Lagoa Guest House Reviews

Rua do Humait�,392, Humait�, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This hostel was great! We booked a private room for two for 150 reals per night. The room was clean and bright with AC and a private shower and bathroom. We had access to the communal kitchen which was well equipped and quaintly located in an outdoor alcove. The hostel was very quiet with guests mainly there not as tourists but for school. This is definitely not a party hostel but like a bed and breakfast with all the benefits of the communal living space and great travel tips from the staff.

• 14th Feb 2014

This place was amazing! They had everything. Nice breakfast, great staff in particular Paul, a good location and even did airport pickup. Will stay here again next time I visit. Definitely recommend.

Good and very quit place for staying with nice breakfast.

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Ukraine

The Hostel was ok but the house next door was spooky and had the name of ´casa do Mago´. The staff was helpful and helped immediately when asked...... the location was on a busy street and we almost got run over twice trying to cross the road on a zebra crossing and the beach was much further away than stated.....

The hostel advertised that they do not have a laundry facility. That's OK. However, one could expect that they would have ropes for those who wish to wash their laundry themselves. I needed special permission from the management to use the house's ropes, and that's too difficult, too much. Other hostels make money from laundry facility, so what's the problem? The location is so so, and that cannot be changed. I thank the staff for organizing and booking trips and events.

We enjoyed a lot to stay in Rio and Lagoa Guest House

Lagoa Hostel is an amazing place. Very clean, rich breakfast, pretty close to everything and at the same time, "hidden" at this very particular region of Rio de Janeiro! It´s the second time I´ve been there and I always want to come back!

My stay was perfect, the hostel is very well located, not far from the wonderfull botanical garden of Rio, not far from the lago, it is possible to have very nice walk. The staff from the Lago guest house is very friendly, and advice you well. The hostel is a quite beautifull house and it wa a pleasure to stay there.

It is a very great place to stay! People are very nice, the place is very clean and has great location to all the transportation to different places of Rio. I totally recomend this place to stay and have a great stay.

• 19th Feb 2013
  • Chile

Great place to stay, especially because of the Location and the great and super friendly staff! When i'll be in Rio next time, i'll defenetly stay there.

• 14th Feb 2013

we had a great stay there during Carneval; staff is very friendly and helpful.

Great place with helpful staff, good connection with busses, still a calm area. I like to stay in more busy areas so I also tried a cheaper hostel closer to the beach in Ipanema, but this place has more value for the money.

Good hostel just not on the metro line but fairly easy buses. Air con rooms were nice and staff were helpful

This Hostel was a nice surprise. Basic but clean and tidy with fantastic staff. I would recommend this hostel.

• 8th Feb 2013

We had a wonderful time at Lagoa Guest House; everything was great except the cleanliness. Our bedroom and bathroom didn't get serviced the entire time we were there. The sheets and rubbish bins were pretty rank by the time we left. This was a little bit gutting as we paid a higher rate per night over Carnival. Otherwise, it was brilliant. The staff were really helpful, the location was really great, the atmosphere was perfect. The free internet computer in the lobby was really helpful too.

the best place to stay when visiting rio de janeiro. I personaly recomend to any one any time. location was very very nice across from the lagoon. staff was the best, clean always and paul this guy is awsome.thanks to all the staff at the lagoa guess house. I will be returning.

• 7th Feb 2013

The hostel is in an excellent location, close to all areas of the city. Stff are very friendly. Best value for money!

Great location, safe and a quick bus-ride close to the beaches and the cool bairros. Nice and clean, good breakfast, excellent wi-fi (could easily and very satisfactorily skype from my cheap android phone). Most of all, the staff are all fantastic. Always helpful, always cheerful. Without them, I would not have had an accommodation at my next destination in Brazil: they did the booking, they did the talking, they made sure I was all set up. Next time in Rio, I hope they'll have vacancies!

The atmosphere it's really good, they put some brazilian songs in the hall. They are really helpfull and cool. The shower is hot! The only problem is the bed, it smells not good, like it was mold.

• 2nd Nov 2012

I've stayed at Lagoa Guest house several times and I've enjoyed it every time! Very helpful staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3