Lagares Hostel Reviews

Corrientes 213, (2 blocks West of), Mendoza, Argentina

A friend was already staying at this hostel and recommended it. It did not disappoint. Javier knew everyone's name and always greeted you, he was awesome. I was always excited to see him smiling in the morning. Thank you and the next time I'm in Mendoza I will be back.

The staff were so incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms are cleaned when you are out during the day, and the breakfast is great! Couldn't have asked for a better stay.

We really loved our time in this hostel - it's one of the best we've stayed in. The staff were very helpful going above and beyond giving you a map and telling you where to go. The hostel was also nice and clean with good communal spaces and dorms (we stayed in the 6-man). Breakfast was much better than the average faire with cereal, bread, fruit, cake and scrabbled eggs. This is a great place to stay in Mendoza.

The staff here are so friendly, welcoming & helpful, big kitchen, tv with loads of films, spacious rooms & big lockers. Abit of a walk in town- about 15/20 mins & a 15 min taxi to the bar/ restaurant street. The only criticism would be that the bathrooms were not particularly clean, despite the rest of the hostel being spotless! Would definitely recommend!

I really enjoyed my time at Lagares!! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and the complimentary lockers were HUGE, which is nice for a hostel. Also, breakfast was delicious and included bread, cake, fruit, cereal, and scrambled eggs. All this at a cheap price (at least for someone using USD). Thanks Lagares!

The staff were amazing & so helpful. However the showers were not the best & the location was poor being pretty far from the centre.

Perfect stay. Helpful staff. Speaks English and Spanish fluently. Guarded 24/7. Can't ask for a better stay.

• 3rd Jul 2015

I left an expensive coat of mine in this hostel when I visited, and they found another guest who could meet me in Buenos Aires and return it to me. Kudos to Javier (and the two guests) who helped me out!

We stayed here for 4 days and had a fabulous time. All the staff including Javier were very welcoming and helpful! We really appreciated their aid in booking our day excursions so we could make the most of our time there. The hostel is very comfortable and social, and very much enjoyed the breakfast! Thoroughly recommended

• 11th Jun 2015

lagares is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed. the staff is second to none! very clean, great breakfast, safe, and the day trips that they book are fantastic. book a Mr Hugo bike tour and then me later ;)

Great price, very helpful staff and great double room!

• 7th Jun 2015

The staff was very helpful in planning excursions around Mendoza. They even helped me book a tour the week before I arrived at their hostel. Also the beds were comfy. Downsides: the bathrooms were kind of dirty and it's a few blocks away from the main part of town. Still easily walkable though.

Legares is a great hostel, one of the best in which I've stayed in S. America. Javier is so friendly, knows everyone by name from the second he meets them and makes the overall atmosphere so welcoming. Great place to meet people if travelling solo. Perfect for tours in Mendoza too. Definitely recommend!!

Every now and then you go to a hostel that makes you re-think all your previous reviews. Hostel Lagares was one of those hostels. They seriously raise the bar, particularly in the areas of staff and atmosphere. This hostel didn't have a rooftop overlooking the city or anything, but still I give it top marks. The staff were just beyond friendly and helpful, the breakfast was great... Really nothing critical to say about the place. Great last stop in South America. Adios.

hostel, would recommend!

Really enjoyed my stay here. The hostel is very social with hanging out areas well suited to meeting people. Breakfast was good and the rooms come with a locker allocated to each bed to store your stuff. Staff were super helpful and friendly

Staff here are excellent. Very impressed.

This is a super hostel. Javier and the rest of the staff are amazing. Really helpful with organising tours and provided lots tips on things to do in Mendoza. Breakfast was lovely. Freshly made bread and cake each morning. Selection of free teas all day long too. Would certainly stay again.

Great breakfast, very clean. Would definitely recommend!

The hostel had great security! A door to buzz you in, and everyone had a lock for a locker. The area directly around the hostel was kind of sketchy, but it was only a short, cheap taxi ride away from Avenida Arístides. The place had a good breakfast (I highly recommend their homemade bread)! The bathrooms could definitely use some more frequent cleaning, better draining, bath mats, etc, but they were do-able. The also offered great options for excursions.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5