Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

1935 Total Reviews

Very friendly staff. They serve good hot breakfast!

We were greeted with a warm welcoming, which was nice. Once we got to our room however we very disappointed. It was a tiny room with 4 bunk beds and a single. And the bathroom was disgustingly filthy and also tiny itself. It seemed like they were cramming as many people in to the smallest place possible, and charging £15 per person. This was not a very enjoyable place for my girlfriend and I. To top it all off, our room mates were really rude, but that has nothing to do with the hostel itself.

Thanks for the feedback, although it is not consistent with many of our recent reviews.

Best free breakfast in any hostel--small English breakfast (no black/white pudding). 15 min walk South from the Europa bus station (one street from Queen's College), Lagan's isn't central to Belfast but a 10 min walk away from it. The rooms are very clean and secure and the staff is young (22-26 yrs) and relaxed.

Bed curtains a nice feature.

Maybe we are just unlucky. But our experience with this hostel as not great. To start off, a member of their staff stole my adapter, charger and extra battery of my phone, which were returned to me from his personal bag. Secondly, our pizza, which was labeled was either stolen or thrown away. On top of that they promised to give my girlfriend one of the burgers they were making, but of course hey ran out. There are plenty of other hostels, go somewhere else.

We apologise for your experience, we have been in business many years and this problem has not occurred before. We have identified the staff member. Our cctv cameras add great security. He was new to us and has been fired. Sorry again.

Lagans was a great . The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help and provide advice especially the guy on reception .Breakfast is cooked each morning for you and they provide an evening meal at minimal cost .Short stroll into the city. Patrick Tasmania

Living room was run down with little seating, curtain rail hanging off the wall, rooms were cramped - problem with laundry before we arrived so had to make up own bed.

Sorry you were not impressed. Our recent reviews have been very complementary. First time I think anyone has ever mentioned the living room in 1000s of reviews. !!!!!

Good, clean accomodation, could do with more locker space. Good breakfast in the morning, fry up everyday if you want it. Fairly close to city centre but good bus links just around the corner anyway. Lots of nice restuarants in the area too

• 2nd Jul 2015

It was nice there and all the staff hang around even though they aren't actually working, so if you ever have a question it's always answered quickly. Breakfast was included which is a nice change. One of the volunteers kept hitting on me which was awkward because my boyfriend was right beside me.

Great staff and had a wonderful time! People didn't want to lock the doors a lot, but the staff was trying very hard to encourage it. Area seems a little sketchy at first but isn't so bad after you get used to the city. Free tea and coffee, good wifi, breakfast every morning and dinner for cheap at night. Showers could do with a little cleaning, but all in all was a good value.

Staff are friendly and nice. They introduced us somewhere to visit. And the location is good! The only problem is there only have3plug in 4share room. And the door is too easy to broken.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

Thank you to all the staff who went out of their way to make sure I enjoyed my stay. I never laughed so much! Breakfast was great. Curtains around the beds gave me a great night sleep but after partying with fellow guests and staff I probably would have slept standing up.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

GOOD Staff friendly/helpful,few exceptions Cheap meal nightly with generous portions Community feel BAD Nothing works.Many taps and power points broken.Shower temp &pressure always changing.Bedframe was broken/sagging Fridge temp didn't drop below 10 deg C once in 4 days.Got a rude response from staff when I asked why. Rooms cramped,nowhere to put luggage or hang anything Laundry service ruined my best shirt.A yellow stain, a brown stain, and a white stain Not enough power points in rooms

• 29th Jun 2015

Best staff. Cheap and very cheerful. Short walk from Botanic. Staff booted out loud people before I'd even woken up.

Great friendly staff. Clean rooms and facilities and an excellent breakfast in the morning.

first time iv givin 100%, everything was spot on. the staff and room were great.

When I switched off the light on my room, a green light kept on all night. I think it was from some emergency device, but it was too shiny.

Surprised at your comment, all our beds have privacy curtains and I'm surprised that the emergency light was an inconvenience.

Lagan might not be the prettiest hostel I've stayed at, but from the moment I walked in I was welcomed and part of the experience. The staff made a strong point of seeking and including their guests to take part in the community. They were always happy not just to help, but to ensure you were having a good time. I had a blast on the pub crawl, the karaoke night, just hanging out, whatever. I was sad to leave, keep up the good work! -Elvis ;)

• 19th Jun 2015

Very friendly comfortable and homely. A chance to mix with many cultures in a friendly atmosphere.

• 19th Jun 2015

This was one of our favourite hostels we stayed in on our trip! It seemed a little pricey but our room was clean and comfortable! Staff was super friendly, helpful and knowledgable about the area! Would definitely stay here again! Walls were a little thin as we did have trouble from a Neighbouring room and also it was difficult to get bathroom and shower time for the amount of people on each floor.