Lagares Hostel Reviews

Corrientes 213, (2 blocks West of), Mendoza, Argentina

A fantastic hostel!!!! We originally planned to stay in this hostel for a night however we happily extended it to a week once we realised how nice the place was. The staff were fantastic and the facilities were great. Thanks for the fantastic stay!!!

Staff are extremely helpful and go out of their way to accommodate you. Very clean, great vibe, good breakfast. It's the little things that count here, like powerpoints at each bed, great size lockers and plenty of bathrooms. When the road is closed to Chile for several days, this is a great place to wait. Thanks Xavier and team.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

I really enjoyed my stay in Lagares. Huge lockers, clean bathrooms, staff very willing to help, good location - near the bus terminal. And they have a lot of great activities!

I went to this hostel in down season, and it was crowded with a good atmosphere. The dorms were comfortable. Big kitchen. It was not too far from the city centre. They organise tours. I recommend this hostel.

Staff are nice and helpful.

All in all I was happy with my stay. The lockers were great, staff worked with me through some chaos, and the atmosphere was conducive to meeting new people. In terms of improvments I'd say bed I had on the top bunk didn't have an easy way to get in and out and had a large groove that made it a bit uncomfortable and the window shades in the room didn't keep the street lights off my face. The main storage area could also use a lock for staff only with a numbering system to identify bags.

This hostel is sweet. It's small but not too small, you can get to know everyone. Breakfast is ok, although the personal touch of the homemade bread, cake and jams is great!! Rooms and communical areas are clean, shower is hot (although only two in the whole hostel) communical area is good, it has many movies to choice from if you want a lazy day. Wifi is strong and can be got in rooms. Location of hostel is fairly central, about a 10 minute walk to the square.

Great hostel, very helpful staff. Breakfast starts at 7 am, which is a big plus for people who want to go out earlier!

Very good hostel! Has a good breakfast with dulce de leche everyday! The staff is very helpfull, the rooms and bathrooms are very good and clean. The kitchen has enough space if you need to cook. The room has heating or AC. Has a great cost x benefit relation. They also help you in chosing places to go with a touristic company. Thank you very much for the stay there!

Probably one of the best hostels I've stayed at in South America in terms of value for money, cleanliness and staff who were incredibly friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great too with freshly baked bread and cake every day! I would definitely recommend to anyone gong to Mendoza

• 20th Jun 2014

VERY friendly hostel, clean, quiet, great stay.

• 10th Jun 2014

great hostel in a good location. the owner Javier is the nicest and most helpful person I have ever met at a hostel. highly recommend

Great hostel, very friendly and helpful staff, nice home made bread and jams, cereal for breakfast. Recommend it!

• 3rd Jun 2014

One of the best hostels I´ve stayed in in South America. But the highlight of the hostel isn´t the internet, the showers, the breakfast or the kitchen, it´s the staff. Javier is an absolute delight, the best hostel employee I´ve ever come across, and one of the friendliest people I´ve met in my entire life. The hostel itself has great internet, outlets by the beds, decent breakfast, and the bathrooms/showers are top notch.

Great clean little hostel and fantastic staff that make great recommendations. Dorm rooms are spacious and clean. Great value compared to some others in the area.

Everyone is very friendly and very helpful! You can ask them anything and they will help you as best they can (and not only about mendoza)!

This place is incredible. Beds are comfy, rooms spacious and bathroom cleaned and well stocked. Wifi works everywhere and they have two nice areas to sit outside and chill. Good selection of beers and soft drinks sold by the hostel. The breakfast is impressive for such a budget place. The TV area is great with an infinite amount of films to watch. Good kitchen with everything you need to cook for yourself and close to a supermarket. Best hostel in Argentina I have stayed at.

Great staff and atmosphere. Great dvd/movie collection to watch to unwind for the day. Many selection of tours (definitely take the alta mountain tour). Location is couple more blocks further than what I am usually used to but still good enough walking distance from main plaza.

We had a wonderful stay. The staff were the friendliest I've encountered so far in South America! The location is good, few minutes from the Main Street. They had maids make your bed everyday, a great touch. Atmosphere was terrific when we were there, lots of travellers and a good space to socialize and have some drinks. Kitchen and bathrooms were good, wifi worked well for the most part, good movie selection. We had cable in our room as well. Would highly recommend.

This is a lovely hostel and a great place to stay. The staff are super friendly and helpful. Unlike other places, they will tell you all the options and give you their 'real' recommendations. They will also help you book buses to the next place too. The showers are hot, the beds really comfy (ideal after doing the wine tours!) and they have a great spacious kitchen if you want to cook. Definitely stay here if you get the chance.

« first « Prev 1 2 3