Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

John was super.friendly and super helpful. Knows lots about the city and will hook you up with all the advice you need. Made my stay.

We really enjoyed our stay at Lagan Backpackers. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the breakfast was lovely. The staff (especially Brett and Glynn from the Valleys) were really nice and helpful and great craic altogether! Would definitely stay there again :)

• 21st Mar 2015

Very nice guys at reception

Man oh man what a hostel! When I first stepped in there were 17 Water buffalos sitting in the living room which was kinda odd. The shower water tastes like strawberries. The daily activities supplied by the staff were awesome! Whole pineapple eating contests, we went out dragon slaying, and then we had sword fights with the vacuums! A stay to remember indeed! Stay again and recommend ONE THOUSAND PERCENT!😘

the facilities could use a bit of a renovation and the hostel is a bit of a walk to the city center (but there's nothing happening in the city center anyways) the staff was amazing!! Glyn was unreal, super friendly and so much fun! the best part of this hostel is the people and the atmosphere. don't judge a book by its cover, give this place a chance and you'll have the best trip ever.

There doesn't seem to be much care or thought taken with the guest's experience. I know one shouldn't expect four star luxury and there will always be problems when you are sharing a room with others, but to find decrepit showers, doors that don't lock properly and staff that seem to lack a sense of making the guest feel warmly welcome and seem to care about your experience, doesn't leave a good impression. I have stayed in other hostels in previous years and found them more professional

Unprofessional and dirty, very noisy and insecure. Not a good place for us!

• 14th Mar 2015

It is a good place to stay if you only need a bed for the night. The bathrooms were very dirty. There was only one person working that both had to serve the full english breakfast to a full hostel and manage the front desk. It They offered laundry and told me it would be done by the time I got back from my full day tour- it wasn't done until mid-day the next day, so I had to miss a few buses in order to have dry clothes when I left. Everyone working there just blamed each other for everything.

Probably the most unorganised hostel I've stayed at. I was kinda glad to leave. Good amount of party action at the hostel if that's your thing. But otherwise I found it quite dirty, the breakfast was super slow (I'd just rather make my own), staff were pretty unhelpful & they overbooked the hostel!

fun and happy atmosphere.Thanks all.x

The staff is very hardworking, and we were worried they didn't get enough sleep. They even cooked breakfast for us and cleaned our dishes!

The room was not clean when we arrived, they forgot to clean it and gave us the keys before cleaning it. The bathrooms were also not clean and there were queues all the time. Furthermore the hostel is too noisy all the time. If you are not a party animal, I do not recommend this hostel even if the staff was very nice. However, you even hear all the doors' opening and closing while you are asleep, as the rooms are too close to each other and the locks of the doors are very strange.

Welcoming staff and vibrant yet relaxing place to be.

The crew is available to give information at any hour and is really friendly and nice. We all went out together for a bar crawl after eating Victor's delicious burritos. I highly recommend this hostel !

• 6th Feb 2015

25 minute walk from Belfast City Centre which was inconvenient. On the other hand, the staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough to help!

very nice staff, great breakfast, and clean!!

Good hostel to spend one or two nights. Breakfast is good, there are curtains around the beds, staff is nice. Bad thing: poor conditions in the bathrooms.

Sorry for the slight inconvience. As we mentioned when we checked you in... this is the quietest time of the year whey we are working on the bathrooms as there is so few people in the hostel. And More than enough other bathrooms while we work on one or two bathrooms

Very very very disappointed by this hostel. One shower does not work. One does not have a lock on the door. So 3 showers for the entire hostel. Beds are absolutely uncomfortable. The only thing that is any good is the breakfast and the beds have curtains. AVOID IF POSSIBLE. There are far better hostels in Belfast.

So disappointing. As we mentioned when we checked you in... this is the quietest time of the year whey we are working on the bathrooms as there is so few people in the hostel. And More than enough other bathrooms while we work on one or two bathrooms

I would recommend this hostel for the location and for value for money. You get a free breakfast in the morning. The scrambled eggs could be a little more cooked. I small bedside light would be very good as not to disturb the other guests. Thank you

not easy to find the hostel however the atmosphere is really good. the breakfast and drinks were excellent if the room extended will be better totally recommended