Lagoon Backpackers Reviews

Rua Rio de Janeiro, 228, Buzios, Brazil

This is truly a great hostel! I found a great place to relax, but also to meet wonderful new people! The breakfast is amazing. This hostel has an amazing cooking space, rooms are quiet and spacious, with fans and air conditioning. You have one of the most beautiful beaches in Buzios just around the corner from it. But a special thanks goes to the staff! Martin, Iona, Renan, Simena, and all the other amazing people that made my stay in Buzios unforgettable, obrigadissima!!!! Tana :D

Good place if you don't plan on spending much time at the hostel, ie just sleep and a place to put your bags. The mattress smelled of urine and the bathrooms stank and we don't think they were cleaned the whole time we were there (5 night) except for the bins being emptied. The breakfast was exceptional, the best we have had (we added our own bought eggs for protein).

The hostel has a great atmosphere, the owner and Martin (who works there) are cool and friendly, nice people. Unfortunately the cleanliness is not the best quality the rooms have. The bed sheets were all dirty, same thing with the towels. However despite of this, we had a great time there. The hostel is not near to downtown, but is near to Gerbia beach, which is great. I would say that is a bit expensive for the services you have, but taking into account the prices in Buzios, is not that bad

Great place, great staff, definitely recommend

This hostel is close to the port where you can choose from a few nice restraunts and also 10min walking from the main surf beach. The staff spoke minimal english. You can catch a van for 2.5R to the other beaches. Big kitchen which was handy, nice deck to hang out and meet people.

Though I know my score is low, I really enjoyed this hostel. Great atmosphere. Social people. Loved the occasional group dinner. Could be more secure. Though the entrance door locks and requires a fingerprint for entry, I always found the door open and unlocked. Even at night. But a helpful staff, good location, and great people make it worth it.

You are right we had a problem, by now control by password until the fingerprint get repair. We use such a high tech and have 2 guys looking after 24h, even though here is one of the most safe city of Brazil.

The staff was excellent, made our stay incredible and I would stay there again just because of them; kudos to Martin and Julieta! They are always trying to help you in any way they can. I can not say the same about the owner. He gets angry easily. He advertises his hostel as a party hostel, but shuts down any activity before midnight. He even told us to quit playing guitar because "not all the guests like it". He is super arrogant and uncool.

Im sorry to take your attention strongly but "please " did not worked twice! Here is a Party Hostel but with respect to those ones that want to sleep always. (Silence Time: 1:00AM-10:00AM).

We made a quick visit out to Buzios for 3 days and stayed in Lagoon Backpackers. The staff are very friendly, breakfast is actually good (variety of fruit, Panini maker to toast your sandwiches, tomatoes, pepper!, etc.). It is super close to Gerbia beach, which you can easily walk to. The hostel has a nice communal living room area and outside patio/terrace which gives it a nice, chilled out vibe. Communal dinners are cooked so easy to save money and make new friends.