Lake Como Hostel La Primula Reviews

Via IV Novembre 106, Menaggio, Lake Como, Italy

The hostel had an amazing location over looking the lake and the transport links were very efficient. We had lots of fun in the very social environment and there were lots of great activities to get involved with like hiking, bike riding and canoeing. The food was good and the staff were mostly very friendly. My only criticism is when we went to hire there bikes they were in very bad condition, if your paying 25 euros to borrow them they should be in useable condition.

Staff were awesome especially the blond girl. She is a keeper :) Great customer service skills. One thing. Fix the toilet doors. Try using the toilet boss. See if you can sit down door closed ! You know what I'm on about. Fix dorm room door drag on floor.

This hostel is amazing. The location simply cant be beaten (literally on the shore of Lake Como), I swam in the lake every morning. Breakfast was adequate, dinner was GREAT for the price. It's nice and cool, the facilities are clean, the staff is spectacular, the house prosecco is only 2 euros, the view is amazing. And it's REALLY cheap for what you get. They could easily charge double the price. I will be going back for my next European vacation.

Good location, that's about it! Uncomfortable bed, horrible shower, very old fan which was very noisy was the only cooling in very very hot room! No lockers, which would be okay if there was at least a lock on the door for the room, but no such thing. Not overly impressed.

Nice Hostel

Nice hostel, but the price is high for what it's worth. The hostel gave us the wrong time for the bus to go to the train station, so we missed our train ... We also had an all-you-can-eat night, but it was really all you can eat in one plate. It was dissapointing.

Awesome place to stay, very helpful and accommodating staff. Everything you could want out of a hostel!

Would recommend this hostel for solo travellers - it was really to meet other people here.

This was such a nice hostel and the location was great. They have a really cool vibe and the staff are really helpful ...gave us a lot of great tips! We rented their kayaks for an hour and really enjoyed that! Our room was really clean too :-) only thing is the water in the shower was cold

• South Africa

We ( fam. of 4) had a fine stay at a beatyful location

• Belgium

The hostel had a lovely atmosphere! We got to meet a lot of new people, and the drinks from the bar are cheap and good. Everyone was very friendly. Also, the main room has games, brochures for different activities, and a great view of lake Como. Would definitely go back! Just a tip...if taking the bus from Como, line c10, you need to hit the stop button around the menaggio grand hotel. You will see a sign on the side of the road for ostello hostel...it's the same one!

• 31st Jul 2015

This was a great place to stay. The staff was great and always willing to help. It was a great atmosphere!

A true true backpackers hostel in every sense. Lively enough to keep most backpackers in the hostel of an evening. Cheap beer. Lots going on. Full 3 course dinner every night €13. Everyone chatting and friendly. Great location right opposite ferry port with supermarket & on main bus route.

I absolutely loved every minute of my stay here. It had a relaxed yet fun atmosphere with amazing staff who were super friendly and helpful. I was extremely comfortable staying there by myself and easily met people to spend my time with. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Location is amazing. Lovely bohemian feel to the hostel and the staff are friendly and happy to help with whatever you need. Had a great time here. Would definitely go back.

Had an awesome time on Lake Como! The staff are all fabulous. Just an overall really cool vibe, was traveling alone and I met tons of nice people here! The hostel doubles as a night time hangout spot for both guests and non-guests. We had a great time sipping cheap beers and jamming out. Was more fun than going out. Rooms/showers are a little cramped but thats my only complaint. I would absolutely stay here again. Thank you David & staff for a lovely stay!

staff were super friendly and helpful - however when we arrived there were no sheets ready and they told us they'd be brought to our rooms later but we came back at 2am and there were no sheets... Dinner was ok, nothing special. Location was good - easy access to buses. View is absolutely gorgeous

Best part about the hostel is the atmosphere- great communal areas and really easy to meet other travellers. The outdoor terrace and balcony offered some pretty incredible views, and the kitchen downstairs made amazing communal BBQ and pizzas etc. my only complaint would be the lack of security, you could easily walk into any of the rooms and we didn't get keys for anything, also the room was super hot at night. Besides that perfect!

We had an amazing time here and would highly recommend it to anyone. Great deal for meals, cheap drinks and an excellent atmosphere down in the main lounge area. Amazing views of the lake too.

This hostel is in a beautiful location but that's one of the only things it has going for it. The food is a good value but everything else was disappointing. I arrived at 7pm and there were no sheets on my bed- supposedly they were 'waiting for them the be delivered'. The 6 bed dorm was cramped and dirty, the bathrooms smelled terrible and were not clean. I know it's a budget hostel but it was gross. Stunning location but I would never go back and I would recommend it to no one. Staff was rude.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4