Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

A nice hostel in the university district with a lot of interesting people and a nice communal culture. The staff were excellent while I was there as well.

Enjoyed my stay here, the staff were very nice and helpful. I got a great breakfast in the morning- they offer a full irish breakfast, vegetarian option, porridge or just toast for guests, and it was nice to get a real meal in while I was travelling. They also let you opt in on communal dinners which I thought was cool. The hostel is not in the city centre, but very easy access to the nearby train station and I found it a doable (and enjoyable) walk into the centre and around Belfast.

Loved my stay. All the staff were really friendly and helpful. From suggesting to booking tours. They even organize a nightly meal. Thanks for the great stay :)

The staff and the guests were awesome. The whole place had a good atmosphere and I was glad I ended up there for the last place of my vacation. Even though me and my friends came with a lot of confusion from our reservation, the girl from reception - that i don't remember the name.. only that she's Australian - took great care of us and we manage to work everything out. Belfast is great and so is Lagan Backpackers. Recommend everyone staying there!

• 2nd Jan 2014

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. It was clean, the staff were friendly and very knowledgable and the breakfast was fantastic.

Good hostel with nice staffs, kitchen, tv room, wifi in the rooms. Wifi didn't worked in the pic times when lots of persons were using. Persons that generally wasn't guest nearer staffs from the hostel, but staffs friends.

It was a great place and in a great location. The price was very fair and there was no problem with the check in. I had only 2 problems, one was that the rooms were quite hot, though this is just a personal thing where I prefer a colder room to sleep. The other problem which I had was with the Dutch receptionist, she was quite unhelpful and when I did ask for help she answered my questions as if I was stupid. Overall good stay, would go here again!

I only stayed here for one night but staff were very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was great, the common area quite lively, clean hot showers and the room had lockers although I didn't really feel the need to use them. Only downside is that it's not very centrally located (although you can still walk there and to other attractions without the need of transport) and the heater in the room didn't work very well.

Staff were v friendly and helpful

Great hostel - the staff were fantastic, a really great group of aussies and kiwis who made our stay. Cool location too, close to vintage shops, book stores and nice cafes - everywhere within walking distance (except maybe the giant's causeway!)

very close to Queens univ. The staff is nice. There is not lockers for everybody

Great hostel, well worth what you pay (it's very cheap). Good staff, lockers in rooms, free wifi in the lounge and it was always pretty clean. Also only a 10/15 minute walk to the city centre. Best thing is you get free hot breakfast and usually a simple dinner either free or very cheap.

• 7th Dec 2013

Best hostel I've stayed at so far! Very relaxed and open atmosphere, everything was clean, free breakfast was delicious (sausages, bacon, eggs), in a quiet area not far from Queen's Uni. You can pick up cheap tours from the front door of the hostel. Lockers available in the room for free if you've got your own lock. Great lounge area with tons of movies. I guess the only thing missing was a hook in the bathroom... Otherwise, it was perfect!

Everything worked really well, the staff was friendly and helpful, the food was great and I slept really well, too. This is a great hostel! We also met some cool people to hang out with while we stayed there.

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Finland

Nice hostel in a nice little neighbourhood. Staff were great, good breakfast and dinner. Nice walk into Belfast centre.

Great Hostel! The staff are super friendly and the place has a really nice, relaxed atmosphere. They also have a free HOT BREAKFAST - which is awesome!! :D The only issue is that it is a bit of a walk away from the centre of town - which is a bit of a pain late at night.

Just love it . Want to stay at there if I go to belfast again .

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

simply love this hostel. superb atmosphere, clean beds and showers, free hot breakfast, and perfect staff! the tours recommended by staff is just GREAT and good value for money. would recommend anyone, especially backpackers,

they helped and advised us, and made us feel very comfortable. had a great atmosphere and strive to make our guests feel at home and let them spend a stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible. thank you very much for everything.

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Good little hostel with very helpful staff. Told us exactly what we should see and where everything was, was very helpful. Kitchen was fully equip with everything which was great. Great breakfast. Hostel is on the border of the city centre but it's still only a short walk into the centre so not a problem.