Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

1982 Total Reviews

It was nice there and all the staff hang around even though they aren't actually working, so if you ever have a question it's always answered quickly. Breakfast was included which is a nice change. One of the volunteers kept hitting on me which was awkward because my boyfriend was right beside me.

Great staff and had a wonderful time! People didn't want to lock the doors a lot, but the staff was trying very hard to encourage it. Area seems a little sketchy at first but isn't so bad after you get used to the city. Free tea and coffee, good wifi, breakfast every morning and dinner for cheap at night. Showers could do with a little cleaning, but all in all was a good value.

Staff are friendly and nice. They introduced us somewhere to visit. And the location is good! The only problem is there only have3plug in 4share room. And the door is too easy to broken.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

Thank you to all the staff who went out of their way to make sure I enjoyed my stay. I never laughed so much! Breakfast was great. Curtains around the beds gave me a great night sleep but after partying with fellow guests and staff I probably would have slept standing up.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

GOOD Staff friendly/helpful,few exceptions Cheap meal nightly with generous portions Community feel BAD Nothing works.Many taps and power points broken.Shower temp &pressure always changing.Bedframe was broken/sagging Fridge temp didn't drop below 10 deg C once in 4 days.Got a rude response from staff when I asked why. Rooms cramped,nowhere to put luggage or hang anything Laundry service ruined my best shirt.A yellow stain, a brown stain, and a white stain Not enough power points in rooms

• 29th Jun 2015

Best staff. Cheap and very cheerful. Short walk from Botanic. Staff booted out loud people before I'd even woken up.

Great friendly staff. Clean rooms and facilities and an excellent breakfast in the morning.

first time iv givin 100%, everything was spot on. the staff and room were great.

When I switched off the light on my room, a green light kept on all night. I think it was from some emergency device, but it was too shiny.

Surprised at your comment, all our beds have privacy curtains and I'm surprised that the emergency light was an inconvenience.

Lagan might not be the prettiest hostel I've stayed at, but from the moment I walked in I was welcomed and part of the experience. The staff made a strong point of seeking and including their guests to take part in the community. They were always happy not just to help, but to ensure you were having a good time. I had a blast on the pub crawl, the karaoke night, just hanging out, whatever. I was sad to leave, keep up the good work! -Elvis ;)

• 19th Jun 2015

Very friendly comfortable and homely. A chance to mix with many cultures in a friendly atmosphere.

• 19th Jun 2015

This was one of our favourite hostels we stayed in on our trip! It seemed a little pricey but our room was clean and comfortable! Staff was super friendly, helpful and knowledgable about the area! Would definitely stay here again! Walls were a little thin as we did have trouble from a Neighbouring room and also it was difficult to get bathroom and shower time for the amount of people on each floor.

Very good place. Nice and frendlu staff

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Latvia

Great friendly staff who new a lot about things to do in the local area. Clean rooms and bathrooms which looked like they had been recently replaced.

Amazing staff and great atmosphere

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Russia

Rooms need to be cleaned more thoroughly Bathroom floor towel needs to be changed daily or every other day to stop the spread of any foot infections to travellers. The bathroom mats where soaking every day.

• 12th Jun 2015

Best Hostel I've ever stayed in! The staff are amazing, really friendly and offer loads of advice on what to do in and around the city. The room I stayed in was great, and it's clear that the hostel has had refurbishments done recently, the bathroom and the carpets both looked great! 10/10, would highly recommend.

We instantly were welcomed at Lagan! the current staff are fantastic and my group would go back there in a heart beat! The cooked brekkie was delicious and the staff were super helpful in providing info as to where to go etc. Location was perfect and walking distance to all Belfasts major attractions, also not too far from the airport which is a bonus. Lagan offers day tours that are definitely worth checking out! Very clean and would recommend to everyone! Thank you Lagan for an awesome stay!

Great staff. Excellent breakfast!

Though it's not the cleanest Hostel I have stayed at, but it was certainly the best so far. The staff working there made it for me. Lagan Hostel was defiantly the most welcoming hostel. Fraser, Tats, Tommy and the two other French Boys were just absolutely lovely. It's the best hostel for solo travelers. Thanks I had a good time.

Thanks; the guys will appreciate your comments. Sorry for not being as clean as usual; in the last fortnight workmen have been refurbishing all our showers, replacing the carpets, etc.