Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

We were travelling as a family, 3 adults and 2 children. The room was clean but bathroom ceiling was full of mold. Also there was nowhere to plug anything in in the room. Cooked breakfast was good but no cereal for the kids (lucky I brought my own).

We were very disapointed at staff recomendation about a trip to Giant Causeway. We payed in hostel and staff guaranteed us, that we would go to several places, not just to Giant Causeway. We haven't go to Bushmill's destilery and some other places, that they promised we would go and we ended our trip 2 hours earlier. Otherwise, the hostel was nice and clean and they served very good breakfast.

THEY COOK YOU BREAKFAST!!!! OMG!!! I've never been to a hostel where they cook you a full English Breakfast in the morning. Incredible. Great hostel. I really wish I could have spent some more time at Lagan's and in Belfast, but I was pressed for time during this part of my trip. The staff was especially friendly and helpful. Great place. Great value. Great staff. AND THEY COOK YOU FOOD

I felt at home there and after my fourth day I didn't want to leave .

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Bulgaria

Staff are amazing! Free breakfast is the best I've seen in a hostel yet. 10 minute walk to the city hall and positioned perfectly for food and walking. Would hands down stay again next time I'm in Belfast.

Very nice stay brilliant staff. go the extra mile.

Cannot recommend this more highly. I came as a lone traveler and the staff made me feel at home. They were friendly, energetic, and extremely helpful. A hot meal every morning was also a huge plus.

• 4th Aug 2014

Melissa and the staff were incredible. They really went the extra mile for you. It was nice to have a real breakfast in the morning instead of cereal and toast like most other hostels. My only complaint would be that the wifi there was worthless. But, it didn't deduct too much from my experience there. Great value for the money. I would highly recommend.

• 4th Aug 2014

Best breakfast I've ever had at a hostel - not necessarily the quality but the 'sit and be served' service! However, our 4 bed dorm on the top floor and VERY uncomfortable beds - I think my mattress was way past its day. Average cleanliness and good size common areas, however I found the owner to be more worried about persuading us to leave good reviews than than actually providing a good service...

Cozy hostel, good to meet other travellers. The free cooked breakfast is awesome. Could use some more bathrooms, other than that its great. Would recommend.

The staff here are fantastic!! Fellow backpackers who understand your needs. Steve, the manager is an absolute legend and helped us out when we couldn't find anywhere to stay. Went above and beyond, even remembering your name. It's the little things :) Lovely breakfast provided in the mornings. Nice clean rooms. Could do with a couple more showers and toilets but what hostel couldn't. We had a fabulous time here, hanging out the back with the guitar being past around and everyone singing along!

• 29th Jul 2014

Great place! Knowledgable and caring staff. The morning breakfast was great and a welcomed treat. Common room was comfortable as was the dining room. There was even a small garden. The only drawback, not enough showers and the small bathrooms tended to get very busy.

Very nice hostel, friendly staff and calm atmosphere. It worth what is paid. The place is a bit far from the city centre and some must-seen sights. The number of bathrooms is a negative point as well.

very good attention. recommended!

Not only is it a short walk to the heart of Belfast, but it is also a short stroll from a good cheap feed. The staff were very helpful and we loved that they gave us the opportunity to go and settle in before coming back down to pay. Also the best free hostel breakfast that I've had. The only things that we felt let the place down were the tiny lockers in our room (very small & only 3 in a 6 bed dorm) & the accessibility of power points (only 2 and hidden behind bunk beds). Otherwise great!

we had great time all was very good ta.

Great place to stay! Free breakfast is very nice but small portions. Staff were friendly. Has kitchen. Can bring own alcohol. Good times.

This was my second time staying here. Lovely small hostel, with clean rooms. Included hot breakfast was fantastic, and the location was right near a lot of restaurants and pubs, and a short walk to the train and bus stations. I'll definitely stay here next time I'm in Belfast.

About a 10-15 minute walk from the centre of Belfast. Not in the most pleasant areas of the city but has everything you need. Staff were friendly and helpful and free tea and coffee for all. Morning breakfast cooked for you as well was a treat. Cheap hostel with all your needs.

Good setup with bbq evenings.