Lady Ruthelen Reviews

3775 Ruthelen Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90018, Los Angeles, USA

Breakfast is really good!!! Stuff is very friendly and it feels like home there!! It was the best hostel i had till now... In california!! The only problem was that it was overbooked and me and some other people had to wait more than 2 hours for our room to be ready!!!

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Really great breakfast (waffles, strawberries, eggs, bacon, sausages), driver dor to the station and supermarket! Nice staff!

Don't go to Ruthelen Street when check-in. Check-in is at Rochester Circle, 3 blocks away. Cons: - Bad mattress. Could feel the spring of the mattress - No signs at Ruthelen St. that tells you where to check-in or room numbers - No bin in the dorm room, which makes is messy - No the nicest neighbourhood and very far from the beach - They overbook the hostel in case of people not showing up, some people had to sleep on air mattress Pros: - Friendly staff - Big swimming pool - Breakfast

They had a problem of overbooking and so we did not stay at Lady Ruthelen hostel, but we stayed at the Rochester Mansion, a bed and breakfast where the office is located. We payed for 3beds in a 6beds dorm and at the end we stayed in a private room. The breakfast was amazing, with waffles, eggs, bacon, porridge, milk, coffee, juice.. The position is not very good, but there is the Metro station nearby. They gave us blankets, towels and there is also the pool in the garden!

• 26th Jul 2014

This Place is HAND DOWN THE BEST i've ever been to from New york,'British'place it was good from Chicago,IHSP was great but here in LA Lady Ruthelen IS ANOTHER LEVEL,The staffs are super friendly and very very nice,They come and pick me and my mom from MetroExpoLine with no charge of money and they can send you there anytime you want to , What a Quality service like no other.period.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

The waffle and the whole breakfast was amazinggggggg.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

Very very well organised hostel, most organised I have stayed in, in the USA and I have stayed in at least 20. Free breakfast which is big to say the least, free laundry, friendly staff always around if you need anything, swimming pool, close to the train station, and you don't have to take the covers off the bed after they even do that as well. Would recommend. Only thing is it is quite far from beach but still easily accessible.

• 9th Jul 2014

A great hostel run by a group of equally great people. All the facilities you need and fun stuff to do at the hostel on weekends.

Amazing hostel! Extremely clean and staff are the friendliest I have seen at any hostel. Contrary to another review that called the location rundown, it is in an extremely peaceful middle class neighborhood and I felt much safer than any hostel I have stayed at in the states. It almost felt more like a bed and breakfast with international travelers and the breakfast was humongous and delicious!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Stay was good! House very clean and new, staff nice, train close to house! Big kitchen to cook too.

My friend recommended me to this hostel, as this was my first time staying in a place like this. I've never stayed in a dorm before, but I was very pleased with the room I booked into. The room was very spacious, and their housekeeping staff made sure to tidy up every day. The common areas were also kept clean, and it was fun to socialize with other guests who came from all around the world. Next time I'm in LA, I'm coming here again!

• 13th May 2014

As an American, I can tell when other Americans open a hostel for purely economical reasons vs to create and facilitate the spirit of international youth travel. It’s a house in a very run down part of Los Angeles. Nothing more. There are long term guest there, mostly ignorant Americans, who get drunk and make the international travelers uncomfortable. Over all my feelings are very so so, to annoyed at my stay ad Lady Ruthelen. Read more at my blog: http://thehosteler.wordpress.com/2014/

Filthy carpets, smelly rooms, incredibly HOT. On the website they advertise 'air conditioning', but after staying for three days I was told 'we lost the key, can't use no AC with no key'. Really?! Bad location: I was harassed and saw domestic violence on a Sunday afternoon outside of the hotel. This is upsetting because the doors are not usually locked and there is no staff guarding any of the houses. The breakfast is some stale poptarts in a tub on the counter. Don't make this mistake!

• 31st Aug 2013

We apologize for your miserable experience. We have rectified the A/C issue. We are sorry you had to witness what you did. Our location is generally quite safe especially since the neighborhood has great respect for our services as they are connected to a rather famous Hollywood actor. Such things as open domestic violence seldom occur. Also, we have diversified our breakfast menu. We still have poptarts.

Nice staffs and great location

very friendly and helpfull staff

• 22nd Aug 2013

Reservation cancelled the day before our arrival. We went to the place to get the refund, and they said that they can not give it to us in cash. After three mails from us, still no answer... Still waiting for our refund...

The staff are very nice and helpful. There was some electricity issue with our room so we didn't really stay at Lady Ruthelen. They tried hard to find us a twin room in one of the other houses but eventually we stayed in a spare room at the office. The room had not been used for a while and was dusty and run down. We were allowed to use the fascilities of the Rochester hostel, which is just across the street.

Very clean, convenient , friendly. It's a struggle to park though. Close from transportation. On a y a croisé des francais en stage. Plutot satisfaits.

• 28th Jun 2013

The only reason I've chosen to stay in this hostel is the vicinity with the Metro (efficient public transportation of LA). I was told since my arrival that the building mentioned on the web site was full, and I was put in another building, further away from the Metro. The staff is friendly but really not professional.

• 16th Jun 2013
  • Luxembourg

It's a nice place. I stayed here over two months,I met a good man,He's name is Shawn. He is friendly and helpful,So I feel comfortable in here. Good!!!!

• 14th Jun 2013