Lagares Hostel Reviews

Corrientes 213, (2 blocks West of), Mendoza, Argentina

FANTASTIC staff! So helpful with everything and even alerted us of a bus strike at the pass two days before our company did! Knowledgeable and friendly with free bike rentals for wine tours, great advice for eating and sightseeing, and freshly baked bread in the mornings. Lagares is 100%

• 12th Sep 2014

Very helpful staff, lots of tours, and individual plugs in the dorms. Cons: the location could be a bit better and the beds should definitely have stairs!

Natalia thank you very much for writing the review. For us it was a pleasure having you as a guest in our hostel. I know we're not in the main center of the town but two blocks from the main avenue and ten from bus terminal I think that's not a bad deal. Even in the area you'll find grocery stores, bars and restaurants nearby! We will try to solve the issue of the stairs, thanks for the observation! Safe travels!! Javier

Top hostel, erg schoon, relaxte sfeer, heerlijk ontbijt, een grote bbq op het mooie dakterras, WiFi werkt perfect. We hebben twee tours geboekt bij het hostel en hierbij waren Javier en collega's altijd bereid ons in vloeiend Engels te helpen (special thanks to Fabricio for sorting out our next destination; Valle del Fertil!). Kortom; thanks to the staff for making our stay great! We'll be back for sure!! :)

Great hostel, friendly staff, clean throughout. Nice big lockers with comfy bunk beds. Free breakfast is pretty good

Even though I just stayed at the Hostel for only one night the staff was really friendly and helpful. I ve nothing to complain. The atmosphere, the facilities and breakfast were really good. If You have to go to the bus station it is by taxi only 5 minutes and cost me not more than 20 Pesos. Conclusion: Great Hostel.

The hostel staff were very welcoming and knowledgeable. The bathrooms and bedrooms were clean. The hostel were very accommodating when I checked back in at short notice because the border crisding was closed due to bad weather. I booked a full day wine tour through them, the price was competitive and the tour was good quality

We loved this hostel. It is incredibly well kept, nice facilities, and the staff is helpful and kind. Everything is fairly standard in terms of bed comfort and bathrooms, but we really appreciated how clean everything was. The common area isn't anything to rave about but it is a great spot to watch a movie or relax with a bottle of wine and chat. It isn't necessarily close to the bus station or Villanueva St or the giant Park, but they are all in walking distance.

The staff are amazing here! As Mendoza is one of those cities where you go and do daily activities, and the staff at Lagares are super helpful in booking your trips and giving advice. It's also a great hostel if you just wanna chill and watch movies - they've got heaps!

This was an absolutely fantastic hostel. Communication from the hostel was first rate, the private room we hired was very comfortable and the layout of the communal area meant that we chatted with other travellers more than at any other point of our stay. The staff were welcoming, great at suggesting ideas and we had a brilliant time.

Best hostel I visited in Argentina ! Would definitely recommend it :)

Great hostel, lovely staff

This is a great hostel with excellent staff. They are so helpful and friendly. We extended our stay by 2 days because we loved the place. We booked all our tour through them and all worked out perfectly. As we stayed for 4 nights, we got the wine tour with Mr. Hugo for free. I would highly recommend staying here.

Ridiculously friendly and helpful host, prob the best welcome I have ever got. Nice hostel to spend a few days and go on tours. Great beds and hot showers. Did not think there was much of an atmosphere but prob depends on the guests at the time.

Excellent hostel! The staff are really friendly and helpful and they create a lovely, welcoming atmosphere for guests. Really clean, safe and all the facilities you need. Couldn't recommend this place more :)

Lagares was the best hostel we ever stayed in!!!!!! The best part was the staff, who really made the hostel what it is. The whole culture and atmosphere of the hostel amongst visitors was so friendly and family-like, likely because of the welcoming and extreme helpfulness of the staff. They went over and beyond in willingly answering our questions about supermarkets, buses, tours and more! Not super close to San Martin Parque (you'll have to bus there) but we had no problems at all getting about

A fantastic hostel!!!! We originally planned to stay in this hostel for a night however we happily extended it to a week once we realised how nice the place was. The staff were fantastic and the facilities were great. Thanks for the fantastic stay!!!

Lagares is definitively a great place to stay! We enjoyed a lot our stay and would go back. Great staff! The only little issue is the location, a little far away for bars and restaurants.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Mexico

This was defenitly our best stay during our whole trip. The location was good (not central central. But we like to be able to also sleep instead of hear music all night long). What was a defenit plus was that every bed had their own plug!! Even the top bunkbeds. Super! The locaers where big. They fit a backpack and some more space. The staff was super mega friendly and helpfull. Good English too! The showers where good. Even 1 dubble shower :). A nice outside area. Nice livingroom erea.

Great hostel with very helpful staff. They even helped mail me my camera after I accidentally left it there. Plenty of good excursions you can book through the hostel. I would definitely stay here again.

Lagares is awesome! My friend stayed here 4 years ago and loved it and I can definitely say that it's still a great place. Javier (the owner) often works front desk and he's so attentive, happy, friendly and helpful! There's a huge list of activities they can book for you, I did a full day winery tour and a sunset horse riding tour, so good. The hostel has huge lockers, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, a good breakfast included and a decent kitchen if you want to cook. Stay here!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3