Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

The hostel doesn't have the modern facilities, but it more than makes up for it with a very helpful staff and a location that makes it easy to get to the city center, the university, or bars and nightlife. It was perfect for my short stay.

Never been to Belfast before and ended up booking this hostel mainly because of how cheap it was. I must say, I was extremely pleased with the service I received during my stay! It was really clean, the location was safe, and the staff were so helpful and friendly. Really felt part of the family there and really enjoyed my stay. I would recommend to anyone and would definitely stay there again!

• 28th May 2014
  • Wales

Good nights stay.smallish 4 man dorm. Got great advice as to what and where to do at check in. Good breakfast

Super friendly hostel, heaps of great people and an amazing atmosphere that encouraged people to mix and socialize together.

The 12 dorm room was a little bit cramped, but was okay. The 5 dorm room at the attic had no electrical outlets which was really annoying.

Hi The 5 bed dorm has 6 outlets actually. Asking the staff would have been a good idea, They would have pointed them out

Lagan Backpackers was great! What it lacked in facilities (e.g. showers are weak and difficult to operate) it made up by its excelent atmosphere and homey feeling. Željka was extremely helpfull and friendly, she made sure our stay there was as good as it can be. Rest of the staff was also nice, we talked, laughed and hung out, and that is something bigger and more modern hostels never have. Breakfast was very nice but the dinner burgers were not so good. Rooms, beds and toilets were clean.

Comfortable facilities, and the staff always willing to assist guests

Great atmosphere, and it was a really great hostel to stay at. Wifi was a little dodgy but useable for the most part, I had a really great time at this hostel and everyone was nice and friendly. They gave you tips about the city and area and I would definitely recommend the Giants Causeway tour here, it's a great price and really great experience, make sure you book it with the hostel. Would definitely stay again!

Very good atmosphere, it was like to be in family. And the breakfast was great!

We loved staying here after our warm welcome. They arranged a black taxi tour while the room was being prepped which gave us a lot of historie about the area. In the evening we could join a BBQ for just 3 euro's and had a lovely night with the other guests.

Friendly staff, especially Zeljka was very helpful! Dave´s free city tour was cool because he´s a funny guy! Thaks for a nice time in Belfast!!!

My favorite of all the hostels visited on my trip. Great location, homemade breakfast, nightly dinner available for €3 if you're on a budget, very helpful staff. They'll book any tour you'd like to do right at the front desk, even a free walking tour from a friendly Kiwi...very convenient. The best thing about this place was the atmosphere. Plenty of common areas around the place, and some of the staff even took us bar hopping a couple nights. Great place. Would definitely stay again.

The staffs were all really nice! Zelg was really kind!!

Room is a bit chilly at night. I thought it was an individual case but I've checked other travellers' review when I get home - It's a general comment so please fix it as soon as possible. And, would you consider to install curtains to the bathroom window instead of relying only on the depolished glass?

Good place to stay. Friendly, helpful staff, safe part of town. I stayed there twice. Enough said.

Really enjoyed our time at Lagan. The staff and other travelers were great to talk with. Breakfast was awesome. A great way to start the day. Not the cleanest place I've stayed but okay for a few days. But Belfast is also a little rough around the edges for my taste. Cheap dinner is also available is you're too lazy/tired to find food on your own.

We had a pleasant stay in a room for 4. The room was not really big, but you do not expect more for the price. The night was really quiet and the Irish breakfast was great (fills more than a continental breakfast). The staff was really friendly and helpful. Good advices too visit the city. Small minus: The bulb was missing in the bath lamp, i.e. it was quite dark.

• 3rd May 2014