Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

1991 Total Reviews

One of the most friendlies hostels I have been in and enjoyed my stay here a lot. A fair bit of the staff were travellers wanting to come for belfast for an extended time, which in addition to a few local staff created a nice atmosphere. the rooms are standard and clean. free breakfast was a nice plus. you could also get dinner for 3pounds. nice common room facilities. Probably the only minor problem is shortage of shower rooms, but for an hour in the morning, so time your showers accordingly.

I recently stayed here for a week and had a fantastic time! All of the staff members were wonderful, especially Briana, Max, Conor and Thibaud. It was clean, and I felt comfortable leaving my belongings in my room, the security is great. I will definitely stay here again next time I come to Belfast.

• 25th Jul 2015

The staff was extremely nice. They treated you like guests in their home and truly made the stay wonderful.

• 25th Jul 2015

Good hostel, the free breakfast is the best i have ver seen in a hostel - egg, bacon, sausage, beans, toast and tomamto, individually done for you. Helpful staff. You have the posssibility to get a bed for free if you volunteer as a cleaner for at leat a week. Nott he super stylish hip boutique hostel, but a simple and cheap one - good value for the money!

Very happy with my experience here! Beds were comfortable. Room was very dark in the morning even while it was quite sunny outside by 5am. Beds have curtains that wrap around the entire bed. Lockers available in rooms. Very reliable wifi in the room. Speeds around 40Mbps. Conner was very helpful during the check in process and showed me plenty of places to visit. I ran into him at the pub that night and we had a couple pints. Played laser tag with guests and staff. Tons of fun!!

An amazing two nights! Couldn't have imagined ever spending them any better. Absolutely lovely staff, super friendly and the atmosphere is fantastic. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves travelling.

A bit far out otherwise had a pleasant stay

Nice hostel with good vibe.

All good Thanks!!!

I did not feel comfortable here at all. Staff was very unprofessional and made me feel quite uncomfortable, especially considering most of the people working there were just other guests working for free accommodation (cleaning would be okay, but they even had a guest working the reception desk). There were also very few toilets and outlets considering the number of beds. The one highlight was a free full breakfast. If you want somewhere cheap for just a bed, it's okay, but nothing more.

well, i can say all of us are happy to stay in your lagan backpackers, I will tell or recommended to my friends to whom there are looking for a value accomodation.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Philippines

Great hostel. Laid back staff. The included hot breakfast was a big plus. If you're looking to meet people while travelling then Lagan is the place to stay.

What a great week at Lagan Backpackers! The staff is fun and welcoming. They led a pub crawl and karaoke night - both were a blast. The wifi is really good, and my bed was comfortable. In the morning they make each guest a full breakfast, which is unusual for a hostel, and at night they have family style dinners cooked by the staff. If I'm ever back in Belfast, I would definitely stay there again.

• 16th Jul 2015

The guy from recepion is rally aggresive and unfriendly though, I mean, if u dont want serve people, just go home!!ok~~why stay on there, and what's your problem with any of us questions, just talking in good manner and act as a friendly receptionist. and that's why we people come to hostel and enjoy the stay!! Seriously, really had a sXXk experience and really~really~really bad impression on this hostel, and it's probably the worst hostel that I had ever stay AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your feedback. As an owner I will investigate. Lagans success over several years is based on great friendliness and pleasant fun staff. Our reviews over the years always thank the staff. Obviously something has gone badly wrong and we will ensure that there is no reoccurrence. We apologise.

It is a nice hostel for young and traveler people,very good athmosphere as all the staff are volunteers. I would recommend it to my friends but I would not to my parents (as example)

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Spain

We travelled around the major cities of Ireland, as it was our first trip to the country. Belfast was by far our favourite stop, this was in a huge part due to the Lagan. The fantastic staff made arriving at Lagan like coming home, from the friendly welcome and useful tips, to the fantastic nights out, the people at Lagan made this hostel the best we stayed at by a long shot. The cooked breakfast and brilliant wifi connectivity didn't hurt either :P

Best atmosphere I have ever experienced in a hostel!

• 13th Jul 2015

Very friendly staff. They serve good hot breakfast!

We were greeted with a warm welcoming, which was nice. Once we got to our room however we very disappointed. It was a tiny room with 4 bunk beds and a single. And the bathroom was disgustingly filthy and also tiny itself. It seemed like they were cramming as many people in to the smallest place possible, and charging £15 per person. This was not a very enjoyable place for my girlfriend and I. To top it all off, our room mates were really rude, but that has nothing to do with the hostel itself.

Thanks for the feedback, although it is not consistent with many of our recent reviews.

Best free breakfast in any hostel--small English breakfast (no black/white pudding). 15 min walk South from the Europa bus station (one street from Queen's College), Lagan's isn't central to Belfast but a 10 min walk away from it. The rooms are very clean and secure and the staff is young (22-26 yrs) and relaxed.