Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

I enjoyed my stay at Lagan Backpackers the staff were friendly and helpful, it's a shame the television wasn't working, but apart from that it was great!

• 21st May 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

My second stay in this hostel and it was as good as the first. The girl at reception is very nice and friendly, and also makes a good brekkie! Good location near Queens and easy to walk into town

I have been to a lot of hostels but this one was the most disgusting one. I will try to be as objective as possible. One of the showers was full of hair and it was blocking the drain; the room floor was also not as clean as you would expect. In my room (the attic) there wasn't a window or AC and the air was not fresh at all. At some point during the night I woke up by the lack of oxygen.

• 16th May 2015
  • Bulgaria

Such wonderful staff! Many are backpackers and travelling themselves and they're just so friendly and chill and just amazing. If you're in Belfast, please stay here! The breakfast and communal dinners alone are worth it :) Thanks all of you for an amazing few days in Belfast!

It was fine and staff were friendly and helpful too.

• 15th May 2015

Staff knew where things were in Belfast and were good for directing you to the hot spots. The hostel is small and is located near everything but is not in the nicest neighbourhood. I would not stay again. It all depends on how much you care about how nice the place you stay is. Privacy curtains on the beds were the best part. Wifi worked everywhere in the hostel which was nice. But overall not the best experience.

Great hostel and friendly staff. The bathrooms were a bit run down but nothing too bad. Best free hostel breakfast ive ever had! True English breakfast.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed your stay; in the last few weeks we have been refurbishing our showers, renewing carpets, etc. Sorry if the hostel was not up to our usual high standard. Workmen always create a bit of a mess!

Wonderful! I cannot say enough good things about this hostel. Security is amazing, big lockers in the dorm rooms, security panels on all the bunks. Almost all the staff that was there were travelers as well and you get a good amount of conversation going. Breakfast was included, and not just your regular toast and cereal. full breakfast choices cooked by the staff. We had eggs, bacon, toast, beans every day we were there.

The Breakfast was great and an awesome atmosphere

Great and inviting staff that encouraged you to come out and mingle. Was probably one of the dirtier hostels I've stayed in though. Bathrooms were pretty gross and there wasn't toilet paper in the one near our room. Price wasn't bad though. Wouldn't tell people not to stay in this one haha

Glad you enjoyed your stay; Sorry that it was not up to our usual standard; workmen have been refurbishing our showers, renewing carpets, etc. I think that you will be impressed if we are lucky enough to see you back.

by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Not only were the staff amazing, but the common room is a great place to meet people and make friends.

• 6th May 2015

Great place to stay for solo travellers. The staff are super welcoming and help you out with everything. Privacy panels on the bunks are wonderful!

It was a very pleasant and amazing stay. The staff were very friendly, nice and always ready to help. The location is near to shop, bars and restaurants. We had a very good time there. I highly recommend it !

• 2nd May 2015

The way laundry is done is rather clumsy. I think it needs to be more organized to feel worth it, because the person doing it forgot to put it in the dryer... after two hours. And then he claimed that he put it un the dryer when I did it out of impatience. Had to leave it in the dryer overnight because of this flub.

• 29th Apr 2015

The facilities appeared much nicer in the photos than they were in real life. The bathroom was small and dirty. The rooms were nice enough. The staff was overall nice. There was one member of the staff that was very drunk and a bit annoying. Though the younger guy who was in charge of making breakfast was very nice.

The staff was very friendly and explained everything to us and had many suggestions for us what to do in Belfast. That was nice, but also seemed to be the Standard rather than really taking someone's interests or time in account. Included breakfast with a choice of 4-5 different Options was great. The food was delicious and the portion quite big. Unfortunately the hygienical condition of the showers was unsatisfying, otherwise the bathroom was ok. The room was pretty basic but ok.

Fantastic hosts who provided sound advise as to where to good. Like the TV room and other social space. Could have done with proper railings to access the beds but otherwise for a £10 it is great value

• 23rd Apr 2015

It was nice to stay here staff was helpful and good

Shout out to Glen the manager and the crew who looked after me for the five days I was there, helping and giving fantastic advice whenever I asked, and going above and beyond when I had an issue with my washing. And the cooked breakfast in the morning is just about the most amazing thing ever. Best breakfast I've had in a hostel, ever. And even being in the biggest dorm room, the 12 bed, didn't feel squashy. Privacy curtains are a huge bonus ! Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

First room that I got was ok, but then I extended my stay and they gave me room with 8 beds as the rest was full. In that room all the biggest loggers were broken so I had to leave to another hostel that had working loggers.

• 8th Apr 2015