Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Great friendly staff. Clean rooms and facilities and an excellent breakfast in the morning.

first time iv givin 100%, everything was spot on. the staff and room were great.

When I switched off the light on my room, a green light kept on all night. I think it was from some emergency device, but it was too shiny.

Surprised at your comment, all our beds have privacy curtains and I'm surprised that the emergency light was an inconvenience.

Very friendly comfortable and homely. A chance to mix with many cultures in a friendly atmosphere.

• 19th Jun 2015

This was one of our favourite hostels we stayed in on our trip! It seemed a little pricey but our room was clean and comfortable! Staff was super friendly, helpful and knowledgable about the area! Would definitely stay here again! Walls were a little thin as we did have trouble from a Neighbouring room and also it was difficult to get bathroom and shower time for the amount of people on each floor.

Very good place. Nice and frendlu staff

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Latvia

Great friendly staff who new a lot about things to do in the local area. Clean rooms and bathrooms which looked like they had been recently replaced.

Amazing staff and great atmosphere

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Russia

Rooms need to be cleaned more thoroughly Bathroom floor towel needs to be changed daily or every other day to stop the spread of any foot infections to travellers. The bathroom mats where soaking every day.

• 12th Jun 2015

Best Hostel I've ever stayed in! The staff are amazing, really friendly and offer loads of advice on what to do in and around the city. The room I stayed in was great, and it's clear that the hostel has had refurbishments done recently, the bathroom and the carpets both looked great! 10/10, would highly recommend.

We instantly were welcomed at Lagan! the current staff are fantastic and my group would go back there in a heart beat! The cooked brekkie was delicious and the staff were super helpful in providing info as to where to go etc. Location was perfect and walking distance to all Belfasts major attractions, also not too far from the airport which is a bonus. Lagan offers day tours that are definitely worth checking out! Very clean and would recommend to everyone! Thank you Lagan for an awesome stay!

Great staff. Excellent breakfast!

Though it's not the cleanest Hostel I have stayed at, but it was certainly the best so far. The staff working there made it for me. Lagan Hostel was defiantly the most welcoming hostel. Fraser, Tats, Tommy and the two other French Boys were just absolutely lovely. It's the best hostel for solo travelers. Thanks I had a good time.

Nice place, great staff. Good breakfast as well

• 2nd Jun 2015

Thanks. Glad that you enjoyed your stay. Over the last few weeks we have refurbished all of our showers and fitted new carpets. We plan further improvements. Hope you will be back to enjoy the improved facilities.

Very enjoyable stay, the cooked dinners and breakfasts were a nice touch too. Staff were very helpful. While good, it was still a bit pricey for a hostel.

Good location and friendly staff with good breakfast. Only downside is the place is currently under renovation and our room smelt of fresh paint. But the room was great and we enjoyed the comfy beds Thanks for a great stay guys!

Thanks; the guys will appreciate your comments. Sorry for not being as clean as usual; in the last fortnight workmen have been refurbishing all our showers, replacing the carpets, etc. Future guests will see the benefit. Pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Was charged extra £35 as was with 2 children; told that had to pay for 4th bed in our dorm although there were only 3 of us; seemed unfair as hostel wasn't full. Stayed in other hostels (Bushmills + Belfast) with myself and 2 kids in 4 bed dorm and neither charged us extra. Room like a prison cell. Dingy view onto dirty yard /fire escape, horrible smell coming from windowless shower room / toilet opposite our door. Porridge inedible. Staff were friendly and helpful, pleasant atmosphere.

The pricing structure was made clear. Sorry you were unhappy. The 4 bed room is clean and exactly the size one would expect in a hostel. Ps, Bushmills is a sister hostel Glad you enjoyed it.

I enjoyed my stay at Lagan Backpackers the staff were friendly and helpful, it's a shame the television wasn't working, but apart from that it was great!

• 21st May 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

My second stay in this hostel and it was as good as the first. The girl at reception is very nice and friendly, and also makes a good brekkie! Good location near Queens and easy to walk into town

I have been to a lot of hostels but this one was the most disgusting one. I will try to be as objective as possible. One of the showers was full of hair and it was blocking the drain; the room floor was also not as clean as you would expect. In my room (the attic) there wasn't a window or AC and the air was not fresh at all. At some point during the night I woke up by the lack of oxygen.

• 16th May 2015