Lagares Hostel Reviews

Corrientes 213, (2 blocks West of), Mendoza, Argentina

Great place to stay, the staff is great and Havier the manager is super nice and realy helpfull for everything... It's been a long time since i had a good breakfest that complete as in this hostel. I will recomend this hostel :)

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Israel

Op het moment dat ik arriveerde voelde ik me thuis en een vriend in een schoon, mooi hostel in een rustige, zonnnige stad op independance plaza na.

This is the nicest hostel I've stayed in so far - the staff were so nice, Javier went out of his way to accommodate me with everything I needed and at the same time found a way to do the same for everybody else, too. The rooms were cleaned really well by the lovely maid, and overall I just found my visit very nice and satisfying - and the homemade cake is addictive!

What a wonderful stay we had at the Lagares Hostel! We've never felt so welcomed by the staff. Javier is just fantastic, he couldn't have been more helpful or more friendly! He really made the effort to get to know us and always made sure we felt comfortable during our stay. The facilities at the hostel are great and there is always hot water for the showers. Breakfast is lovely with home made jams and breads/cakes! We strongly recommend a stay here!!!

Excellent stay at this hostel! Staff were extremely friendly, and were very helpful for organizing activities. Good facilities including laundry service. Would definitely stay again.

Javier and all of the rest of the staff were incredibly helpful and responsive to any requests that we had.

• 28th Sep 2014

Nice little hostel! The staff is good, but everyday was someone different at the front desk. Some of them were very nice and others not so much... the walls were recently painted so the smell in the dorms was terrible! The breakfast is good and starts at 7am. The locker in the dorms need a specific kind of padlock so probably you'll have to use one that the staff lend to you, so you don't use your own, wich is a bit disturbing in my opinion... but in general, the hostel is good.

Very friendly staff, comfy beds but noisy road!

Lagares Hostel is absolutely incredible!!!! From the second we arrived the staff was super friendly, they showed us where all the facilities were and where we could find everything we needed. The breakfast in the morning was fabulous, the staff helped us make dinner reservations every night, they were patient when we had no idea where we were going for our excursions...just great. I never write reviews for hostels, but this was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

FANTASTIC staff! So helpful with everything and even alerted us of a bus strike at the pass two days before our company did! Knowledgeable and friendly with free bike rentals for wine tours, great advice for eating and sightseeing, and freshly baked bread in the mornings. Lagares is 100%

• 12th Sep 2014

Very helpful staff, lots of tours, and individual plugs in the dorms. Cons: the location could be a bit better and the beds should definitely have stairs!

Natalia thank you very much for writing the review. For us it was a pleasure having you as a guest in our hostel. I know we're not in the main center of the town but two blocks from the main avenue and ten from bus terminal I think that's not a bad deal. Even in the area you'll find grocery stores, bars and restaurants nearby! We will try to solve the issue of the stairs, thanks for the observation! Safe travels!! Javier

Top hostel, erg schoon, relaxte sfeer, heerlijk ontbijt, een grote bbq op het mooie dakterras, WiFi werkt perfect. We hebben twee tours geboekt bij het hostel en hierbij waren Javier en collega's altijd bereid ons in vloeiend Engels te helpen (special thanks to Fabricio for sorting out our next destination; Valle del Fertil!). Kortom; thanks to the staff for making our stay great! We'll be back for sure!! :)

Great hostel, friendly staff, clean throughout. Nice big lockers with comfy bunk beds. Free breakfast is pretty good

Even though I just stayed at the Hostel for only one night the staff was really friendly and helpful. I ve nothing to complain. The atmosphere, the facilities and breakfast were really good. If You have to go to the bus station it is by taxi only 5 minutes and cost me not more than 20 Pesos. Conclusion: Great Hostel.

The hostel staff were very welcoming and knowledgeable. The bathrooms and bedrooms were clean. The hostel were very accommodating when I checked back in at short notice because the border crisding was closed due to bad weather. I booked a full day wine tour through them, the price was competitive and the tour was good quality

We loved this hostel. It is incredibly well kept, nice facilities, and the staff is helpful and kind. Everything is fairly standard in terms of bed comfort and bathrooms, but we really appreciated how clean everything was. The common area isn't anything to rave about but it is a great spot to watch a movie or relax with a bottle of wine and chat. It isn't necessarily close to the bus station or Villanueva St or the giant Park, but they are all in walking distance.

The staff are amazing here! As Mendoza is one of those cities where you go and do daily activities, and the staff at Lagares are super helpful in booking your trips and giving advice. It's also a great hostel if you just wanna chill and watch movies - they've got heaps!

This was an absolutely fantastic hostel. Communication from the hostel was first rate, the private room we hired was very comfortable and the layout of the communal area meant that we chatted with other travellers more than at any other point of our stay. The staff were welcoming, great at suggesting ideas and we had a brilliant time.

Best hostel I visited in Argentina ! Would definitely recommend it :)

Great hostel, lovely staff