Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

4 lockers for 6 people is not enough, and neither is 4 power points. Needs more bathrooms.

Great stay, I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

Lovely receptionist, very kind and thoughtful. The only con I found was the lack of lift.

Cooked breakfast is awesome; Staff are very helpful and go out of their way (we arrived late and there were no problems, and then the staff member spent a heap of time describing how we can get to giants causeway) Beds were very comfortable, rooms were clean; Right near the uni, so close to uni pubs (we were there early in the week so it was noticeably more quiet)

Nice and friendly.

The hostel is near the college, but you'll have to walk a while to get in the city centre. A good thing is that you can choose your breakfast and they bring it to you but I was disappointed with my room that had no plug! If you want to charge your cell phone, you'll have to stay in the common room, which closes midnight.

really good, lots of fun!!

• 21st Aug 2014

The staff was extremely friendly and told me a lot about Belfast and the places to visit. They organised a Black Taxi Tour so that several people from the hostel could go together and share the price. Getting a full english breakfast in the morning was lovely, as it is included in the price and tastes really good. Walking to the city center took a while but apart from that everything was great, especially the atmosphere in the hostel.

• 19th Aug 2014

the breakfast was cooked with lots of love, we enjoyed it very much :) the staff family was very helpful, nice and funny.

Lagan Backpacker's was the best hostel I've ever been too. Such friendly competent staff, nice rooms and nice people all around…oh and not to be forgotten: the AWESOME breakfast! Thank you for making our stay in Belfast so comfortable and allaround great!

I wasn't terribly impressed with this place. The bed I slept on was so uncomfortable it was painful, the mattress was well past is used by date. The hot breakfast was nothing special and the whole place is a bit run down. It's a little far out of the city centre but that means is pretty quiet at night time. I'll probably stay somewhere else if I ever return to Belfast though.

Thanks that would be appreciated

Such a great hostel to stay at when passing through Belfast. This hostel had a real great home feel to it, staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. I highly recommend any one staying in Belfast to choose Lagan Backpackers :-)

The staffs was amazing and very helpful the trip to Giant that u bough with the hostel was amazing the driver knew everything about northern Ireland! Th breakfast was delicious and relatively close if city centre just some minutes walking !

We were travelling as a family, 3 adults and 2 children. The room was clean but bathroom ceiling was full of mold. Also there was nowhere to plug anything in in the room. Cooked breakfast was good but no cereal for the kids (lucky I brought my own).

We were very disapointed at staff recomendation about a trip to Giant Causeway. We payed in hostel and staff guaranteed us, that we would go to several places, not just to Giant Causeway. We haven't go to Bushmill's destilery and some other places, that they promised we would go and we ended our trip 2 hours earlier. Otherwise, the hostel was nice and clean and they served very good breakfast.

THEY COOK YOU BREAKFAST!!!! OMG!!! I've never been to a hostel where they cook you a full English Breakfast in the morning. Incredible. Great hostel. I really wish I could have spent some more time at Lagan's and in Belfast, but I was pressed for time during this part of my trip. The staff was especially friendly and helpful. Great place. Great value. Great staff. AND THEY COOK YOU FOOD

I felt at home there and after my fourth day I didn't want to leave .

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Bulgaria

Staff are amazing! Free breakfast is the best I've seen in a hostel yet. 10 minute walk to the city hall and positioned perfectly for food and walking. Would hands down stay again next time I'm in Belfast.

Very nice stay brilliant staff. go the extra mile.

Cannot recommend this more highly. I came as a lone traveler and the staff made me feel at home. They were friendly, energetic, and extremely helpful. A hot meal every morning was also a huge plus.

• 4th Aug 2014