Lagoon Backpackers Reviews

Rua Rio de Janeiro, 228, Buzios, Brazil

Seriously DO NOT stay here. No AC in the rooms even in a 4 bed dorm. I literally sweat myself to sleep. The mattresses are very dirty and feels nasty to sleep on the bed. There wasn't even a mosquito net on our window and we got stung all night. There were 3 thefts while we were there from the small lockers they provided. The staff seems young and like they don't mind too much what's happening. I would recommend a pousada. At least it would be worth the money. This isn't.

Good chill out hostel located next to the beach and supermarket, the hostel isn't in the centre but you can catch mini vans for $2 which run regularly day and night. Good kitchen facilities and if you don't feel like cooking there is a chef that prepares fantastic food each night. The staff go above and beyond to help you out, we had a problem extending our stay but they managed to jig everything about and sorted us out! We love jules!

Great building and good vibes, Marina is great (couldn´t realize if there was someone else working there) and may be they could struggle a bit to make it more international/plurinational/ multicultural, coz having ppl from only one country sometimes kills the hostel atmosphere.

Comeon boy, January is the argentinian month and you are one of then. My hostel is abot dance and they love us. Next time come from february and talk english with the europeans. Any way i cannot control who book and LOVE ARGENTINIANS!

Very convenient location! Just a walk down the street from the Princesa market, and also from the bus stop to go downtown. Such a cute hostel, beautiful view from the balcony out into the lagoon. Offered a nice breakfast as well, ham and cheese with bread, assorted fruit. I'd definitely stay again :)

Some people will love it, some people will hate it. We hated it. We originally phoned up to change a room and the guy on the desk couldn't have been much ruder. Room was tiny, bathroom, which is shared by two other rooms, was disgusting. Killed a few cockroaches roaming around the room/corridor. Speaking Spanish in this hostel is more or less a prerequisite. Breakfast was boring. Location is far from the center although you are quite close to Geribá. Complete rip off. Go to a Pousada. Trust me.

• 8th Jan 2015

Thats true hate or love, there is nothing in between. We party rock, dance too much and have tropical problems. On january is full of argentinians(thanks god I love then and I am brazilian). Boring, old and pck people go to pousada, get a movie and watch all night long cos we will be drinking champagne, fernet until tired of reggaeton.

Nice hostel and I met friendly people there. Could stay again if I go to Buzios.

This is truly a great hostel! I found a great place to relax, but also to meet wonderful new people! The breakfast is amazing. This hostel has an amazing cooking space, rooms are quiet and spacious, with fans and air conditioning. You have one of the most beautiful beaches in Buzios just around the corner from it. But a special thanks goes to the staff! Martin, Iona, Renan, Simena, and all the other amazing people that made my stay in Buzios unforgettable, obrigadissima!!!! Tana :D

Good place if you don't plan on spending much time at the hostel, ie just sleep and a place to put your bags. The mattress smelled of urine and the bathrooms stank and we don't think they were cleaned the whole time we were there (5 night) except for the bins being emptied. The breakfast was exceptional, the best we have had (we added our own bought eggs for protein).

The hostel has a great atmosphere, the owner and Martin (who works there) are cool and friendly, nice people. Unfortunately the cleanliness is not the best quality the rooms have. The bed sheets were all dirty, same thing with the towels. However despite of this, we had a great time there. The hostel is not near to downtown, but is near to Gerbia beach, which is great. I would say that is a bit expensive for the services you have, but taking into account the prices in Buzios, is not that bad

Great place, great staff, definitely recommend

This hostel is close to the port where you can choose from a few nice restraunts and also 10min walking from the main surf beach. The staff spoke minimal english. You can catch a van for 2.5R to the other beaches. Big kitchen which was handy, nice deck to hang out and meet people.

Though I know my score is low, I really enjoyed this hostel. Great atmosphere. Social people. Loved the occasional group dinner. Could be more secure. Though the entrance door locks and requires a fingerprint for entry, I always found the door open and unlocked. Even at night. But a helpful staff, good location, and great people make it worth it.

You are right we had a problem, by now control by password until the fingerprint get repair. We use such a high tech and have 2 guys looking after 24h, even though here is one of the most safe city of Brazil.

The staff was excellent, made our stay incredible and I would stay there again just because of them; kudos to Martin and Julieta! They are always trying to help you in any way they can. I can not say the same about the owner. He gets angry easily. He advertises his hostel as a party hostel, but shuts down any activity before midnight. He even told us to quit playing guitar because "not all the guests like it". He is super arrogant and uncool.

Im sorry to take your attention strongly but "please " did not worked twice! Here is a Party Hostel but with respect to those ones that want to sleep always. (Silence Time: 1:00AM-10:00AM).

We made a quick visit out to Buzios for 3 days and stayed in Lagoon Backpackers. The staff are very friendly, breakfast is actually good (variety of fruit, Panini maker to toast your sandwiches, tomatoes, pepper!, etc.). It is super close to Gerbia beach, which you can easily walk to. The hostel has a nice communal living room area and outside patio/terrace which gives it a nice, chilled out vibe. Communal dinners are cooked so easy to save money and make new friends.

The staff was superb. Breakfast was really tastey . The rooms were clean and good size, and the view of the lake was relaxing.

• 18th Jun 2014

The atmosphere is very chill and friendly, the common room is perfect to spend the night there and make new friends. The kitchen is very clean. Rooms are nice.

a nice hostel, with nice crew! the atmosphere was amazing! Kitchen is really good! we booked for 3 nights, ended up staying 10 nights! Last night the crew offered a cheap and tasty BBQ

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

The hostel is a little far from the center you have to take a bus (about 20 min), but is very near to some of famous beaches, like Geribá. The security is very poor, the front door is always open even during the night. The breakfast is good, with bread, juice, fruits and the staff is nice. I went during a big holiday so the hostel was full and they have some problems to clean everything. The value for money is good.

NO!! We have people looking after 24h and FINGERPRINT ACCESS CONTROL, it was repairing. Even though tBuzios is the safest place in Brazil as Lagoon Backpackers never had any single problem.

A very nice place to stay, it's on Geribá lake and you have supermarket, locomotion, beach and a couple of thing arround... actually every places are near, because buzios isn´t a big place and with a mini bus you can go everywere in a few minutes. Relation value/quality is awesome, you will find a very good rooms (i tried the private room) for less than other places... Breakfast also is nice: breads, fruits, coffee, natural juices, etc. Regards.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Chile

Even though not located in the center it's near beautiful beaches. Amazing staff!

« first « Prev 1 2 3