La petite auberge de Saint-Sernin Reviews

17 rue d Embarthe, Toulouse, France

I don't think this is a travellers hostel, every person I encountered was French and only staying one night. The location seems to be in a rather unwelcoming location and I wouldn't recommend going out at night. That said the staff were friendly, the facilities were good, ensuite and a kitchenette in the room. Feels a little like a work in progress, probably not the best hostel for your money, but you could do worse.

Very friendly informative staff. Clean room. Good facilities. Definitely recommended.

One of the worst hostels I've ever been in my life. Too expensive compared to what they offer. I would not recommend. The room was incredibly noisy during the night (water pipes or something else), anyway I couldn't sleep.

Staff were great to us. We needed to change room when we got there to put us all in the one room and they did that for us with no issues. They were helpful with what to do and see in town and they were all very nice.

Excellent little hostel in terms of friendliness! This was my first time in a hostel and I felt very at ease - the cadena lockers system is great. Only thing I would say is that the location is good as it is 5/10 mins from Capitole, but the streets leading up to the hostel are a little bit quiet and dark at night. As a young girl alone, I felt a bit worried walking back by myself. Otherwise, can't fault it!

• 10th Apr 2015

Lovely little hostel!

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Antarctica

I stayed at the Saint-Sernin hostel for one night, and had a great experience. The location is good: a short walk from Place de la Capitole, and right next to the extremely cool Saint-Sernin Basilica. The hostel staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms have kitchens, and they also have lockers/cupboards. They let you borrow a lock against a ten euro deposit. The common spaces were pleasant and the atmosphere was warm. I met French students as well as travelers from the U. S. and Australia.

Lovely hostel and even better staff. So friendly and knowledgeable!

They were great! Good location, very friendly staff. There is a reception lockout between noon and two, but other than that everything is very good.

For a coupe of nights in Toulouse it was a pleasant enough stay. Comfortable and had all the basic amnemities. Seemed to be big school groups in and out a fair fit. It's very close to a metro stop which is a grey advantage.

Location is best part of this hostel, you can walk everywhere close by. Not many options for hostels in toulouse, but you should def stay at this one. Lots of young travellers.

The area wasn't so safe, and the beds could have been more comfortable, but the rooms were nice and I was glad to have a piano. Could have used a can opener. Would have preferred female only room.

Lovely place, so convenient. Would definitely stay there again next time I'm in Toulouse!

• 5th Mar 2015

Located in the center of Toulouse, so you can walk everywhere. The zone isn't bad, but has many bars/pubs near, it's a party zone. They have basic kitchen in the room, and there's a supermarket 2 minutes walking. My room was inside of building, the window has views to a garden so nothing of noise at night (the garden is closed at night). The common room it's a garage with some chairs, sofa and table, in winter it's cold. In the room only we have 1 plug socket, but there is a power strip. WIFI ok

Quite dissatisfied. The common area is basically a garage (cold) with castaway furniture. My room was on that floor and was very cold when I checked in - it took hours to warm up. Annoying hours for reception and luggage rooms to be open. The unfriendly man at reception didn't give me a towel (assumed it was in the room) and then when I wanted to shower the next morn, reception didn't open til 10 (also where the coffee is). Cannot retrieve luggage btwn 12:30-2:30. Dirty bathroom. Location okay.

Really great hostel. In a good location central in Toulouse. The woman at reception (I never got her name) was extremely nice and helpful. The rooms were cozy and well-equipped with a kitchen if you want to cook there. Would definitely recommend for a short stay in Toulouse.

Nice Place.

Friendly staff. Very nice room. Place deserves a 24h reception!

No plugs to charge your stuff!!!! 6 people have to share 1 plug in kitchen. Bunk beds are so low than you cant sit down if your on the bottom!!! Everything else was great though.

Really bad network signal and wrak wi-fi. Bad I enjoyed my staying

• 17th Jan 2015