Lagan Backpackers Reviews

121 Fitzroy ave, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

1991 Total Reviews

The guys working there got a quirky zest, in a very friendly way. They also cook you breakfast, that's romantic! :)

• 31st Mar 2015

Place was awesome and I had fun with the other guests and staff. Breakfast was good, which is always the most important thing! Would definitely visit here again!

very friendly staff, lovely attic room altho' wasn't able to close/open window properly

This place is a mess. The bathrooms are horrible, olds and the water is no hot enough. The staff is completely unprofessional, maybe because they are all volunteers, and there's no manager around. Stay here with you want to save money, but definitely there's better places.

John was super.friendly and super helpful. Knows lots about the city and will hook you up with all the advice you need. Made my stay.

We really enjoyed our stay at Lagan Backpackers. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the breakfast was lovely. The staff (especially Brett and Glynn from the Valleys) were really nice and helpful and great craic altogether! Would definitely stay there again :)

• 21st Mar 2015

Very nice guys at reception

Man oh man what a hostel! When I first stepped in there were 17 Water buffalos sitting in the living room which was kinda odd. The shower water tastes like strawberries. The daily activities supplied by the staff were awesome! Whole pineapple eating contests, we went out dragon slaying, and then we had sword fights with the vacuums! A stay to remember indeed! Stay again and recommend ONE THOUSAND PERCENT!😘

the facilities could use a bit of a renovation and the hostel is a bit of a walk to the city center (but there's nothing happening in the city center anyways) the staff was amazing!! Glyn was unreal, super friendly and so much fun! the best part of this hostel is the people and the atmosphere. don't judge a book by its cover, give this place a chance and you'll have the best trip ever.

There doesn't seem to be much care or thought taken with the guest's experience. I know one shouldn't expect four star luxury and there will always be problems when you are sharing a room with others, but to find decrepit showers, doors that don't lock properly and staff that seem to lack a sense of making the guest feel warmly welcome and seem to care about your experience, doesn't leave a good impression. I have stayed in other hostels in previous years and found them more professional

Unprofessional and dirty, very noisy and insecure. Not a good place for us!

• 14th Mar 2015

It is a good place to stay if you only need a bed for the night. The bathrooms were very dirty. There was only one person working that both had to serve the full english breakfast to a full hostel and manage the front desk. It They offered laundry and told me it would be done by the time I got back from my full day tour- it wasn't done until mid-day the next day, so I had to miss a few buses in order to have dry clothes when I left. Everyone working there just blamed each other for everything.

Probably the most unorganised hostel I've stayed at. I was kinda glad to leave. Good amount of party action at the hostel if that's your thing. But otherwise I found it quite dirty, the breakfast was super slow (I'd just rather make my own), staff were pretty unhelpful & they overbooked the hostel!

fun and happy atmosphere.Thanks all.x

The staff is very hardworking, and we were worried they didn't get enough sleep. They even cooked breakfast for us and cleaned our dishes!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »