Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Very good atmosphere, it was like to be in family. And the breakfast was great!

We loved staying here after our warm welcome. They arranged a black taxi tour while the room was being prepped which gave us a lot of historie about the area. In the evening we could join a BBQ for just 3 euro's and had a lovely night with the other guests.

Friendly staff, especially Zeljka was very helpful! Dave´s free city tour was cool because he´s a funny guy! Thaks for a nice time in Belfast!!!

My favorite of all the hostels visited on my trip. Great location, homemade breakfast, nightly dinner available for €3 if you're on a budget, very helpful staff. They'll book any tour you'd like to do right at the front desk, even a free walking tour from a friendly Kiwi...very convenient. The best thing about this place was the atmosphere. Plenty of common areas around the place, and some of the staff even took us bar hopping a couple nights. Great place. Would definitely stay again.

The staffs were all really nice! Zelg was really kind!!

Room is a bit chilly at night. I thought it was an individual case but I've checked other travellers' review when I get home - It's a general comment so please fix it as soon as possible. And, would you consider to install curtains to the bathroom window instead of relying only on the depolished glass?

Good place to stay. Friendly, helpful staff, safe part of town. I stayed there twice. Enough said.

Really enjoyed our time at Lagan. The staff and other travelers were great to talk with. Breakfast was awesome. A great way to start the day. Not the cleanest place I've stayed but okay for a few days. But Belfast is also a little rough around the edges for my taste. Cheap dinner is also available is you're too lazy/tired to find food on your own.

We had a pleasant stay in a room for 4. The room was not really big, but you do not expect more for the price. The night was really quiet and the Irish breakfast was great (fills more than a continental breakfast). The staff was really friendly and helpful. Good advices too visit the city. Small minus: The bulb was missing in the bath lamp, i.e. it was quite dark.

• 3rd May 2014

We loved it .... And chad the guy there is the best

Fine hostel. Nothing special but in a good enough location and cheap enough. The staff were nice. Breakfast wasn't great but I guess you can't complain if it was free! Rooms were basic but comfortable.

The homemade breakfast was very small (but since it was homemade that's ok) and we could not get breakfast one day because we were leaving too early...

Friendly staffs that are ready to answer all your queries. The staff will even explain in details of the many point of interests available in the city. Facilities wise, the bathroom, kitchen and bed room were all well equipped and clean as well. I would definitely recommend this place to other future backpackers going to Belfast.

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

The hostel is excellent, with good beds and linen. It's located next to pubs, restaurants and the Botanical Garden.

Good location from the train station. Long walk to city central. Weird staff and atmosphere. Good breakfast. Moldy bathrooms very small bedrooms. Electrical Power keep failing.

Funny! My staff said the same about you. Weird

There are big lockers in the dorms. It is close to Queens University but it takes a while to walk up to the other side of the city; it isn't near any of the murals. There are shops and restaurants nearby. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast is fantastic! Hot eggs, bacon, toast etc. The bathrooms are really clean and the dorms were comfortable.

There are not enough lockers in the rooms, and the ones that are available, are useless since you cannot close them properly.

I back packed across Ireland for a few weeks and this was my favorite hostel by far. Feels like a warm and cozy home full of great people. Highly suggest!

This was a great hostel. It was very cozy, house-like atmosphere and easy to chat with people. This was the first hostel I stayed at where they cooked breakfast for you and didn't have to pay (included in the price). The staff would hang out and chat with their guests regularly and were very helpful. The only thing is that it's a little far from the city centre, about a 35-40 minute walk. Will stay here again and tell all my friends to as well.

This hostel had the best social atmosphere of anywhere I stayed in Ireland. It's impossible not to make friends here. I will admit there were some organizational errors made by staff while I was there in terms of room allocations , but all in all the fun I had staying here outweighed those things. Also you get a full English breakfast for free!! Can't beat that

1 2 3 4 Next » last »