Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

1984 Total Reviews

Organization in the hostel was very poor. We were sent to the wrong room first and later that night we found that the "right" room was overbooked when one of my friends was woken up and kicked out of her bed by another guest. My friend and I had to share a bed and as compensation for our inconvience we were offered an extra piece of bacon with breakfast, still asked to pay full price.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • brennahurst

We are really sorry for your experience; the issue was caused by another guest who incorrectly claimed your friend's bed !; if you had raised the problem with our night staff they could have sorted the issue. We really apologise; if you look at our reviews over the last 12 months there has not been a similar experience. Your beds were paid in advance and we are more than happy to refund your friend.

Bathrooms and particularly the showers were in horrible conditions. Poorly cleaned and mildew everywhere.

Very good! Useful tips from the staff members and excellent breakfast!

Great team of friendly staff. Made us feel welcome. However got talking to the chef outside and he was a strange guy. Put us off the free breakfast. Rooms were great though and we enjoyed our stay.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Sorry you missed breakfast; "don't judge a book by its cover" is an old irish proverb...he is a great chef!

Facilities were standard. Not much space in the dorm room for luggage but other than that it was a comfortable stay. Curtains on the bunks were a nice feature. The cooked breakfast each morning was fantastic!

Loved my stay here !!! Was such a nice hostel, the staff are so friendly and helpful!! The free full English breakfast was delicious and the chef is awesome!! If you're heading to Belfast definitely hit up the Lagan Backpackers !! - coolest hostel in Belfast :)

• 30th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Great homemade breakfast. they Could improve some bathrooms and out of 3, at least one mattress needed to be replaced.

An hour after arriving I knew I picked the right place. The staff are all hilarious and answered any questions I had. Super easy to meet people in the common area and almost every night you'll head out to the local pub or to some of the other pubs on Botanic. Their 'Big Lebowski' DVD doesn't work though (I was so gutted!) :P amazing place, great vibe. Definitely staying here again when I come back to Belfast soon. Highly recommend.

Amazing spot in Belfast! Definitely stay here if you can. The staff is wonderful, Kieran and Colin (father/son) who run it are really awesome and welcoming. Tons of great options for tours in the city through the hostel, but also easy to meet people in the hostel and possibly carpool up to some of the tour sites. Great community in the hostel. Very friendly and fun all around. Lagan's rocks!

A little small for the many people, small dining room, small kitchen, but nice staff, expecially the man, who makes an English breakfast for everybody and every morning. And you don't need to pay extra, the price is included.

Small hostel with a great atmosphere and definitely one of the best I've stayed in: friendly staff (on the whole ;)), communal dinners, pub 2 minutes away, great craic and a mediocre full English breakfast at no extra cost. What else do you need?! Will definitely return if I ever find myself in Belfast again!

Staff were very kind and welcoming, and told us about a lot of activities and things to do around the city. The only downsides were that our floor was very dusty and appeared to have not been swept in a while and the one bathroom on our floor was being painted and no signs/alternatives were offered to us. Other then that, very secure, close to the CBD and had a great atmosphere.

Nice place to stay, with a lovely staff and atmosphere!

Excellent accommodation,nice breakfast,friendly staff and lower price, really love here.

• China

Overall a a great hostel with a decent free breakfast, shame about a couple of the bathroom facilities hence the lower rating for facilities and cleanliness.

One of the most friendlies hostels I have been in and enjoyed my stay here a lot. A fair bit of the staff were travellers wanting to come for belfast for an extended time, which in addition to a few local staff created a nice atmosphere. the rooms are standard and clean. free breakfast was a nice plus. you could also get dinner for 3pounds. nice common room facilities. Probably the only minor problem is shortage of shower rooms, but for an hour in the morning, so time your showers accordingly.

I recently stayed here for a week and had a fantastic time! All of the staff members were wonderful, especially Briana, Max, Conor and Thibaud. It was clean, and I felt comfortable leaving my belongings in my room, the security is great. I will definitely stay here again next time I come to Belfast.

• 25th Jul 2015

The staff was extremely nice. They treated you like guests in their home and truly made the stay wonderful.

• 25th Jul 2015

Good hostel, the free breakfast is the best i have ver seen in a hostel - egg, bacon, sausage, beans, toast and tomamto, individually done for you. Helpful staff. You have the posssibility to get a bed for free if you volunteer as a cleaner for at leat a week. Nott he super stylish hip boutique hostel, but a simple and cheap one - good value for the money!

Very happy with my experience here! Beds were comfortable. Room was very dark in the morning even while it was quite sunny outside by 5am. Beds have curtains that wrap around the entire bed. Lockers available in rooms. Very reliable wifi in the room. Speeds around 40Mbps. Conner was very helpful during the check in process and showed me plenty of places to visit. I ran into him at the pub that night and we had a couple pints. Played laser tag with guests and staff. Tons of fun!!