to Lourdes for making it so special!

When i check in and check out, i need to wait for the reception for a while as it not during reception office hours

Excellent little hostel. Full kitchens stocked with utensils in every room, full ensuite bathroom, outside area to chill (nice, but not amazing), very nice decor. Woke up Sunday morning and found a giant street market two blocks away, also nearby groceries and kebabs. Highly recommended. You could litteraly live here.

Good hostel! Good people, good amenities and good atmosphere.

• 7th May 2015

The hostel was in a very good location and I quite liked the receptionist, very friendly and clear in explaining every detail the hostel. The room was clean, the only small drawback was that there was no cutlery available in the room. Maybe it was not supposed to be there, but it would be useful for short stays like mine to know where to get them! Apart from this, I absolutely loved the building and the room!

• 2nd May 2015

Good location, good facilities, friendly staff, even a kitchen in the room. Special mention to Lourdes who really helped make my stay in Toulouse exceptional :)

I don't think this is a travellers hostel, every person I encountered was French and only staying one night. The location seems to be in a rather unwelcoming location and I wouldn't recommend going out at night. That said the staff were friendly, the facilities were good, ensuite and a kitchenette in the room. Feels a little like a work in progress, probably not the best hostel for your money, but you could do worse.

Very friendly informative staff. Clean room. Good facilities. Definitely recommended.

The area around the hostel was a little unsettling, but there is a way to avoid it. The hostel is in good walking distance to the church, main street and the river. The kitchen was basic but working and the rooms were clean and there was plenty of bathrooms. Receptionist was enthusiastic and friendly.

One of the worst hostels I've ever been in my life. Too expensive compared to what they offer. I would not recommend. The room was incredibly noisy during the night (water pipes or something else), anyway I couldn't sleep.

Staff were great to us. We needed to change room when we got there to put us all in the one room and they did that for us with no issues. They were helpful with what to do and see in town and they were all very nice.

Excellent little hostel in terms of friendliness! This was my first time in a hostel and I felt very at ease - the cadena lockers system is great. Only thing I would say is that the location is good as it is 5/10 mins from Capitole, but the streets leading up to the hostel are a little bit quiet and dark at night. As a young girl alone, I felt a bit worried walking back by myself. Otherwise, can't fault it!

• 10th Apr 2015

Lovely little hostel!

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Antarctica

I stayed at the Saint-Sernin hostel for one night, and had a great experience. The location is good: a short walk from Place de la Capitole, and right next to the extremely cool Saint-Sernin Basilica. The hostel staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms have kitchens, and they also have lockers/cupboards. They let you borrow a lock against a ten euro deposit. The common spaces were pleasant and the atmosphere was warm. I met French students as well as travelers from the U. S. and Australia.

Lovely hostel and even better staff. So friendly and knowledgeable!

They were great! Good location, very friendly staff. There is a reception lockout between noon and two, but other than that everything is very good.

For a coupe of nights in Toulouse it was a pleasant enough stay. Comfortable and had all the basic amnemities. Seemed to be big school groups in and out a fair fit. It's very close to a metro stop which is a grey advantage.