Lady Ruthelen Reviews

3775 Ruthelen Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90018, Los Angeles, USA

I booked a 4 bed dorm (female). When i arrived no such room was available in any of their three houses (it is just the main house on the photos. The others are barely that beautiful).They wanted to stay me in a other four bed dorm in a really dark, dirty house. There was a bed available in the 6 bed dorm in the house of the workers. The house was pretty messy except the living room. Breakfast is fine. Location is far as everything is in LA. The staff did not give any information about anything.

I've been this hostel last month. They've offered great breakfast every day morning. It was pretty nice. Location was not too bad with your Tap card, you can go everywhere you wanna go easily. They have a nice pool. This would be good for summer. Most importantly every each staff was extremely kind. If you want to check in, you would search '1932 Rochester circle' on google map.

This hostel attracts friendly staff and travellers. Its located near a train stop and located in working class area. They provide a wonderful full breakfast service. Free machine washing use. Make sure you check in first at 1929 Rochester Circle first as I got a little lost initially. One issue was no lockers were provided for safe keeping.

• 18th Feb 2015

I will stay there again

• 11th Feb 2015
  • China

It is a beautiful mansion in a save area of LA and close to the subway. The breakfast is delicious, but not very healthy :-) The staff could be more friendly, but they have one guy there, that is just the nicest and sunniest person. The rooms do get crowded, but it's LA, they have the best weather, your not going to stay indoors a lot anyway. I wish they'd have a possibility to lock your belongings and use something different than styropor for their dishes, that's too much trash folks!

5 Happy nights at Lady Ruthelen. Good service and atmosphere.

Great Place

• 12th Jan 2015

This accommodation is in a residential area and is a bit out of the way to all the places in LA most people want to go unless you have a car. A taxi from Union station was about $30. And is at least 2 tram /train/bus trips into hollywood. It is split into various different houses across the area And there's no telling which one you'll get. We were not in the one we thought we had booked. The house we were in was extremely cold! If I was to stay again I'd defiantly recommend a car!

What a great place Lady Ruthelen. My first time in the L.A. area, this place met all the needs I was looking for. Great breakfast every morning, pool, friendly guests and close to the exhibits you wish to see. Super staff as well, thank you Edmund and Tanisha for your great hospitality. Will return here again. Book soon, its a busy place and worth it!! Special thanks for the pic up from the airport, The Purrfect Chauffeur, Dre, call if you need a ride, a great guy! Take care all! thumbs up!

• 28th Aug 2014

Breakfast is really good!!! Stuff is very friendly and it feels like home there!! It was the best hostel i had till now... In california!! The only problem was that it was overbooked and me and some other people had to wait more than 2 hours for our room to be ready!!!

Really great breakfast (waffles, strawberries, eggs, bacon, sausages), driver dor to the station and supermarket! Nice staff!

Don't go to Ruthelen Street when check-in. Check-in is at Rochester Circle, 3 blocks away. Cons: - Bad mattress. Could feel the spring of the mattress - No signs at Ruthelen St. that tells you where to check-in or room numbers - No bin in the dorm room, which makes is messy - No the nicest neighbourhood and very far from the beach - They overbook the hostel in case of people not showing up, some people had to sleep on air mattress Pros: - Friendly staff - Big swimming pool - Breakfast

They had a problem of overbooking and so we did not stay at Lady Ruthelen hostel, but we stayed at the Rochester Mansion, a bed and breakfast where the office is located. We payed for 3beds in a 6beds dorm and at the end we stayed in a private room. The breakfast was amazing, with waffles, eggs, bacon, porridge, milk, coffee, juice.. The position is not very good, but there is the Metro station nearby. They gave us blankets, towels and there is also the pool in the garden!

• 26th Jul 2014

This Place is HAND DOWN THE BEST i've ever been to from New york,'British'place it was good from Chicago,IHSP was great but here in LA Lady Ruthelen IS ANOTHER LEVEL,The staffs are super friendly and very very nice,They come and pick me and my mom from MetroExpoLine with no charge of money and they can send you there anytime you want to , What a Quality service like no other.period.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

The waffle and the whole breakfast was amazinggggggg.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

Very very well organised hostel, most organised I have stayed in, in the USA and I have stayed in at least 20. Free breakfast which is big to say the least, free laundry, friendly staff always around if you need anything, swimming pool, close to the train station, and you don't have to take the covers off the bed after they even do that as well. Would recommend. Only thing is it is quite far from beach but still easily accessible.

• 9th Jul 2014

A great hostel run by a group of equally great people. All the facilities you need and fun stuff to do at the hostel on weekends.

Amazing hostel! Extremely clean and staff are the friendliest I have seen at any hostel. Contrary to another review that called the location rundown, it is in an extremely peaceful middle class neighborhood and I felt much safer than any hostel I have stayed at in the states. It almost felt more like a bed and breakfast with international travelers and the breakfast was humongous and delicious!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Stay was good! House very clean and new, staff nice, train close to house! Big kitchen to cook too.

My friend recommended me to this hostel, as this was my first time staying in a place like this. I've never stayed in a dorm before, but I was very pleased with the room I booked into. The room was very spacious, and their housekeeping staff made sure to tidy up every day. The common areas were also kept clean, and it was fun to socialize with other guests who came from all around the world. Next time I'm in LA, I'm coming here again!

• 13th May 2014