Lagares Hostel Reviews

Corrientes 213, (2 blocks West of), Mendoza, Argentina

really nice hostel that help to organise tours for you or offer advice if you prefer something more independent. great breakfast including eggs and cake. A more comfortable place to sit in the common area would be great.

Javier (the owner) is the friendliest, nicest, most helpful hostel owner I have met in South America. Nice place. Great staff. Clean. If you're going to Mendoza, stay here!

• 24th Feb 2015

Well managed, very clean, good atmosphere, perfect size.

Very enjoyable experience! Things I would improve a very minor, and the incredible staff just tops it all. They are all super flexible and understanding in all situations - even when they wouldn't need to be. Definitely an outstanding level of customer service by any standard. Thank you!

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • Finland

Our stay at Lagares was great.Javier and the other staff members were brilliant and had any information we needed on trips,the area we were in and more.We did 2 trips while we were here,the price was resonable and everything was organised for you including transport to and from.Everything in the hostel was kept extremely clean all thanks to the lovely cleaners.Kitchen facilities were great,breakfast was good and the long list of movies to watch was an added bonus.Thank you for our fab stay :-)

Staff is super friendly and helpful! Bedding could be more comfortable. Drinks in lobby are a fantastic convenience.

• 19th Feb 2015

Very nice hostel. Very clean. Very helpful staff that can advise on lots around the mendoza region.

Friendliest staff I've ever encountered in a hostel, they would go out of their way to help you out. Thoroughly recommended.

Nice hostel, friendly staff, good breakfast (eggs, bread, jam, cereal). About the only bad thing is most of the lockers are too small for a large backpack.

Best hostel I've have ever stayed In! All the staff are very welcoming and friendly! Would highly recommend staying here! Javier is a hero!

Seriously great hostel. The staff are fantastic and helped me book two amazing excursions (Aconcagua trek and wine bike tour). As soon as I arrived they made me feel right at home even though I was very early for check in - I got showered and sorted my things and was out tasting wine a few hours later! Thanks very much all at Lagares!

Great, helpful staff. Air conditioning was such a relief considering how warm it gets.

This hostel is a really nice place to spend a few days, Jessica and Fabricio on reception are very helpful and friendly. There are loads of tours available through the hostel including wineries, rock climbing, bungee jumping and much more. We met some really nice people here and the kitchen is well equipped to make your own meals. We enjoyed the wine tour a lot, there are so many wineries in the area. The only negative was we noticed the chambermaid did not change the sheets between people once.

Very helpful staff, great selection of movies, great that each bed has a plug socket, bunk beds could do with stairs

• 4th Feb 2015

Really friendly and helpful staff. Good location about 15mins walk from Independence Plaza. Spacious room with big lockers. Showers sometimes cold. Small social area that can get a bit cramped but over 1,000 movies to watch. Would not recommend the trekking... 2.5 hours up a hill and 4 hours waiting for the bus home.

I cannot give bad rates to this place! Especialy due to the skydive the hostel arranged for us. Everything was perfect and excellent.

Lagares was a great place for us to experience mendoza and super comfortable! Javier and the rest of the staff were very helpful for organising activities like the wine tours and football, and they had a huge movie collection, perfect for relaxing during downtime

Amazing staff. Seriously best in any hostel I have ever stayed. They make a point to remember every persons name and personally say goodbye. Amazing hostel. Couldn't ask for more, especially at the price! Great place for a "home away from home". Came for a few days...stayed over a week! Oh and they have air-con and great breakfast. Can't beat fresh homemade bread!

Excellent hostel, very clean and friendly staff. Javier was wonderful, always had a smile on his face. Awesome breakfast and Netflix movies on tap. Great people at the hostel, really friendly vibe. I had a great time here and would recommend it to anyone.

Best hostel we have stayed at so far in South America. The staff works really hard to keep the place clean, feed you fresh bread and eggs in the morning and make you feel like family. Loved my stay here and would recommend it to anyone! Thank you!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5