Lagoa Guest House Reviews

Rua do Humait�,392, Humait�, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Friendly people working at the Hostel. Localed a bit outside the typical Copacabana/ Ipanema area. Next to the lake which is perfect for a nice run, walk or bike trip for 7 km in clean fresh air with an amazing view. Breakfast was missing fruit, which is quiet common in most hostels in Brazil. A minus for me. Make sure to understand how to take the buses back from the beach properly. Taxis don't cost so much for the short ride though.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

We asked the hostel where can we do laundry and they offered to do it for us. Their service was not good, they took too long despite their assurances. My advice is: if you cannot handle a service then do not offer to do it. However, the hostel is nice and the breakfast is good.

Good location. Overpriced due to world cup but competitive by comparison. Excellent friendly staff.

I really liked the breakfast, you can make yourself sandwiches. The staff is great and the hostel is about 15 min from copacabana

Good place and location away from the congestion of the copacabana. Considering our stay was during world cup, we did not experience the chaos and the Lagoa and neighborhood felt very local and not touristy in comparison to other areas. Transportation to and from Lagoa was abundant and easy. Staff were helpful and pleasant.

This hostel was great! We booked a private room for two for 150 reals per night. The room was clean and bright with AC and a private shower and bathroom. We had access to the communal kitchen which was well equipped and quaintly located in an outdoor alcove. The hostel was very quiet with guests mainly there not as tourists but for school. This is definitely not a party hostel but like a bed and breakfast with all the benefits of the communal living space and great travel tips from the staff.

• 14th Feb 2014

This place was amazing! They had everything. Nice breakfast, great staff in particular Paul, a good location and even did airport pickup. Will stay here again next time I visit. Definitely recommend.

Good and very quit place for staying with nice breakfast.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Ukraine

The Hostel was ok but the house next door was spooky and had the name of ´casa do Mago´. The staff was helpful and helped immediately when asked...... the location was on a busy street and we almost got run over twice trying to cross the road on a zebra crossing and the beach was much further away than stated.....

The hostel advertised that they do not have a laundry facility. That's OK. However, one could expect that they would have ropes for those who wish to wash their laundry themselves. I needed special permission from the management to use the house's ropes, and that's too difficult, too much. Other hostels make money from laundry facility, so what's the problem? The location is so so, and that cannot be changed. I thank the staff for organizing and booking trips and events.

We enjoyed a lot to stay in Rio and Lagoa Guest House

Lagoa Hostel is an amazing place. Very clean, rich breakfast, pretty close to everything and at the same time, "hidden" at this very particular region of Rio de Janeiro! It´s the second time I´ve been there and I always want to come back!

My stay was perfect, the hostel is very well located, not far from the wonderfull botanical garden of Rio, not far from the lago, it is possible to have very nice walk. The staff from the Lago guest house is very friendly, and advice you well. The hostel is a quite beautifull house and it wa a pleasure to stay there.

It is a very great place to stay! People are very nice, the place is very clean and has great location to all the transportation to different places of Rio. I totally recomend this place to stay and have a great stay.

• 19th Feb 2013
  • Chile

Great place to stay, especially because of the Location and the great and super friendly staff! When i'll be in Rio next time, i'll defenetly stay there.

• 14th Feb 2013

we had a great stay there during Carneval; staff is very friendly and helpful.

Great place with helpful staff, good connection with busses, still a calm area. I like to stay in more busy areas so I also tried a cheaper hostel closer to the beach in Ipanema, but this place has more value for the money.

Good hostel just not on the metro line but fairly easy buses. Air con rooms were nice and staff were helpful

This Hostel was a nice surprise. Basic but clean and tidy with fantastic staff. I would recommend this hostel.

• 8th Feb 2013

We had a wonderful time at Lagoa Guest House; everything was great except the cleanliness. Our bedroom and bathroom didn't get serviced the entire time we were there. The sheets and rubbish bins were pretty rank by the time we left. This was a little bit gutting as we paid a higher rate per night over Carnival. Otherwise, it was brilliant. The staff were really helpful, the location was really great, the atmosphere was perfect. The free internet computer in the lobby was really helpful too.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4