Lake Como Youth Hostel La Primula Reviews

Via IV Novembre 106, Menaggio, Lake Como, Italy

Coming from the train station in Como, it took quite a while to get here by bus (infrequent and we barely got on). No locks on doors and only a small locker in the room for valuables. Dorms were the tiniest I've ever been in, considering it was for 8 people. Friendly staff and many services offered (help with booking activities, renting kayaks, in-house cooking classes). Nice atmosphere in common area. Homemade dinners offered and basic breakfast included (hot food extra cost). Odd opening hrs..

The hostel was a really wonderful place to stay! I am a female solo traveller and I felt super safe there, the staff was very kind and helpful, and it was a social environment so I made friends! The town of Menaggio is really cute and there are also lots of busses to surrounding areas on the lake. This hotel overlooks the lake and is only a few minutes walk from the town, bus stop, and lakeside walk. I would definitely recommend it!

• 13th May 2015

Very helpful staff, great recommendations re local walking. Excellent atmosphere and highly recommended. Thank-you.

• 9th May 2015

Enjoyed my stay! Love you guys! -Gilly

The location and views from hostel are excellent. However, bedrooms were cramped and in need of an update. The staff seemed confused and disinterested. Kayaks are in bad shape - prone to filling with water. But we had a nice time in lake como and it was nice to stay in such a convenient location!

No guest kitchen and no laundry. The meal every night was totally delicious! The value for money is great and the staff were very friendly.

Great restaurant. Very good value for the meals there. Beautiful views of lake como. They provided good resources for things to do in the area. Some of the staff were great, others did bare minimum.

The staff of this hostel were the most down to earth guys I've ever met. Spent most of my days here with Louisa, a staff member, and finally made her jump in the lake on the final day... It was bloody freezing. Only regret was not staying here longer! More of a family then staff working here and that's nice to see - Very comforting for the solo traveller. The views are epic and facilities are perfect for a hostel! Thanks again Louisa! Loved it!

The lockers are very small, but the hostel is located close to the Lake with a great view of the water and mountains!

Amazing staff . Thank you Cody and the German girl ( sorry ! Forgot the name ) . Location is great :)) tiny tiny shower tho .. If you are bit healthy (chubby ) you won't fit in :)) ... I love this hostel , will definitely recommend .

Absolutely beautiful!! Wish I could stay longer. Staff where great, facilities where good and the atmosphere 10/10. 👌

This hostel rocks. It's like one big family. The rooms are a little cramped though but it's not a big deal since you'll be spending most of your time downstairs in the common area. Located right next to the ferry and a 5 minute walk to the center of Menaggio. I would definitely stay here again!

Budget-friendly hostel in a very good location, just right next to Lake Como. Very helpful staff, good kitchen (although there is no common kitchen where you could prepare your own meal). They have many advi

Awesome scenery and friendly staff. Can take awhile to get to as it's located an hour by bus from Como but there are plenty. Rooms are a little small (we were in the 8 bed mixed). Breakfast is the usual hostel kind.

If anyone mentions Lake Como I make sure to tell them about this hostel. I had such an incredible stay here. The staff were not only resourceful but also engaging and fun to be around. Dinner was made every night for a very reasonable price, the quality was amazing, I don't think I could have found anything better in town. The group of people that this hostel draws are people with an adventurous nature who want to go hike and explore. I had such a wonderful time here and hope to come back!

A self cooking facility would had been good if not excellent.

Location is only low because its far to get to. But it is an amazing view of the lake. Beautiful town. I recommend renting the bikes and going around town. Its amazing! Staff were open and welcoming, just be aware of prices (ie they invited us to eat with them and after about 5 minutes mentioned the price. But it says on signs.) there were ants in the room in the morning and a spider on the roof in the shower. Sheets were clean though and dishes too.

Really liked this hostel. The location is fabulous, breakfast in the sunshine every morning overlooking the lake. A few minutes to the bus stop or the ferry and a few minutes more to the center of Menaggio. Staff friendly and helpful. Stefano going out of his way to assist by posting an item I left behind. And a charming volunteer helped to make my visit more enjoyable. As a solo traveler I love the way they have a social table where you can eat with the staff and other guests if you choose.

• 14th Mar 2015