Lake Como Youth Hostel La Primula Reviews

Via IV Novembre 106, Menaggio, Lake Como, Italy

The lockers are very small, but the hostel is located close to the Lake with a great view of the water and mountains!

Amazing staff . Thank you Cody and the German girl ( sorry ! Forgot the name ) . Location is great :)) tiny tiny shower tho .. If you are bit healthy (chubby ) you won't fit in :)) ... I love this hostel , will definitely recommend .

This hostel rocks. It's like one big family. The rooms are a little cramped though but it's not a big deal since you'll be spending most of your time downstairs in the common area. Located right next to the ferry and a 5 minute walk to the center of Menaggio. I would definitely stay here again!

Budget-friendly hostel in a very good location, just right next to Lake Como. Very helpful staff, good kitchen (although there is no common kitchen where you could prepare your own meal). They have many advi

Awesome scenery and friendly staff. Can take awhile to get to as it's located an hour by bus from Como but there are plenty. Rooms are a little small (we were in the 8 bed mixed). Breakfast is the usual hostel kind.

A self cooking facility would had been good if not excellent.

Location is only low because its far to get to. But it is an amazing view of the lake. Beautiful town. I recommend renting the bikes and going around town. Its amazing! Staff were open and welcoming, just be aware of prices (ie they invited us to eat with them and after about 5 minutes mentioned the price. But it says on signs.) there were ants in the room in the morning and a spider on the roof in the shower. Sheets were clean though and dishes too.

Really liked this hostel. The location is fabulous, breakfast in the sunshine every morning overlooking the lake. A few minutes to the bus stop or the ferry and a few minutes more to the center of Menaggio. Staff friendly and helpful. Stefano going out of his way to assist by posting an item I left behind. And a charming volunteer helped to make my visit more enjoyable. As a solo traveler I love the way they have a social table where you can eat with the staff and other guests if you choose.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Best hostel I've ever stayed in!! Between the location, view of the lake, wonderful staff and facilities, I would absolutely recommend this hostel to others. The food is excellent and very affordable compared to prices in town. The staff was very helpful with planning day excursions and the manager, Fabio, helped me figure out my train timetables to arrive at the airport on time. The hostel is social and great for solo travellers, but also perfect for families! I will absolutely be returning!!

• 2nd Nov 2014

I booked for one night and I ended up staying 4 nights! It's one of the best hostel I've ever been to! See you soon!!

Lovely stay, excellent food and good entertainment :) thank you guys expecially Beatrice!

• 28th Oct 2014

Location way beyond expectations, cool and helpful staff, great food and very good value. The 8 bed mixed dorm had an amazing view right on the lake. Wish I could have stayed longer! I'll definitely come back.

• 28th Oct 2014

This hostel has an amazing location, Lake Como is gorgeous and is the only hostel I could find.The majority of the staff were very helpful and friendly as well! However, I found the state of the hostel including our rooms and bathrooms to be disgusting. I was there for four nights and my room or the shared bathroom were not cleaned once. Considering you are to be out of your room from 10:30-12:30 and the reception is closed 2-5pm I found this to be ridiculous that the place was that dirty.

Such a wonderful hostel. The location is the best! The ferry from the Varenna train station we found to be very easy. The view from our dorm was amazing. Excellent staff who spoke great English. Bathrooms and beds were clean. Great place to meet people, and they have wonderful dinners here that are very reasonably priced. The only thing was I wish there were ether bigger lockers to fit a whole bag or a lock on the room door for better security.

nice location with great view. Friendly staff. Great atmosphere. Yet slow wifi, no kitchen. No security. Wierd rule eg: Not allow to bring foods into room.