Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

First room that I got was ok, but then I extended my stay and they gave me room with 8 beds as the rest was full. In that room all the biggest loggers were broken so I had to leave to another hostel that had working loggers.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • vaihkonen
  • Finland

The breakfast was great.

Really nice staff and although the dorms are tight, you've got curtains around each bed, even the top bunks so this extra feeling of privacy was fabulous! Not too far to walk into the centre, and free parking outside which was a big bonus for us!

I can only give my review from the perspective of a 20 year old bloke travelling on his own, but this hostel was perfect for me. The location was very close to good food and bars, the staff were fantastic (Glenn and John who ran the place were great fun to hang out with), easy to meet people, the rooms were good (slightly dirty bathrooms but it was never a problem), free food was welcome, and I had a fantastic time. It worked very well for me and if you think it might work for you, go for it!

• 7th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

it is a perfect hostel for young people travel to Belfast for short days! The managers are excellent, friendly and very Helpful! Thanks to John and Clin for being part of our nice memory in Belfast!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • China

Greate staff, great common areas, kitchen, sitting rooms and great atmosphere :) just 2 minutes from main square and 5 from main pub's area

Very good hostel and very helpful and nice staff. The toilets and the rooms were clean but the kitchen was a bit dirty.

Had a great time in my stay there. The staff were welcoming and kept the hostel running well while being great to socialise with outside of their shifts. The kitchen needs some work as it does not adequately cater for the large number of guest that the hostel caters for during peak periods. Given my experience at the hostel, I would gladly return when next visiting Belfast

• 2nd Apr 2015

The staff is really great. Very friendly and ready to help. We had a very good time there. Would go again.

Friendly!

• 1st Apr 2015
  • China

It's a basic, okay place to spend the night. Toilets are okay but the good bathrooms require some hunting. Free breakfast is definitely a plus and is made fresh. Beds were uncomfortable but the privacy curtains were good. The best part would be the hilarious staff although they have no idea what they're doing. Thumbs up for fun.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

The guys working there got a quirky zest, in a very friendly way. They also cook you breakfast, that's romantic! :)

• 31st Mar 2015

Place was awesome and I had fun with the other guests and staff. Breakfast was good, which is always the most important thing! Would definitely visit here again!

very friendly staff, lovely attic room altho' wasn't able to close/open window properly

This place is a mess. The bathrooms are horrible, olds and the water is no hot enough. The staff is completely unprofessional, maybe because they are all volunteers, and there's no manager around. Stay here with you want to save money, but definitely there's better places.

John was super.friendly and super helpful. Knows lots about the city and will hook you up with all the advice you need. Made my stay.

We really enjoyed our stay at Lagan Backpackers. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the breakfast was lovely. The staff (especially Brett and Glynn from the Valleys) were really nice and helpful and great craic altogether! Would definitely stay there again :)

• 21st Mar 2015

Very nice guys at reception

Man oh man what a hostel! When I first stepped in there were 17 Water buffalos sitting in the living room which was kinda odd. The shower water tastes like strawberries. The daily activities supplied by the staff were awesome! Whole pineapple eating contests, we went out dragon slaying, and then we had sword fights with the vacuums! A stay to remember indeed! Stay again and recommend ONE THOUSAND PERCENT!😘

the facilities could use a bit of a renovation and the hostel is a bit of a walk to the city center (but there's nothing happening in the city center anyways) the staff was amazing!! Glyn was unreal, super friendly and so much fun! the best part of this hostel is the people and the atmosphere. don't judge a book by its cover, give this place a chance and you'll have the best trip ever.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4