Lake Como Hostel La Primula Reviews

Via IV Novembre 106, Menaggio, Lake Como, Italy

The hostel had a lovely atmosphere! We got to meet a lot of new people, and the drinks from the bar are cheap and good. Everyone was very friendly. Also, the main room has games, brochures for different activities, and a great view of lake Como. Would definitely go back! Just a tip...if taking the bus from Como, line c10, you need to hit the stop button around the menaggio grand hotel. You will see a sign on the side of the road for ostello hostel...it's the same one!

• 31st Jul 2015

This was a great place to stay. The staff was great and always willing to help. It was a great atmosphere!

I absolutely loved every minute of my stay here. It had a relaxed yet fun atmosphere with amazing staff who were super friendly and helpful. I was extremely comfortable staying there by myself and easily met people to spend my time with. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 29th Jul 2015

Location is amazing. Lovely bohemian feel to the hostel and the staff are friendly and happy to help with whatever you need. Had a great time here. Would definitely go back.

staff were super friendly and helpful - however when we arrived there were no sheets ready and they told us they'd be brought to our rooms later but we came back at 2am and there were no sheets... Dinner was ok, nothing special. Location was good - easy access to buses. View is absolutely gorgeous

Best part about the hostel is the atmosphere- great communal areas and really easy to meet other travellers. The outdoor terrace and balcony offered some pretty incredible views, and the kitchen downstairs made amazing communal BBQ and pizzas etc. my only complaint would be the lack of security, you could easily walk into any of the rooms and we didn't get keys for anything, also the room was super hot at night. Besides that perfect!

We had an amazing time here and would highly recommend it to anyone. Great deal for meals, cheap drinks and an excellent atmosphere down in the main lounge area. Amazing views of the lake too.

This hostel is in a beautiful location but that's one of the only things it has going for it. The food is a good value but everything else was disappointing. I arrived at 7pm and there were no sheets on my bed- supposedly they were 'waiting for them the be delivered'. The 6 bed dorm was cramped and dirty, the bathrooms smelled terrible and were not clean. I know it's a budget hostel but it was gross. Stunning location but I would never go back and I would recommend it to no one. Staff was rude.

Make sure you allow time to get in and out and around Lake Como as it is not easy! In saying that, Menaggio is a beautiful place to unwind, and to engage in fantastic activities, and the hostel is the hub of the town :) Rooms have a fantastic view of the lake, and breakfast is included.

Pros: Amazing location in the town of Menaggio! Cheap ferry ride away from Belaggio and Varenna and great views of the lake and surrounding areas. 6 euro for pasta dinner and a glass of wine was also a great deal. Cons: Lots of families staying in hostel takes away from your typical hostel experience. No air con on 45 degree days is rough because the fan didn't even circulate air in the room. Rooms are a little small for the 8 beds they squeeze in there.

Incredible location, kayak rental was great. No lockers or locked doors which made us nervous but felt safe overall. Staff made us feel VERY awkward when first arriving... Breakfast no big deal. Location and hiking trails made this place, would come back

Awesome hostel. Beautiful location. Lots to do there. Great meals. They could speed up the registration though. I waited an hour!

Great location!! I highly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Lake Como area. BBQ nights are cool too, especially if you're traveling alone and want to socialize.

I stayed there just for one day, but it was very good, the staff was really friendly and the location is perfect!!!

• 17th Jul 2015

Staff seemed like they did not want to help or even talk to us while we were there. When you would try to ask them a question they wouldn't stop talk to their fellow coworker to assist you. A few especially are very unpleasant

Great hostel! Easy to meet other travellers there and just have a good time! Friendly and helpfull staff! Good for a daytrip! We definitely recommend this hostel!

Beautiful, relaxing. It is a very family friendly place, so lots of kids running around which I found annoying, but other than that, all good.

Delicious food!!! Host was amazingly gracious! Gorgeous view. Wish I had a better room with a view. Maybe taller bunks since the ceilings are so high? Overall, a wonderful stay.

Great thank-you! Hot in the rooms but when it is 35 degrees out I don't think there is much you can do about that!

Pros- beautiful spot, easy to get to, great staff, good social atmosphere, good dinner every night I was sick for my entire stay (unrelated to the hostel!) and the staff was very accommodating about me lying around in the common areas all day Cons- absurdly hot & cramped dorms, showers were a little gross

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4