Lagares Hostel Reviews

Corrientes 213, (2 blocks West of), Mendoza, Argentina

Very helpful and friendly staff. Generous breakfast with eggs and fruits. Bathrooms were cleaned often. I thought room lights in the 6 bed dorm where I stayed were good to read but too bright to sleep for people on upper bunk beds. I had a lower bunk bed so I was ok. Over all very good value for money. I enjoyed my stay.

Great atmosphere, great staff who look after you wonderfully. Javier is a hero!

Phenomenally helpful staff, great room, 1000 movies, speedy Internet, tours were great, breakfast was nice - overall a brilliant experience. Would recommend 100%.

One of the best hostels we´ve stayed at in South America. Great atmoshpere, location, facilities and very helpful/friendy staff. We had issues getting something posted from Australia and Javier went out of his way to help us. Highly recommend!!

Clean, great staff and fantastic breakfast with eggs.

Very happy with my stay at Lagares. Javier and staff were friendly and accommodating. They provide you with your own lock for your designated locker, have laundry service for very reasonable price, breakfast was fresh and included eggs, and wifi worked relatively well in the bedrooms. All beds are equipped with their own plug for your devices. Cleanliness was up to par, seeing maids mopping floors and scrubbing stairs daily. Happy overall.

The hostel didn't feel as friendly as some I have stayed in. The tv was on in the common room all the time making conversation difficult. The bedrooms are nice and the lockers huge, can fit a backpack. Do the cycle wine tour!

Hostel Lagares is a great hostel. Javier and Jessica were so nice and extremely helpful. Javier greeted us by name each day which I found amazing! Rooms were seven size but lockers were excellent as they could fit an entire big bag in and came with big padlocks and keys. The hostel was very secure as all guests had to be buzzed in. The breakfast was all homemade including bread, cake and jam. Over 1000 movies too. A bit far from supermarket but still walking distance.

I've been travelling for 7 years and THIS place... Has currently the best staff ever. People here are so helpful. Thx for everything!

Awesome place the nicest in Argentina so far I've stayed at. Helpful and so friendly

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel, Javier and the staff are so welcoming and it really feels like home. They offer lots of activities and give great tips about the local area and buses etc. The hostel is very social and it is really easy to meet people. The rooms are comfortable, the breakfast is great and there are plenty of bathroom facilities, I would definitely reccommend it!!

This hostel is great! I really enjoyed the huge lists of movies that I could watch on demand at the common living room. The activities the hostel provide were also helpful for a travel like me. Breakfast was great. I love the home cooked scrambled eggs. yummy ! Met a lot of interesting people there!

• 4th Apr 2015

We booked for 3 nights but ended up staying for 2 nights. Mendoza overall is over rated. If you go on the wine tours don't get your hopes up. If you know what good wine tastes like then not much point visiting the vineyards. The tours were disappointing as we thought they would show us how to produce the wine. On to the hostel - loads of films to choose from, big bathrooms, decent breakfast, well equipped kitchen, friendly owner. Having said this, they need to get some very basic things right. X

I stayed 3 nights in Lagares and had a great time. Met lots of amazing people and did a lot of activities like horseback riding, vine tour and rafting. The people who work in the hostel are super kind, especially Javier. Thank you for making my time in Mendoza great.

Fantastic hostel. One of the best we have stayed in South America. Javier and his team are super helpful. The breakfast is fantastic. Scrambled egg, home made bread and plenty of fruit. The tours offered through the hostel are really good value. Dorms are spacious and clean. Plenty of bathrooms for the number of dorms. Highly recommended!

Loved it here! Only issue was slightly uncomfortable beds.

Really nice stay at this hostel. Its 2 minutes off the main road and all the staff are really kind and helpful. You're in safe hands with the owner Javier, he went out of his way to help us at any possible moment, always happy to help and made our stay very enjoyable- he even gave us help when we weren't staying there. The rooms are big enough and secure, and the toilets are very clean. The kitchen, courtyard and terrace make the hostel a really great place to stay in Mendoza.

• 27th Mar 2015

My friends and I had an excellent experience at Hostel Lagares! The owner Javier was helping me find activities to do as soon as I booked. The bathrooms and showers were cleaned everyday and the staff was extremely friendly. Any question we had the person at the desk found an answer for us. Breakfast was homemade and very good. Each room was cleaned every day and each person had a huge locker to store their things in. I definitely recommend Hostel Lagares to any traveler.

It was a pleasure ti met this hostel. One of the my favorite hostels in the world. Thanks for all guys!

Javier and the team really make this place and are very accomodating to all your questions /needs! We met friendly travellers (social environment) and the place is cleaned regularly. Breakfast good including eggs! Lastly not an essential but great movie selection. I would recommend to stay here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6