8.5
Fabulous 2,355 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 2,355 Total Reviews
Lagan Backpackers Located at 121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast.
Northern Ireland
Belfast Down BT71HU 121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast
85% 2355
54.5853438 -5.9277248
    Rooms available

2nd May 2016
7.7

This is a friendly, well-run hostel. It was good value for money. My wife and I enjoyed ourselves. We would recommend it to others. I, personally, have lived in Belfast so I found the hostel easily. Had I not known the city, I may not have found the hostel without any trouble. If anybody is thinking of booking Lagan Backpackers and they have not yet arrived in the city, I would advise them to print off a map of the location and be prepared to ask people for directions.

• Czech Republic, Female, 31-40
29th Apr 2016
6.9

Plus: Warm breakfast, nice staff, location OK (but in Belfast everything is near :-)) Minus: Supersmall rooms, not all the beds (which were quite backbreaking) had curtains, NOT sufficient bathrooms, one night only cold water in a shower.

Thank you for the positive comments on the breakfast, staff, location. We don't understand other comments. Our beds enjoy the privacy of curtains. We have 6 shower rooms/ toilets. Our water is always warm.

• Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
29th Apr 2016

Honestly the staff makes this place a dime... They are friendly and inclusif ... We had a really good night at the hostel and would have like to stay longer

• Finland, Mixed Group, 18-24
28th Apr 2016
7.7

Lovely staff, close to center, beer ponging and some craic! Worth of its price.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
25th Apr 2016
7.4

First impressions aren't everything! I was originally very disappointed. There was a horrible smell everywhere, a huge party, small rooms... It was 1 am and I just wanted to sleep. But the friendly, young reception booked me a tour for the next day, drew me a very creative map, and reminded me about their free breakfast. The breakfast was great, the tour was worth the money, and I ended up embracing the party in the end. Was sad to go actually. Really fun time.

• England, Male, 31-40
24th Apr 2016
5.1

I was traveling with minors, staff seemed to be more interested in Drinking than staffing, got offered drinks by the staff, my minors weren't the only minors and I just thought it sad that I was trying to keep my kids locked up in the room. This was my second stay at Lagan backpackers, the first time it seemed to have great rules and regulations it was quiet, clean and the staff were helpful but this time was noisy and a poor environment and staff seemed to be at the center of it all.

• obwardle9503
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
24th Apr 2016

Best hostel of my trip so far. Cool staff that guaranteed will party harder than the patrons, and if you are looking for a good time, will welcome you into the scene more warmly than any I've experienced so far. Free full English breakfasts speak for themselves. Dinner is £3 if you want some of the delicious creations of staff members cooking up large batches of deliciousness. Place is clean enough and is ridiculously good value for money. Would recommend very, very highly for the solo traveler.

• Hungary, Male, 25-30
23rd Apr 2016

One of the best hostels I have ever been to. The staff is very friendly, helpful..it really feels like a family! I recommend to everybody, who is looking for a wellcoming place.

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Apr 2016

Me and my friends came for my birthday. We were made to feel welcome the minute we got to Lagan backpackers. The staff were lovely and very helpful. The atmosphere is amazing and would recommend to anyone

• Scotland, Male, 25-30
22nd Apr 2016

I enjoyed my time at Lagan Backpackers, I was travelling alone and stayed for 3 nights in a mixed 6 bed dorm. My bed was very comfortable with a curtain that surrounded each bunk so enabled an element of privacy. They offer a complimentary breakfast which was really generous of them and I was very satisfied with this. Additionally they offer free tea and coffee when ever you like. The WiFi was reliable and easy to access. Staff were friendly and helpful.