Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

It is a good place to stay if you only need a bed for the night. The bathrooms were very dirty. There was only one person working that both had to serve the full english breakfast to a full hostel and manage the front desk. It They offered laundry and told me it would be done by the time I got back from my full day tour- it wasn't done until mid-day the next day, so I had to miss a few buses in order to have dry clothes when I left. Everyone working there just blamed each other for everything.

Probably the most unorganised hostel I've stayed at. I was kinda glad to leave. Good amount of party action at the hostel if that's your thing. But otherwise I found it quite dirty, the breakfast was super slow (I'd just rather make my own), staff were pretty unhelpful & they overbooked the hostel!

fun and happy atmosphere.Thanks all.x

The staff is very hardworking, and we were worried they didn't get enough sleep. They even cooked breakfast for us and cleaned our dishes!

The room was not clean when we arrived, they forgot to clean it and gave us the keys before cleaning it. The bathrooms were also not clean and there were queues all the time. Furthermore the hostel is too noisy all the time. If you are not a party animal, I do not recommend this hostel even if the staff was very nice. However, you even hear all the doors' opening and closing while you are asleep, as the rooms are too close to each other and the locks of the doors are very strange.

Welcoming staff and vibrant yet relaxing place to be.

The crew is available to give information at any hour and is really friendly and nice. We all went out together for a bar crawl after eating Victor's delicious burritos. I highly recommend this hostel !

• 6th Feb 2015

25 minute walk from Belfast City Centre which was inconvenient. On the other hand, the staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough to help!

very nice staff, great breakfast, and clean!!

Good hostel to spend one or two nights. Breakfast is good, there are curtains around the beds, staff is nice. Bad thing: poor conditions in the bathrooms.

Sorry for the slight inconvience. As we mentioned when we checked you in... this is the quietest time of the year whey we are working on the bathrooms as there is so few people in the hostel. And More than enough other bathrooms while we work on one or two bathrooms

Very very very disappointed by this hostel. One shower does not work. One does not have a lock on the door. So 3 showers for the entire hostel. Beds are absolutely uncomfortable. The only thing that is any good is the breakfast and the beds have curtains. AVOID IF POSSIBLE. There are far better hostels in Belfast.

So disappointing. As we mentioned when we checked you in... this is the quietest time of the year whey we are working on the bathrooms as there is so few people in the hostel. And More than enough other bathrooms while we work on one or two bathrooms

I would recommend this hostel for the location and for value for money. You get a free breakfast in the morning. The scrambled eggs could be a little more cooked. I small bedside light would be very good as not to disturb the other guests. Thank you

not easy to find the hostel however the atmosphere is really good. the breakfast and drinks were excellent if the room extended will be better totally recommended

Fantastic hostel. The location was further from the city center than I had expected, but not a far walk by any means. The staff had good knowledge of the city, and the hostel was very clean with a nice cozy atmosphere. As a young female, I did not feel unsafe at any point.

• 23rd Jan 2015

It' s a very nice Hostel , room clean , nice Irish breakfast , 15 min of city center,1 min of bus stop . Staff very friendly .

• 23rd Jan 2015

The bathrooms and dorm floors were kind of nasty, but we still had a great stay- the staff ae super helpful and the atmosphere is great for meeting people.

We enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and the possibilities of having good breakfast and dinner at the hostel! The recommended tours and trips which we could also book at the reception were the best way to get an idea of the history of Belfast and the sights of Northern Ireland. We definitely recommend the Black Taxi Tour!

• 16th Jan 2015

By far our favorite hostel in Ireland/Northern Ireland!

everything wqs pretty good. the kitchen is great, the staff were sweet and each night would have a small get together inviting people to get involved with each other. location was a wee walk but all good. staff where very fun. only problem i have was unique and not a regularity so i would go back next time in belfast.

The hostel provides only very few common areas and space for eating meals. Hostel also offeres day trips to Giants Causaway, which was the most unprofesional trip we ever had. Not to recomend!