Lagoon Backpackers Reviews

Rua Rio de Janeiro, 228, Buzios, Brazil

We had an amazing time in Lagoon Backpackers! made really good friends with the staff and with other travellers. You can both relax and party. The staff will take you out to enjoy the best of Buzios' nightlife, to a crazy boat party, they will take care of you if you fall ill, or share a barbacue with you in one of the patios. Then, you can choose to spend the day laying in a hammock or go to one of the beaches (one is walking distance) and just chill and have some caipirinhas.

The location is not convenient as it is far from the center of the town. The rooms are very tiny and the kitchen is not so clean.

It's a really niche hostel, full of nice people, the rooms are nice. The kitchen is big.

We had a really nice time here, the atmosphere is exceptional and you really get swept up in the fun nature of the place. The Internet was really good, and breakfast was also very pleasant! We had a hostel night out which was great fun and was organised by the friendly staff. There are ample lockers and very nice communal area to relax and meet people. They also have a computer to use and organise any tours/car rentals for you! I would definitely stay here again!

This hostel was super dirty! Bathrooms were disgusting!!! They should definitely improve their cleaning service!!! Locality ok, easy to get to the city and to the beach. People who have worked at the reception/front desk were nice and helpful.

Wifi brutal. I don't see why this can't be fixed.

There are great people! Gusts and employees! Helping with planning our day, very plait, young and very happy person. Wheb I stayed there there was a lot of activities like barbecue, Latin party. Very recommended place :)

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Israel

Staff were friendly, but service was slow. The location was okay, not particularly close to anything except the main road through Buzios. Seems to attract mainly Brazilian and Argentinian travelers in large groups, so not the best place to make friends if you aren't fluent in Portuguese or Spanish. Stayed in a private room, and it was not worth the money - dirty, no mirror in the room and the ceiling appeared it might fall down at any moment. Lots of insects and geckos crawling the walls.

The location is fine if you have car, the cleaness is very bad, in 5 days nobody went to my room to clean or take the trash out.

An extremely nice place, with a great atmosphere! It is very clean, well organised, and the staff is awesome! We had a great time! Beijos para Marina, você é legal!!

It's a very good hostel. Close to the Geriba beach and supermarket. Easy to get to the city center with cheap vans that are available 24hrs.

The staff was great and we had a fun time on our last night chatting with them. Really convenient that they let us shower before heading back to Rio. Wish the hostel was closer to the city center but it's just a quick and cheap bus ride away. Stayed in a 4 bed bunk dorm and had a fan but no a/c , thank god it wasn't very hot that day ☺because you can't really open the windows due to mosquitoes.

The staff were very nice and friendly. Security is not so good in the rooms. No lockers to store your things. :)

The lockers are just in front of the of room, all the rest has lockers inside. we have 12 cameras and probably one of the only hostel in the world with fingerprint acess control. :(

I only stayed 3 nights at the Lagoon Backpackers, but wish I could have stayed longer. There was a great atmosphere, nice breakfast and the loveliest staff. Location is out of town, but buses(little white vans) take you to any beach or downtown for 2.5 reals, and go all the time. Only downside was that hallway to dorm room smelled like urine.. All in all however, I'd definitely recommend this place anytime!

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

I would definitely stay here again! I booked a private room which cost £20/night. The staff were amazing, they cooked for us every evening (and charged only 5 Reais). each day they offered to take me around and show me Buzios. There is a kitchen and lounge area both very nice and we managed to watch premier league football on the morning (always a bonus). The rooms are what you pay for, comfortable and clean. I had a wonderful stays - thank you!

• 7th May 2015

Came just after carnival so vibe was very relaxed. Good location right near one of the nicest beaches in area. Good breakfast and good evening activities. Didn't think dorms were very clean though and extremely hot! Girl in our room had her stuff stolen from her locker when we were there.

Seriously DO NOT stay here. No AC in the rooms even in a 4 bed dorm. I literally sweat myself to sleep. The mattresses are very dirty and feels nasty to sleep on the bed. There wasn't even a mosquito net on our window and we got stung all night. There were 3 thefts while we were there from the small lockers they provided. The staff seems young and like they don't mind too much what's happening. I would recommend a pousada. At least it would be worth the money. This isn't.

Not true, thats what we can say!

Good chill out hostel located next to the beach and supermarket, the hostel isn't in the centre but you can catch mini vans for $2 which run regularly day and night. Good kitchen facilities and if you don't feel like cooking there is a chef that prepares fantastic food each night. The staff go above and beyond to help you out, we had a problem extending our stay but they managed to jig everything about and sorted us out! We love jules!

Great building and good vibes, Marina is great (couldn´t realize if there was someone else working there) and may be they could struggle a bit to make it more international/plurinational/ multicultural, coz having ppl from only one country sometimes kills the hostel atmosphere.

Comeon boy, January is the argentinian month and you are one of then. My hostel is abot dance and they love us. Next time come from february and talk english with the europeans. Any way i cannot control who book and LOVE ARGENTINIANS!

Very convenient location! Just a walk down the street from the Princesa market, and also from the bus stop to go downtown. Such a cute hostel, beautiful view from the balcony out into the lagoon. Offered a nice breakfast as well, ham and cheese with bread, assorted fruit. I'd definitely stay again :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4