Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Very friendly atmosphere, staff most welcoming. They are keen to ensure that the place is clean, and have posters in the washrooms to remind us to contact them if cleaning is required. Lovely cooked breakfasts. The second room we had was much better, as my bed was really comfortable and furthermore, the toilet and washroom was immediately opposite. The common room is comfortable, with the added bonus of a guitar to play.

• 31st Dec 2015

I can say " I had a Great time there and met some wonderful people" . Staff is very friendly and engaging, there is a great atmosphere that makes you feel comfortable and welcome, location is great as everything is so handy and you the attractions of Belfast are just in walking distance. Plus they cook some lovely food! I would definitely reccomend it :D

One toilet for 4 - 8 bed dorms, it cannot get worse than that I believe! Both the WC, shower & the wash basin are all in that one toilet. Good luck trying to finish your morning chores! One charging port behind a bed for the entire room, good luck charging your mobile on a strangers bed!

We stayed in Lagan Backpackers over Christmas. Due all other hostels were closed during this time, this hostel was full of travellers and backpackers. The time passed by fast and we got in touch with many amazing people. The common room invites to play a round of skat or drink a beer together. The staff is friendly and likes to give advices.

Great value, great atmosphere, friendly staff and a great location, clean and neat and good facilities only thing some of the showers where a little unreliable for hot water but some where... not a huge deal...

• 23rd Dec 2015

So nice I had to stay twice. This review is long overdue. Out of all the hostels I stayed at Lagan's took the cake. The staff are honestly the most interesting and fun people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I stayed over the 2015 Christmas week and couldn't imagine a better place to spend it. I enjoyed the staff and my stay in Belfast so much that a few days later I abandoned all plans I had for Cork and headed to Belfast to spend New Year's. Given the chance, I would come back anytime.

• 21st Dec 2015

I am not sure how this place got such high reviews. We checked the reviews before booking, but upon arrival we were really disappointed. The receptionist was great and gave us wonderful tips on what to see during our visit in Belfast. However, there was a guest staying there that was clearly on drugs and making others uncomfortable and he was not asked to leave. There was also a half eaten cookie behind the bunk I was in. We ended up checking out the same day we checked in.

We are sorry about the other guest; it is always a difficult situation.

Had a great two nights here, however all I will say is that the hostel staff, as nice and engaging as they were, seemed to be a little unorganised or slow about their work. That could have just been my impression though.

This was the first time I was in the hostel in Belfast, so far good experience. Warm and comfortable bed!

• 9th Dec 2015

Staffs were very nice. Especially Asier, Anthony, Juan and Max. They always helped us, made us happy when I stayed at common room, I felt very funny. Also they served to me hot meal even at the morning! It was incredible! So delicious. Location was also good, just around corner there were lots of stores, market something. If I have a chance to visit to Belfast, I will choose again! Miss Lagan!

Overall it was an average stay. The beds are surprisingly more comfortable than I expected and the breakfast was really good, compared to other hostels. The wifi actually works from the rooms too. The showers/bathrooms were pretty dirty. On my first night in there was literally dirt all over the shower stall floor so I avoided showering that night. The second night it had been cleaned but still a bit dirty and the showers don't have much pressure. Super friendly place to meet people though!

• 6th Dec 2015

Have a greate time there, staff was very nice, and atmosphere created by them and rest of guests makes me want to visit this place at least one more time.

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Poland

This hostel has a cool vibe to it and the staff and volunteers are really great;-) you can get a great deal on dinners here and the cooked breakfast in the mornings is a real bonus, the kitchen is great for cooking and the common room is spacious and with nice couches and charis, clean and comfortable beds with blinds to pull around your bed for privacy;-)

Far away to the city center (15min by walk) but close to a supermarket (200m). Some beds contains curtains. Not very clean but it's ok. The common rooms are small but the bedrooms are large.

The accommodations were adequate and homely. This was a renovated house and so it had a bit of charm. I did not like that for my private double bed, there was only a flat sheet on top of the mattress which was uncomfortable to sleep on. I also thought the fridge was disgusting. When I opened the door to put my food in, I saw mold growing on multiple items. Other than that, the staff were friendly, the front door and room door had security codes and the location was great.

its not nice to carrie a code in paper to open doors its uncomfortable and can get lost

I want to say I would DEFINITELY stay at the hostel again despite my comments below. The 1st comment is that there seemed to be some confusion about bike parking despite the listing on this site stating that it was available. 1 member of staff was particularly helpful but the others didn't seem to know what I was talking about. My 2nd comment concerns the 2 showers on the 1st floor. They both varied in temperature from barely warm enough to just warm enough! Otherwise, great hostel!

We found the staff extremely rude and unhelpful but the room itself was lovely a bit on the small side but very cosy and warm. Also in a great location, close to the city centre and all of the sights

We are pleased that you found the hostel warm and cosy. Having investigated your rude staff comment maybe its best just to say that there two sides to this story!!! Our staff reviews have always been very positive and we are seen as the friendliest hostel in Belfast.

An excellent hostel, if I'm ever in Belfast again I'll definitely go to Lagan's again! Great atmosphere and super friendly staff, altogether very chilled :)

Our time spent here was great, the staff were friendly and fun to drink with! The atmosphere felt like you were at home with friends due to the smaller common area. We made friends with the staff and other travelers super easy. The showers are all private, and the breakfast was good - with a few options on what you'd like. The beds were comfy and the rooms warm. If I'm ever in Belfast again I'd stay here.