Lahinch Hostel Reviews

Church Street, Clare, Lahinch, Ireland

Great location, right next to the beach and great owner—I thought I lost my wallet when I got there (left it on the bus!) and he was so helpful, calming me down and calling the bus company to get it back AND gave me a Guinness to calm my nerves—exactly what was needed, was so thankful I was staying somewhere that cared about guests and also met great people there; recommended!

Couldnt have asked for any better! Super service

• 22nd Aug 2014

Fantastic location, very friendly staff

• 20th Aug 2014

The locks on the doors were not sufficient need attention, We had problems and so did the people next door to us. It is clearly to eliminate the lost door keys but I think it would work better with just a key. The dorm we were in was fine as we were only passing through for one night and did not have backpacks but the room was way to small as a six bed,if all had backpacks better as a 4bed dorm. walls are paper thin also.

although we've booked a female dorm a guy slept in our room. it was really loud the whole night. when we tried to speak to the supervisor of the hostel in the morning he didn't care. apart from that, beds horrible, rooms was clean big really smelly and the toilets were not great either.

Hi there, i met with you at 7.45am and u told me that a man had slept in the female dorm you were in, i asked what time had he arrived in the room and u said he was there since the evening before to which i asked why you had not gone to reception or alert the night porter to your unhappiness, i talked to the man 5minutes after i talked to you and he was with his girlfriend in the room, he apologized for the confusion then we walked to reception to apologize but you and your friend had left.

Great location.

A centrally located hostel with comfy beds and a fairly large kitchen. They have plenty of secure storage space for bikes which was great as the town itself is very busy and we wouldn't have wanted to have left then locked outside.

Although spending just one night in Lahinch Hostel, we had a pleasant stay. Pity we couldn't surf because of the tiny waves, but we certainly recommend staying here when you're on a surf trip in Ireland. Its location is just ideal!

Noise on Saturday night meant we could only get a few hours sleep. Teenagers having a party and drinking in their room shouldn't be allowed. Under 18's should only be allowed stay with adult supervision if they are going to act like that.

• 19th Jun 2014