Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

1984 Total Reviews

Great staff. Excellent breakfast!

Though it's not the cleanest Hostel I have stayed at, but it was certainly the best so far. The staff working there made it for me. Lagan Hostel was defiantly the most welcoming hostel. Fraser, Tats, Tommy and the two other French Boys were just absolutely lovely. It's the best hostel for solo travelers. Thanks I had a good time.

Nice place, great staff. Good breakfast as well

• 2nd Jun 2015

Thanks. Glad that you enjoyed your stay. Over the last few weeks we have refurbished all of our showers and fitted new carpets. We plan further improvements. Hope you will be back to enjoy the improved facilities.

Very enjoyable stay, the cooked dinners and breakfasts were a nice touch too. Staff were very helpful. While good, it was still a bit pricey for a hostel.

Good location and friendly staff with good breakfast. Only downside is the place is currently under renovation and our room smelt of fresh paint. But the room was great and we enjoyed the comfy beds Thanks for a great stay guys!

Thanks; the guys will appreciate your comments. Sorry for not being as clean as usual; in the last fortnight workmen have been refurbishing all our showers, replacing the carpets, etc. Future guests will see the benefit. Pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Was charged extra £35 as was with 2 children; told that had to pay for 4th bed in our dorm although there were only 3 of us; seemed unfair as hostel wasn't full. Stayed in other hostels (Bushmills + Belfast) with myself and 2 kids in 4 bed dorm and neither charged us extra. Room like a prison cell. Dingy view onto dirty yard /fire escape, horrible smell coming from windowless shower room / toilet opposite our door. Porridge inedible. Staff were friendly and helpful, pleasant atmosphere.

The pricing structure was made clear. Sorry you were unhappy. The 4 bed room is clean and exactly the size one would expect in a hostel. Ps, Bushmills is a sister hostel Glad you enjoyed it.

Overall good hostel. Went on a pub crawl with the employees and had a great time.

I enjoyed my stay at Lagan Backpackers the staff were friendly and helpful, it's a shame the television wasn't working, but apart from that it was great!

• 21st May 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

My second stay in this hostel and it was as good as the first. The girl at reception is very nice and friendly, and also makes a good brekkie! Good location near Queens and easy to walk into town

I have been to a lot of hostels but this one was the most disgusting one. I will try to be as objective as possible. One of the showers was full of hair and it was blocking the drain; the room floor was also not as clean as you would expect. In my room (the attic) there wasn't a window or AC and the air was not fresh at all. At some point during the night I woke up by the lack of oxygen.

• 16th May 2015
  • Bulgaria

Such wonderful staff! Many are backpackers and travelling themselves and they're just so friendly and chill and just amazing. If you're in Belfast, please stay here! The breakfast and communal dinners alone are worth it :) Thanks all of you for an amazing few days in Belfast!

It was fine and staff were friendly and helpful too.

• 15th May 2015

Staff knew where things were in Belfast and were good for directing you to the hot spots. The hostel is small and is located near everything but is not in the nicest neighbourhood. I would not stay again. It all depends on how much you care about how nice the place you stay is. Privacy curtains on the beds were the best part. Wifi worked everywhere in the hostel which was nice. But overall not the best experience.

Great hostel and friendly staff. The bathrooms were a bit run down but nothing too bad. Best free hostel breakfast ive ever had! True English breakfast.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed your stay; in the last few weeks we have been refurbishing our showers, renewing carpets, etc. Sorry if the hostel was not up to our usual high standard. Workmen always create a bit of a mess!

Wonderful! I cannot say enough good things about this hostel. Security is amazing, big lockers in the dorm rooms, security panels on all the bunks. Almost all the staff that was there were travelers as well and you get a good amount of conversation going. Breakfast was included, and not just your regular toast and cereal. full breakfast choices cooked by the staff. We had eggs, bacon, toast, beans every day we were there.

The Breakfast was great and an awesome atmosphere

Great and inviting staff that encouraged you to come out and mingle. Was probably one of the dirtier hostels I've stayed in though. Bathrooms were pretty gross and there wasn't toilet paper in the one near our room. Price wasn't bad though. Wouldn't tell people not to stay in this one haha

Glad you enjoyed your stay; Sorry that it was not up to our usual standard; workmen have been refurbishing our showers, renewing carpets, etc. I think that you will be impressed if we are lucky enough to see you back.

by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Not only were the staff amazing, but the common room is a great place to meet people and make friends.

• 6th May 2015

Great place to stay for solo travellers. The staff are super welcoming and help you out with everything. Privacy panels on the bunks are wonderful!

It was a very pleasant and amazing stay. The staff were very friendly, nice and always ready to help. The location is near to shop, bars and restaurants. We had a very good time there. I highly recommend it !

• 2nd May 2015