Lagoa Hostel Reviews

R. Jose Henrique Veras, 469, Lagoa da Conceicao, Florianopolis, Brazil

The argentinean receptionist was great, but there were bed bugs

I spent here only one night. Staff are nice and friendly. The room was clean with private bathroom. It had a nice living room with a big screen to watch the world cup matches. Good location near the bus station, the lagoon and some beautiful beaches.

Unfortunately my plans for travel changed due to luggage not arriving but I've had friends stay there since and they said they really enjoyed it. If I was going to Floripa I'd definitely stay there...

+'s great hostel for socialising. staff were great. breakfast was decent. great location. -'s. rooms were cramped, not always clean and no hot water.

Staff were rude to us blaming loud noise from the night before - even though we knew we hadn't. Location great however wifi was unrelaible and drop outs would occur in different parts of the hostel.

THE WORST HOSTEL I've ever seen after traveling the world. Room leaking from the ceiling, bathroom was flooded, room stank and was dark and dingey. We left and found a cheaper place to stay which was a hotel and was much nicer. If you are traveling in winter don't believe the photos and reviews, this place is terrible.

Bedbugs in room númber one 6 bed dorm. Covered in bites. Confirmed by other people who got bites too !! When other girls told the staff about the bedbugs there was no a action or any respond. The hostel is really nice, great location but the bedbugs are really anoying.

We had a great time at Lagoa Hostel. Sergio really made it for us. Although the hostel is not right on a beach it is next to the lakes, it is central to everything and makes you get on a bus and explore the island.. It is really close to the bus terminal and you can get to most places for 2.9 reals. It is also close to the nightlife so you have the best of all worlds.

Serge is a legend. Had a great time and wish we could have stayed longer

People in the hostel are very helpful. The hostel organizes great tour around the island with discount prize (especially clubs in Jurere can be very expensive). The location is perfect and quite safe (still be careful as I understood that "safe" in Brazil is not the same as "safe" in Europe). In Florianopolis there are three main parts: the south (mostly nature, no party), the Lagoa (good combination between the two), the north (party...amazing but very expensive).

• 29th Dec 2013

The staff here are so friendly! Always willing to help and offer advice on things to do. The hostel was a little quiet during our stay so we didn't really meet anyone else, but the staff were great to chat to all the same.

Amazing and knowledgeable staff. Not enough bathrooms when hostel is fully booked!! Breakfast is very good!! Bar in the hostel has reasonable prices. Guest kitchen is basic. Supermarket and town with all the bars 2 blocks away. Easy to get to from downtown and easy to find from the terminal in lagoa conceicao(tilag)

Great hostel, with amazing and very friendly and helpfull staff. Special thanks to Rafaell for all the help (thanks for the samba bands, surf spots and nice chats ) :) Definatelly would be back there. Thanks a million again

great location. can walk into the "city". we went in sept/oct and the place was pretty dead. I mean the hostel and the whole city. so I would advise going when it's hotter to have the best time :) If i returned back to floripa I'd be happy to stay back at this place.

Generally, the hostel is excellent. I go there every week, because I have classes at uni just twice or three times a week. So I found a place where I could stay these days without paying expensive rents. The staff is amazing, the place is clean and the breakfast is very good. For those who are looking for a good location, that's the perfect hostel in Lagoa. I would highly recommend it.

• 13th Aug 2013

Nice staff and very good location.

• 19th Jul 2013

Excellent place with a great staff and located next to one of the most beautiful places in the world.

• 6th Jul 2013

I defenitely enjoyed Lagoa hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful (especially Rafael), the atmosphere was great and I met here new friends. Only a few blocks away you will find a lot of nice bars and clubs to party. Supermarkets, banks and restaurants are close to the hostel. The beaches in this area (eastern part of the island) are also fantastic. I can recommend hostel Lagoa to everybody who likes to visit the beautiful island of Santa Catarina and Florianopolis.

• 4th Jul 2013

Great hostel! Excellent location nearby beaches and bus terminal.

• 21st Jun 2013

Good location, very nice staff, but totally lack of feeling there.. probably better in main season, i stayed there in low season supermarket, atms, bars, restaurants and everything you need is right near, but beaches are far away

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7