Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

The staff was extremely friendly and told me a lot about Belfast and the places to visit. They organised a Black Taxi Tour so that several people from the hostel could go together and share the price. Getting a full english breakfast in the morning was lovely, as it is included in the price and tastes really good. Walking to the city center took a while but apart from that everything was great, especially the atmosphere in the hostel.

• 19th Aug 2014

the breakfast was cooked with lots of love, we enjoyed it very much :) the staff family was very helpful, nice and funny.

Lagan Backpacker's was the best hostel I've ever been too. Such friendly competent staff, nice rooms and nice people all around…oh and not to be forgotten: the AWESOME breakfast! Thank you for making our stay in Belfast so comfortable and allaround great!

I wasn't terribly impressed with this place. The bed I slept on was so uncomfortable it was painful, the mattress was well past is used by date. The hot breakfast was nothing special and the whole place is a bit run down. It's a little far out of the city centre but that means is pretty quiet at night time. I'll probably stay somewhere else if I ever return to Belfast though.

Thanks that would be appreciated

Such a great hostel to stay at when passing through Belfast. This hostel had a real great home feel to it, staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. I highly recommend any one staying in Belfast to choose Lagan Backpackers :-)

The staffs was amazing and very helpful the trip to Giant that u bough with the hostel was amazing the driver knew everything about northern Ireland! Th breakfast was delicious and relatively close if city centre just some minutes walking !

We were travelling as a family, 3 adults and 2 children. The room was clean but bathroom ceiling was full of mold. Also there was nowhere to plug anything in in the room. Cooked breakfast was good but no cereal for the kids (lucky I brought my own).

THEY COOK YOU BREAKFAST!!!! OMG!!! I've never been to a hostel where they cook you a full English Breakfast in the morning. Incredible. Great hostel. I really wish I could have spent some more time at Lagan's and in Belfast, but I was pressed for time during this part of my trip. The staff was especially friendly and helpful. Great place. Great value. Great staff. AND THEY COOK YOU FOOD

I felt at home there and after my fourth day I didn't want to leave .

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Bulgaria

Staff are amazing! Free breakfast is the best I've seen in a hostel yet. 10 minute walk to the city hall and positioned perfectly for food and walking. Would hands down stay again next time I'm in Belfast.

Very nice stay brilliant staff. go the extra mile.

Cannot recommend this more highly. I came as a lone traveler and the staff made me feel at home. They were friendly, energetic, and extremely helpful. A hot meal every morning was also a huge plus.

• 4th Aug 2014

Melissa and the staff were incredible. They really went the extra mile for you. It was nice to have a real breakfast in the morning instead of cereal and toast like most other hostels. My only complaint would be that the wifi there was worthless. But, it didn't deduct too much from my experience there. Great value for the money. I would highly recommend.

• 4th Aug 2014

Best breakfast I've ever had at a hostel - not necessarily the quality but the 'sit and be served' service! However, our 4 bed dorm on the top floor and VERY uncomfortable beds - I think my mattress was way past its day. Average cleanliness and good size common areas, however I found the owner to be more worried about persuading us to leave good reviews than than actually providing a good service...

Cozy hostel, good to meet other travellers. The free cooked breakfast is awesome. Could use some more bathrooms, other than that its great. Would recommend.

The staff here are fantastic!! Fellow backpackers who understand your needs. Steve, the manager is an absolute legend and helped us out when we couldn't find anywhere to stay. Went above and beyond, even remembering your name. It's the little things :) Lovely breakfast provided in the mornings. Nice clean rooms. Could do with a couple more showers and toilets but what hostel couldn't. We had a fabulous time here, hanging out the back with the guitar being past around and everyone singing along!

• 29th Jul 2014

Very nice hostel, friendly staff and calm atmosphere. It worth what is paid. The place is a bit far from the city centre and some must-seen sights. The number of bathrooms is a negative point as well.

very good attention. recommended!

Not only is it a short walk to the heart of Belfast, but it is also a short stroll from a good cheap feed. The staff were very helpful and we loved that they gave us the opportunity to go and settle in before coming back down to pay. Also the best free hostel breakfast that I've had. The only things that we felt let the place down were the tiny lockers in our room (very small & only 3 in a 6 bed dorm) & the accessibility of power points (only 2 and hidden behind bunk beds). Otherwise great!

we had great time all was very good ta.

• 21st Jul 2014