Lagoon Backpackers Reviews

Rua Rio de Janeiro, 228, Buzios, Brazil

Seriously DO NOT stay here. No AC in the rooms even in a 4 bed dorm. I literally sweat myself to sleep. The mattresses are very dirty and feels nasty to sleep on the bed. There wasn't even a mosquito net on our window and we got stung all night. There were 3 thefts while we were there from the small lockers they provided. The staff seems young and like they don't mind too much what's happening. I would recommend a pousada. At least it would be worth the money. This isn't.

Good chill out hostel located next to the beach and supermarket, the hostel isn't in the centre but you can catch mini vans for $2 which run regularly day and night. Good kitchen facilities and if you don't feel like cooking there is a chef that prepares fantastic food each night. The staff go above and beyond to help you out, we had a problem extending our stay but they managed to jig everything about and sorted us out! We love jules!

Great building and good vibes, Marina is great (couldn´t realize if there was someone else working there) and may be they could struggle a bit to make it more international/plurinational/ multicultural, coz having ppl from only one country sometimes kills the hostel atmosphere.

Comeon boy, January is the argentinian month and you are one of then. My hostel is abot dance and they love us. Next time come from february and talk english with the europeans. Any way i cannot control who book and LOVE ARGENTINIANS!

Very convenient location! Just a walk down the street from the Princesa market, and also from the bus stop to go downtown. Such a cute hostel, beautiful view from the balcony out into the lagoon. Offered a nice breakfast as well, ham and cheese with bread, assorted fruit. I'd definitely stay again :)

Some people will love it, some people will hate it. We hated it. We originally phoned up to change a room and the guy on the desk couldn't have been much ruder. Room was tiny, bathroom, which is shared by two other rooms, was disgusting. Killed a few cockroaches roaming around the room/corridor. Speaking Spanish in this hostel is more or less a prerequisite. Breakfast was boring. Location is far from the center although you are quite close to Geribá. Complete rip off. Go to a Pousada. Trust me.

• 8th Jan 2015

Thats true hate or love, there is nothing in between. We party rock, dance too much and have tropical problems. On january is full of argentinians(thanks god I love then and I am brazilian). Boring, old and pck people go to pousada, get a movie and watch all night long cos we will be drinking champagne, fernet until tired of reggaeton.

Nice hostel and I met friendly people there. Could stay again if I go to Buzios.

This is truly a great hostel! I found a great place to relax, but also to meet wonderful new people! The breakfast is amazing. This hostel has an amazing cooking space, rooms are quiet and spacious, with fans and air conditioning. You have one of the most beautiful beaches in Buzios just around the corner from it. But a special thanks goes to the staff! Martin, Iona, Renan, Simena, and all the other amazing people that made my stay in Buzios unforgettable, obrigadissima!!!! Tana :D