La petite auberge de Saint-Sernin Reviews

17 rue d Embarthe, Toulouse, France

Nothing super special about this hostel. The kitchen inside of the room was a bit weird, beds were comfy though. Guy at reception explained the sights of the city to us but didnt try to "sell" it as a lot of other hostel staff might. Not having guaranteed access to the luggage room during the middle of the day was a hassle, it meant i had to carry my stuff with me all day before catching a flight later in the afternoon

I stayed for 2 nights in a 4shared room which was clean, pretty and for my surprise we even had a kitchen, microwave, a kettle, dishes, silverware and a beautiful balcony inside our room. The environment is really cool ... travelers and the staff are really friendly and the facilities help to have a good time: they have a grill, table games,ping pong, a big living room to meet new people. The hostal is good located to visit the touristic places, but I felt that the neighborhood is not the safe

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Colombia

Each room oddly had its own kitchen which meant when yoy cooked the room smelt of whatever you ate! Apart from that the hostel was very nice, small but friendly. Someone had a bbq one night and feed everyone! The location was great, just 5 minutes walk and you were in the main square.

Located just by the old town. Nice restaurants and pubs just outside the entrance. Clean, friendly, customer centered hostel. I had a lovely stay here.

excellent

I didn't love it. Is not that I hated it but it could be better. Rooms are a bit small and you struggle to find a place to leave your luggage. Also it was an odyssey to charge my phone because in a 6 bed room there were only 3 plugs. Bathroom was a bit poor. Although staff was nice. People was lovely and they also have a cool terrace.

Has everything you need and you can walk to the main sights. The rooms are a decent size and comfortable, with lockers too. It's strange that the kitchens are in the rooms, so difficult you want to sleep after travelling/someone is cooking late or you have to eat after checking out. The staff are happy to answer questions and helped me (thank you!) although the reception is not open all the time; difficult if you need to check out very early or have a problem.

The hostel seems unsafe to me- no one ever locks the doors and strangers wander from room to room. Its also very loud in the night so bring earplugs. Lastly, people gather in each room so its not a good place for getting to sleep early. On the other hand the party always seems to be going so if that is what you want maybe this is the place. There are stoves and refrigerators in each room which might be nice but it also means people are cooking at all hours when maybe you want to sleep.

• 10th Aug 2015

clean!!!!!!!!!!! kitchen in rooms are terrible. I don't wanna wake up with sausages smell!!! staff support very very low

• 10th Aug 2015

I stayed there for only 1 night. The hostel is located 25 minutes walking from train station and less than 10 from city centre. Staff was alright. During lunch time you cannot check in (siesta???). I didnt like the fact there is a small kitchen inside the room. Bathrooms and beds were ok. No plugs next to the bed. Good travellers vibe, easy to meet people.

As all hostels, bring a set of earplugs on weekends it can get noisy outside. It seemed to be in a pretty shady place BUT nothing happend and all is well. Nice place, great staff and travelers.

Within easy walking distance from le Capitole, and from Toulouse's excellent public transportation. Toulouse is an amazing city, and this is a great place to stay while there. Only problem I encountered was the heat, it was incredibly warm in my room with very little air circulation, and the room was right on the street, so opening the window at night would be risky business. Very nice staff, and accommodations.

I stayed in a 4-bed female room with a toilet & shower, a kitchenette, and even better, a balcony. Excellent dorm room. I liked it very much. Bad neighborhood, though. I was warned, checking in, to beware of the young people loitering around the property; they liked to steal your cellphone and sell it. In those two nights I was there, I felt deeply unsafe, scared even. Hey, this is France!

Hostel was interesting... We arrived in Toulouse around 10:45 and got a text from the receptionist that there would be no one there to greet us because the office closes at 11 pm. They provided us with the pass codes for the gates to enter the hostel/etc. The receptionist helped us find our way via phone call / text because the directions were very vague. The common room ceiling was covered in spiders and it was not the cleanest atmosphere. The rooms were ok but the bathroom was pretty dirty.

As a single traveller, i wanted to stay in a safe hostel to meet people and hang out with: - The area is dodgy and i didn't feel comfortable walking on my own at night or early in the morning - I was a bit bored. I found it really bizzare that all the kitchen facilities are in the room - in other hostels, i found that the kitchen was a great place to meet people, but this was obviously lacking here. Had a few drinks with people on a night but i've not kept in touch with anyone.

Was one of the best hostels I've stayed in, good location close walk to the centre and the staff and atmosphere were the greatest. Would definitely recommend it

Amazing place! Very, very cozy, super social atmosphere, great staff, nice rooms with lockers, and power sockets next to the beds. Definitely five stars!

each room has a kitchenette and dining table which is awesome! cool area downstairs to meet people, and good atmosphere overall. I would definately stay here again

The staff was very friendly and helpful

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Denmark

The owner sat us down as we walked into reception, asked us if we were in a rush, and we said no. He then offered us some beer and proceeded to ask us about who we were and tell us about his story and why he started the hostel ! It was a great story , ask him about it if you have the chance. Very kind , very welcoming :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5