Lagoon Backpackers Reviews

Rua Rio de Janeiro, 228, Buzios, Brazil

I only stayed 3 nights at the Lagoon Backpackers, but wish I could have stayed longer. There was a great atmosphere, nice breakfast and the loveliest staff. Location is out of town, but buses(little white vans) take you to any beach or downtown for 2.5 reals, and go all the time. Only downside was that hallway to dorm room smelled like urine.. All in all however, I'd definitely recommend this place anytime!

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

I would definitely stay here again! I booked a private room which cost £20/night. The staff were amazing, they cooked for us every evening (and charged only 5 Reais). each day they offered to take me around and show me Buzios. There is a kitchen and lounge area both very nice and we managed to watch premier league football on the morning (always a bonus). The rooms are what you pay for, comfortable and clean. I had a wonderful stays - thank you!

• 7th May 2015

Came just after carnival so vibe was very relaxed. Good location right near one of the nicest beaches in area. Good breakfast and good evening activities. Didn't think dorms were very clean though and extremely hot! Girl in our room had her stuff stolen from her locker when we were there.

Seriously DO NOT stay here. No AC in the rooms even in a 4 bed dorm. I literally sweat myself to sleep. The mattresses are very dirty and feels nasty to sleep on the bed. There wasn't even a mosquito net on our window and we got stung all night. There were 3 thefts while we were there from the small lockers they provided. The staff seems young and like they don't mind too much what's happening. I would recommend a pousada. At least it would be worth the money. This isn't.

Not true, thats what we can say!

Good chill out hostel located next to the beach and supermarket, the hostel isn't in the centre but you can catch mini vans for $2 which run regularly day and night. Good kitchen facilities and if you don't feel like cooking there is a chef that prepares fantastic food each night. The staff go above and beyond to help you out, we had a problem extending our stay but they managed to jig everything about and sorted us out! We love jules!