Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Fantastic hostel. The location was further from the city center than I had expected, but not a far walk by any means. The staff had good knowledge of the city, and the hostel was very clean with a nice cozy atmosphere. As a young female, I did not feel unsafe at any point.

• 23rd Jan 2015

It' s a very nice Hostel , room clean , nice Irish breakfast , 15 min of city center,1 min of bus stop . Staff very friendly .

• 23rd Jan 2015

The bathrooms and dorm floors were kind of nasty, but we still had a great stay- the staff ae super helpful and the atmosphere is great for meeting people.

We enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and the possibilities of having good breakfast and dinner at the hostel! The recommended tours and trips which we could also book at the reception were the best way to get an idea of the history of Belfast and the sights of Northern Ireland. We definitely recommend the Black Taxi Tour!

• 16th Jan 2015

By far our favorite hostel in Ireland/Northern Ireland!

The hostel provides only very few common areas and space for eating meals. Hostel also offeres day trips to Giants Causaway, which was the most unprofesional trip we ever had. Not to recomend!

Overall the experience was really good. The staff were lovely and really well informed on good activities to do. The only drawback was the bathroom. One bathroom for 3 rooms of people isn't enough and it also wasn't the cleanest bathroom ever. That being said, with it being only a 20 min walk to the centre of town, Lagans was good value for money. Would recommend!

• 2nd Jan 2015

This hostel is comfortable and warming. The staff are friendly and helpful. They make you feel like you're at home. It's only a short walk to the city center and all amenities are within 5 minutes walking. All in all a great place to stay.

• 22nd Dec 2014

They only had 2 lockers for the 5 bed dorm I stayed in. The place was very shoddy. Only 1 bathroom per floor. (aka 1 toilet and 1 shower.) They said on their website that there would be free transport too and from Dublin but the staff seemed to know very little about it. I called and asked for details and the guy who answered told me to just look at the website because he didn't know. I actually got to Belfast okay but when I enquired about a ride back to Dublin the staff had no idea.

We want to thank you on behalf of all other customers that want to use our FREE transport from Dublin. Unfortunately after dealing with yourself and the fact that you just jumped on a tour bus without any reservation whatsoever, we have no choice but to stop doing the free tours as not only that you inconvenience the tour company but then also blame us for you not making a reservation properly.

The staff were amazing and the breakfast was incredible! Loved the curtains on the beds too, provided great privacy. Thanks for a fab stay, I LOVED Belfast!

Good place to stay for a few nights, rooms aren't all the same size , some 4 beds are much smaller than others, most of the toilets are in the same room as the shower so that can be frustrating. But Lagan has a real cozy/home feel to it and staff were quite friendly. Value for money , would stay again.

The staff at Lagan worked very hard to keep the hostel very clean and the personalised brekkie for everyone was lovely! Haven't stayed in a hostel so personable and always looking out for our needs. Thanks Lagan! I stayed in the sister hostel, Finn McCool, near the Giant's Causeway and it was perfect. It is a quaint house with a conservatory to sip tea and watch the skies change dramatically. I am missing the toast Steve made for brekkie already :p

Very good hostel. The people working there are very kind and helpful. Good price/quality relationship.

I really really love this fantastic place !!!!!!

• 6th Dec 2014
  • China

Fantastic hostel centrally located. Thanks to all the staff especially Yolanda for making my stay so much fun. Would highly recommend

• 29th Nov 2014

Had such a great time at this hostel! Special, huuuuge thanks to Melissa! She was fantastic! And all the other staff were sound, Frank, Yolanda, Dan, Victor...ace people! Beds were comfy, great chill out area...loved the smoking area. Highly recommended! Thank you! :)

The staff were very nice, the breakfasts were good and the way their dorms are set up with curtains for privacy is unique, and I would stay there again. The only adverse comment I would make is that the hostel building itself could use a little TLCTLC.

The place is a little bit shabby, but it's perfect for what we needed. Our room was neat and clean and so were the other communal rooms; the bathrooms weren't fabulous but that was due to dirty guests, not the staff. They cleaned them daily. The highlights were definitely the people (Yolanda definitely deserves a special mention), the movie room and the £3 dinner options. We'd definitely come back.

LaganBackpackers Hostel too "lively" for me.....lots of people coming and going and having parties/ get togethers at night when I am going to bed/ trying to sleep and coming in when I am thinking about getting up etc.....was warned and knew what to possibly expect in advance so this is not a slight on the hostel which overall was good !!

• 13th Nov 2014

Loved the staff and had a very happy time in Belfast because of such lovely accommodation and kind and helpful staff. Thanks to them all especially Yolanda and (sorry didn't get the name but the other two girls ie Hong Kong born and the other South African - N. Irish heritage. ).

• 12th Nov 2014