Lake Como Youth Hostel La Primula Reviews

Via IV Novembre 106, Menaggio, Lake Como, Italy

Best hostel I've ever stayed in!! Between the location, view of the lake, wonderful staff and facilities, I would absolutely recommend this hostel to others. The food is excellent and very affordable compared to prices in town. The staff was very helpful with planning day excursions and the manager, Fabio, helped me figure out my train timetables to arrive at the airport on time. The hostel is social and great for solo travellers, but also perfect for families! I will absolutely be returning!!

• 2nd Nov 2014

I booked for one night and I ended up staying 4 nights! It's one of the best hostel I've ever been to! See you soon!!

Lovely stay, excellent food and good entertainment :) thank you guys expecially Beatrice!

• 28th Oct 2014

Location way beyond expectations, cool and helpful staff, great food and very good value. The 8 bed mixed dorm had an amazing view right on the lake. Wish I could have stayed longer! I'll definitely come back.

• 28th Oct 2014

This hostel has an amazing location, Lake Como is gorgeous and is the only hostel I could find.The majority of the staff were very helpful and friendly as well! However, I found the state of the hostel including our rooms and bathrooms to be disgusting. I was there for four nights and my room or the shared bathroom were not cleaned once. Considering you are to be out of your room from 10:30-12:30 and the reception is closed 2-5pm I found this to be ridiculous that the place was that dirty.

Such a wonderful hostel. The location is the best! The ferry from the Varenna train station we found to be very easy. The view from our dorm was amazing. Excellent staff who spoke great English. Bathrooms and beds were clean. Great place to meet people, and they have wonderful dinners here that are very reasonably priced. The only thing was I wish there were ether bigger lockers to fit a whole bag or a lock on the room door for better security.

nice location with great view. Friendly staff. Great atmosphere. Yet slow wifi, no kitchen. No security. Wierd rule eg: Not allow to bring foods into room.

It would be easy for everyone to find the hostel if there is a sign with the right name on the road.

Nothing short of amazing. One of the best hostels i've stayed in, did not want to leave!. Though, toilets and showers are quite small

• 16th Oct 2014

This hostel is one of those that makes you feel at home. The staff are super friendly and helpful. The rooms and bathrooms are clean, and the food is yummy. There isn't much security, but you do not need it as it's such a safe area. Definitely stay here!

Had an amazing stay here. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Great atmosphere and home cooked meals. The view from our dorm room was absolutely stunning. If you are staying in the area definitely recommend staying here. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• 14th Oct 2014

Great location and atmosphere. They offer lots of activities, advice for things to do, and good food for cheap. I would recommend this place!

Great location! Very helpful staff! No kitchen, but they provide excellent meals for a good price! Highly recommended!

Overall a great hostel, friendly staff, very comfortable feel, great location, great food. Few little issues: average wifi, tiny single cubicle showers-no privacy or place to put your stuff, toilet rooms so small it's almost impossible to close the door. Unnecessarily long closing times for cleaning them too. Cool common room but closed 2-5. BUT! great hostel aside from that, would still reccomend

We rented sheets and towels and both were ripped, maybe it's time to buy some new linen.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great hostel. Food and drink are great, great atmosphere and staff. Having a lock out was slightly annoying on wet days but apart from that hostel is amazing.

Davide is the best chef ever! Amazing staff! Amazing location! Amazing stay!

Feel like being home, warm and cozy. The staff is so nice and absolutely helpful. Dinner is good value for money. Highly recommend to do canyoning if you visit there in the summer time.

This hostel was great I would stay again in a heartbeat. The staff we met were very friendly and helped set us up on a canyoning trip that was one of the highlights of our Italy trip. They also recommend hikes and the hostel boss even helped me look up some of my Italian relatives to see what town they are from. Bar is cheap and the atmosphere was great. Met a lot of other friendly travelers of all ages from all over. Look forward to returning some day.

I have been here twice now and this is my favourite hostel. Location is set in the middle of Lake Como and the views are breathtaking. Staff are friendly and the atmosphere is amazing. The food here is delicious too. Would recommend!

« first « Prev 1 2 3