Labyrinth Hostel Reviews

Lindengasse 4, Vienna, Austria

The price is tricky as it doubles from door to door compared to internet (12€ small dormitory, 16€ large dormitory, and more for private rooms). I've been trapped as I didn't book the day I arrived, so I had to find a wifi place to book my room, and guess what, it was written full online so I had to pay the hostel price. How to earn money.. But the location is great and if you are aware of that it's a good price in Wien. The staff is grumpy but they is a great atmosphere.

• 6th Sep 2014

Those guys are far a way from being hospital specially at reception

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Austria

cool price for the hostel in downtown

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Ukraine

It didn't feel safe, the dorm was in another street just behind a flimsy door with the beds in a long corridor immediately behind that - no security and no staff around. It also meant that as I was near the entrance everyone else was walking back and forth right next to me and as it was a big dorm that was a lot of people. As bathrooms were the other end it meant then having to walk passed everyone else when you used them. It was a cheap price but I've had better for that.

First, I booked 12 bed dorm, however, they put me in what the receptionist called "the Big room". Basically it´s not even a room. It look more like a former showroom or something, because its is big space with no doors or even walls to separate what they call "rooms A,B and C. there has been in total about 22 people sleeping, the kitchen was next door, so you could hear everything. Furthermore, from the point of security, you could basically enter the room from the street, the door was too poor.

really excelent location just next street to Mariahilfer Strasse, the dorms are located in great old appartments, everything is working well, the receptionists are helpful, only the dorms are very small, but its okay for weekend away with group of friends, just for spending one or two nights in...and its very affordable

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Slovakia

All I can say is.... eh. The reason why I say that is that you get what you pay for. One of the cheapest hostels I've stayed at and they do say in their bio that they are a hostel so they can't provide you with EVERYTHING. But on the other hand, I've stayed in much nicer hostels where the beds are completely crammed in and danky feeling. Location is decent, but the atmosphere kinda sucks. To be honest, might just be an Austrian thing; not a very warm city in my experience.

• 27th Aug 2014

For the price it was, I wasn't expecting much but wow it was awesome and we met great people there too! Definitely recommending this place!

• 19th Aug 2014

For the money we paid it was an okish place to stay. Check out is at 11 and they don't even let u stay in the common area 1 sec after that so we had to wonder around down town look for a place to use wifi and hide from rain. We got a dirty room with used linens that we had to change by ourselves. u can hear everything that happens outside of your room due to poor isolation. Overall we felt we r sleeping in a building site but again.. Compare to other places its not that expensive

Wifi did not work properly. Very small room, arguably too small. Hostel is divided over several locations. I was alone so it didn't bother me, but do take note of this if traveling in groups.

An interesting place actually spread out over different flats in the immediate area. We stayed in location 8 which was nice, roomy, with enough showers. The reception may lack a bit of security when bags are left there for the day. Location just behind the Muzeum quarter is great, lots of great places yo go out nearby.

Don't stay here. The staff quite candidly used my credit details to extract €70 from my account. This was an act of theft, and I am pursuing the matter. I fear that it may have happened before, and may happen again, so please refrain from staying here. I'd hate for this to happen to anyone else. Otherwise, the place was filthy, not good value, smelt rather odd and the staff were phenomenally rude.

That staff is unfriendly, unhelpful and incomprehensible in their broken English. The rooms portrayed in the pictures are very different than the actual rooms, scattered in three different buildings. Your "12 bed" room is going to be a section of a 40-50 bed corridor with no doors or separation whatsoever between you and the other "rooms" or the kitchen, which is also where the bathroom area is.The rooms are simply not clean. Great location though. Would not recommend.

Location was really good, but staff wadn't nice and I didn't feel like they wanted to help. Rooms weren't very clean and organized.

Only functional and rather dismal, but if you're just looking for a cheap sleep right in the center of Vienna it's a good deal. They should tell you in advance they don't accept credit cards.

• 14th Aug 2014

You get what you pay for - still, the lady at the counter surprised us with rude instructions. You dont stay at the address which is provided but have to go to another building aprox. 5 minutes away. The directions justify the name of the hostel. One meter behind the front door, the first bed is standing. The bedroom has 18 beds, not 12. Still, great location, WIFI and low rate. Suitable for one night.

Perfect location! Big room with no window, but air was okay. Only thing to improve is the wifi. Definitely good place to stay.

Everything was great except there was really no kitchen. Maybe that's on purpose, but that really brings the place's rating down.

Staffs are unhelpful and unfriendly, always cancelling the reservations of guests. Stay in this hostel if you like racist receptionists, dusty and dirty beds, floors, lockers. Everything has extra and hidden charges. Staffs are stingy with maps. Lights do not work and staffs won't bother fixing them. Location is not in the stated address. Stated address is for the reception. Your actually accommodation is a walk away. Dishonest staffs.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

We were several of us staying together at this hostel in the big dormitory, which contains actuall 26 beds (separated in "3" rooms which is actually not the case, no door between these 3 rooms). Comments: - security : the big dormitory is on the ground floor, directly on the street; so we felt a little unsafe - staff : not very welcoming, not especially nice and some of the staff was not speaking well english. - not really clean (an big insect came out from a locker!!) - no nice atmosphere.

• 10th Aug 2014