Lafa Hostel Reviews

Gretska Street 50, Ap nr 12, Odessa, Ukraine

excellent location, excellent staff, home atmosphere. there is no curfew in this hostel as someone mentioned in previous review. there was no microwave in the kitchen, that's right but one can warm up their food in the stove. i specially thank ustina and nataliya for friendliness, happy new year and merry cristmas from mark, canada i recommend this hostel 100% to others

Hostel is located on the very top of a flat. Very cosy place, staff are friendly and helpful but doesn't seem to smile often. Kitchen is WAY TOO HOT, around 28-30C! main hall is not as hot, dorm rooms are pretty cool. Worst part is, there's no microwave to heat your food...I had to eat my chicken cold. Despite all that, I did enjoy my stay at this hostel. Thank you!

Very great hostel, very great people (ok,some are crazy but it's the game :)) hostel who I recommend!

Great location!

A nice hostel in a good location. Has a curfew and only one bathroom though! Needs more for fifteen or so guests!

• 28th Aug 2013

Location in the center of Odessa is excellent and the price is one of the lowest. There is enough space in bedrooms and beds are good. There are two bathrooms, one of them with shower, and there is often a line to wait. The kitchen is OK. My second reservation was not accepted, and I was not allowed to stay in the hostel, because have psoriasis, and there were complains about it.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. It's homely, friendly, and the staff are wonderful. The location is perfect and the building is typical of Odessa - it's classy and elegant. The staff really are wonderful though. They work 24hours and are always helpful and cooperative. They are always ready to help with bookings and make calls on your behalf which is really nice. The bathroom is nice (but there's only one) and the wifi is free and stable.

Excellent location in the city center, the dorms are roomy, the staff was helpful BUT a ratio of 40 guests to 1 bathroom 1 shower room trumps all the good things. I've stayed at over 50 hostels and I have never seen such an atrocious ratio, it's UNACCEPTABLE! They tried to clean regularly but it's not a question of cleanliness, it's a matter of AVAILABILITY - queues a minimum of 5 persons every morning just to take a leak! Unacceptable. Tam

My only complaint is, in the big dorms, people smoke on the balcony with the door open, and the wind fills the dorm with cigarette smoke. I would suggest telling people who have asthma to avoid this dorm, because I have 2 serious attacks in the night.

• 7th Apr 2013

We are very sorry, that this thing kind of happened. The 16 bed and 12 bed dormitory are with balconies, which have smoking area. Those rooms aren't set as rooms for allergics or asthmatics. If you could have told us before that you are asthmatic, then we would give you a place in different type or room, for example 8 bed dormitory and private rooms. They have conditions for asthmatics and allergics, and have no smoking areas. So next time, please book the room which meets your conditions, or let us know, if you need some special conditions for your staying)

Clean and nice hostel. The staff was friendly. I will definitely choose this hostel again, but not in the high season, due to the lack of more than one bathroom.

Good hostel, and some of the staff really nice. YET, only one bathroom, which is not enough!

There was only one shower and toilet for the whole hostel. Had some long waiting periods in the morning... Some of the staff don't speak any english.. The location is very good, in the middle of the city center :) The rooms were also fine.

We are very sorry but our director doesn't speak english. You just came in when the administrator was out.

only miss A/C and some baths more, the rest is perfect

• 5th Aug 2012
  • Portugal

The fact that there is only one shower IS an issue, but personally I just made sure to shower when most people were out, so I hardly ever had to wait. Ten euros per night for a bed in a big (16 beds) dorm, without breakfast, is, in my humble opinion, too much (in Ukraine), but still, this must be the cheapest place at Odessa, the location is A+++, I found it perfectly clean, the staff were very nice, so all in all, despite some cons, I would stay again.

The hostel is really well located and the staff is really nice. The kitchen is pretty ok and you can use a washing machine for a good price, a big plus if you are traveling for a lot of days. There is only one bathroom (and another toilet) so sometimes it gets difficult to take a shower. I would definitely stay at this hostel again!

Most of the staff did not speak English and they had no maps of the city available. Also only one shower. Other than that, it's in a good location, everything was clean and comfortable.

Not enough toilets and bathrooms- don't know what it would be like in a busy time. Everything else was great.