Lagoon Backpackers Reviews

Rua Rio de Janeiro, 228, Buzios, Brazil

Some people will love it, some people will hate it. We hated it. We originally phoned up to change a room and the guy on the desk couldn't have been much ruder. Room was tiny, bathroom, which is shared by two other rooms, was disgusting. Killed a few cockroaches roaming around the room/corridor. Speaking Spanish in this hostel is more or less a prerequisite. Breakfast was boring. Location is far from the center although you are quite close to Geribá. Complete rip off. Go to a Pousada. Trust me.

• 8th Jan 2015

Thats true hate or love, there is nothing in between. We party rock, dance too much and have tropical problems. On january is full of argentinians(thanks god I love then and I am brazilian). Boring, old and pck people go to pousada, get a movie and watch all night long cos we will be drinking champagne, fernet until tired of reggaeton.

Nice hostel and I met friendly people there. Could stay again if I go to Buzios.

This is truly a great hostel! I found a great place to relax, but also to meet wonderful new people! The breakfast is amazing. This hostel has an amazing cooking space, rooms are quiet and spacious, with fans and air conditioning. You have one of the most beautiful beaches in Buzios just around the corner from it. But a special thanks goes to the staff! Martin, Iona, Renan, Simena, and all the other amazing people that made my stay in Buzios unforgettable, obrigadissima!!!! Tana :D

Good place if you don't plan on spending much time at the hostel, ie just sleep and a place to put your bags. The mattress smelled of urine and the bathrooms stank and we don't think they were cleaned the whole time we were there (5 night) except for the bins being emptied. The breakfast was exceptional, the best we have had (we added our own bought eggs for protein).

The hostel has a great atmosphere, the owner and Martin (who works there) are cool and friendly, nice people. Unfortunately the cleanliness is not the best quality the rooms have. The bed sheets were all dirty, same thing with the towels. However despite of this, we had a great time there. The hostel is not near to downtown, but is near to Gerbia beach, which is great. I would say that is a bit expensive for the services you have, but taking into account the prices in Buzios, is not that bad

Great place, great staff, definitely recommend

This hostel is close to the port where you can choose from a few nice restraunts and also 10min walking from the main surf beach. The staff spoke minimal english. You can catch a van for 2.5R to the other beaches. Big kitchen which was handy, nice deck to hang out and meet people.