Labyrinth Hostel Reviews

Lindengasse 4, Vienna, Austria

It was not a bad accomodation to stay for one night but the place is really small, if there were some other people it would be a bit too small and it could be a bit cleaner, as well. Staying for longer it's not the best place, but for short it's okay.

The worst hostel i've never seen, almost no windows, just a micro waves as a kitchen, and it´s smelly! The first thing i did when i arrived at labyrinth was to booked another hostel for the day after! Don't go there

• 21st Oct 2014

One of my hostel mates was from Bosnia. He said it reminded him of a refugee camp. In the part of the hostel I was in there was little airflow and got pretty dank.

The Staff was really helpful. But the condition and atmosphere was not good. The toilets and other facilities were very poor. But as it was near the center at very low price then you can go for it. I was just sleeping at hostel and i was out the whole day so it was okay for me.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • India

If you don't have to, don't. Ok value for the money. Staff are never around, bathrooms could use some work cleanliness wise. Was good for me because I spent my days outside doing things and only had to sleep there. No natural light in rooms B or C so it was hard to judge time and most of us slept super late unfortunately.

Great little underrated hostel, I really don't understand why there are such bad reviews. The rooms were small but if you're staying in a hostel you would expect that. Only thing I didn't like was that there was no seating in the common areas, so no real socialising with people outside of your room. Other than than, staff were great, facilities were great and location was amazing!

The hostel was deeply below any of my expectations of cleanliness in the rooms and bathrooms (defecation in the shower!) and the helpfulness of the staff. it was very sad to realise, that the 3 of us (friends) reserved a four-bed mixed room for ourselves together, but it was somehow not self-evident for the staff that we made the reservation this way because we want to stay in the same room. shame on you Labyrinth Hostel! Your guest, who visited you for the third (and the last) time.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Hungary

Great Location, close to down town (10-15 mints) walking, staff are good and hospital, dorms are okay for a weekend away, and i got what i paid for.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Jordan

The shower are not helpful. You have to be naked in front of other people. The cleanliness is not sufficient. Bed have yellow marks and the floor, specially in the bathroom can be disgusting.

Hostel was good enough for the value we paid. Clean, close to the centre. That's what I expected from it.

The shower should be improve. There is nothing to let the clothes in the shower. That is why, people have to show naked in the bathroom, while other people could be there. Cleanliness is not good. Several beds have yellow stains... Hairs can be seen.

Inexpensive with a great location, but you sacrifice cleanliness. Overall good value for money.

• 23rd Sep 2014

That's the definition of the corridor that we were put on! It's not even a room. It was a club and they put beds on it! Do not go! Is not worth the money at all!! I tried to stay the less time as possible! Once again, DO NOT GO!

• 22nd Sep 2014

actually in kitchen is only microwave and broken teapot...maybe 1 tea spoon for all hostel, maybe 1-2 knifes(include plastic), 2 dirty WC...

It's cheap, so it's what's expected! The room was Very cold, and the building was a little run down. But, the showers were nice and hot, and there was a kettle and mixrowave. They also supplied a blanket and pillow with sheets.

A horrible stay! The staff has problem with English and speaks almost just Russian (and we are in Wien!), both of the nights I stayed I found somebody else sleeping in my bed (they were assigning more people than beds in the same room). The hostel was way dirtier than any I have found in all my life, bugs around and almost all furniture was broken or somehow not functioning (including sanitaries: 1 WC for 16 people). Good location, but next time they should pay me to stay there...

• 19th Sep 2014

Helpful staff, perfect location, so if you want explore the city center you can just take a nice walk. You will get clean bedlinen, acces to Wi-Fi, microwave oven and kettle.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Poland

It is the only place in Vienna offering fair rates with excellent location. Do not support hostel charging hotel prices! Everything pass EUR 10 in western Europe is basically money laundary, everything past EUR 7 in eastern europe is SCAM, salaries are still half level asking EU prices in CZ, SK, BG, PL, HR, TK is SCAM. Avoid arabs owned hostels in London untill they learn that they deal with people and not chicken! Basically all the hostels around bayswatter. The "Smart" hostels especially

Why we should support hostels as the Labyrinth (though far from perfect )? It is the last Vienna hostel which kept the essence of what is the purpose of a hostel. First and above all is the affordability. If hostel is not affordable it could be as fancy as MTV it won't do any good. A lot of hostels in EU especially in the new eastern provinces are making a killing asking prices far beyond the country salary level or the shabby 3bunk bed cellar dorms in London. This scam should not be supported!

great location