Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Were there for Halloween so good atmosphere. A good, well located hostel that I'd recommend

Lagan Backpackers Hostel is a small and nice hostel with full breakfast inclusive. The staff was really nice and they had lots of recommendations for us what we should visit in Belfast. The breakfast was really good, freshly prepared by the staff in the morning. The only thing we can criticize is that not everything was always perfectly clean. Especially the kitchen could have been a bit cleaner. But in total the hostel is a really good place to stay when visiting Belfast.

Lovely hostel with generous double bed in the private room. Breakfast was a little chaotic but we got it in the end so nothing to complain about! :-)

Showers are a bit touchy, kept switching from boiling hot to freezing cold. the full breakfast was always delicious, staff were amazing, and the location is awesome! Will definitely be coming here again!!!!

I never do reviews about the hostels I have stayed in but this one was the worst I've ever seen in my life: noisy, unwelcoming, filthy and unattended. You should work harder to be a better hostel and to solve that issue with the fire alarm! People were so noisy at sleeping hours that I didn't know if I was in a hostel or in a pub. The breakfast is not the big thing and this is just another hostel, yes, expensive for what it really is. I'm so disappointed that I had to write this review.

Sorry you had a poor stay. As can be seen from earlier reviews your experience is not the usual standard we provide. Our excuse? We are a victim of own success; we were fully booked on a Monday night; we had a particularly difficult group of students staying who were hard to control; they were also very messy! We apologise and hope that you will give us another visit and a chance to show our usual high standard.

Nice hostel good atmosphere and some really cool staff! Claire being one of them! Would be nice if there were a few more showers but it's fine. And free hot breakfast makes the stay an absolute bargain.

Staff is nice and the location is good. However the bathrooms are dirty and there should definitely be more. The lockers in the bedrooms are broken. The linen was clean and breakfast included fortunately

• 24th Oct 2015

Breakfast was great, nice location in a university area and it felt pretty safe walking around. The bathrooms weren't very clean and could've done with a decent scrub. The hot water didn't work very well either and my showers were lukewarm.The staff though were excellent and helped me out of a couple of situations including driving me in their personal car. I would come back to this hostel just for the staff. Even though the facilities weren't the best, the staff made the stay great.

The staff were really helpful and mostlyrics there was a good hostel atmosphere. The bathrooms weren't the cleanest but it wasn't terrible. The kitchen was good though quite small and the dining area not really big enough for the size of the hostel. It's quite close to some good pubs and bars and quite walkable to the city centre.

I think the best part was the Staff. Everybody was so nice with me! However, toilets, showers and the beds were a disaster. Few and dirty toilets, few and dirty showers as well, and these showers weren't working well (cold water and/or lack of pressure). Besides, the room was too small for everybody, the kitchen was too small for everybody as well, the beds were awful and there were no lockers enough for everybody. In fact, my room (number 4) definitely wasn't suitable for 12 people!

The room is too small. There is no enough showers. And there is only two sockets in a room, although the breakfast is nice indeed.

Located in a nice area near Uni and bars and shops. Ten minute walk to centre of town. The free hot breakfast was a nice touch, some cooked it better than others. Shower temp varied and pressure was poor. Overall good vibe and friendly atmosphere, would stay again.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and breakfast was a full English breakfast and very filling. However, the showers were dirty, and some of the mattresses were old and uncomfortable.

My only real concern at this place was the lack of lockers. I was staying in a 12 bed dorm, and there was probably only 6 lockers for everyone. Otherwise, the staff were great, everyone was really friendly and the cooked breakfast was a great bonus! I would stay here again no doubt.

I loved my stay at Lagans. The receptionist when I first arrived was very welcoming and gave me a good overview on where everything was in Belfast and things I could go do and see. The chef who cooked breakfast on a morning was nice and chatty, good look to him on his new job!

• 12th Oct 2015

Good value for money hostel. Great fully cooked breakfast every morning. However, big mix of staff, some were really helpful, while others did not seem to know much about Belfast and surrounding tours

Hostel staff was great and always made us feel at home. Really great vibe and place to meet people. Only issue was locks were difficult to use, and sometimes didn't work at all to get into the rooms. However, lockers were provided so we never felt our stuff was unsafe. Great trip!!

Such an amazing hostel! Walking distance to everything and staff is great! We thought we would only stay 2-3 nights but stayed 8! We love it!!!

Really enjoyed my stay here at lagan the people were super friendly and with the free breakfast is good value. In just 1 week i felt like part of a small family and i think for every traveler its really vital to have that feeling so far away from home. Highly recommend it!

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

Had a great stay at Lagan, was always something to do, location is great and easy enough to walk to the city centre. Staff were friendly and Claire the kiwi chick took us out for some awesome nights on the town. Great vibe good people. Bottom floor shower works best.