Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Could be very good with improvements. Some lockers were broken so I had no locker. Cramped rooms. Needs additional toilets. Internet in the part of the building with the common room, kitchen and most of the dorms is very patchy that drops out constantly. One of the workers was very rude and there are too many volunteer workers who aren't sure if they are guests or working. Positives:Nice location, good pub crawl, friendly guests, free breakfast, full kitchen facilities, car parks Friendly owner

Excellent pub crawls. The showers where a game of Russian roulette. But the history pub crawl was the highlight of the stay. Booking on hostel world doesn't give the free tour to giants causeway.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and my stay here was good considering the low price. The only issues were that the shower door was broken and the shower was a little grotty. But overall it's a nice place to stay.

This place is amazing! Probably my favourite hostel. The staff were super friendly and made for an overall amazing atmosphere. You get an amazing hot breakfast of your choice. (Not enough functional lockers and near UNI street so there is a lot of noise). Honestly thanks for the great time you guys!

the breakfast was great! otherwise it was ok

I was planning to stay short term, but i stayed almost the whole week. The hostel was perfect, clean beds & rooms, amazing BREAKFAST they make for u for free, nice and friendly stuff. Best in Belfast! :)

We staied there just for one night, but everything was amazing. Friendly staff, nice place, and fresh cooked breakfast in the morning! Be back next time we visit in Northern Ireland

Lovely hostel in a terraced street- great feeling of really being in the Northern Irish community. A short walk up Botanic Street, which had plenty of cafes and bars, and you reach the centre of Belfast. Good security, and the ladies working there were friendly and helpful. GREAT BONUS- FREE FRY-UP IN THE MORNING!!! FREE??!!! That was great! Would definitely recommend!

Out of the 3 hostels I stayed at in Belfast, Lagan Backpackers was the most enjoyable. The staff were friendly and very informative with regards to Belfast itself. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• 9th Sep 2014

4 lockers for 6 people is not enough, and neither is 4 power points. Needs more bathrooms.

Great stay, I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

Lovely receptionist, very kind and thoughtful. The only con I found was the lack of lift.

Cooked breakfast is awesome; Staff are very helpful and go out of their way (we arrived late and there were no problems, and then the staff member spent a heap of time describing how we can get to giants causeway) Beds were very comfortable, rooms were clean; Right near the uni, so close to uni pubs (we were there early in the week so it was noticeably more quiet)

Nice and friendly.

The hostel is near the college, but you'll have to walk a while to get in the city centre. A good thing is that you can choose your breakfast and they bring it to you but I was disappointed with my room that had no plug! If you want to charge your cell phone, you'll have to stay in the common room, which closes midnight.

really good, lots of fun!!

• 21st Aug 2014

The staff was extremely friendly and told me a lot about Belfast and the places to visit. They organised a Black Taxi Tour so that several people from the hostel could go together and share the price. Getting a full english breakfast in the morning was lovely, as it is included in the price and tastes really good. Walking to the city center took a while but apart from that everything was great, especially the atmosphere in the hostel.

• 19th Aug 2014

the breakfast was cooked with lots of love, we enjoyed it very much :) the staff family was very helpful, nice and funny.

Lagan Backpacker's was the best hostel I've ever been too. Such friendly competent staff, nice rooms and nice people all around…oh and not to be forgotten: the AWESOME breakfast! Thank you for making our stay in Belfast so comfortable and allaround great!

I wasn't terribly impressed with this place. The bed I slept on was so uncomfortable it was painful, the mattress was well past is used by date. The hot breakfast was nothing special and the whole place is a bit run down. It's a little far out of the city centre but that means is pretty quiet at night time. I'll probably stay somewhere else if I ever return to Belfast though.

Thanks that would be appreciated