Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

My only real concern at this place was the lack of lockers. I was staying in a 12 bed dorm, and there was probably only 6 lockers for everyone. Otherwise, the staff were great, everyone was really friendly and the cooked breakfast was a great bonus! I would stay here again no doubt.

I loved my stay at Lagans. The receptionist when I first arrived was very welcoming and gave me a good overview on where everything was in Belfast and things I could go do and see. The chef who cooked breakfast on a morning was nice and chatty, good look to him on his new job!

• 12th Oct 2015

Good value for money hostel. Great fully cooked breakfast every morning. However, big mix of staff, some were really helpful, while others did not seem to know much about Belfast and surrounding tours

Hostel staff was great and always made us feel at home. Really great vibe and place to meet people. Only issue was locks were difficult to use, and sometimes didn't work at all to get into the rooms. However, lockers were provided so we never felt our stuff was unsafe. Great trip!!

Such an amazing hostel! Walking distance to everything and staff is great! We thought we would only stay 2-3 nights but stayed 8! We love it!!!

Really enjoyed my stay here at lagan the people were super friendly and with the free breakfast is good value. In just 1 week i felt like part of a small family and i think for every traveler its really vital to have that feeling so far away from home. Highly recommend it!

Had a great stay at Lagan, was always something to do, location is great and easy enough to walk to the city centre. Staff were friendly and Claire the kiwi chick took us out for some awesome nights on the town. Great vibe good people. Bottom floor shower works best.

I loved this hostel!!! Thank you

The only bad thing was waiting for the room to be clean but that's understandable, they didn't want us going into a dirty room :D And the accents are amazing :D

• 27th Sep 2015

A bit further from the city centre but near the university in really nice area. They offerer great freshly prepared breakfast (you can pick from different options - english breakfast, egg and bacon, porridge...). Also the staff personal was really friendly and really helpful.

I loved the atmosphere of this hostel, it felt like you where with family not with strangers.

all was good, very friendly staff

Super hostel, great common area to meet people in as a solo backpacker. Our room door didn't always lock though and you had to ring the bell to get into the building every time due to security issues. But otherwise amazing hot breakfast, great rooms with curtains around the beds and lockers in the room, and nice showers with temperature control!

Good basic hostel very close to university. AMAZING hot breakfast that was the best part of this hostel. Showers are dirty, but toilets are good. Loud guests partying made it difficult to sleep. Nice curtains on the bunk beds for privacy was a great touch.

Great place!! Had some great time over there :)

Had a great stay here! Great value for money and the staff were so friendly and helpful :)

• 19th Sep 2015

Showers could do with a referb

• 19th Sep 2015

Mixed experience. Room was nice but could have done with a proper clean as the bin was full and there were two dusty socks on the floor when we arrived. Some of the staff were friendly and helpful whilst others were really grumpy and made us feel a bit unwelcome. Breakfast came free but was pretty poor. Nice covered smoking area outside was good for sitting out in the evening. Atmosphere and other guests made the experience. Would recommend if you're after a cheap stay near the city.

• 19th Sep 2015

An hostel among the others...

Best hostel in belfast! Super clean and lots of fun and the staff are just amazing!!