Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Great fun was had and meet some great people too. Staff were excellent and place was spotless.

• 5th Feb 2016

It was great thank you so much for a great weekend!

• 5th Feb 2016

Really nice staff! The breakfast was the best I had on my whole trip. I loved the homey feel, and can't wait to come back someday.

• 3rd Feb 2016

The team staff is friendly and always really available. Good breakfast in the morning (the best full english breakfast ) and amazing Living room so nice!!

• 2nd Feb 2016

The hostel is not far from the centre. The breakfast they serve in the morning is superb. The hostel is clean and wifi is really fast. Highly recommend it

The location of the hostel is very good, close the botanic gardens. The hostel is very clean and the wifi works in the whole building. The staff is very kind and friendly, especially Max and Jordan.

Neutral: - Could have done with a couple of extra bathrooms, but it's always going to be an issue with shared bathrooms. Ultimately it's up to guests to plan ahead. - Cold. One evening I enquired about heating, was told it had just been turned on, but our radiator stayed cold all night. Cons: -Black mould on the walls. Humidifiers are necessary in rooms with that many people. -Lockers were mostly broken and the padlock I put a deposit down on wasn't suitable for the job.

• 30th Jan 2016

Not sure where to start, heres the good points: the reception staff were knowledgable about belfast and helpful, and the roadside parking was convenient. Beds were clean Tthe bad parts; the hostel was grubby, all the toilets were dirty on our arrival, the door to our room wouldnt shut properly (a good push could open it despite there being a lock) the kitchen was dirty and there was something weird going on between the kitchen staff and it made me feel awkward.. The beds were uncomfortable.

Friendly staff, decent place, big showers, close to the shops. It's laid back and not a premium hostel but they are worth the money. Breakfast was pretty good.

The beds were clean but the room unfortunately a little bit too crammed. Otherwise my stay at the hostel was very pleasant as the bathroom was clean and the staff helped me whenever I needed some advice as to what I could do in the city.

Shower pressure is way to poor.

A great hostel with great staff in a great town. While I was at the tail end of my backpacking adventure and a bit subsumed by work, Lagan Backpackers still managed to pull me away from the computer. The staff are some of the friendliest of any hostel I've stayed at, and I spent a lot of time hanging out with Edward, Debora, Claire, Lena, and others (my memory sucks--sorry those whose names I could not remember!)

• 17th Jan 2016

This place has a great vibe. It felt like a hostel, not a bed factory. The breakfast was amazing with eggs, sausage, ham, toast, tea and coffee. The place was really clean and the staff was super friendly. For anyone else staying here...the showers on the ground floor are extremely hot! The internet was so fast I was able to upload 10GB in about 3 hours. A great place to back up photos!

Had a great stay here staff were amazing will definitely be back

Good hostels are always made that way by the staff and this place is no exception. I overheard one of the owners knocking the breakfast - which was completely out of line as it's the best free breakfast I've had in a hostel through my 6 months around Europe and previous travels. Shoutout to Edward for being an absolute legend and cooking a mean breakfast and Claire who really is the life of the place, great hostel, would recommend.

Good value for the money and a decent staff

Absolutely ok for one night and the low Price, but wouldn't stay longer.

Friendly staff, very very good breakfast (take the english one).

My friend and I both had a great stay, the building, though it's an old one, is well-heated, staff was super friendly, breakfast is amazing, you do get your full English breakfast if you want it! Lockers are in the bedrooms, hostel was overall very quiet during our stay. Thanks for the great stay, will definitely come back if we ever end up in Belfast!

A lovely staff ! Great hostel