La petite auberge de Saint-Sernin Reviews

17 rue d Embarthe, Toulouse, France

I really like this youth hostel, it's the best one I went. The room was nice with a kitchen and everything to make food and breakfast. There were 2 tables : one inside and one... on the balcony ! And enough chairs for everybody so I could prepare correctly my job interview. The common room was great with a lot of sofas, tables on the terrasse... it invites people to friendly interact.

I was here only one night as a stop between train connections, but I wish that I'd been able to stay longer because this hostel had by far the best social atmosphere of any on my trip. It's smallish size and great social spaces in the living room allowed me to meet so many cool people when I was just planning to treat this as an overnight stop. Some of the people I talked to extended their stays in Toulouse to stay longer in this hostel. Reception was also incredibly nice and helpful.

Was alright, a bit expensive for what you get, but there's not really many other options. Wifi was okay, not great. Kitchen in the room was surprisingly well equipped. Good location, close to the city.

Great staff and good atmosphere!

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Finland

This hostel is quite expensive for what you get. The location is quite central but the area is dodgy. As a young female travelling alone I did not feel safe walking here at night. The atmosphere is very poor, with most people just passing through. The staff are quite helpful and friendly. The place is quite run down but it is relatively clean. There is no atmosphere here and it's very difficult to meet people.

Good location: only a 10-min walk to Place Capitole, two supermarkets, metro, and airport shuttle bus stop nearby. The rooms are basic except that there is a mini kitchen included. (I personally wouldn't like anyone cooking in my room.) The beds are unexpectedly good: they don't creak as bunk beds often do. Two problems: 1) having shower makes the whole room damp (the hood doesn't help); 2) the basement dorm has a window opening to the street which is quite noisy. Bring your own ear plugs.

The staff are very helpful and friendly and that just makes ones stay that little bit better! Thank you!

Great location and helpful staff. Kitchens in my room had a fridge and burners! Overall very nice

I had a really nice stay at this hostel! Great atmosphere to meet people and really close to a great area to go out at night right by the river. Was easy to meet people in my room and also easy to meet people downstairs in the outdoor garden area during the daytime. Would not walk around the area at night alone as a woman but was totally fine once I had made friends.

Good hostel - competent staff, functional amenities. Fantastic location, and great people. If you're not afraid of a real hostel experience, I would recommend.

• 6th Jun 2015

I enjoyed my stay here, but it is not for everyone. The hostel itself is safe; however, the walk up to it is through a seedy area with many rowdy people loitering. Also they continue to party early into the morning, which you can hear from the beds. I disagree with the reviews of cleanliness, the facilities are clean, just old. The staff is very friendly. To sum it up: this is a great place for a cheap stay with all the necessities, but not luxurious. It has a very social atmosphere as well.

nice quiet hostel, helpful staff and pleasant common area.

• 24th May 2015

The hostel was good enough for my visit. My room had a small cooking area, but it wasn't in a separate area so I couldn't use it to cook breakfast in the morning without making a lot of noise. I didn't really like being in the common room, but my room was quite large and had a nice balcony (the bathroom was also large). I would probably stay here again if I were with a group of people and had a whole room booked, but probably not by myself.

If you are on your own and arrive late my advise is to get a taxi there, as you will go through some dogie parts of the city and you most certainly do not want to walk through them alone or even in a group. Beds were good, it was clean and tidy. Lockers were not big enough for my backpack. Bathrooms need updating, a bit concerned that I could see the electric wires especially when the bathroom fogged up easily when having a shower. Wifi comes and goes in the rooms, use the common areas.

The lockers were quite small. Some travellers would rather have a locker which would fit all their luggage in if management take no responsibility for theft from the rooms. Otherwise the location is great (five minutes from Place du Capitole). The room I stayed in was immaculately clean, had cooking facilities and a balcony with a wonderful view. I would stay here again.

• 21st May 2015

Should have some sort of vending machine for water And snacks.

Simply loved it there. Thank you especially to Lourdes for making it so special!

When i check in and check out, i need to wait for the reception for a while as it not during reception office hours

Excellent little hostel. Full kitchens stocked with utensils in every room, full ensuite bathroom, outside area to chill (nice, but not amazing), very nice decor. Woke up Sunday morning and found a giant street market two blocks away, also nearby groceries and kebabs. Highly recommended. You could litteraly live here.

Good hostel! Good people, good amenities and good atmosphere.

• 7th May 2015