Lagares Hostel Reviews

Corrientes 213, (2 blocks West of), Mendoza, Argentina

Perfect stay. Helpful staff. Speaks English and Spanish fluently. Guarded 24/7. Can't ask for a better stay.

• 3rd Jul 2015

I left an expensive coat of mine in this hostel when I visited, and they found another guest who could meet me in Buenos Aires and return it to me. Kudos to Javier (and the two guests) who helped me out!

We stayed here for 4 days and had a fabulous time. All the staff including Javier were very welcoming and helpful! We really appreciated their aid in booking our day excursions so we could make the most of our time there. The hostel is very comfortable and social, and very much enjoyed the breakfast! Thoroughly recommended

• 11th Jun 2015

lagares is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed. the staff is second to none! very clean, great breakfast, safe, and the day trips that they book are fantastic. book a Mr Hugo bike tour and then me later ;)

Great price, very helpful staff and great double room!

• 7th Jun 2015

The staff was very helpful in planning excursions around Mendoza. They even helped me book a tour the week before I arrived at their hostel. Also the beds were comfy. Downsides: the bathrooms were kind of dirty and it's a few blocks away from the main part of town. Still easily walkable though.

Legares is a great hostel, one of the best in which I've stayed in S. America. Javier is so friendly, knows everyone by name from the second he meets them and makes the overall atmosphere so welcoming. Great place to meet people if travelling solo. Perfect for tours in Mendoza too. Definitely recommend!!

Every now and then you go to a hostel that makes you re-think all your previous reviews. Hostel Lagares was one of those hostels. They seriously raise the bar, particularly in the areas of staff and atmosphere. This hostel didn't have a rooftop overlooking the city or anything, but still I give it top marks. The staff were just beyond friendly and helpful, the breakfast was great... Really nothing critical to say about the place. Great last stop in South America. Adios.

hostel, would recommend!

Really enjoyed my stay here. The hostel is very social with hanging out areas well suited to meeting people. Breakfast was good and the rooms come with a locker allocated to each bed to store your stuff. Staff were super helpful and friendly

Staff here are excellent. Very impressed.

This is a super hostel. Javier and the rest of the staff are amazing. Really helpful with organising tours and provided lots tips on things to do in Mendoza. Breakfast was lovely. Freshly made bread and cake each morning. Selection of free teas all day long too. Would certainly stay again.

Great breakfast, very clean. Would definitely recommend!

The hostel had great security! A door to buzz you in, and everyone had a lock for a locker. The area directly around the hostel was kind of sketchy, but it was only a short, cheap taxi ride away from Avenida Arístides. The place had a good breakfast (I highly recommend their homemade bread)! The bathrooms could definitely use some more frequent cleaning, better draining, bath mats, etc, but they were do-able. The also offered great options for excursions.

Very nice hostel, verrrry nice staff, thanks for everything. Great hostel for solo travellers! Booked my tours with them and it was great.

Really recommend this hostel! The staff were super helpful! Mendoza was so much fun!

Fantastic hostel, probably my favourite in Argentina! Great location, great breakfast, super nice staff! Definitely the place to stay in Mendoza!

Simply wonderful.... Excellent friendly helpful staff nothing was to much for them ... Comfy beds... Fantastic breakfast with scrambled eggs and home made bread... It was a fantastic atmosphere and really loved it here ... Many thanks

Very friendly and helpful staff!

I had a great stay at this hostel! One of the nicer ones I've stayed at for sure. Very clean with helpful staff, Javier was great!! The breakfast was great with homemade breads and jams and the beds were really comfortable as well. They were very accommodating and flexible with booking tours and letting me extend my stay a couple extra nights. Would definitely stay here again!

• 12th May 2015