Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

The staff was very friendly and explained everything to us and had many suggestions for us what to do in Belfast. That was nice, but also seemed to be the Standard rather than really taking someone's interests or time in account. Included breakfast with a choice of 4-5 different Options was great. The food was delicious and the portion quite big. Unfortunately the hygienical condition of the showers was unsatisfying, otherwise the bathroom was ok. The room was pretty basic but ok.

Fantastic hosts who provided sound advise as to where to good. Like the TV room and other social space. Could have done with proper railings to access the beds but otherwise for a £10 it is great value

• 23rd Apr 2015

It was nice to stay here staff was helpful and good

Shout out to Glen the manager and the crew who looked after me for the five days I was there, helping and giving fantastic advice whenever I asked, and going above and beyond when I had an issue with my washing. And the cooked breakfast in the morning is just about the most amazing thing ever. Best breakfast I've had in a hostel, ever. And even being in the biggest dorm room, the 12 bed, didn't feel squashy. Privacy curtains are a huge bonus ! Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

First room that I got was ok, but then I extended my stay and they gave me room with 8 beds as the rest was full. In that room all the biggest loggers were broken so I had to leave to another hostel that had working loggers.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • vaihkonen
  • Finland

The breakfast was great.

Really nice staff and although the dorms are tight, you've got curtains around each bed, even the top bunks so this extra feeling of privacy was fabulous! Not too far to walk into the centre, and free parking outside which was a big bonus for us!

I can only give my review from the perspective of a 20 year old bloke travelling on his own, but this hostel was perfect for me. The location was very close to good food and bars, the staff were fantastic (Glenn and John who ran the place were great fun to hang out with), easy to meet people, the rooms were good (slightly dirty bathrooms but it was never a problem), free food was welcome, and I had a fantastic time. It worked very well for me and if you think it might work for you, go for it!

• 7th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

it is a perfect hostel for young people travel to Belfast for short days! The managers are excellent, friendly and very Helpful! Thanks to John and Clin for being part of our nice memory in Belfast!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • China

Greate staff, great common areas, kitchen, sitting rooms and great atmosphere :) just 2 minutes from main square and 5 from main pub's area

Very good hostel and very helpful and nice staff. The toilets and the rooms were clean but the kitchen was a bit dirty.

Had a great time in my stay there. The staff were welcoming and kept the hostel running well while being great to socialise with outside of their shifts. The kitchen needs some work as it does not adequately cater for the large number of guest that the hostel caters for during peak periods. Given my experience at the hostel, I would gladly return when next visiting Belfast

• 2nd Apr 2015

The staff is really great. Very friendly and ready to help. We had a very good time there. Would go again.

Friendly!

• 1st Apr 2015
  • China

It's a basic, okay place to spend the night. Toilets are okay but the good bathrooms require some hunting. Free breakfast is definitely a plus and is made fresh. Beds were uncomfortable but the privacy curtains were good. The best part would be the hilarious staff although they have no idea what they're doing. Thumbs up for fun.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

The guys working there got a quirky zest, in a very friendly way. They also cook you breakfast, that's romantic! :)

• 31st Mar 2015

Place was awesome and I had fun with the other guests and staff. Breakfast was good, which is always the most important thing! Would definitely visit here again!

very friendly staff, lovely attic room altho' wasn't able to close/open window properly

This place is a mess. The bathrooms are horrible, olds and the water is no hot enough. The staff is completely unprofessional, maybe because they are all volunteers, and there's no manager around. Stay here with you want to save money, but definitely there's better places.

John was super.friendly and super helpful. Knows lots about the city and will hook you up with all the advice you need. Made my stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4