Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

The place is a little bit shabby, but it's perfect for what we needed. Our room was neat and clean and so were the other communal rooms; the bathrooms weren't fabulous but that was due to dirty guests, not the staff. They cleaned them daily. The highlights were definitely the people (Yolanda definitely deserves a special mention), the movie room and the £3 dinner options. We'd definitely come back.

LaganBackpackers Hostel too "lively" for me.....lots of people coming and going and having parties/ get togethers at night when I am going to bed/ trying to sleep and coming in when I am thinking about getting up etc.....was warned and knew what to possibly expect in advance so this is not a slight on the hostel which overall was good !!

• 13th Nov 2014

Loved the staff and had a very happy time in Belfast because of such lovely accommodation and kind and helpful staff. Thanks to them all especially Yolanda and (sorry didn't get the name but the other two girls ie Hong Kong born and the other South African - N. Irish heritage. ).

• 12th Nov 2014

Great location, only a 10 minute walk from the Europa Hotel and City Hall. Staff was very nice and helpful. Free Breakfast was much better than those I've gotten at other hostels. No bar, but I was able to meet a good amount of other travelers in the common room.

I'm not really sure why this place has such a high rating. I was very disappointed with my stay. The hostel is a 15-25 minute walk from the city center. Not close to much like it says. They have shabby lockers but no locks to rent or any way to secure your things. Bathrooms were gross. No paper towels or hand driers. Wifi had a mess of issues, only connected half the time. The staff was very nice and really helpful. The free breakfast was nice but doesn't make up everything else this place lacks

The hostel was in the middle of College Row so it was very loud. The room was okay but a little small. The bathroom was shared between 3 different rooms and was nasty. There was mold on the ceiling and the bathroom appeared it had not been cleaned in a long time. The staff were nice. But this hostel was definitely not worth the money I paid.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »