Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

1986 Total Reviews

The directions you provide to get to the hostel are amazing. The free breakfast is great value for money and is cooked so quickly! Thank you for a lovely stay. 😊

• 27th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hostel for 2 nights earlier in the week and absolutely loved the atmosphere, staff, and location of the hostel. The entire hostel has a homey feeling that is exactly what we were looking for while traveling. We had one of our best nights of traveling yet while at Lagans, and don't have any idea why there are poor reviews for this hostel!

• 26th Aug 2015

I don't understand how this hostel has any good reviews! It is the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The rooms were fine, however the state of the bathrooms was appalling. Mould was growing all over the walls and shower recess. The toilet was disgusting, it looked as though it hadn't been cleaned for weeks judging by the underside of the seat. No soap in dispenser. Dirty curtains draped out front window of hostel. Staff appeared disinterested, lazy, and generally rude. I couldn't wait to leave.

Compared to other hostels I used, I was not very impressed by Lagan. Did not receive my security code to reenter the building and actually did not ending spending the night I paid for. The staff were friendly, albeit a bit standoffish.

I was really disappointed with this hostel. The sheets were clean, the rest of the hostel was not. The bathrooms were definitely the dirtiest. Someone had also left a 'present' on the bathroom floor, when I told the staff about this they did not seem shocked at all and were in no rush to clean it up. The communal room was dirty and did not look comfortable, the kitchen also had he same unclean feeling. Staff weren't efficient and did not seem in any mood to tell you about the city/ tours.

This is a really great place to stay, friendly staff & great brekkie in the mornings, easy enough to find too with a short walk to alot of great bars and food places

For a hostel, this is as good as it can possibly get for the money. The way its laid out makes it great and the staff make it even better.

I have negatives to mention about this hostel. Clean, friendly staff, clean nice showers, all good.

Perfect place to share a beer and stories with young and friendly people

Small kitchen and even smaller dining area. Very crowded dorm, hot and no place to put your stuffl. Common area has junky furniture. Breakfast was great with even eggs to order

Average hostel in every way. Facilities are in need of attention. Not enough toilets/showers for number of people staying. Inconveniently located on different levels. Rooms were large though. All lockers in rooms were broken or didn't stay locked. Free breakfast was a nice touch though. Staff friendly. Great location if you want to go anywhere in Belfast. Would stay again if in Belfast but nothing to write home about otherwise.

Great hostel. Clean and comfortable. Staff awesome. Great fun and very helpful. I would recommend.

The staff were utterly amazing. They really do care that you're there. Uber helpful and interested in making sure you have fun. Home cooked breakfast (best ever for free). Other than some maintenance in the kitchen like a leaky faucet and some oil on a hinge or two, we really enjoyed our stay and will 100% return:)

Awesome hostel, more like a big share house, great for socialising, the staff are very helpful and super friendly. Try and be there Friday night for the pub crawl it's a great time will not disappoint!!

It was so delightful stay, staff very nice and helpful. Clean and good privacy (curtains at every bed - brilliant idea). Showers might be relatively few, but still does the job.

Very pleasant stay, the staff makes you feel welcome and organise a lot of activities. I definitely recommand this hostel.

We had very good time in the hostel. The breakfast in the morning was amazing. The staff was a group of friends with very positive vibe. I would definitely return here if in Belfast again.

Nice place, even for a family with small children like US.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Even before arriving at the hostel, the staff was very responsive and helpful - they accommodated my stay extension without problems. A little hard to find the hostel at first (road changes names). Wifi is strong and prevalent throughout the hostel, and the free breakfast (lots of choices) was a filling way to start the day! At first it was a little awkward in getting to know people (wifi party) but everyone is friendly. Some showers were harder to figure out temperature wise & could be cleaner.

Twin room a bit pricey compared to small dorm. Maybe have a couple of individual toilets as it's no fun to wait first thing in the morning while people are having showers. Overall though, we enjoyed our stay, the staff were excellent, especially the German and Irish guys at reception and the scottish chef. The general atmosphere was very friendly and we were impressed by the code system for security. The hostel is a short walk from Botanic rail Station or buses in to central Belfast,

• 8th Aug 2015