Lagares Hostel Reviews

Corrientes 213, (2 blocks West of), Mendoza, Argentina

Staff is almost family. Helpful like no one. Excellent service. Los empleados son casi familia. Serviciales como nadie. Excelente servicio.

Great hostel- I ended up staying a week! Small but so welcoming and because of its size its so easy to meet people. The staff including the amazing owner are so helpful. Rooms are great- spacious, clean and a huge locker for all your bits. Plenty of bathrooms. Great little outdoor cooking/chilling area. . . And last but not least- breakfast! Homemade bread, eggs, fruit, tea, coffee etc

Javier aJavierand Fabricio incredibly helpful an friendly. A great hostel , lots of info about tours. Great breakfast and happy to recommend.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I had a fantastic time here. Javier was a great host and not only made me feel welcome but gave me a lot of great local information. The rest of the staff were great too. Breakfast was good. Electric sockets next to every bed. No noise from outside. Big lockers. Several showers so no waiting. Rooms cleaned every morning. Very easy to make friends. One of the best hostels I've stayed at in South America. Highly recommended.

I really appreciate a hostel where all the staff (not just the owner) go out of their way to ensure that you are having the best possible experience in the hostel and Mendoza its self. They seriously can not do enough for you. The breakfast was delicious and a nice change from the typical hostel spread. Scrambled eggs, homemade bread and Jam! I loved that the beds were real human size and they have a massive movie collection! Highly recommend! Just stay here! It won't disappoint!

Honestly one of the best South American hostels I've stayed at! We had a 41 bus ride to get here and they were ready and waiting for us with ready beds and hot showers! Gabriel was absolutely amazing calling around to different places to help us figure out where to buy things and remembering our names which is rare at hostels. AMAZING breakfast! Scrambled eggs, homemade bread and fresh fruit was awesome! Also a ton of movies you can watch on the tv! Would 10/10 stay here again! Thanks so much!

One of the nicer hostels I've stayed in, very clean, comfy beds, decent breakfast and very friendly and helpful staff! Deffo recommend this place although it's a 15 minute walk away from the main area

Myself and my GF had a fantastic time in Lagares hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful from the moment we walked in the door. Javier greeted us and remembered our name everytime we saw him which was a nice touch. The activities that you can book from the hostel we brilliant, they are the same as street prices but without all the hassle. We did a wine tour, Horse riding in the Andes and a relaxing day at the thermal spa. The beds were made everyday and the breakfast was lovely. Thanks!

In a sentence "Its amazing". Staffs are Very friendly and became family.

Great little hostel in good location. The double twin room did what was required with a shared bathroom. Nice little common area and kitchen but best of all was Javier who was the friendliest and most helpful person you will come across on your travels! Highly recommend!

A friend was already staying at this hostel and recommended it. It did not disappoint. Javier knew everyone's name and always greeted you, he was awesome. I was always excited to see him smiling in the morning. Thank you and the next time I'm in Mendoza I will be back.

The staff were so incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms are cleaned when you are out during the day, and the breakfast is great! Couldn't have asked for a better stay.

We really loved our time in this hostel - it's one of the best we've stayed in. The staff were very helpful going above and beyond giving you a map and telling you where to go. The hostel was also nice and clean with good communal spaces and dorms (we stayed in the 6-man). Breakfast was much better than the average faire with cereal, bread, fruit, cake and scrabbled eggs. This is a great place to stay in Mendoza.

The staff here are so friendly, welcoming & helpful, big kitchen, tv with loads of films, spacious rooms & big lockers. Abit of a walk in town- about 15/20 mins & a 15 min taxi to the bar/ restaurant street. The only criticism would be that the bathrooms were not particularly clean, despite the rest of the hostel being spotless! Would definitely recommend!

I really enjoyed my time at Lagares!! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and the complimentary lockers were HUGE, which is nice for a hostel. Also, breakfast was delicious and included bread, cake, fruit, cereal, and scrambled eggs. All this at a cheap price (at least for someone using USD). Thanks Lagares!

The staff were amazing & so helpful. However the showers were not the best & the location was poor being pretty far from the centre.

Perfect stay. Helpful staff. Speaks English and Spanish fluently. Guarded 24/7. Can't ask for a better stay.

• 3rd Jul 2015

I left an expensive coat of mine in this hostel when I visited, and they found another guest who could meet me in Buenos Aires and return it to me. Kudos to Javier (and the two guests) who helped me out!

We stayed here for 4 days and had a fabulous time. All the staff including Javier were very welcoming and helpful! We really appreciated their aid in booking our day excursions so we could make the most of our time there. The hostel is very comfortable and social, and very much enjoyed the breakfast! Thoroughly recommended

• 11th Jun 2015

lagares is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed. the staff is second to none! very clean, great breakfast, safe, and the day trips that they book are fantastic. book a Mr Hugo bike tour and then me later ;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5