Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Cannot recommend this more highly. I came as a lone traveler and the staff made me feel at home. They were friendly, energetic, and extremely helpful. A hot meal every morning was also a huge plus.

• 4th Aug 2014

Melissa and the staff were incredible. They really went the extra mile for you. It was nice to have a real breakfast in the morning instead of cereal and toast like most other hostels. My only complaint would be that the wifi there was worthless. But, it didn't deduct too much from my experience there. Great value for the money. I would highly recommend.

• 4th Aug 2014

Best breakfast I've ever had at a hostel - not necessarily the quality but the 'sit and be served' service! However, our 4 bed dorm on the top floor and VERY uncomfortable beds - I think my mattress was way past its day. Average cleanliness and good size common areas, however I found the owner to be more worried about persuading us to leave good reviews than than actually providing a good service...

Cozy hostel, good to meet other travellers. The free cooked breakfast is awesome. Could use some more bathrooms, other than that its great. Would recommend.

The staff here are fantastic!! Fellow backpackers who understand your needs. Steve, the manager is an absolute legend and helped us out when we couldn't find anywhere to stay. Went above and beyond, even remembering your name. It's the little things :) Lovely breakfast provided in the mornings. Nice clean rooms. Could do with a couple more showers and toilets but what hostel couldn't. We had a fabulous time here, hanging out the back with the guitar being past around and everyone singing along!

• 29th Jul 2014

Very nice hostel, friendly staff and calm atmosphere. It worth what is paid. The place is a bit far from the city centre and some must-seen sights. The number of bathrooms is a negative point as well.

very good attention. recommended!

Not only is it a short walk to the heart of Belfast, but it is also a short stroll from a good cheap feed. The staff were very helpful and we loved that they gave us the opportunity to go and settle in before coming back down to pay. Also the best free hostel breakfast that I've had. The only things that we felt let the place down were the tiny lockers in our room (very small & only 3 in a 6 bed dorm) & the accessibility of power points (only 2 and hidden behind bunk beds). Otherwise great!

we had great time all was very good ta.

Great place to stay! Free breakfast is very nice but small portions. Staff were friendly. Has kitchen. Can bring own alcohol. Good times.

This was my second time staying here. Lovely small hostel, with clean rooms. Included hot breakfast was fantastic, and the location was right near a lot of restaurants and pubs, and a short walk to the train and bus stations. I'll definitely stay here next time I'm in Belfast.

About a 10-15 minute walk from the centre of Belfast. Not in the most pleasant areas of the city but has everything you need. Staff were friendly and helpful and free tea and coffee for all. Morning breakfast cooked for you as well was a treat. Cheap hostel with all your needs.

Good setup with bbq evenings.

Very friendly staff and nice folk to chat with.

• 12th Jul 2014

Very good hostel. Clean, quiet, close to city centre. Everything you need... and real free breakfast, not just baguette with jam! Highly recommended!

A cute and friendly hostel near Queen's University. Lovely rooms, included hot breakfast, and a great atmosphere. Could use a few more bathrooms, but otherwise no complaints.

One if the most enjoyable hostel stays I've ever had. It's near the university so close to the public transportation and groceries/ pharmacies etc. It's also near the gardens and a bunch of cool shops and pubs so it's a great area to explore. The staff are super friendly and helpful, and the breakfast (best hostel breakfast I've ever had) and evening BBQ (only £3) are an added bonus. Definitely recommend.

• 4th Jul 2014

Really amazing place, and an unbelievable value for the money. The staff is super helpful and nice. The free breakfast isn't just a buffet with oatmeal or bread and jam like other hostels - they actually cook you a hot breakfast, which you can pick from a menu. They offer a communal dinner for about $5 USD that consists of a burger (vegetarian option available!), fries and cider. The beds, importantly, are super comfortable. Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in.

There were too many people (three bedrooms worth?) to a bathroom. Lights were not working in some halls and rooms when I arrive. Very cramped.

• 18th Jun 2014

What a great a stay I had here with my friends :), such a great ambiance and super location, Hostel staff are the best! great craic all together :), Cant beat the delish included all Irish breakfast, not to mention the jenga and card games provided :) Hope to go back soon purely to stay there again!

• 13th Jun 2014