Lagares Hostel Reviews

Corrientes 213, (2 blocks West of), Mendoza, Argentina

Was unimpressed with mendoza, and the hostel as well. Greeted by a very friendly mauricio who was helpful in setting up tours, but it seemed they were the only options for mendoza. Solid scrambled egg and bread brekfast. Atmosphere was definitely lacking, and facilities were a bit old and always seemed wet and damp. Location was just ok, but if there just to do tours then it doesnt matter, as the groups provide transport. Beds were not great with a not so fun laderless climb up to the top bunk.

Well located with everything you need within walking-distance (10' walk to the centre) this place has good spacious dorms with lockers, decent amount of bathrooms with hot-water and good water-pressure in the showers. Wifi is fast and stable and the staff (especially Javier) are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is good too with bread, scrambled eggs, cereals, cake plus tea and coffee. Atmosphere was great to meet fellow travelers. It's not a party hostel, but you can have a good time till late.

This hostel is great! Javier is an awesome host who remembers your name and gives great tips on what to do in Mendoza and he answers any questions about getting around in general. The hostel teams up with companies and offers different tour options like wine tours, rafting, trekking, etc. The only downside is that if you pay by card or foreign currency, they buy at under market value. So it can be quite a difference if you settle your bill at the end using card. I recommend paying in Pesos.

This was the second time I stayed at the hostel and I would go back any time. Staff are super nice and breakfast is really delicious. Homemade bread and jams. The cleaning is very thorough and that shows. The beds are very comfortable and I slept very well. Would recommend.

The staff here are so lovely and helpful - they make such an effort to learn everyone's names! The breakfast is also amazing, which include scrambled eggs! So clean, tidy, friendly and safe. One of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in :)

• 30th Jan 2016

Hostel Lagares was one of the best hostels i have been. Staff was very help full and arranged everything i wanted to do. Homemade breakfast was also very good with eggs, homemade bread, homemade cake and jam. Kitchen was good, there were enough pans and plates to everyone. And hostel was clean! I would recommend this hostel to everyone who is in Mendoza.

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Finland

Overall a great place to stay - staff are wey helpful ans polite an speak perfect English. Great wifi, air con ans very clean with a good breakfast. Kittchen was well equiped as the hostel had full cable for those wamting to relax or watch live sports

Lagares is one of the best hostels we have ever stayed in. This is largely down to the staff who are all incredibly helpful and friendly and really go the extra mile to make sure you have a good stay. They organise a wide range of activities from the hostel which makes it very easy to do the various wine tours and outdoor activities around Mendoza, and we really enjoyed all the tours we did. Also the free bike rental after 4 nights stay was great! We would thoroughly recommend you stay here!

Lovely homemade breakfast and accommodating staff !

• 24th Jan 2016

The Hostel was pretty good, breakfast was eggs, homemade bread, fruit and a couple of other things so pretty good. Location was pretty central everything within walking not distance if it's not to hot. The staff were excellent everyone knew all the guests by name and were very friendly and went out of their way to help us call restaurants and bodegas which was much appreciated. Beds were average to good, mine had a little dip in it but not uncomfortable at all.. Would recommend to others.

Staff were all great, really helpful!

Lagares Hostel is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. It was clean, comfortable and safe. It had a great community atmosphere without it being too noisy with people partying in the hostel. Javier and his team did a great job of making us feel welcomed and providing tons of information on things to do in Mendoza. Javier is such a sweet host! I really enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend the hostel to all travelers. The breakfast was great too!

Incredibly friendly team who go above and beyond to take care of you. Wonderful place to stay!

This was such a great hostel to stay in! The staff was some of the best I have ever encountered. It was located in a central location and I could walk to everything. They easily organized all the tours I wanted and the breakfast was great. There was an upstairs patio that was nice to relax on and the bathrooms were big and clean. Couldn't of been happier.

Really helpful and great staff at Legares. Very clean and comfortable with air conditioning. The only comment I'd have is the wine and bike tour recommended by the hostel was not very good. But thank you to the lady at the hostel who helped us contact our taxi driver and return an iPhone 6 to the airport!! Pretty incredible we were able to have it returned, so thank you.

Thank you!! We really appreciate take your time for review us! We are very happy that you like our job! About the wine bike tour maybe was bad luck, we have excellent feedback from our guest, we take note and check if they lowered the quality of the service! Hope to see you again!!

Had a brilliant time at this hostel. Delicious breakfast with fruit and homemade bread. The kitchen was lovely+a very nice place to chill. The staff were the best part, incredibly helpful when we had trouble with our bus tickets, couldn't have asked more of them. Consistent wifi. Nice common area to watch any movies. Comfy beds with but no stairs to top bunks!

Best staff I've ever seen in a hostel. They went so far out of their way to make sure every day in Mendoza was amazing and made everyone feel right at home. Clean, a/c, wifi in the rooms.

Fab hostel with very welcoming and helpful staff. They have lots of info about trips and things to do in Mendoza and around. The hostel is really clean and one lady never seems to stop cleaning! Very much enjoyed my stay, thank you to Javier and all the team there!

Loved my stay here for 5 nights. Really helpful staff, large cupboard/ lockers and really good size beds. Breakfast and kitchen also good with outside terrace. Need a taxi to good restaurants/lively area. No bar but good seating area and drinks can be brought in or bought at reception. Would stay here again

Great Hostel !!! I stayed in this hostel for five days and it was great!! Javier will always help you with everything you need, the beds are comfortable, AC in all the rooms and the breakfast is awesome with fresh fruits, juices and omellete. It felt like home, I will definitely be back !! Thanks for everything!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4